GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 20, 2022, 02:42:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 508
  Print  
Author Topic: Java Junkies (Lorelai and Luke) - We all love the chick beer!  (Read 1710359 times)
murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5610 on: May 07, 2007, 06:42:01 pm »

I don't think they didn't hold hand cause they were fighting. Come on, she's not that big a diva to refuse to show affection towards Scott. If the script called for it, she would do it

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: May 08, 2007, 04:07:10 am »

I think part of the problem may very well be that Lauren's a bit of a diva. I honestly believe (judging from what we outsiders can pick up) that she's the main reason we got robbed of a nice L/L ending. She's expressed it black on white that she has a problem with those two getting married, supposedly because the show is all about the mother-daughter thing. Well, first of all, ASP set us up for L + L from the very first episode, they've given us A, B, C, ... then were/are too lazy or cowardly to take it all the way to Z. As for this wedding getting in the way of Rory-Lorelai-Emily, had they gone through with it in season 6, they would have taken a lot/most of the stress off of that subject, leaving more room to elaborate on the mother-daughter relationships. And I really don't see any reason why two characters (out of a whole cast) getting married would have to drag down the essential quality of the show (the motor-mouth bantering and cultural references, the quirkiness). I've always seen growing up as another major thread in the series, both on Lorelais and Rory's side, and hanging on to a Lorelai that keeps fluttering from man to man, and cannot seem to decide on who she is/wants to be with, doesn't show very much evolution. It's just a sad operation zero that keeps me wondering why I've been rooting for this character all along. After working closely with him for seven years, Lauren may very well have her reasons for not liking Scott, and David Sutcliffe is more of a friend to her. If she's that great an actress (she's given us some terrific stuff, I agree), she should be able to get over those personal preferences and work in the interest of the story. I feel she may have been pulling a lot of strings to give David/Christopher a bigger role and diminish Luke's. Maybe she was even beginning to feel that Scott was starting to steal a little too much of her thunder, maybe she didn't quite like to see him getting more important to the story, hence earning more money (hey, life's ugly, that's why we need to see a fairy-tale romance on tv every once in awhile!). I just hope all this isn't true, but it's a fact that through her pull with the writers, and because of her beating about the bush about coming back yes or no (she's expressed doubts about wanting to come back from as early as February) the story has focussed on Christopher + Lorelai for far too long, and now 90 % of her fans have been robbed of the happy ending they've been begging to see all along. So sad ... 
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: May 08, 2007, 04:24:12 am »

I agree with everything you just said. Lauren was the one that pushed for the Lorelai/Christopher thing. And as for her not liking the wedding idea, um HELLO! She married Christopher, I didn't see her having any complaints about that! I LOVE Lauren but sometimes I can't help but think that she can be a diva. And she does need to work on putting aside her personal problems with Scott and focus on the show.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
natasha
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 67

View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: May 08, 2007, 05:49:59 am »

o man... that hole thing sucks.... Angry

Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: May 08, 2007, 06:15:27 am »

My brother has been surprisingly good about not doing a hahaha dance, he's even agreed to wear a black t-shirt next tuesday...

The final episode... It's the end of an era. I mean, Gg has influenced me so so much. The first story I ever wrote was a Gg fan fic, and that's how I learned I was a really good author...

I'll never be the same with out my weekly dose of JavaJunkie... I'll miss the chick beer...

Plus, I'm all weepy today because I know that it's almost the end...

mhmm
Town Resident

Community Points: 32

View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: May 08, 2007, 01:07:45 pm »

Mak, I'm not going to quote your whole post, but there are some things I would disagree with.  Now, I don't know if Lauren is a Diva or not.  I would tend to think not, but I really don't know what goes on behind the scenes and from what comes across on screen I would not have known that Lauren and Scott didn't get along if I hadn't read it on this board.  ASP has said that with Luke and Lorelai they didn't need to express how they felt about each other with PDA's or saying "I love you" all the time, they just knew it was right.  Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see that, but I really don't think it had anything to do with how the actors felt about each other personally.  And the fact that Lorelai and Christopher were so affectionate and why Lorelai said I love you all the time, I took as her trying to convince herself that she really meant what she was saying and being with Christopher was the right thing and not a mistake...but that's just me.

I have heard LG say she wanted the explore the Lorelai/Chris relationship further and I completely agree with her.  That was the main reason Lorelai went from man to man and didn't settle down because she always had that "what if" feeling about Christopher.  So, I was glad that they had their "chance" in this season, I just wish that they didn't take as long as they did with it since this is the final season.  I haven't heard her say that she never wanted Luke and Lorelai to get married, just that she didn't want the show to end that way and again, I agree with her.  It just seems too cheesy to end a show, that isn't very cheesy that way.  If they had gotten married last season I would have been thrilled.  They would have a whole season to deal with a new dynamic which would have been interesting to watch, but to go out with a marriage doesn't seem to fit with what this show was based on, the mother/daughter relationship...I know, you're probable sick of hearing that, but that is what his show was/is about. 

And I really don't see LG being so callous that she would sabotage Scott like that just because maybe she thought he was stealing her lime light (which I don't think is the case at all).  Yes, she does have pull with the writers, but ultimately David Rosenthal was the one that had the final say and I don't see that she had so much pull that she got everything she wanted.  I believe in other interviews David Rosenthal had some what expressed that he was a Luke/Lorelai fan, so I can't believe that he would let LG push him to do a storyline that he didn't want to do..but again, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, so I could be wrong.  Normally I wouldn't say that the Lorelai/Chris storyline went on too long if there was going to be another season, but I'll agree with you on this one, it did since it is the final season...the majority of the fans got the short end of the stick this season...

khadijahnm
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: May 08, 2007, 01:09:13 pm »

I think that we have to be careful not to read too much into the relationships of DS, LG, and SP. I thiink all these people are professionals and don't let personal feelings get in the way of their acting roles. I mean we all can say that we prefer one person (whether it is a co-worker or someone else)over another but that doesn't automatically mean that everyone concerned cannot work together successfully.

I just got finished watching two episodes from the second season and I have to admit it is making me sad. No more Stars Hollow, no more quirky townsfolk, etc.

I love how the chemistry between Luke and Lorelai has always been there. I just think that it has matured, if that makes any sense. I hope that they leave us with a definite sense that these two are on their way back together. Friends is not an option in my humble opinion.

I gotta go now. I cannot wait for tonight's episode.

I will make sure to have the kleenex ready as the 15th approaches.

Long Live our Java Junkie dreams!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if its only in our minds.

ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5617 on: May 08, 2007, 03:33:49 pm »

There is a difference between not getting along with a co-worker and totally being a diva.  And you have to admitt, most actresses are divas, however, I don't see LG purposely doing anything to "get" Scott or anything like that.  Even when you don't like someone you work with you have to live.  I mean, yes, their job descriptions are slightly different, well, hello, they are actors, but I think the whole LG/SP feud has been blown out of proportions.  So what if they don't get along all the time...it doesn't mean they aren't friends, even a little.  They've worked together for 7 years...there has to be some kind of respect/friendship there.

Okay, enough with that rant for tonight.  I can't wait for the new episode...

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: May 08, 2007, 04:11:14 pm »

I don't think Lauren would ever act as though she were a "diva" of any kind...she's so down to earth and seems to enjoy her sense of humor, and she should! She's a hard working, dedicated actor who has a lot to give! I think she appreciates the fans and support! I don't see her as having too big a head - sure, being famous will change a person...no doubt, but I think she's got a pretty good head on her shoulders.

As for her and Scott, I'm sure they are both mature enough to put their differences aside, should they have some that came about, and work things out for the better of the show! They know that the GG world wants to see them and that their fans adore them together! And Lauren did say that the times working with Scott were good, some of the best she's had. I don't think they'd ever become super close but that's alright! It's work for them! They sell their relationship enough to make me believe in it, so they're doing well, in my humble opinion!

As for tonight's episode, I can't wait to see what happens when Christopher shows up - haven't seen him in awhile! And while I won't lie, I've been enjoying the time without him...he's played a huge part in the Gilmore Girl's lives and I think that he deserves some closure too. I just wonder what will become of the whole him showing up - hopefully nothing too terrible. What I'm even more interested in, is what Luke has to say about Lorelai's singing sensation the other night! Smiley They are just such a cute couple when they are together...I love seeing them side by side!

I'm so anxious for next week's episode, I need to calm down enough to enjoy tonight's episode! I hope that the tears don't start flowing tonight! We must linger in this joy that we call Gilmore Girls and be happy to be watching a new episode, something we don't know about and haven't seen, something fresh and new! I'm so ready....SO ready!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: May 08, 2007, 04:18:01 pm »

First of all, I would like to defend Lauren against the whole her vs. Scott situation and anything else that concerns them. I know she preferrs David herself because he's more of her type of guy and the thing she's concerned about a L/L wedding is that it would shift the focus of the show just to them.

As for never displaying affection towards Scott's character because of this is completely silly. Lauren did reach out of boundries and would improv some pyshical movements. Like; "Double Date" where she lightly touched Scott's hand on the counter, in "Dead Uncle and Vegatables" when she hooked her arms into Scott's, and even in "Written In the Stars" in the bed scene I seriously doubt there was a director there shouting: "Kiss his chest!". Come on, she added little things throughout the series there she didn't have to and most of it went unnoticed.

As for the whole not holding hands thing... that is reasonable because Luke isn't the hand-holding type of guy HOWEVER, instead of holding hands or cuddling, he and Lorelai kiss. That is their greeting and exit way of displaying their affection for each other. Plus, there was a time that sticks in my head again in "Written In the Stars" where when Lorelai and Luke head to the Town Meeting but Emily calls and interrupts, Luke tugs at Lorelai's coat because he wouldn't go inside without her. I think that was cute. You can't forget the times when Lorelai was crying like; "The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais", "21 is the Loneliest Number" and "Let Those Balinkas Ring Out," where he was holding her lovingly. Yes, the Valentines Day episodes isn't my favorite either but it was meant to reflect how the two of them were falling out of place with each other. So if there was much more hand holding/kissing it wouldn't have left that kind of impression.

I've had feelings lately wandering if ASP herself didn't ever intend to show Lorelai and Luke marry. She had many hints and "wink, winks" but maybe it was to get it in our heads they WOULD get married but we won't see it. For some reason it really makes more sense in the teaser of "Hazy Crazy Summer" where Lorelai has that dream about her and Luke. I seem to recall ASP stating she threw that in for the JJs because she thought it would be fun to tease the audience. Even with Season 6, she purposely broke them up intending to do that all along. If the show had ended at Season 5 maybe Luke would've asked Lorelai to marry him instead vise versa but we still wouldn't have seen a wedding. Same thing with Lorelai being pregnant. It's really depressing to think of it like this but it makes more sense than blaming Lauren for things which isn't her fault.

Weddings are the hardest scenes for actors to do because SO much effort has to go into it and time. Which unfortanetly with all the dialogs Lauren has in the first place, she would have to; memorize more lines, wear a big, puffy dress which is REALLY steaming hot wearing, memorize the proceedures of a wedding, and retaking would suck. PLUS she wouldn't be the only one there shooting, knowing Lorelai the entire town would be there and THEY would have to get things down perfectly too.

Personally I think that IF there was a wedding it should've taken place a little after the middle of this season or towards the begining of the next one (however that one is looking REALLY dim right now). I just hope with the last episode at least we could walk away from the show knowing that Lorelai and Luke won't let anything separate themselves from each other ever again. That they will always be together at least as friends but hopefully as more because the kind of love they have for each other can never completely go away. Then there will be hope they will be able to take that BIG step into marriage. To spend the rest of their lives together in that wacky town called Stars Hollow.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
ggrox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 226

All we can do is keep breathing....

View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: May 08, 2007, 06:02:42 pm »

omfg they did NOT just show the kiss in the promo!!!!!

Thanx so much Elise Gilmore!^
Lorelai, this thing we're doing here - me, you  I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5621 on: May 08, 2007, 06:14:06 pm »

yes they did I had to turn away.... i cannot believe there is one more episode left!  There isn't enough time to make it right between them..I am in tears over this.   But I guess I will take a kiss over nothing. 

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: May 08, 2007, 06:26:25 pm »

I can't believe they showed them kiss I wanted to be surprised but oh well it does look like a good one though. I am so sad this has been such a bad day I can't believe there is only one episode left ever it makes me cry and today my lovely friends told me they think a great series finale would be when they all get bombed and die. I was so smad at them but whatever. I really wish Luke give her that necklace that would have been so sweet.
trish5713
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 116

View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: May 08, 2007, 06:51:47 pm »

i'm such a sap.  i started tearing up watching the promo for next week.  i'll probably be openly sobbing next week.  oh jeez.
the kiss looks soooo sweet!  yeah i wish they hadn't shown it though.  i just hope it's not the last scene.  it needs to be in like the first minute.  they need to give us one more awsome JJ hour! 
as for lauren being a diva, i like to think that she's not but who really knows?  i don't know if you guys read the interview michael assiello did with her but it's really good and i kind of understand her views on the christopher thing.  i don't agree with her of course but the sexual/romantic tension between luke and lorelai has been one of the best things on the show.  once they got together in season 5 they should've stayed together but up untill then it was fun to guess if the next episode would be the one where they finally got together.

sig by me!  need one?  just send me a pm Cheesy
urbanmonkey
« Reply #5624 on: May 08, 2007, 07:12:04 pm »

WOW!  Oh my gosh!  THEY'RE BACK!  Not that I didn't know it was going to happen, but YAY!  Oh!  I'm so excited for next week!  It's going to be an amazing finale.  I have a feeling.  I loved the conversation between the 2 that was supposedly about Rory, but you could tell it wasn't.  It was so sweet.  Fan fiction is going to satisfy our 8th season wishes...not to the degree we wish, but I think it will help!  I knew they never stopped loving each other!  YAY!  Danielle's bouncing off the walls she's sooo excited!!!
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 508
  Print  

Jump to: