Java Junkies (Lorelai and Luke) - We all love the chick beer!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 07:05:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 122525 Members
Latest Member: ndiamsyrrz

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Relationship Threads
| | | |-+  Java Junkies (Lorelai and Luke) - We all love the chick beer!
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 Print
Author Topic: Java Junkies (Lorelai and Luke) - We all love the chick beer!  (Read 479945 times)
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7575 on: November 09, 2008, 09:56:18 am »

HaHa, thats a GREAT way of thinking about it, man I really miss them and the show.  Cry

lozman
Inn Manager

Community Points: 198

laura, yep thats me

View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: December 08, 2008, 12:42:08 pm »

Just popping in to re-introduce myself and say ey up lovely people! Has been a while...well Luke and Lorelai eh?

My main problem, was that in s7 we didn't get enough action as it were, aside from that last episode, it was a shame that the last ever episode was all about the animosity between the 2 characters that had been through so much, and so many had wanted to be together! It is a shame that we never really got that final season of 'loveliness' for want of a better word. Of course, if we wanted to look back at that, we do have s5 where the balance I think was perfect, and is also in my opinion the best of all seasons, mostly because of the LL 'loveliness!'

L xxx

JavaJunkie...Lieterati...Noddie...Flyswatter
F.A.I.T.H 
sig by monicakeller!
no season 8 makes me SMAD
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: December 10, 2008, 04:40:53 am »

Just popping in to re-introduce myself and say ey up lovely people! Has been a while...well Luke and Lorelai eh?

My main problem, was that in s7 we didn't get enough action as it were, aside from that last episode, it was a shame that the last ever episode was all about the animosity between the 2 characters that had been through so much, and so many had wanted to be together! It is a shame that we never really got that final season of 'loveliness' for want of a better word. Of course, if we wanted to look back at that, we do have s5 where the balance I think was perfect, and is also in my opinion the best of all seasons, mostly because of the LL 'loveliness!'

L xxx

Hi, lozman. I remember when you used to post around here a year ago. Welcome back!

I just wanted to say that i agree with most of what you said. It was a shame that the show ended with things weird between Lorelai and Luke. I know the point from the last scene was to reassure us that things returned to normal between them but that was such a poor ending for their relationship. They were supposed to be more than that (and this talk is coming from a Balcony Buddies fan for God's sake!!). Their relationship didn't move forward from the fifth season. They just stayed where they were and even fell backwards after that.

I love the fifth season a lot. One of my faves. I love the Lorelai/Luke relationship in some of that season especially their first date but even then they weren't all that perfect and i am talking about after the wedding bell blues. I just hate that first break-up.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 04:42:41 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: December 10, 2008, 04:56:57 pm »

I agree that they did't get L/L back together soon enough in the seventh season.  They put them together in season five after teasing for five years and it seemed like the writer didn't know how to evolve the relationship.  Since the L/L relationship was a big story arc, they needed to break them up and create some drama to keep the show going. 

The last part of the finale was too thin for me.  They are back togethter and can leave it to our imaginations to assume they eventually married.  It would have been nice to see that on the show.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7579 on: December 11, 2008, 12:54:01 pm »

Well, in the most recent episode of Virtual Gilmore Girls.

They're now dealing with some new changes.  April is set to live in Connecticut full-time now that her grandmother had passed away.  Anna is going to remain in New Mexico to take care of things, the house is a over-crowded due to a project Lorelai volunteered for Taylor.  Plus, Lorelai is a few months pregnant and is dealing with Rory feeling left out of all that's going on.

It's the last episode for the year but it definitely brought up new issues.  One, with a new baby coming and April living with them.  Luke and Lorelai are wondering what to do.  Should they move to a new house or re-model the Crap Shack again? 

I'm dying to see what happens next since the Luke-Lorelai marriage is going well but now, they have to face some new changes.  Even as Rory is now living in an apartment in West Hartford working as a freelance journalist. 
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: December 19, 2008, 08:30:00 pm »

L xxx
G'day!! I remember you...how are ya? Glad that you're back!! Hope all is well!

I agree with those saying that they didn't get Luke and Lorelai back soon enough in season seven. I wish that they had more time together. And I wonder what the reasoning for not getting them back together sooner was? I'm sure it had to have been a very conscious decision made by the writing team. It's too bad that they couldn't have gotten together sooner in the series too...

Glad to see that this thread has had some recent activity! That makes me happy!

Anyone up for writing a round-robin type Luke/Lorelai fan-fic by chance? I offered the suggestion awhile ago but thought I'd offer again...no pressure! Just a thought...a new activity that we could do in this thread. A way to stay in touch with our favorite couple and be creative?! Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1248

P!nk concert; a night to remember.

View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: December 21, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »

Just a remind to all our members.... voting still hasn't closed for the 3rd Annual Nominations

Please visit the Nominations Page & make sure you send your nominations to Mary (dancer1012)

NOMINATIONS CLOSE ON 28TH DECEMBER (NEXT SUNDAY) at 8PM PACIFIC TIME.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Zachery Walker born 12.10.10
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: December 23, 2008, 12:24:19 pm »

I, too, agree that they didn't get Lorelai and Luke back together soon enough.  If there had been a season 8, the way the show ended would have been fine, but I really would have loved to see the two of them atleast get engaged again.  A wedding would have been great, too, but I know that Lauren Graham was against there actually being a wedding.  Why I don't know.  I really don't see why they had to get Lorelai and Christopher together and married.  Maybe just for her to finally realilize that the whole Chris thing, being with her child's father, wasn't what or who she needed.  I could have done without the whole Chris thing, although I did like the episode 'S-Wonderful 'S-Marvolous was really good.  I wish that they could have just worked on getting Lorelai and Luke back together.  I did like season seven and thought that the last episode worked well as a series finale, but I do wish that we were able to have more of Lorelai and Luke together before it ended.  Just my thoughts.

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
natasha
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 67

View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: December 26, 2008, 03:20:36 pm »

hi guys! qhats up? happy holidays! Wink

HermioneGirl101
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

Oh, Luke... How I love thee...

View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: January 06, 2009, 01:15:10 pm »

Luke and Lorelai? Best. Relationship. Ever. Seriously, I love them together. It's almost surreal how good they are for each other. I was mad when I watched the first season (through reruns) and they weren't together. I was like, "What? THEY aren't dating? They're so perfect!". And my love for them was born.  Grin

Ding! You're a fairy!
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: January 16, 2009, 02:19:08 pm »

Hey Natasha! Missed ya girl!  and welcome HermioneGirl101  Cheesy I totally agree with ya chic.

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

HermioneGirl101
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: January 26, 2009, 08:19:10 pm »

And I got a bunch of the seasons on DVD for Christmas (heh heh... i screamed a lot) and today I was watching The Lorelai's First Day At Chilton (again... It's such a great episode Nod and I was watching the scene where Lorelai asks Rory 'what she thinks of Luke and every time I see that I start to dance  Dance and hope that my mind will alter their actions and she will run into the diner and they will kiss passionately  Kiss . So, there you have it.

Ding! You're a fairy!
tennischic
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: January 27, 2009, 06:27:29 pm »

Haha I believe we think alike darling. Some much forshadowing in the early episodes!  Smitten

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

HermioneGirl101
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: January 30, 2009, 04:07:51 am »

If i owned the show, it would bascially just be fluff between them. Lots of romantic, mushy talk. Lots of making out! Love

Ding! You're a fairy!
tennischic
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: February 10, 2009, 07:28:09 pm »

Haha I like how you think chic!  Cheesy The show definetly could have had more making out.

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: