Rory's Boyfriends Discussion

<< < (140/428) > >>

Summer:
I agree with Dani about who the "choice guys" are and how that breaks down. In addition, I want to add that Rory really didn't jump from guy to guy in the case of Jess back to Dean (or to Logan, depending on whether or not you view the Dean thing as a real relationship). It's funny how quickly people seem to forget that Rory was basically single for all of season 4 until those last eps, in particular the finale.

Dean1342:
You're right about her being single in season 4.  I just think that when Rory is dating someone, things happen too fast.  In seasons 1-3, it was Dean and then she went straight to Jess the same episode that Dean broke up with her.  Then she sleeps with Dean, Dean breaks it off with Lindsay, Rory and Dean breakup and Logan is right there for her to hookup with next.  I don't know, it just doesn't make Rory's character look too smart. 

But as far as keeping Dean and Jess on the show, I know that both actors left to do other shows.  In my opinion, the show is just not the same without them.  I really don't care for Logan so I am biased, plus, Rory's character has been a mess lately as well so that doesn't help matters.  I just feel that they made things happen too quickly in seasons 1-3.  They should've had Rory date Jess in season 4 as well rather than only being together for about 10 episodes in season 3.  When the writers spent all of that time building up that Jess/Rory romance in season 2 and the first part of season 3, you'd think the writers would keep them together longer before they broke up.  The Jess/Rory romance has really turned into a physical attraction between both characters rather than a case where Rory genuinely loved him like she does Logan and Dean.  For all of the buildup, the Jess/Rory romance just seemed to end quickly.

One last thing, with the exception of Dean, Rory just doesn't seem to go for the good guys.  Logan treats Rory like dirt and Jess had major issues that went beyond Rory.  Then if you look at the way that Rory has treated Dean, IMO, the only guy that Rory has dated that has been totally into her without hurting her, it makes me think that maybe Rory doesn't deserve a guy that will treat her right.  I hate to say that about her character, but that is the way, IMO, that the writers have made her when it comes to her relationships.

Jessloverforever:
Personally, Im not a fan of Dean at all. However, the only thing i liked about him was how he was protective of Rory. Whenever Jess or Tristan or someone, did something to screw with Rory, he made sure they wouldn't do it again, and he kept her safe. BUT- He was overprotective. which i didn't like. Whenever she hung out with some other guy, who wasn't him, he got really angry and jealous. I didn't think that was a good charactheristic for a boyfriend. He hung on to rory to tightly and i actually think he sucked up to her, because he was afraid of losing her. He built her a car, he took her to all those dances. He was all over her. But the thing that really got me, was how even though he went to all those dances, rory practically had to beg him. And when they went to the book fair thing, he was so bored and made it obvious. If it were jess, he would have been out there looking at the books with rory. I didn't care for dean at all.

Now, we get to Logan. I hate Logan even more than i hate dean. I think that Logan only knows one word- PARTY. oh and DRINK. Whenever you see him on the show, he's either drunk, partying, or with some girl. He doesn't care about rory. He just wants to have some College fun. I really dont think he is good enough for Rory. When rory decided to drop out of Yale and move in with her grandparents, He didnt' do anything about that. If he truly cared about her, he would have. Jess was the one that convinced her to go back, move out, and dump logan. Which she never did, i didnt' like that.

Which brings me to Jess. My favorite of the three. and in my opinion, the best. Jess had everything in common with Rory. They read the same books, watched the same movies, Liked the same music. They were both incredibly smart, and both knew it too. They cared about each other and had always cared about each other. From Dean to Logan- no matter what, Jess always loved Rory. And it didn't matter, that she was with them. He still knew in his heart, that she was the one. He worked for it for a year. Then dean dumped rory. They got together. And it was the happiest season ever. Then college came for rory. And she met Logan. But what happens?? Oh yeah- Jess comes back. Sets Rory on the right track again, because he knows her. And he knows that this wasn't her. She went back to yale. Moved out. But yet, didnt dump Logan for some insane reason. Then jess comes again, but this time rory went to see him. and after 3 yrs. They kiss again. There had to be some huge feelings coming from both of them to make that happen.

Jess was the most amazing boyfriend. He loved her. He cared for her. He shared the same interests. He was the best.

rorylovesjess:
I never saw Dean as being overprotective. He loved Rory and became desperate when she started falling for Jess. He had every right to be overprotective because he didn't just think he was losing her, he knew it. He was her boyfriend and he didn't want to lose her, so I understood his anger and jeolously. Rory had treated him like dirt. And Dean and Jess are seperate characters. Dean wasn't all that into reading, Jess was. I have a feeling Jess would have been a slump at those dances as well. The only reasons Dean bothered me is after they broke up he kept trying to win her back. It just got really old. And then the whole sleeping with Rory thing. He was MARRIED for god's sake. What a ridiculous move. I lost all respect for him right there and then.

Quote from: Dean1342 on July 19, 2006, 06:05:09 am

One last thing, with the exception of Dean, Rory just doesn't seem to go for the good guys. Logan treats Rory like dirt and Jess had major issues that went beyond Rory. Then if you look at the way that Rory has treated Dean, IMO, the only guy that Rory has dated that has been totally into her without hurting her, it makes me think that maybe Rory doesn't deserve a guy that will treat her right. I hate to say that about her character, but that is the way, IMO, that the writers have made her when it comes to her relationships.

Your totally right. Rory is as messed up as the guys she dates. As much as I like Jess, Dean was the only one who really treated her like a boyfriend should and she treated him like trash. Yes, I think he began to be just as bad as the others when he slept with Rory even though he was married, but before that she had no right to be that awful to him.

write2amy:
has any1 noticed rory's face after logan, jess, and dean first tell her that they love her
it's freaky.   she does this weird thing w/ her eyes. u have to watch very carefully.

Quote from: rorylovesjess on July 19, 2006, 08:10:51 am

I never saw Dean as being overprotective. He loved Rory and became desperate when she started falling for Jess. He had every right to be overprotective because he didn't just think he was losing her, he knew it. He was her boyfriend and he didn't want to lose her, so I understood his anger and jeolously. Rory had treated him like dirt. And Dean and Jess are seperate characters. Dean wasn't all that into reading, Jess was. I have a feeling Jess would have been a slump at those dances as well. The only reasons Dean bothered me is after they broke up he kept trying to win her back. It just got really old. And then the whole sleeping with Rory thing. He was MARRIED for god's sake. What a ridiculous move. I lost all respect for him right there and then.

very good point

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page