Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2017, 06:42:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476533 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19874 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 Print
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 540243 times)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6975 on: January 19, 2010, 08:11:45 am »

Loved seeing Lauren at the Golden Globes on Sunday.  She was really elegant and beautiful as always.  Even though she did look beautiful, I'm still not sure how I feel about her hair style and dress.  I did like the way see looked so feminine in the bright pink gown.  When she steps out of the realm of black that she likes to wear, she does like to shine with a bright splash of color. 

It was really great that we got to see her a little bit longer than we would have if she was just presenting an award.  She and Jim Parsons from The Big Bang Theory also introduced this years Miss Golden Globe.  The catagory that they were presenting was Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Mini-Series or TV Movie which went to John Lithgow for Dexter.  Now I know that the episode of 3rd Rock From the Sun that Lauren was on was a long time ago, but I was disappointed that John didn't seem to know her.  Well, he actually seemed to just brush both Lauren and Jim off.  I almost wish that William Hurt, who was also nominated in that catagory, would have won.  Maybe he still remembers working with Lauren in One True Thing.  Oh well, we got to see and hear her again and she was gorgous.  That is the main point and I loved it.  Probably had a big grin on my face the whole time she was on  Grin

If you didn't catch the Golden Globes, you should check out youtube to see Lauren on it. 

NBC showed, I think, five promos for Parenthood during the Golden Globes, one which lead right into Lauren's presenting spot.  That was cool and smartly planned. 

Well, I guess we won't be seeing Lauren on Conan before he leaves.  I have been hearing that Friday is his last day.  I really do understand his bitterness with NBC and Jay, but I really hate watching it play out on his show so I haven't been watching it for the past four or five shows and I guess that I probably won't see any of the rest, unless somehow, they do slip Lauren in there.  I am sad that I guess I am done with Conan untill he shows up somewhere else.  When he does, I hope that he will just leave all of this behind him and not continue the bashing.  I am sure that it will happen and I am sure that the hosts from the other shows will do stuff as well.  I just hope that it will die down fast and everyone can just move on with their shows and entertain us. 

It was cool that at the Golden Globes, a bunch of actors were asked if they were on Conan or Jay's side and most, if not all said Conan.  I really hope that Jay gets bad ratings when he goes back to late night. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 08:48:33 am by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6976 on: January 19, 2010, 01:16:25 pm »

The promos for Parenthood are great.  My fave is Lauren going after her daughter like an animal.

I want to see this but I'm mad at NBC over the Jay-Conan mess.  I realized that Dick Ebersol, is an idiot.  The man was actually dumb enough to let Vince McMahon have the XFL on NBC for a year and it was terrible.  And he the audacity to blame Conan.  Someone get rid of this guy.

Lauren did look great but Celebwire or something put her in the worst dressed.  They have no idea what they were talking about nor do they have any idea of what fashion is.

Honey, I give that dress two snaps and a Ducky dance.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: January 19, 2010, 09:07:03 pm »

As good as they all are, I have to agree that that one is my fave as well. 

I don't care how mad I am at NBC or any one working for them, none of that will keep me from watching Parenthood.  I don't really pay that much attention to who does what where.  I just care about being entertained by shows and people that I like.  I agree, though, that if someone isn't doing their job in a way to help the company they work for, they should be gotten rid of.

Lauren did look amazing but several different places have put her on their worst dressed lists.  It is like the Tony's all over again.  Of course not everyone is going to like the same thing and we all seem to go through this every time she attends something so we just have to deal with it, I guess.  Although I did like the color and the bodice of her dress, I wasn't all that pleased with the skirt.  It wasn't the worst by any means, but the material was too heavy or stiff for my liking.  Something more flowey would have looked even better on her. 

Oh, I liked that last comment. 

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: February 09, 2010, 12:01:59 pm »

Lauren will be going to NY on Feb. 19 to tape an episode of The Marriage Ref.  It will be the 4th episode of the show and should be on TV March 25th since the first show will be aired March 4th.  Tracy Morgan will be on that episode, too.  I saw something about Denis Leary, but not sure if he will be on the episode as well or not. 

Curious as to what she has to say about marriage. 

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6979 on: February 09, 2010, 08:50:48 pm »

I read that somewhere on a GG news site.  Jerry Seinfeld is hosting it.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: February 09, 2010, 09:34:42 pm »

He is also an executive producer on the show.  I thought that I read that he was the creator of the show, but I haven't seen it mentioned any where lately so I must be mistaken on that one. 

EDIT:  ULGH!! Just found out that the taping of The Marriage Ref with Lauren has been cancelled and has not been rescheduled, at least
          as of yet.  I hope that they do reschedule it at some point.     

EDIT:  Was setting my DVR to record Parenthood on March 2nd and started going through other stuff to record and came across
          InFANity which will be showing something about Parenthood on Feb 27th and March 2nd both at 8:30 pm EST
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 07:10:56 am by cherilee13 » Logged

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6981 on: February 17, 2010, 04:28:39 pm »

I think The Marriage Ref is going to be bad.  Madonna is going to be on the show.  A woman, twice married, now dating some 20-year old model.

Sorry but to take marriage advice from an overrated freak who has overstayed her welcome doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: February 17, 2010, 06:45:29 pm »

I never had any desire to watch the Marriage Ref until I heard that Lauren was going to be on it and then I would have only watched that episode.  I think it is going to be a bad show, too.  I think that the episode that Lauren was going to tape on the 19th was cancelled so they could do the one with Madonna.  Not positive, but that is how I take what I read. 

I'm not into any of the reality shows.  They are so far from reality that it isn't funny.  In my opinion, they are just stupid and a big waste of time.  I know a lot of people really like them, but I don't so I don't watch them.

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6983 on: February 17, 2010, 08:52:49 pm »

Reality TV, with a few exceptions like Survivor, is a big reason for the dumbing down of our culture.  It allows idiots to become famous for no reason.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: February 18, 2010, 08:44:17 am »

The Survivor was the start of my hate for reality TV.  To me some are better, most are way worse, but I pretty much hate them all.

Some people live for them and other pick and choose, but that is my opinion on them all.

EDIT:  Just came across an article that said Lauren will have an article in the March 2010 issue of More Magazine and it will be on stands February 23.  She is on the cover as well. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:11:59 am by cherilee13 » Logged

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6985 on: March 02, 2010, 08:09:26 pm »

OK, I just saw the pilot for Parenthood.

It was pretty good.  Lauren was amazing as usual as was Peter Krause and Craig T. Nelson.  I could watch all three read lines from Monty Python.  It was a little uneven and again, it's a pilot.  I think I'll give my full opinion after the next few episodes.

This is not Lorelai Gilmore.  The woman Lauren plays is someone just trying to raise two teens.  One of them is a troublemaker while the other wants to go with his junkie/musician dad and she's just trying.  That scene where she's calling her young sister over this date she's having was funny.  It's just good to see her on TV.  I'm going to keep going since I'm not the kind of person that watches a lot of TV shows anyways.  Still, it was pretty good.  Let's just see how it will pan out.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: March 17, 2010, 08:47:14 pm »

Happy Belated Birthday to Lauren.  Yesterday was her birthday.  I wonder if they did anything for her on the set. 

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6987 on: March 21, 2010, 11:02:51 am »

I heard Lauren is going to be on Leno this coming week or something.

I'm not going to watch it.  My ban on Leno still stands.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: March 21, 2010, 05:16:17 pm »

Yeah, the TV Guide says that she will be on Monday the 29th and Craig T Nelson will be on Friday the 26th.  I have sworn off Jay Leno, but I will watch just because it is Lauren and Craig.  I will watch Lauren on anything.  My love for her far out weighs my dislike for Jay or anyone else. 

Lauren's movie It's Kind of a Funny Story will be released in theaters on September 24, 2010 instead of in November.  Yeah!!!!  Can't wait.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:26:55 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6989 on: June 17, 2010, 10:49:41 am »

I heard a rumor that Lauren might be in Scream 4.

No.  I don't think I wanna see that.  I just don't like the idea of seeing Lauren getting killed.  It was bad enough to see Scott Patterson become a pancake in Saw V.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: