Lane Kim / Keiko Agena Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2017, 06:44:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476533 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19874 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Lane Kim / Keiko Agena Appreciation
Poll
Question: Who do you think is best for lane?
dave
zach
young chue
henry

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print
Author Topic: Lane Kim / Keiko Agena Appreciation  (Read 98071 times)
danceprncss92
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

fangs up <33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2007, 07:06:28 pm »

this is soo true...they never mention Lane's father. hhmm..the world may never know Undecided

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2007, 07:46:14 pm »

Amy said that by the finale we would see him!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2007, 05:30:31 pm »

i love lane shes so cool(espically her room)

Lane's room was incredible. A Tale of Two Rooms! I loved that she had her CDs stashed in the floorboards by genre and i especially loved her psychedelic closet.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2007, 10:46:28 pm »

What I like about Lane is that she just does not accept things as they come. She tries to work things out for herself. Unlike her mother, she knows very well how to compromise. I've always seen her as someone who follows her dreams. She is beautiful and very polite. A great friend for sure.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2007, 10:30:47 am »

What I like about Lane is that she just does not accept things as they come. She tries to work things out for herself. Unlike her mother, she knows very well how to compromise. I've always seen her as someone who follows her dreams. She is beautiful and very polite. A great friend for sure.

Lane was very much a person who wanted to get along with others. Not that she would be taken advantage of, but she was had a communal spirit about her. She was the person most active in keeping the band together when Dave left and all the way through. She was a team player, not a dominator, the way Mrs. Kim was.

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2007, 09:32:17 pm »

I think Lane learned a lot from Mrs. Kim though. I don't know that Mrs. Kim was all that bad. People don't give her enough credit. (Not saying that's happening here) I think that without Mrs. Kim in Lane's life, Lane very well may have turned out to be a different person. I think that their relationship was special and that as much as Lane dislikes the way she's growing up, I think she loves her mom and really appreciates her upbringing. It's a different lifestyle, a Korean household. While I don't know exactly what it's like, from my research on what it would have been like had I not been adopted, I'm thinking that we Americans have it pretty good. And Lane, living in America, had is really good! I think she just liked to push the limits, see how far she could go...like any normal teenager. But what made Lane special was that she appreciated her mother and they shared a special relationship. And I don't think Mrs. Kim was really that out  of touch with her daughter. I wouldn't put it past her, I'm sure she knew a lot more than Lane ever dreamed she did.

A comment about Lane's room - the floorboards, I have to get me some of those! THAT was my favorite part about her room. Smiley

One of the best things about Lane is her music taste! She's such a great gal, I'd love to have her as a friend!!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2007, 10:04:57 am »

I agree that Mrs. Kim was a better mom than she usually gets credit for, and Iíve happily praised her on her Appreciation Thread. Lane loves her mom but Iím not so sure that she appreciated her upbringing, even after she went out on her own. For example, when she told Zach that she would not have sex until she was married, she was horrified to discover that this was the one thing about Mrs. Kimís teachings that had ďstuckĒ.† Although I think Mrs. Kim was a much better mom for Lane than Emily was for Lorelai, there are similarities. Mrs. Kim did not seem interested in seeing who Lane really was; she imparted her discipline and wisdom, but once Lane was well into her teens, Mrs. Kim might have done better for herself to allow a bit of leeway for Lane. She sent Lane to Starís Hollow High School, not a private religious school, and should have expected Lane to branch out a bit (iím not sure if she was aware when Lane became a cheerleader). She saw glimpses of Laneís interests in boys, rock concerts, music, etc., and incorrectly regarded them as passing temptations. When she discovered Laneís ďsecretĒ room, Lane was already around 19 and Mrs. Kim was stunned by the discovery, clueless that this had been going on all those years. That it came as a complete surprise shows the blinders that Mrs. Kim wore when dealing with Lane.

I also love Laneís floorboards, and the way she categorized all her different musical tastes within each floorboard. But her closet is my favorite part of her room. I love that it was her sanctuary and allowed her to step into her own separate world, temporarily free to be herself.

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2007, 02:12:40 am »

As always, great discussion....

Now a little OT of the past discussion...

Did anyone see Keiko on last weeks Private Practice?  I thought it was coincidental that she worked in a convent, yet I don't think she was a full blown nun because she wasn't in a habit and such.  It was a short role, but cool to see her on the show.  First David S, now Keiko ... who'll be next?

Oh and random, but I've always wondered how you pronounce her name?  Anyone?

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2007, 05:41:49 pm »

Melissa-
How you pronounce her first name?
It's like Cake-oh.
And, her last name is like Again-a.
Have you seen Free Willy? Keiko was the name of the whale that played Willy. So, if you've heard his name, that's how you pronounce hers. 

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
gilmoregirlfreak
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2007, 07:36:50 am »

lane is sooo funny when rorys talkin to her about sleepin with dean in season 5 she yells at the band!
i laughed so hard i cried!

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2007, 01:50:14 am »

lane is sooo funny when rorys talkin to her about sleepin with dean in season 5 she yells at the band!
i laughed so hard i cried!

Ooo, i loved that scene! I always think what a great friend she is to get so worked out† and yells at the band for Rory. She was very considerate and didn't for a second judge Rory. Here it was so clear the differance between Lorelai and Lane. Both are her best friends but on different level. Lorelai was talking more like a mother who wants the best for her kid. Lane was more of a friend who'd support you even if you were wrong. If i was Rory at the time i would have preferred to be with Lane. There is nothing harder than to be judged when you are already feeling bad.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 01:52:10 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2007, 06:15:07 pm »

I'm a big fan of Keiko Agena's part on Gilmore Girls as Lane. I don't know why maybe it's because her and Sookie make things better for not just Lorelai and Rory, but the whole show seems to get happier when they pop up. Not so much Sookie as Lane, but that's why I like Keiko's role better. So this thread is to talk about Keiko or Lane, your choice! So start chatting. Grin
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 06:16:45 pm by kaylarox » Logged

dmskier
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2008, 01:10:06 am »

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a card with her autograph and a piece of her shirt?
Reply or email me at [email protected]
Thanks Grin
gilmore for life
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2008, 02:42:02 pm »

lane is the best friend u could ask for
nld101307
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

I'm never late, I'm just a perfectionist!!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2008, 04:02:22 pm »

A piece of her shirt? Like....someone took a shirt and cut it up and then sold it? Really?

~SUPER HUGE thanks to Amber for this beautiful sig!!~
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: