GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 23, 2022, 02:06:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What's most sad?
Luke and Lorelai never got married
Rory and Logan never got married
Lorelai got married to chris
Rory never got anyone got marriend to anyone
Gilmore Girls ended

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mourning for The Loss of Our Gilmores  (Read 82769 times)
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2008, 04:22:20 pm »

Have you checked out Youtube?? They have some cool videos about the whole season with songs and everything. There is this one in particular(and you've mentioned this before) where in the beginning it starts off with music playing softly in the background while says to Lorelai "You've given me everything I need." Classic GG moment...uhhh...I miss them terribly! Sad

Ahhh, thanks for the tip Lorelailovr1043!  I am on youtube a lot but I haven't seen this particular video but am going to look for it now.  Nod

And thanks for your kind words as well - yes, I can see what you mean as Rory grew up how the tone of the show changed a bit as her relationships became as adult as Lorelai's.  Thanks for that perspective!  *prettystick back*

Lorelailovr1043
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 187

Lorelai & Paul Anka...pets can be comforting!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2008, 04:32:44 pm »

Thank You!
I'm not sure of the title, but I just remember maybe a guitar starting out and then they show Rory talking to Lorelai...It was emotional!

~Java Junkie~Headliner~Foodie~Part Literati

Thanks for making this for me Lucie!

I love to give pretty sticks for funny or random posts...or just something that I liked!
monsoon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2008, 10:59:15 am »

Hi All,
   I came to this thread because I just finished going through a "full sequential run" of all the seasons over the last 4 months - I saw the series finale yesterday again. (This is apart from watching fav episodes about a 100 times each already, with my kids - both boys - who love  this show).  I am now going through a second, much less painful mourning. In fact, I am almost ready to move on...

I agree with wmushell - on the second run, I found many episodes to be quite good - in the emotional sense. But I don't think it ever got quite as funny as the episodes from Season 1 - 4 (hard to beat writers like Daniel Palladino - who I think wrote some of the very best episodes). The writers really tried, but didn't succeed so much - like I don't think the L& L banter in "Riding a bike" was actually funny...it just tried to be like the old conversations, but couldn't... I mean compare it to, for instance, the Lorelai's first day at Yale... the L&L dialogues (the truck and the bed!) are a riot!...

... Of course, I love that L/L get back together - even if too brief - just so I can sleep again at night...

How true!  Grin   I did lose sleep at the end of Season 6...but as GGfanemma said earlier, I don't think the finale was satisfying enough. In fact, I think the reason a lot of GG fans are having trouble letting go and moving on is because there wasn't a real sense of closure. While I can see that the writers may be proud of that (leave'em wanting more!) - it was unfair to us!  Wink It's like my soul won't rest until I see a real and consummate reconciliation b/w L&L.

Anyway, the main reason I am writing in this thread is to force myself to accept closure.  In my case, my complete and total obsession started about an year ago (I live in India, saw it all just on DVDs), I hope it is coming to an end.

It's almost like I want to join a support group which helps getting over GG?  Wink Anybody know such a thread? But then I figure, if you are truly over GG, you wouldn't be here.

Also, did anyone watch on the season 7 dvd the extra with Keiko Agena?  It was such a cool little look into how they make the show and how the actors spend their days.  I enjoyed it!

Yes, I did. It really was interesting - I didn't realize they spend so much of their time in trailers. I thought that was only for location shooting. But again, it was disappointing not to see Lauren and Alexis...would have been fun.

Anyway, if you do visit the forum, but still consider yourself not addicted/obsessed anymore, tell me how you did it, please! (As a start, I did pack away all my DVDs, out of sight... hope that will help)

aprilgilmore1794
Stars Hollow Tourist

Beastly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2008, 08:32:56 pm »

I was devistated when i found out that no more seasons would be made.  I was like, Cry"OMG!  They're not serious".

ApRiL gIlMoRe
lauragirlmore1
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2008, 05:19:58 am »

I am a gilmore girls addict. As obviously, we all are on here. But seriously, gilmore girls is practically the only thing watched in our house, we have every single box set and anticipate the wait of every new season. As I live in Aus, we are a lot further behind the U.S. So for around 18 months we have been waiting and waiting for the release of the 7th season, anticipating all the new funny, amazing storylines that we could spend hours just diving into. I am the first to admit that every single season of the gilmore girls has been amazing, hilarious and worth every minute spent watching, but I was so disapointed in the 7th season, it was the worst by far.

- We all knew Loreali and Christopher had unfinished business - but marriage? so quickly? everything was so rushed, which was the point. But Loreali was meant to be with Luke, we never see if they worked things out... You can't just give an audience 6 seasons in the making of a couple and then leave it all hanging up in the air like that. It wasn't even realistic or anything. what happened to the family life with rory and gg. how did everyone feel? why is loreali getting over everything so quickly? yes she needed to get over luke, but like this? it's not even a storyline.. it's basically nothing.

- Rory and Logan.. Cute. perfect for eachother infact. so why does she say no to marriage? yes to do her own thing but she still could of and she could of been married instead of following in what will be suspected as loreali's footstops - one failed relationship after another. And we never find out what happens to Logan or between them? Or to Paris? and even if they didn't marry - they could of stayed together and logan could of followed rory - she has been following him for three years for his wants and future.

- the last episode. it was nice it finished up with them at lukes. but loreali and rory could of said more to eachother, maybe reminised a bit more... it's so frustrating because it could of ended answering more questions in a happier way instead of just all out in the open and up in the air.

I understand it probably was written that way so another series could follow or the possibility of a movie - but it has been said that the actors wanted out and this was the finale for good. And it is really frustrating to never know what has happened, sometimes that is good but in this senario, i don't think it works. we never find out whether loreali and her mother make peace, whether loreali ever finds true happiness, whether rory becomes this amazing journalist... we don't know anything at all.

that is my rant over. i know lots of you agree with me, i've read your rants. i'm going back to watch season three. jess was my love.

gilmore girls forever.
ubergilmorefan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2008, 01:38:45 pm »

I know this is an old thread but I have to put my 2 cents in. When I first saw The Gilmore Girls previews for the first season, I thought they were 2 sisters instead of mother and daughter. I thought the show was lame and didn't give it a chance. Then one day I happened to stumble across it on TV and it got my attention right away. I found myself actually enjoying the show! From that moment on I was hooked!

I guess the show really appealed to me because I did not have a good relationship with my own mother growing up. My mother had me at a young age as well and we are only 17 years apart. It was such a feel good show that it made me happy to see mother's and daughter's could have such a great relationship as they did.

I think it is a catastrophe that the show is and has been done a long time. 7 seasons were not enough! It was probably the wittiest, best show on television to date. I loved how there were no laugh tracks in the background and the set was a normal town with quirky people. I hope they come out with a movie or something along those lines for all of us die hard fans someday. The Gilmore Girls are gone but not forgotten...  Sad
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2008, 01:38:38 pm »

I hate it that the show is over. I did not start to watch it or know about it until season 5 was on tv, but I have really become attached and I hate to see it end. I just can't wait for a movie maybe that would cheer me up a little.

gg crazy
Diner Chef

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2008, 05:20:51 pm »

OMG!!! MY LIFE IS GG!!! THEY LEAVE U HANGING IN THE LAST EPISODE!!!! I WANT AN 8TH SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cry

gilmore for life
« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2008, 02:00:48 pm »

hey whats up im candy
gilmore for life
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2008, 03:18:29 pm »

I am a gilmore girls addict. As obviously, we all are on here. But seriously, gilmore girls is practically the only thing watched in our house, we have every single box set and anticipate the wait of every new season. As I live in Aus, we are a lot further behind the U.S. So for around 18 months we have been waiting and waiting for the release of the 7th season, anticipating all the new funny, amazing storylines that we could spend hours just diving into. I am the first to admit that every single season of the gilmore girls has been amazing, hilarious and worth every minute spent watching, but I was so disapointed in the 7th season, it was the worst by far.

- We all knew Loreali and Christopher had unfinished business - but marriage? so quickly? everything was so rushed, which was the point. But Loreali was meant to be with Luke, we never see if they worked things out... You can't just give an audience 6 seasons in the making of a couple and then leave it all hanging up in the air like that. It wasn't even realistic or anything. what happened to the family life with rory and gg. how did everyone feel? why is loreali getting over everything so quickly? yes she needed to get over luke, but like this? it's not even a storyline.. it's basically nothing.

- Rory and Logan.. Cute. perfect for eachother infact. so why does she say no to marriage? yes to do her own thing but she still could of and she could of been married instead of following in what will be suspected as loreali's footstops - one failed relationship after another. And we never find out what happens to Logan or between them? Or to Paris? and even if they didn't marry - they could of stayed together and logan could of followed rory - she has been following him for three years for his wants and future.

- the last episode. it was nice it finished up with them at lukes. but loreali and rory could of said more to eachother, maybe reminised a bit more... it's so frustrating because it could of ended answering more questions in a happier way instead of just all out in the open and up in the air.

I understand it probably was written that way so another series could follow or the possibility of a movie - but it has been said that the actors wanted out and this was the finale for good. And it is really frustrating to never know what has happened, sometimes that is good but in this senario, i don't think it works. we never find out whether loreali and her mother make peace, whether loreali ever finds true happiness, whether rory becomes this amazing journalist... we don't know anything at all.

that is my rant over. i know lots of you agree with me, i've read your rants. i'm going back to watch season three. jess was my love.

gilmore girls forever.

i so agree with you and i amso mad that rory said no
CP
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2008, 09:20:55 am »

PEOPLE PLEASE GO TO http://savethelorelais.org/.. LETS JOIN FORCES AND TRY TO GET OUR GIRLS BACK ON..NOTHING SEEMS THE SAME ANYMORE WITHOUT THE GIRLS DOES IT..
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2008, 12:45:16 pm »

Monsoon and lauragilmore1 - You really said everything that I feel about Gilmore Girls.  I really do miss seeing new shows.  As I read through these threads and read about everyone in other countries who are actually seeing "new" shows, I really wish I lived where they do because they are seeing these show for the first time, they are new to them.  Instead, I am watching the same shows over and over.  I don't think that I will ever be able to pack away my DVDs.  I have each individual season in the living room and the complete box set in the den and I watch atleast two episodes every night after everyone else goes to bed and every now and then my daughter and I will  each pick two or three of our favorite episodes and have a GG marathon day.  At this point in time, I don't think that I will ever get tired of Gilmore Girls or want to stop watching the show.  I really do wish that there was a better attempt at closesure for the show.  If I could have a wish come true (atleast TV wise) I would really wish for more new episodes or atleast something that would give us a true end to the show.

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
nld101307
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

I'm never late, I'm just a perfectionist!!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2008, 12:20:01 pm »

So I've been signing all sorts of petitions online that are for bringing the show back for a season 8 (and/or movie) but I don't know much more about it than that. Does anyone know anything about them? If they have been sent? There are people from all over the world demanding a return of the girls but I don't know how much help its doing. The website for "savethelorelais.org" hasn't been updated in a while (since February) and I feel like there should be more that we can do to make sure that we get some sort of ending. I just...want to do something to help I guess.

~SUPER HUGE thanks to Amber for this beautiful sig!!~
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  

Jump to: