GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 18, 2021, 03:53:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What's most sad?
Luke and Lorelai never got married
Rory and Logan never got married
Lorelai got married to chris
Rory never got anyone got marriend to anyone
Gilmore Girls ended

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Mourning for The Loss of Our Gilmores  (Read 72865 times)
spazticbret88
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2007, 03:36:34 pm »

The producers cant do anything. Lauren and Alexis chose not to sign on. Im extremely heart broken. How could they do this??? But your right: remeber the good old days. Well alwasy have the re runs: ABC family, week nights.

iN OMNIA PARATUS!
       i cant believe   there gone it allmost makes me mad i love that show Grin

I know, I cried when I heard about the end and it felt personal.  I wanna do something special while watching tonights eposide, but I don't know what. 
gg4life07
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2007, 03:37:52 pm »

i seriously cried when i heard the news that gg is ending ever. this show has brought me soo much closer with my mom and i kno its sounds king of cheesy and pathetic, gg has also became part of my life. i hate to see it go it seems like the years have gone by soo quickly. i can remember when i first saw gg in 2001, the pilot episode, i was like wow this seems like a good show and now 7 years later i am say goodbye. i wish only the best to Lauren and Alexis in their careers.

*image made by Sharon aka skftex

~mom you've already given me everything i need~
zeddie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2007, 10:52:27 am »

this is my FAVORITE SONG and has been since the first time i heard it.  For me it sums up a lot. Such as Luke/Lorelai dynamic.  And i think of Logan actually. How he just - walked away. The song is NOT an exact match, no... but I think the tone of this song explains why he had to just walk away - no arguing, and no "gee, that's ok..."   This encapsulates that broken feeling....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH4odHVfF5E

you have to know this song, - if you young ones never heard it, check it out..... written in 1977 and timeless......
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 11:08:29 am by zeddie » Logged

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
Dendrin
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2007, 12:12:59 pm »

I just saw last episode Sad Very sad thats end. Sad
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2007, 01:37:18 pm »

I just saw the last episode, it's official Gilmore Girls is over!

Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry

I'm still finding it hard to believe but maybe by the time next Tuesday comes around I'll believe it.

I have not yet read every posting here. But i wanted to tribute Gilmore Girls just now... Hmmm..

Hearts Hearts Smitten Smitten Smitten Hearts Hearts
Thru my TV sets, TV TV
Two brunettes Smitten Smitten
Knocked on the door to my heart Hearts
From the start,
I found them pleasant company Coffee Coffee Coffee
They resonated with me Nod

We were fast friends Kiss
These Gilmore Girls and me Blow Kiss
Now it sadly ends Cry
The Tuesday spree
Of fun and feeling free Cheesy
Again to live as Rory Kiss Hearts
Or Lorelai Kiss Hearts

The families were deep Drink
Kept me from my sleep Sleepy
To feel the many stages Wall Whisper High Five Fight Coffee Bam Hearts Pow : Hearts : Two Cents : Two Cents CD Gift USA World Smitten Censor Santa Smash Sick Cloud Hearts Hearts
Gone thru - thru all the pages Sad

The others in the town
Gave laughs and smiles Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
When I was down Undecided
Over the miles Snow Rain Cloud
I traveled alone Sleepy
But not alone Wink World

Oh let me find a Hollow
Where Stars shine bright Star Star Star Star Star Star Star
Tomorrow Star Star Star
For today must be a dream Lightning
Tugging at the seam
Of my heart Cry
 Hearts Hearts Hearts

God Bless Us All
And Stars Hollow
And Our Gilmore Girls - Forever. Amen.

IN OMNIA PARATUS

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That has made me more sad about the end of GG but that was an amazing poem and a great tribute to the wonder that is Gilmore Girls!!

DON'T GIVE UP KEEP SUPPORTING THE GREAT8MANDATE!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
ksusarah
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2007, 02:08:46 pm »

This is my first time posting on here, but I've been a GG fan from the start.  I know that it is "just" a TV show, but for a woman that has a difficult relationship with her mom, and now also has a new baby girl, it really hits home for me.

I cried through the entire show.  Was it my favorite show?  No, but knowing that it would be the last Tuesday night that I would hurry home to see a new GG, that it would be the last time to see a new story about the folks in Stars Hollow, the last FND....well, like I said, i was in tears the entire time.  It was the one show that I never missed (or next to never!)  I know that I will collect all 7 seasons on DVD eventually, and watch the episodes on ABC family with a mixture of joy and sorrow. 

This show, albeit fiction, gives me hope that my daughter and I will enjoy one another, make it through the rough times as she grows up, and learn so much from one another. 

Last, but not least--I will miss the clothes! Wink

Thank you Gilmore Girls for 7 wonderful years! 
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2007, 05:03:42 pm »

Imy - thank you for the compliment on my poem. It looks pretty in purple  Smiley

I know sometimes i blab alot, using declarative statements (writers are taught to do that, and let people disagree if they want) but i must say, i have tried to acknowledge that there are other people who watch Gilmore Girls who have lives that more closely mimic the show. I see this here again now, above me, and this is always so touching to know that people are moved by Gilmore Girls. That is a real honest tribute. Thank you.  Smiley

IN OMNIA PARATUS
Kristina
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

special..like stop eating the paste special..?

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2007, 05:51:27 pm »

hello Gilmore Fans....
i know that we are all upset about the best show ending.  Cry..but we can also look at the bright side...
now we can see lauren and Alexis in more films hopefully.
i just hope that maybe  Clover something will hit the CW upside the head and they will finally realize that
they made a BIG mistake...
or we could just fight for our right  Fight
i love Gilmore Girls!now this is my first post thing on this...so be patient with me if i dont get everything right...
but i have been in love with Gilmore Girls for 7 wonderful years...
thank you guys for such a perfect show...
feel free to write me or anything...
thanks guys! Cheesy

i need coffee...
Coffee
cheryl1
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2007, 07:19:35 pm »

I am heart broken as everyone else is.  This was such an awesome show.  It was like coming home every week!!!!!!!  I am so very very sad it's over.  It was too soon, we deserved another season.  I agree the Emily Lorelai relationship needed to heal.

The town Stars Hollow is based on the town Washington Depot CT.  Amy and her husband were there on vacation and decided to base the show on this cute small town where everyone knows everyone.  Someday I plan on visiting Washington Depot, I want to see the actual town that inspired Amy to write such an unforgettable show.  Luckly I only 2 hours away in Jersey.

Tuesday will never be the same................... Cry

zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2007, 07:52:33 am »

Hey - i am getting quite the hairbrain scheme brewing here.

I am ALSO a huge fan of visiting places that inspired my favorite movies and shows. I have been to the place where this one Redford film was shot (Milagro Beanfield War - i recommend this movie) and - well, i cannot remember other places right off. I have also been to the grave of James Dean (i am a Deaner) and his hometown.

Therefore, what IF we set some date in the future where we visited the town?  If enuf people could do it, i mean. It would be kind of freaky, but also pretty cool thing to do.  I am very edgy and adventurous in that way - always looking for some fun fix - climbing out onto things - like in the Grand Canyon. 

Thanks for the tip on the location - i forgot and now i don't have to search for it. Yes, i think maybe i will go there too. But i am far away.

I Love the Eastern Seaboard - always have. Just a great vibe there...  I have been to Boston about 10 times - and usually drove into Maine from there - for workshops at the Maine Workshops in Rockport Maine.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THAT PLACE? It is quirky and cool and has a vibe not out of line with GG type of area. Lots of pretty B&Bs. I always wanted to live there or have a vacation place there.......... me and my dreams.....

IN OMNIA PARATUS
Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2007, 08:25:09 am »

I like that, I mean this summer I'm totally road tripping up to Washington Depot with a friend or two. I'm so excited!

zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2007, 08:33:51 am »

Cool!

Yeah, i am feeling a strong pull to just do that - get some gas money....  that is quite a trek.  Years ago i was a chaperone for teenage girl scouts - and one of the drivers - we drove from Wisconsin to NYC - and points in between. Cleveland Ohio was our first stop. We went to Boston - some historic places i don't even remember - like Gettysburg maybe... It was a blast, but each night i had to police the little girls, who after setting up camp would go in search of boys - it was quite the Gilmore Girls type of adventure actually !   We had a nine passenger station wagon. I will not forget the first time i drove into the middle of NYC traffic with giggling teens blocking my view. I screamed at them a few times. Lanes changes were murder.  I was about 21 at the time.  My first road trip to NYC was at age nineteen - i helped a friend move out there. She is now a successful DP / Director.  That trip to NYC with the GS cost me - $25 - to cover insurance! Those were the days!

In NYC we got into some jams - one night, at midnight, in a bad neighborhood - approached by some gang members - how i talked my way out of that i do not know. God helped i think.  Nod

IN OMNIA PARATUS
Gilmoreluver
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

Lorelai "Hi....personal"

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2007, 08:46:31 am »

I am so sad too!!!!!! I was honered to be a 'fly on the wall' in the town of Stars Hollow for 7 yrs. It's like the show was so real & will go on, but we can no longer be that fly & watch!!! I also have wanted to go to Wash. Depot, CT for many yrs now!! (For some reason I may be disapointed though, since it prob will be NOTHING like our gg's!!! Has anyone ever been to tour the set in CA?Huh I want to do that too soon!!!!

zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2007, 09:00:04 am »

When i went to check out the set of Milagro Beanfield War (Truchas, New Mexico and other areas) it was of course not as dramatic. Due to how things are shot and so on, it looked more romantic in the film. However, i LOVED the trip - i went many cool places. Saw the messas. And i was so creative out there.  I also stayed at a working ranch - i recommend. You don't work - but it is in other words, a real ranch.  My room was cold..... So i slept on a couch in the common room - i had to, i was freezing. IN the middle of the night the proprietor came in to put more wood in the stove - then i had a nightmare that he was standing over me with an ax or whatever! hehehe  Grin

My mind... i don't know - i don't go to certain rooms in there often.  Cheesy Just kidding. i am perfectly sane.   I loved New Mexico - i would be driving and writing songs in my head - my creativity was unstoppable.....  I am very much an "environment" experiential person. I like to GO THERE. Some folks may think that is "going too far" but i do believe that often a place becomes a character in a story - it certainly was portrayed that way in Gilmore Girls - and also in the OC for example. I think the best shows really use the place as a major force in the feeling and events and story lines, while other shows - you can't even remember what city they are supposed to be in.

Perhaps Sex and the City is as good an example as any......  New York was the fifth main character.   I love that kind of thing. I am droning on... sorry.

But as for feeling disappointed, my philosophy has always done me well - Wherever you go, go with no expectations. Just let the place speak to you, and you will not be dissappointed most times.  You may not find the real Stars Hollow - but you wil find something equally amazing.

Who has been to WD or to the set, i would also like to know!

I have been playing Powerball. I have won $4, $7 and $3 - all in a row - ok, i am gonna concentrate on the full jackpot.  I have not done anything in a row like that before.  Maybe my luck is changing?  Smiley

ok, my thoughts - time to move the last part... into my private file.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 10:09:29 am by zeddie » Logged

IN OMNIA PARATUS
RoXy Girl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

IM A GILMOREGIRL FEAK!!!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2007, 10:19:13 am »

Im so sad i swear i cried through the whole last episode i cant believe this is happening and we arent getting closer im so sad and i dnt knw wat im gnna do with all the posters in my room ITS FULL of their posters Sad

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: