6.12 - Just Like Gwen and Gavin
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 05:56:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 100472 Members
Latest Member: MTraill

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.12 - Just Like Gwen and Gavin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: 6.12 - Just Like Gwen and Gavin  (Read 41832 times)
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2006, 06:50:59 am »

Hope this isn't too early... Undecided

Knowing he has let too much time go by, Luke (Scott Patterson) is still unable to tell Lorelai (Lauren Graham) about the existence of his 12-year-old daughter, April (Vanessa Marano), and he is thrown into a panic when April wants to hang out with him at the diner. When April and Lorelai both show up at the diner and begin chatting, April innocently explains that Luke is her father. Lorelai tries to be supportive, even offering to postpone the wedding date, but Luke's reaction to this idea leaves her confused and hurt. Back at Yale, Logan (Matt Czuchry) takes unusual steps to win Rory (Alexis Bledel) back, and the newspaper staff rebels against Paris' (Liza Weil) reign of terror at the Yale Daily News. Meanwhile, Stars Hollow holds its annual Winter Carnival, and Lorelai and Rory run a booth featuring their dog, Paul Anka, as a fortune teller.
Sherilyn Fenn guest stars as Ana Nardini. Keiko Agena, Liz Torres and Sean Gunn also star.

The episode was written by Daniel Palladino and directed by Stephen Clancy.

source: thewb.com
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 05:46:40 pm by Heidi » Logged

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

vanessac1590
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 01:18:39 pm »

It looks like at good episode. Can't wait!
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 307

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 02:19:09 pm »

who are the first people who get to see it?  Like is it aired in England, or Canada, or is the first place the East Coast, USA?

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
MurphyFan595
Diner Chef

Community Points: 63

Oh how I wish we could go back...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 04:59:38 pm »

two minutes...be back later  Cheesy

(cause they're all important)

As Always:
equestrian is a sport
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 06:06:10 pm »

Angry He was supposed to say "no i don't want to pospone the wedding, i love you and that is all that matters!"  No, he has to go and break her heart!!!!
anyone else curious about what Lorelai's letter to Logan said?
April's voice is a little annoying but she's sweet and innocant.  I wish Luke would have told her earlier.  She got to terms with him having a daughter, but to pospone the wedding!!!!!  Cry

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Erin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 06:15:38 pm »

I really think that Lorelai and Luke should have talked more before just postponing the wedding.  It was obvious that Lorelai wasn't happy with it, but she didn't say anything!  Why can't they just communicate and be honest with each other?  I mean, seriously!  All I can say is I hope that this gets resolved and the wedding is back on soon.

I don't understand what Luke's feelings about postponing the wedding are all about.  He wanted this, did he not?  Sure, April complicates things, but I honestly thought that after Lorelai found out and that was resolved that the wedding would still be on.  Is he having second thoughts about marrying her, or is he just confused about April?  Can someone decipher his feelings better than I'm doing?

I was very curious about what was in Lorelai's letter.  Maybe we'll get to hear it in the next episode when Logan and Rory will more than likely get back together?  (That's not a spoiler, just a prediction.)  I have to admit, it was nice to see Logan having to grovel a bit and get a taste of humility.

Paris is out of control. She's heading for impeachment or a heart attack, one of the two. 

The whole Taylor incognito thing was a little blah, as was the fortune thing.  Paul Anka, thy name is filler!

And why wasn't there a preview?  Is there not a new episode next week?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 06:18:44 pm by Erin » Logged

MurphyFan595
Diner Chef

Community Points: 63

Oh how I wish we could go back...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 06:16:53 pm »

still processing but the episode next week is 21 is the Lonliest Number

(cause they're all important)

As Always:
equestrian is a sport
Erin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 06:19:43 pm »

That stinks!  We just got off a stinkin' 6 week hiatus only to have 2 eps and a repeat?  Grrr.

DarthGator
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 06:23:26 pm »

Angry He was supposed to say "no i don't want to pospone the wedding, i love you and that is all that matters!"  No, he has to go and break her heart!!!!
anyone else curious about what Lorelai's letter to Logan said?
April's voice is a little annoying but she's sweet and innocant.  I wish Luke would have told her earlier.  She got to terms with him having a daughter, but to pospone the wedding!!!!!  Cry

I will be extremely irate if they screw up luke and lorelai's relationship,because that is one of the main things that my mother and I have been waiting for on this show! After comming to terms with our unhealthy relationship with this show I don't think we could handle not watching. (which is what we will do if they screw up the relationship)
Luke was so eager to set a date, I can't belive that he would postpone that easily. It just seems out of character. I agree he should of told he earlier, but she should understand his reluctance. (omg i just realized how badly I need therapy) I mean he is absolutly crazy about her! If that changes, God help the writers of the show!

--I'm gonna go find a really good therapist now...
DarthGator
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 06:26:44 pm »

still processing but the episode next week is 21 is the Lonliest Number

There goes my birthday plans!! I wish they would at least play the one before last!
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 06:28:04 pm »

i didn't see the preview for next week!  I kept watching but they basically went streight to Supernatural.  ooh, no wonder.  Though, for me i guess this is a good thing because i have exams, but it would give me something good and nice and happy to look foward to before my 2 major midterms the next day.
I really think that Lorelai and Luke should have talked more before just postponing the wedding.  It was obvious that Lorelai wasn't happy with it, but she didn't say anything!  Why can't they just communicate and be honest with each other?  I mean, seriously!  All I can say is I hope that this gets resolved and the wedding is back on soon.

I don't understand what Luke's feelings about postponing the wedding are all about.  He wanted this, did he not?  Sure, April complicates things, but I honestly thought that after Lorelai found out and that was resolved that the wedding would still be on.  Is he having second thoughts about marrying her, or is he just confused about April?  Can someone decipher his feelings better than I'm doing?
well. i agree. their communications are not good.  I wish they would just sit down and talk about everything instead of keeping it inside and talking to other people (ie Rory and Liz).  They are in this together and have to talk to work things out and to knwo what the other is thinking and wants!
Also, Luke was the one before who wanetd the wedding.  Lorelai wanted to wait for Rory, but he stood patiantly by her and wanted it, up until the moment when Rory was back and it could be on again, because no, he had to have a daughter and be confused and not tell his fiance!
Lorelai wants everything too be good but she doesn't always voice her say.  I can't believe she actually asked though.  I knew from spoilers that luke wanted to pospone the wedding and it would crush her, but she's the one who brought up the idea (though i think she was really hoping he wouldn't say yes and that be the end of that).

DarthGator
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 06:30:08 pm »

They have WAY too many commericails. I couldn't even enjoy the show!! I think they should give us an episode to watch, not a commercial! Seriously! would it of been that hard to get into a LITTLE more detail! Its so wrong what they are doing to the show! they are heading down a terrible path!
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 06:32:00 pm »

They have WAY too many commericails. I couldn't even enjoy the show!! I think they should give us an episode to watch, not a commercial! Seriously! would it of been that hard to get into a LITTLE more detail! Its so wrong what they are doing to the show! they are heading down a terrible path!
I agree!  Every like 5 minutes i was switching the chanel and watching friends because it was another commercial.  We missed out on a lot of possible Gilmore Girls!

DarthGator
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 06:32:48 pm »

Lorelai wants everything too be good but she doesn't always voice her say.  I can't believe she actually asked though.  I knew from spoilers that luke wanted to pospone the wedding and it would crush her, but she's the one who brought up the idea (though i think she was really hoping he wouldn't say yes and that be the end of that).

agreed. What she wanted to hear was a roaring rebelion at the thought of postponing. Why didn't he just go with it! He knows her too well to know it's just dandy with her!
DarthGator
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 06:34:44 pm »

I agree!  Every like 5 minutes i was switching the chanel and watching friends because it was another commercial.  We missed out on a lot of possible Gilmore Girls!

They could of gone in and put more into this show! They definatly weren't crushed for time. It's going to turn into some sick soap if they don't slow (SLOW-alot-, not stop) these wild twists.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: