Off Topic Thread - Because a lot has happened!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 08:53:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Off Topic Thread - Because a lot has happened!
Poll
Question: Where do you see yourself in ten years?
She (or he) works hard for the money - 12 (11.8%)
Married and/or raising a family - 29 (28.4%)
Traveling the world of wonders - 6 (5.9%)
Hooray for Hollywood (rich and famous) - 9 (8.8%)
It doesn't matter as long as I'm happy - 30 (29.4%)
Retired - 0 (0%)
Other (elaborate in a post) - 8 (7.8%)
Where Heidi leads, I will follow - 8 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] Print
Author Topic: Off Topic Thread - Because a lot has happened!  (Read 746719 times)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #13410 on: July 08, 2015, 07:11:00 pm »

Many consider me younger than I am, and I always tend to dress up a little nicer and work extra hard to prove my worth.
That's the feeling I get too, from you, Melissa. And that's through a dead cold terminal. Keep spreading that light.

Ah you think I'm young and a hard worker.  So kind of you.  Kiss

Wow the imagery here ... have you considered writing? Wink :two cents:
According to the public education system I can't read or write, nor am I too able to do anything. Pretty stupid, really. So I kind'a think you might be mistaken, Melissa Wink
For less snarkyness: Yep. I would love that. But it normally turn out crazy. I had an LJ at one time. I believe only Sternen-meer got to read it. I know I have some prints. Might share the madness some time.
Oh, and *hug* Thank you Smiley[/quote]

Don't get me started on how standardized tests and regular grades rarely tell the real story behind talent and worth of a student.  Anyone can put their mind to achieving a dream, they just need to make it a priority and not be afraid of asking for help.  Underneath your facade of cool GG-manliness you have always have very deep profound thoughts.  I'd love to see you work on writing something.  I know there are at least 30 of us who would buy it. And now with how many online platforms there are, publishing is pretty easy.  Go for it, if you want!!! 

I better go fix lunch for my kids .....
Your like such a mom [/quote]
And yes, I admit I'm guilty of popping on here with the intention of getting off once he got home from the bus.  Yet the bus was early so I plopped back on, and guilty again of making him wait a little and ask a few times before making that sandwich.  But before you rush to judgements, I did save him a smoothie from earlier for when he walked in the door.   Drink

*Why 9? Because I'm laid back like that Cool
[/quote]
#LOST

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #13411 on: July 10, 2015, 11:44:24 am »

I have worked in jobs where I am surrounded by men and jobs where I am surrounded by women and I have to say, working with women is unpleasant.

I agree, it can be unpleasant working with women. At work our marketing communications has 'too many women'. There is lots of gossip and bitchiness and one of the superiors (a woman) told me she wanted to hire a man, when we were doing some recruiting with her, because they had too many women and needed some men to balance it out.

A clown?  A jungle?

yeah, you don't wanna know...It's much better now though.

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13412 on: August 25, 2015, 10:39:26 pm »

Off topic, yet still slightly on topic, I was about three feet away from Matthew Perry yesterday.  We were eating lunch at the same burger restaurant. 

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #13413 on: August 30, 2015, 07:05:18 pm »

I want to live somewhere where I can have random burger restaurant run ins with celebrities! I saw a minor Australian actor in the supermarket once and a bunch of comedians in the airport...that's all in my claims to random celebrity adventures!

What did he order? Smiley

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: