GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 23, 2022, 02:17:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What's most sad?
Luke and Lorelai never got married
Rory and Logan never got married
Lorelai got married to chris
Rory never got anyone got marriend to anyone
Gilmore Girls ended

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Mourning for The Loss of Our Gilmores  (Read 82771 times)
royalschick2910
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2007, 07:28:49 pm »

We must revolt
tuneintuneout
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2007, 07:44:12 pm »

After seeing the second to last episode and seeing the preview for next week's episode  I am sure the series finale will probably not be as good as I hoped the series will end.  I think there should be a vote for a Gilmore Girls movie made for television.  A nice two hour movie that would really tie up the things people really want to happen in the show.
royalschick2910
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2007, 07:45:59 pm »

idk Movies really sum it up and say its done for good...we still want hope it can make a comeback.

however if there is no hope for a reunion i'll go with the movie
tully
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2007, 05:13:40 am »

Nice post Lessa.  I am angry right now so can't really appreciate how great the show has been.  It has been my great escapse for 7 years and with no closure in sight I am just disgrunted.  With the last 2 seasons soo dicey and how the audience has not really been considered in any of the decisions, I am having a hard time with appreciation.  I am sure I will come around just not there yet Undecided
purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2007, 05:37:30 am »

OK, I will never be happy about this show ending. No series finale is going to be "good" for me!!! However, so many things normally happen when a finale occurs. There is a build up, old story lines conclude, usually former cast memebers come back for an episode or two to give closure to things.  When other shows end, you know, that the cast memebers must have been so emotional throughout, and what a party they must have had afterward, and that is on your mind as you watch the episode!!! We don't get that. The last episode we ever get to see of Gilmore Girls could have served as just a season finale.  As though we, as fans, don't deserve more.

I use to love Charmed, and what a great ending they had.  A look into the future, so we got to see what became of them all, it took maybe 10 minutes at the end of the episode, but it brough closure and made me feel good about it.  I had watched the first few seasons of Dawson's Creek, and although i stopped after a few seasons, I did watch the finale, and the entire episode took place 5 years in the future.....what a great idea, you didn't see the "as it happens" version of the closure, but you got to see what happened to them and how there lives turned out.

So, because Gilmore Girls has so many open ended story lines currently, you would think they would realize they can't wrap it all up with 1 episode, so perhaps they would take one of the two approaches i meantioned.  But instead, we get none of that, just an episode that, "could serve as a series or season fianle".  This is bull poopie!!!  If they can't give us another season, then get everyone an additional taping, and add an episode!!! do a "20 years in the future" episode where Rory's daughter Lori (short for lorelei) just found out she got into Chilton................How's that for full circle!!!
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2007, 11:47:59 am »

^that thing about Rory's daughter sounds cool!! It would be like a whole new generation of GG but I don't think that's the kind of thing that the GG producers would do it's not very Gilmore. it you know what i mean!

lessa you're soooooooo right!!! I think that many people just passed off GG as another one of those chick-flick tv shows. which is a shame because it's sooooooooo much more than that!! I agree about the AS-P seeing Stars Hollow as a real place. And I think that it's really cool that AS-P or Lauren Graham is involved in all tv you watch besides Sci-Fi!!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
GG_Rookie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2007, 11:49:20 am »

I've been coming to this board for about two months now and reading everyone's opinion about the show. It's weird to me to talk about it ending because I didn't start watching it until it was on ABC Family. Season's 6 & 7 just haven't felt right, which is another odd thing to say because I feel like I'm talking about people I know personally.

Before I go any further let me say that I am a male, a college graduate, and from the South (Basically, a semi-educated redneck). It seems odd to me that a tv show about the relationship between a mother and daughter would hold my attention but the show, at least the first five seasons, was so well written that I found myself laughing out loud at some points and trying not to bawl at others. The show draws you in with the dialogue and the banter of the main characters and their enviroment.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but sometimes you just fell like saying what everyone else already knows.

Anyway the reason I'm typing this is because I wanted to let other people who love the show my opinions on what has happened and for them to let me know their feelings as well.

First feeling is that the show ending SUCKS.  There comes a point where every show has to end and seven seasons is a long run for anybody. After a while stories are just hard to come by and none of us want to see a "Fonzie jumpiing sharks on a pair of water ski's" moment. However I feel cheated by the past two seasons because the scripts and storylines just didn't mesh with the characters we've come to know and love. Season six was tough to bear for the simple fact that the best part of the show is the banter between Lorelai and Rory. So basically we were given half of a season.

This season has been mildly entertaining but has not met the standards which have been set for the program. It's like watching an Olympic sprinter jog through the finals of an event. In my opinion there have been two good shows all year, the Haybale Maze and Lorelai? Lorelai? To me that makes 14 good episodes over the last two seasons. I feel cheated.

Do I wish the show to end? NO. I think there is one more season left. Rory in the real world, dealing with bills, trying to make it on her own without help from her mother or grandparents. Lorelai and Luke resolving whatever plans for them to be together. Logan attempting to reconcile with Rory. Richard & Emily dealing with the loss of Friday night dinners for good. Luke and April's relationship, a Kirk-Lulu wedding, Laine and Zach parental issues with Mrs Kim thrown in, and Taylor subjecting the town to something weird. There's at least a 13-episode season out of it.

Focus on the relationship between mother and daughter, focus on the luke/lorelai dynamic, focus on the town itself, focus on the grandparents. All these things have served you well in the past, why move away from those things. My high school coach used to tell us all the time, "Run it until they can prove they can stop you." The writers should have gone to the honeypot more often.

Another line of thought says that it is "better to burn out, than fade away." You don't want them to hang on too long to drain the life out of a great show by bringing in new people with the same setting. ER has won a lot of awards and is well-written from what I hear, but I haven't watched it in about eight years.

The thing that pops up in my head about the whole situation is the old showbiz adage about "Always leave them wanting more." If next tuesday is indeed the final episode then the writers, producers, actors and executives will do just that. 

P.S. I always wanted to see an episode where Taylor left Kirk in charge and Kirk would accidentally sell the town square and had to scramble to get it back.

I'm embarrassed to care about a tv show so much.
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2007, 12:53:25 pm »

Maybe GG will pull a 7th Heaven! that show was supposed to end last year too, but look what happened--it was renewed for another year!

Do you think the writers will actually use AS-P's final words that she has had planned since 2000, or will the screw it and just make up their own ending? the world may never know.

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
royalschick2910
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2007, 01:38:03 pm »

Maybe GG will pull a 7th Heaven! that show was supposed to end last year too, but look what happened--it was renewed for another year!

Do you think the writers will actually use AS-P's final words that she has had planned since 2000, or will the screw it and just make up their own ending? the world may never know.

lol i said that exact same thing yesturday
purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2007, 01:52:08 pm »

From this article i read, I gather that Roswell's fans forced a finale season, i know that Charmed was supposed to end the season before it did, and they, too wrote a "season/series" finale, which later turned out to be a season finale, and there was a show years ago about traveling to different deminsions using this remote control thing (can't remeber what it was called), i know that that show was resurrected by its fans after it was canceled in-mid-season.

Hang onto hope until the end!!!!

This is the link to the article i read:

http://tvdramas.about.com/od/gilmoregirls/a/fanssaveggirls.htm
RTJ
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -8

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2007, 02:24:31 pm »

tuesday nights have been big bowl of pasta dinners for me and my daughters as we watched the show, it was a fun ride.

it has been a great show.
we have memories, video tapes and dvd to watch it all over again and again.
be thankful.

its depressing to see all the crying, complaining,  and fuss, its making all the star trek nerds seem pretty normal in comparison. you dont own the show and the writers / performers owe us nothing.
i am thankful for the 7 seasons and glad to have seen it.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 02:46:13 pm by RTJ » Logged
guatemalagrl
Stars Hollow Tourist

u make me smile

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2007, 02:55:08 pm »

i dont like how they r ending gilmore girls. how we suppose to knoe if luke and lorelia get married. wat if logan and rory get back together. they r ending it really bad

Java Junkie--Headliner--Lane & Zack--Foodie--Spunkie--Paul Anka the dog Junkie!
purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2007, 08:37:00 pm »

tuesday nights have been big bowl of pasta dinners for me and my daughters as we watched the show, it was a fun ride.

it has been a great show.
we have memories, video tapes and dvd to watch it all over again and again.
be thankful.

its depressing to see all the crying, complaining,  and fuss, its making all the star trek nerds seem pretty normal in comparison. you dont own the show and the writers / performers owe us nothing.
i am thankful for the 7 seasons and glad to have seen it.

If loving this show, crying over it ending, caring about the characters and story lines, and being upset that we won't get real closure makes someone a nerd, the i am a nerd, and i'm proud of it!!!  And for that matter, the fact that you have a screen name and were driven to post a comment would make you one of us as well, wouldn't it???

By the way, "crying, complaining, and fuss" has saved several shows from ending in the past (as has been pointed out many times in this thread.

One more point, The cast and writers would not have had jobs (or at least not this job) for the past 7 years if not for us dedicated fans.  We do deserve a proper ending with well written and thought out closure to the open story lines that still exsist.  That is the least the cast and writers "owe"!!!
pacey180
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2007, 05:18:42 am »

I sent an email to the CW, basically mentioning all of us here and the Great 8 Mandate campaign, and how everyone here has held out hope for an eighth season. I asked them, even if the chance is a million to one, to reconsider their decision and to at least let the show go on for at least a shortened season. Next Tuesday night, my mom and I will have a party for the series finale. We'll order pizza, and we'll watch and celebrate. It is my sincerest hope that this show will come to an end in a manner that will satisfy everyone, if this is truly the end. The least they could have done would have been to have a two-hour finale like Dawson's Creek and not have it seem so rushed. Regardless of how it ends, we will always have our memories, on tape, dvd, and in our hearts.

Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2007, 06:08:44 am »

Based on an interview that I read with Lauren Graham, I'd have to say they don't know.  Cry

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: