Headliners/Sophies (Logan and Rory) - In omnia paratus
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 04:06:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 100565 Members
Latest Member: Patrickmak

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Relationship Threads
| | | |-+  Headliners/Sophies (Logan and Rory) - In omnia paratus
Poll
Question: Are they going to last?  (Voting closed: November 22, 2005, 06:48:22 pm)
yes - 3 (21.4%)
no - 5 (35.7%)
maybe - 4 (28.6%)
whatever - 1 (7.1%)
I hope so - 1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 Print
Author Topic: Headliners/Sophies (Logan and Rory) - In omnia paratus  (Read 105173 times)
Lulita
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 22

I'm Lu =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1080 on: March 11, 2008, 08:46:56 pm »

I liked all of rorys boyfriend, Dean high school sweetheart, Jess dangerous mysterious, and of course Logan. Honestly I didn't know what would happen between rory and logan. I mean I loved them together, but I wasn't quit sure it would last. O and when he asked her to marry him I had no idea what she was going to say. After her answer I wasn't sure if I liked her answer, yet I wasn't sure if I would have liked it if she said yes either and I still have no real idea about how I feel about the situation!

Same thing here! I couldn't see her as a wife, as Logan's wife, but I couldn't imagine them apart either! It was a confussing moment, but I'm pretty sure it was the only way out...It's like, she needed to live a little before she could settle down...my opinion at least Smiley

*Special thanks to Marian*
              SPREE
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 24, 2008, 02:19:11 am »

Sad, lonely thread  Cry

Are there any Headliners left?  Cheesy

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 24, 2008, 04:12:56 am »

Sad, lonely thread† Cry

Are there any Headliners left?† Cheesy

Yeah, there is me!  Smiley To get this thread moving, when do you think were Rory and Logan at their best?

For me, i loved them most in season 5. Their relationship was so exciting at that point. Maybe because it was at the beginging. Maybe because they had no obligations at that point, they were only college students. Whatever the reason, i think they were their most amazing in season 5. Even though i do like how their relationship evolved after that.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 24, 2008, 12:39:47 pm »

^ ^ Oh what the hoo, i will throw in my two cents on your DS. I liked their moment after Logan's accident when Rory stayed with him at the hospital. It took a near-death experience for them to put their feelings into perspective and appreciate each other. I also enjoyed when Rory stuck it to Mitchum, pointing out that no one in the family cared enough to visit the hospital; it further emphasized how much Rory cared for Logan.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 24, 2008, 04:09:01 pm »

And count me in.  Headliner all the way baby.  Having said that I liked all of Rory's boyfriends when they were up to bat so to speak, but I have to say that I think that Logan was the best match for her, followed closely by Jess.

As for the DS - what kind of a question is that? Wink  It's like asking me to pick my fave kind of chocolate or better still my favourite child (Mum of two here Smiley).  It's impossible because it's all good.  They were at their best from the very first.... ooops let me say second meeting when Logan was goading her into a debate and insisted she refer to him as Master and Commander, right up until Dave R had a brain anneurism and had her turn down his proposal and have him walk away.  Not saying they had to do the marriage thing then and there, but there is no way that relationship was ending like that.

Please read Forum Rules
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 24, 2008, 05:09:01 pm »

Celebrate Headliners!!! Celebrate

For the DS: I agree with Caryn, too many amazingness to pick from! I'd probably have to go with post 7.17...the depth of their love and relationship was taken to a whole other level. Of course it was nice to FINALLY see Logan in Stars Hollow, he fit in so well. Unfortunately the second half of 7.21 ends the greatness (that's a whole other rant  Cheesy ). For my 2nd favorite, I'd have to agree with Jim.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 24, 2008, 05:55:07 pm »

Well as I said all the ship was my favourite moments but Laura's and Jim's moments are definately up there for sure.

If I had to mention another one right now I think the whole "If I say I can be your boyfriend" scene would have to rank up there also.  Definately a major turning point in their relationship that had me very giddy at the time!

Please read Forum Rules
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 25, 2008, 05:09:29 am »

I have to say Jim, the hospital scene gets on my nerve! Only because i have seen it so many times in other shows or read about it in books. Couldn't they be a little more creative? Although i have to admit that when Rory was pulling his chair so slowly, that was so cute! Also it was great to see her scream at his father, not Rory-like but hey love can make you do crazier things!  Smiley

I liked the scenes where Logan would point out Rory's flaws. It's so rare when someone do that with her (she was always portrayed as a perfect character) Like for example in "You Jump, I Jump Jack" where he says she is so sheltered and afraid of living. I loved that!

I also loved in "The Wedding Bell Blues" how Rory was the one to start that relationship. She was always waiting for the guy to take the first move but here she showed some progress. I also liked how Logan was honest in saying that he wasn't ready for a real relationship.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 25, 2008, 06:58:40 am »

Another moment i enjoyed was when Rory decided she didn't want to have an open relationship with Logan and challenged him to be a one-gal boyfriend. I'm not sure if that's what Caryn was referring to? I liked the way Rory was experimenting with the open relationship, the kind of thing a person might do in college that is against their usual nature. But once she decided it's not for her, she refreshingly confronted him directly about it, not something she or especially Lorelai is known for in relationships. Logan didn't pretend it would be easy for him, but he accepted the challenge; he decided she's worth it. I'm not saying any of this made me giddy (i leave giddy to Caryn and Spongebob Bigpants)† Wink† but it was one of their better moments for me.

I agree with Sidney that Logan's accident and the hospital scenes had a bit of familiar soap opera to them, but the way it played out was very touching. I actually think it was Rory-like to rip into Mitchum in that moment. She of course has that calm demeanor about her, but this was an extreme situation. As we've seen with Rory since Chilton, she can get tough and righteous when necessary. She didn't go into a full-scale Paris-style rant; she was very firm but controlled, Rory-style.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 27, 2008, 04:16:26 pm »

Sad, lonely thread† Cry

Are there any Headliners left?† Cheesy

Heh, Iím still here too even if it takes me a while sometimes to chime in.†

I have to agree that itís hard to pick one specific moment or chapter of their relationship as my favorite.† As a whole, I liked seeing the relationship evolve.† From casual dating to trying the boyfriend-girlfriend thing to becoming an adult relationship.† I especially liked their relationship in S7.† They had come so far in the way that they related to each other.†

One of my favorite moments is of course You Jump I Jump Jack.† But later that season prior to them being an official item, Pulp Friction.† I found the way Rory took joy in making Logan jealous to be somewhat distasteful but I like the premise of that episode.† If you ignore the slightly immature hoops Rory was jumping though it really was the first time Logan really began to appreciate what a great catch Rory was (when she wasnít lying on the bathroom floor drunk crying over a situation she put herself in) and that maybe he preferred her (relationship) over the bimbo of the moment (one night stands).†
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 13, 2008, 10:50:13 pm »

I like the start of Vineyards and Valentines, when Rory's looking for her copy of Thuycidides. It's so homely and happy, there's no drama just happy banter (and Logan minus a shirt). She shows such self-discipline when she actually leaves to go to class  Wink
gilmoregirl102
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

Gilmore Girls Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 23, 2008, 12:55:11 pm »

My favorite Rory/Logan scene is when they are trying to get the paper out on time and Logan saves the day. It shows that he is meant to be in a newsroom! Grin
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1092 on: July 14, 2008, 07:16:20 pm »

they r great 4 each other and like evryone else likes rory and jess. rory and jess r more friends than lovers in my opinon!

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 14, 2008, 07:40:46 pm »

Laura's Discussion Starter: I think, along with the rest of you, there are way too many amazing Logan/Rory moments to begin to list. I'm watching episodes with the "early days" between them right now, where they're going through the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing or just casual dating. I know that it was hard for them to commit, but I think it was good for Logan to try. He even said that he liked it more than he thought he would. Once he decided to have her as his girlfriend, it seemed that their relationship opened up to a whole new level.

One of my favorite moments was when Logan takes Rory to the cafeteria to get ice cream. That whole scene was great! I also like the Rocket gift scene, even though he wasn't actually there with her. You could tell his thoughtfulness. Whenever he would do something that showed thoughtfulness towards Rory, made me happy. He was one that had always been the one to get, she taught him to give and to be thankful for what he gets.

Of course, the moments like the Life & Death Brigade event when Rory is swept away masked, into the night, only to have one of the most memorable nights of her life. The Valentine's Day at Martha's Vineyard, though didn't end as they probably wanted, was a nice weekend getaway. And of course, the evening that Logan comes to the Daily News office to help Rory get the paper out on time, when they were supposed to have had a date. (Though I have to wonder how much of that save was for his own benefit, to be the hero in a situation. I'm not going there for now)

And one of my favorite moments, for all its emotion, is the moment that Rory is woken up by Logan on his way out the door to London, after their big party the night before, which was a huge success, the way they look into each others eyes and say good-bye. A beautiful moment that shows the power and strength in their relationship.

And to follow off of Laura's DS...I wonder what would have happened, had Rory accepted Logan's proposal? What went wrong there? Was he not understanding of what she wanted to do with her life? Was she not flexible enough? Should she had been more flexible with her desires in life, to include him? THOUGHTS??
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:42:44 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 16, 2008, 06:23:00 am »

And to follow off of Laura's DS...I wonder what would have happened, had Rory accepted Logan's proposal? What went wrong there? Was he not understanding of what she wanted to do with her life? Was she not flexible enough? Should she had been more flexible with her desires in life, to include him? THOUGHTS??

If Rory had accepted his proposal, she would have moved to California. She would have worked in a newspaper and they would have had a nice life and she would have wondered her whole life what could have happened if she followed her dreams.

I think Logan was ready to take the next step of his life. He just released himself from his father's control and what he wanted to do the most is to settle down with the one he loves. Rory however wanted something different, she worked her whole life towards something and wasn't willing to let go of that dream. She said herself, she wanted the doors to be open, to have options in life. She tried to meet him in the middle and continue dating but let's face it, if he said yes, it would be the season 5 Rory/Dean thing all over again!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:24:59 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: