GilmoreGirls.org Forum
August 03, 2020, 01:50:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who do you think is best for lane?
dave
zach
young chue
henry

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Lane Kim / Keiko Agena Appreciation  (Read 125825 times)
jayde
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2007, 02:14:58 pm »

Keiko Agena is 33!?

Holy mackerel she looks a lot younger than that. That means she was what.. 25 when she was playing the role of a 16-year-old? I'm floored. Darn Asians! They look youthful forever.
ursakatja
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 258

i was born to love you.....

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2007, 01:56:48 am »

lane is a great caracter.

mooey93
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2007, 02:36:29 am »

I love Lane she is soo great!! I can't beleive that Keiko Agena is like 33!! Shocked she so doesn't look 33!! Lane is such a great character, she is always so funny and energetic, with her whole life under the floorboards!! Grin She is always so fun, and generaly understanding of every decision that Rory makes r a mistake that she has made, she is so supportive and offers great advice to Rory. Keiko Agena is a great character, i couldn't imagine Lane being played by anyone other than Keiko; she is a great actress and is a perfect Lane. Anyone know of any movies that Keiko may be in? Huh

Rory to Paris:"oh god your like a scary pop-up book!"
Lorelai:"shall I put a mirror in front of you so you can have this conversation with yourself?"

Maddy
JaymeSue
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2007, 08:51:34 pm »

Hey Everyone!! I purchased the new People Magazine this week. It's the 100 Most Beautiful People Issue of 2007 and Keiko (Lane) has been named as one of them, Her picture is on page 154 in this issue. She looks great!!
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2007, 09:38:56 pm »

Anyone know of any movies that Keiko may be in? Huh
Here's a website with her filmography: http://imdb.com/name/nm0012962/
Apparently last year she was in a short film called "Chances Are" and she voices Yori in Kim Possible.
I can't believe she's 33! No way. Lauren Graham only just turned 40 and I always saw them as being a generation apart. Lauren looks young, but Keiko looks younger.
So she's 33 playing a 22 year old
Alexis is 25 playing a 22 year old (and Lane and Rory always looked about the same age to me)
Lauren is 40 playing a 38 year old (so not much of a gap in either of their cases)
Matt is almost 30 playing a 25 year old and
Liza Weil is almost 30 playing a 22 year old (also never picked up much of a difference between her age and Rory's)
Weird, weird,weird. Just shows how much costuming and makeup can change your percieved age. And to be fair it's hard to judge age to within 5 years, but I can't believe Keiko is playing someone over 10 years younger!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2007, 07:20:15 pm »

I'm still not getting over the fact that shes 33!
I don't see it!

Gah. Its so weird!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2007, 03:34:46 pm »

I was so glad that Lane and Rory got to spend some time together in the finale! I was so hoping that they would devote some time to them, becuase they had such a long history together! I'm happy to see that they did! Smiley I love Lane and think she's amazing! Smiley Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2007, 06:26:55 pm »

I loved the way they closed the storyline between Lane and Rory. I was like an "I've always been there and I will always be there" moment even though their lives are now almost polar opposites.  Btw does anyone know if Keiko was pregnant in real life and that was why they made Lane pregnant? or was it just a storyline?
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2007, 09:16:45 am »

I loved the way they closed the storyline between Lane and Rory. I was like an "I've always been there and I will always be there" moment even though their lives are now almost polar opposites...

I was so glad that Lane and Rory got to spend some time together in the finale! I was so hoping that they would devote some time to them, becuase they had such a long history together! I'm happy to see that they did! Smiley I love Lane and think she's amazing! Smiley Smiley

I agree with you! Lane is ultra cool. But i felt their talk should have happened in the previous episode of Rory's Yale graduation. Rory was dealing with big issues in that episode (uncertain job prospects, marriage proposal), and who better to turn to than your oldest dearest friend??? 

But i loved in the finale the way Rory was feeling nervous about her new job and Lane was trying to bolster her confidence, reminding her how special she is. The way they talked about how much they've meant to each other over the years was very touching without getting overly sentimental.

I also noticed a surprising moment when Lane showed a temper similar to Mrs. Kim! When Zach interrupted Rory & Lane's chat to tell Lane that the party people need to set-up and Rory needs to leave, Lane shot him a cold glare that would chill anyone! And poor Zach quickly got the message that they would finish their conversation when they finished.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:16:49 pm by bingbong » Logged

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2007, 06:35:31 am »

omg i just read up at the top of this page that she's 33!!!!!!!!!! wow!!! I would have never guessed!!

Lane is just amazing, although they aren't related by blood she is definitly a true Gilmore Girl!!
I love Lane she has some of the funniest moments owed to her!
Definitly one of my favourite characters!!
Her wedding cake was sooooo cool!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2007, 07:01:14 am »

I also put Lane among my fave characters. Paris has been as much a nemesis to Rory as a friend, someone to "push" Rory into greater things but still a pain in the butt. Lane, however, is a classic best friend, always there for you and ready to help out.

Lane is also one of the best speed-talkers on the show. If  Lorelai speaks at 100 mph and Rory at 95 mph, then Lane is certainly around 90 mph. And she does not drink much coffee that i've noticed, so she achieves the speed-talking without much caffeine boost.  Smiley

neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2007, 08:33:12 pm »

I love the Lane character as well, because she is the most like me! I was smart and did great in school, but I choose the marriage & family path and kinda lost touch at times with my best friend while she finished college and pursued her dreams...but we always found our way back to each other, and now I'm the Maid of Honor in her wedding (and I'm not going to let my mom make a drunken toast  Wink!)

Anyway- I always knew that KA was older than AB, but not by that much! You go girl! I wonder what kind of cream she uses?! Shocked I also think that she is pregnant in real life...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2007, 11:15:13 am »

I love the Lane character as well, because she is the most like me! I was smart and did great in school, but I choose the marriage & family path and kinda lost touch at times with my best friend while she finished college and pursued her dreams...but we always found our way back to each other...

The only thing i question about that comparison is that Lane did not really "choose" the family path. The gal had sex once and boingo she was preggers. It was certainly not part of her immediate plan! I was kind of disappointed that Lane got preggers as fast as she did, only because i wanted her to live out her dream of being a drummer. She can possibly continue that dream, but it will be waaaaay down the road. And i admit it has been interesting to see her adjust to her new life as a mom.

I agree that Lane is popular because she is the kind of best friend who you always go back to eventually, even if your lives move in different directions. We all need someone like that!   Smiley

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:17:18 am by bingbong » Logged

PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2007, 11:01:00 am »

I am in a picture posting mood today. 
Here for all you Lane fans

My New Website
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2007, 11:35:21 am »

You are all over the forum, PrettyTownSpinster!

I love the 1st & 3rd pix, but i think she has too much make-up in the middle one. And i am still flabbergasted that she is 33.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
  Print  

Jump to: