GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 23, 2022, 11:52:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 508
  Print  
Author Topic: Java Junkies (Lorelai and Luke) - We all love the chick beer!  (Read 1712912 times)
blondebelle88
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

Dont matter what time it is..i'll always be around

View Profile
« Reply #5565 on: May 05, 2007, 12:14:02 pm »

i think to end the season without these two together will be a waste! if you watch all the seasons these two have been flirting with each other from the start! they need to end up together just because they have always been in each others lives! its hard to watch earlier seasons where they are laughing and making crap out of each other and then see them now barely speaking.  Cry things need to change and fast.

Karissa717
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 102

Luke & Lorelai 4E

View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: May 05, 2007, 12:15:59 pm »

^ i really like your signature Pleased *prettystick*

Java Junkies will always keep their F.A.I.T.H.
Proud BBB

Noddie
Flyswatter
mhmm
Town Resident

Community Points: 32

View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: May 05, 2007, 12:46:26 pm »

Well...I haven't been on here since the hiatus a couple months ago, but I've been lurking since it came back a few weeks ago...

I'm sort of in shock about the news that gg won't be back next year...but kind of new it was coming since nothing had been signed with the end of season so close...

When I found out 2 days ago, it really hadn't sunk in that the show was over...but then a few hours later, I was in total disbelief.  Then I went through all the stages of grief...and decided to write my thoughts out...it came to about almost 2 pages single spaced in a Word document...that was shocking on it's own...anyway, I've decided to post it and maybe even send in a shortened version to the CW since it is so long, I don't think they'd get past the first few lines...

If you feel so inclined to read this monstrously long rant, thanks in advance, and I'd be curious about your thoughts....its just one long paragraph, that's how I was feeling when I wrote it...

Where do I even begin?  I’m sure you have been bombarded with tons of fan mail and you might not even be reading this, but I guess its cathartic on my part.  I’m sure people have said this before, but I really have never written into a television show before.  There have been other shows, TV couples and storylines that I have been attached too…maybe too attached at times, but that’s the point of watching I guess.  To become involved in the show, to love the characters, get away from whatever disappointments or let downs you have in real life and focus on something else, to live vicariously through those characters or to simply be entertained.  Those shows have since been canceled, or just ended…the couples that I have loved have broken up, and sure, I was sad…its always disappointing when the couples you love break up or the show you’ve become attached to ends, but for some reason when I got confirmation that Gilmore girls wasn’t going to be back for another season I was truly upset.  Not upset in the way where I have been before, with the previously mentioned shows, but honestly disappointed.  I get that maybe the actors didn’t want to sign on for another season, fine.  I guess I could live with that knowing that they gave us seven quality years…but I can’t….I got maybe five.  The way the sixth season ended was appalling, and to go through the majority of season seven like we did is just astonishing to me.  I’m speaking for myself now, but I’m sure there are a lot of other fans out there who feel similar if not the same as I do.  Let me elaborate.  I am a big Luke/Lorelai fan.  I watched him pine for her in the beginning and was thrilled when they finally were on the same page and got together at the end of the fourth season.  It was nice to have them together in the fifth season, even with the break up, it was nice.  Then we had season six. Don’t get me wrong, I have enjoyed…well I wouldn’t say enjoyed, but I have liked season six and even season seven for that matter for the most part.  I love angst, it has to be thrown in there every now and then to keep things interesting and when you have actors that can pull it off, it is worth it.  A lot of people have been bashing David Rosenthal for the way he has written season seven and I can’t really blame them.  It wouldn’t have been the direction I would go in even if there was going to be an eighth season, but then again, I don’t get paid the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.  For what it’s worth, I think David Rosenthal has done a very good job with what he was left with when Amy Sherman-Palladino left us last season.  Honestly, the show lost me a little bit with how the sixth season ended, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about…but I stuck with it…I kept watching, kept believing that things would turn out okay in the end…looks like my waiting patiently for a turn around was in vain.  I’d be interested to see what ASP would have done with this season, but that’s neither here nor there…I guess this whole letter is moot, but as I said before, it might make me feel better.  I think my biggest beef with the ending of this show is how abruptly it happened…maybe not so abrupt for you, but for the fans, even the one’s that knew it was a possibility, including myself, it is shocking.  To quote Lorelai Victoria Gilmore, “I’m not upset that you got your boat out of my garage, I’m upset with they way you got your boat out of my garage.”, you get my point.  If I had known at the beginning of this season that this was indeed the final season I would have felt a lot better than I do right now…heck, if I new five episodes ago this was going to be the final season I wouldn’t be as upset…well, that might be a lie, but it just seems so much worse this way.  Knowing that the final episodes have been filmed and where we are right now, I just do not see how I’m going to get the kind closure I want for the series.  I like how Luke and Lorelai are finding there way back to each other, but I must say, I was disappointed with their apologies during the “Hay Bale Maze” episode.  It seemed a bit contrived to me.  Luke isn’t that introspective or forthcoming with his feelings (I know, I know character growth, but that is a lot of growth for one person in a short amount of time) and Lorelai’s delivery seemed very flat.  What’s going to happen with April?  How will she fit into Luke and Lorelai’s life?  Will Luke and Lorelai have their middle?  Will there be “jam hands”?  So many questions still unanswered.  And then there is Rory and Logan.  I hear there is a possible break up….how is that closure?  I’m no Rory/Logan fan, or “Rogan” fan if you will, but I just don’t see how that can bring anyone closure, it seems kind of anticlimactic.  You have built this relationship up for a good two years only to have him propose and she turns him down??  Granted I have yet to see how everything plays out, but I am beside myself trying to picture how this series could end with the amount of closure I am seeking/expecting.  Even the secondary characters aren’t going to have to closure I want.  Lane and Zach just had twins; he gets this awesome opportunity to go on the road as a lead guitarist and just leaves Lane with the twins for two months?  I don’t know if I like it to be left that way.  Sookie is pregnant; she still hasn’t forgiven Jackson about the whole vasectomy thing?  I mean sure she will get past it, but I don’t find closure in knowing that’s who she is.  Again, I have yet to see if you even touch upon this in the finale or if that one scene we got was it.  I guess I am just upset with how things have been handled with respect to the ending of this show.  I have invested five plus years to this show and I feel gypped, jilted, shafted, like I got the short end of the stick …*insert adjective here*.  To add insult to injury, the day we all find out that Gilmore girls is indeed not coming back for an eighth season, ABC Family airs what has to be one of the most depressing episodes that Gilmore girls has aired since it debuted, “Partings”.  Even if you are not a Luke/Lorelai fan, or “JavaJunkie” as some people like to call themselves on the .ORG, it just didn’t have the same “Gilmore” feeling that people had become accustomed too, in my opinion.  With all of that said, I must express the only good thing I see with this show ending now…Rory’s graduation.  ASP has said that that is where she wanted the show to end and I can see how that would be a good point to stop at.  She’ll be starting a new chapter in her life, possibly moving away from Stars Hollow and Connecticut all together.  I just feel that there was more to be told before we got to this point, and now that it is here, I think it is too soon. 

Thanks for reading...

ps. I'll have to double check the Lorelai quote, I haven't felt like watching gg...it just seems so sad right now...but I'm pretty sure that was it, if not feel free to correct me...

ggrox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 226

All we can do is keep breathing....

View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: May 05, 2007, 01:48:02 pm »

That letter was really well written..good job. gwad I'm numb with sadness

what do you guys think about this idea?

there is also

Operation:  Daisy Duke.

In which we send real daisies to Dawn Ostroff, President of the CW (address later in this post) in order to urge her to work one last time with Lauren and Alexis to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.

1)  Why "Operation:  Daisy Duke"?  Because the show has made some very amusing equations between Lorelai and the hottest Dukes cousin, including having Lorelai drive a jeep (just like Daisy did), having Lorelai wear Daisy Dukes to her meeting with Headmaster Charleston on Rory's first day at Chilton, because Stars Hollow is the set where Hazzard County used to exist and because the exterior of Lorelai's house is the exterior of Uncle Jesse's house.  And because the many ironies inherent in the show's premise strongly suggest that we'll have better luck than Max did with the daisies.

2)  There are many sources on the web and in your own backyard to send daisies through.  Many of the online florists only promote $40 vase arrangements of daisies, which may be beyond a Gg fan's budget.  One of Heidi's inquiries into a store located in Burbank stated that daisies can be ordered for as little as $1.50 per stem ($18 per dozen).  If you are willing to order your daisies through that store, then I think that the quantity of daisies ordered would be as profitable for that store as ordering a fewer amount of more expensive daisies would be.  So here's the address of the store to try:

Magnolia Flowers & Gifts
(818) 569-0229
- Daisies were available for $1.50 per stem.  According to the florist 1-2 dozen stems would make a nice vase.

A dozen daisies would likely come in a typical cellophane wrap if they're bought by the stem.  And remember, you can also order daisies through FTD, 1-800flowers.com and other websites and even your local florists.  Order the daisies in the way that is best for you.

3) Send yellow daisies ONLY because that's the color of Lorelai.  If whoever you order from is out of yellow daisies (unlikely, but still . . .) then, sure, go with white daisies, but Yellow is the color.

4) Send your daisies to Dawn Ostroff at the following address: 

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

4)  You can, of course, send small message cards with your bouquet.  The rule is this:  BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  Do NOT write anything like "I hate you because you cancelled Gilmore Girls!" or "I'm sad that you cancelled Gimore Girls" or "I won't watch The CW ever again unless you uncancel Gilmore Girls."  I totally understand and respect those feelings, but, after all, it's not something that Lorelai or Rory would do in this situation.  Instead, write something like "Please renew Gilmore Girls!" or "Please uncancel Gilmore Girls" and sign it with at least your name and address so that they know how far Gg's fanbase has spread throughout the country and the world.

5) DEADLINE: EVERYDAY is the official deadline.

I'll do big pushes on Sunday the 6th and Sunday the 13th to encourage sending flowers on Gilmore Tuesdays, but the more constant the stream of daisies delivered to Ostroff on a daily basis between now and May 16th, the day before the CW's Upfront (Fall Schedule Announcement) is revealed, the better.  Again, the last day for same day deliveries is May 16th, but other than that, *every* day is deadline day for the campaign.

6) Please post to this thread when you've sent a bouquet.  I'll keep a running total and post updates periodically.  Even one hundred bouquets of just a dozen daisies sent to Ms. Ostroff will surpass the 1000 mark of daisies from LD&T and I am sure that we'll send a lot more than that.

7)  Please spread the word of "Operation:  Daisy Duke" around to other MBs and forums that have enthusiastic Gilmore supporters.

Okay?  Okay!

Ready.  Set.  GO!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 01:55:23 pm by ggrox » Logged

Thanx so much Elise Gilmore!^
Lorelai, this thing we're doing here - me, you  I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: May 05, 2007, 02:40:57 pm »

That was a great letter! Very well written. And the idea with the daisies is fantastic, but I don't have money to buy daisies let alone mail them. So, I can't help, but I am sending emails.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: May 05, 2007, 05:57:04 pm »

Sorry for the double post but I wanted my 1000th post to be here! I'm so happy! I've posted 1000 times!!! And I'm so glad it's on the Java Junkie thread!! Luke and Lorelai 4eva!!!  Grin

Karissa717
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 102

Luke & Lorelai 4E

View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: May 05, 2007, 06:14:14 pm »

Well...I haven't been on here since the hiatus a couple months ago, but I've been lurking since it came back a few weeks ago...

I'm sort of in shock about the news that gg won't be back next year...but kind of new it was coming since nothing had been signed with the end of season so close...

When I found out 2 days ago, it really hadn't sunk in that the show was over...but then a few hours later, I was in total disbelief.  Then I went through all the stages of grief...and decided to write my thoughts out...it came to about almost 2 pages single spaced in a Word document...that was shocking on it's own...anyway, I've decided to post it and maybe even send in a shortened version to the CW since it is so long, I don't think they'd get past the first few lines...

If you feel so inclined to read this monstrously long rant, thanks in advance, and I'd be curious about your thoughts....its just one long paragraph, that's how I was feeling when I wrote it...

Where do I even begin?  I’m sure you have been bombarded with tons of fan mail and you might not even be reading this, but I guess its cathartic on my part.  I’m sure people have said this before, but I really have never written into a television show before.  There have been other shows, TV couples and storylines that I have been attached too…maybe too attached at times, but that’s the point of watching I guess.  To become involved in the show, to love the characters, get away from whatever disappointments or let downs you have in real life and focus on something else, to live vicariously through those characters or to simply be entertained.  Those shows have since been canceled, or just ended…the couples that I have loved have broken up, and sure, I was sad…its always disappointing when the couples you love break up or the show you’ve become attached to ends, but for some reason when I got confirmation that Gilmore girls wasn’t going to be back for another season I was truly upset.  Not upset in the way where I have been before, with the previously mentioned shows, but honestly disappointed.  I get that maybe the actors didn’t want to sign on for another season, fine.  I guess I could live with that knowing that they gave us seven quality years…but I can’t….I got maybe five.  The way the sixth season ended was appalling, and to go through the majority of season seven like we did is just astonishing to me.  I’m speaking for myself now, but I’m sure there are a lot of other fans out there who feel similar if not the same as I do.  Let me elaborate.  I am a big Luke/Lorelai fan.  I watched him pine for her in the beginning and was thrilled when they finally were on the same page and got together at the end of the fourth season.  It was nice to have them together in the fifth season, even with the break up, it was nice.  Then we had season six. Don’t get me wrong, I have enjoyed…well I wouldn’t say enjoyed, but I have liked season six and even season seven for that matter for the most part.  I love angst, it has to be thrown in there every now and then to keep things interesting and when you have actors that can pull it off, it is worth it.  A lot of people have been bashing David Rosenthal for the way he has written season seven and I can’t really blame them.  It wouldn’t have been the direction I would go in even if there was going to be an eighth season, but then again, I don’t get paid the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.  For what it’s worth, I think David Rosenthal has done a very good job with what he was left with when Amy Sherman-Palladino left us last season.  Honestly, the show lost me a little bit with how the sixth season ended, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about…but I stuck with it…I kept watching, kept believing that things would turn out okay in the end…looks like my waiting patiently for a turn around was in vain.  I’d be interested to see what ASP would have done with this season, but that’s neither here nor there…I guess this whole letter is moot, but as I said before, it might make me feel better.  I think my biggest beef with the ending of this show is how abruptly it happened…maybe not so abrupt for you, but for the fans, even the one’s that knew it was a possibility, including myself, it is shocking.  To quote Lorelai Victoria Gilmore, “I’m not upset that you got your boat out of my garage, I’m upset with they way you got your boat out of my garage.”, you get my point.  If I had known at the beginning of this season that this was indeed the final season I would have felt a lot better than I do right now…heck, if I new five episodes ago this was going to be the final season I wouldn’t be as upset…well, that might be a lie, but it just seems so much worse this way.  Knowing that the final episodes have been filmed and where we are right now, I just do not see how I’m going to get the kind closure I want for the series.  I like how Luke and Lorelai are finding there way back to each other, but I must say, I was disappointed with their apologies during the “Hay Bale Maze” episode.  It seemed a bit contrived to me.  Luke isn’t that introspective or forthcoming with his feelings (I know, I know character growth, but that is a lot of growth for one person in a short amount of time) and Lorelai’s delivery seemed very flat.  What’s going to happen with April?  How will she fit into Luke and Lorelai’s life?  Will Luke and Lorelai have their middle?  Will there be “jam hands”?  So many questions still unanswered.  And then there is Rory and Logan.  I hear there is a possible break up….how is that closure?  I’m no Rory/Logan fan, or “Rogan” fan if you will, but I just don’t see how that can bring anyone closure, it seems kind of anticlimactic.  You have built this relationship up for a good two years only to have him propose and she turns him down??  Granted I have yet to see how everything plays out, but I am beside myself trying to picture how this series could end with the amount of closure I am seeking/expecting.  Even the secondary characters aren’t going to have to closure I want.  Lane and Zach just had twins; he gets this awesome opportunity to go on the road as a lead guitarist and just leaves Lane with the twins for two months?  I don’t know if I like it to be left that way.  Sookie is pregnant; she still hasn’t forgiven Jackson about the whole vasectomy thing?  I mean sure she will get past it, but I don’t find closure in knowing that’s who she is.  Again, I have yet to see if you even touch upon this in the finale or if that one scene we got was it.  I guess I am just upset with how things have been handled with respect to the ending of this show.  I have invested five plus years to this show and I feel gypped, jilted, shafted, like I got the short end of the stick …*insert adjective here*.  To add insult to injury, the day we all find out that Gilmore girls is indeed not coming back for an eighth season, ABC Family airs what has to be one of the most depressing episodes that Gilmore girls has aired since it debuted, “Partings”.  Even if you are not a Luke/Lorelai fan, or “JavaJunkie” as some people like to call themselves on the .ORG, it just didn’t have the same “Gilmore” feeling that people had become accustomed too, in my opinion.  With all of that said, I must express the only good thing I see with this show ending now…Rory’s graduation.  ASP has said that that is where she wanted the show to end and I can see how that would be a good point to stop at.  She’ll be starting a new chapter in her life, possibly moving away from Stars Hollow and Connecticut all together.  I just feel that there was more to be told before we got to this point, and now that it is here, I think it is too soon. 

Thanks for reading...

ps. I'll have to double check the Lorelai quote, I haven't felt like watching gg...it just seems so sad right now...but I'm pretty sure that was it, if not feel free to correct me...

i agree with everything that you said. amazing letter. it is a great gift to be able to express yourself so well in writing. i hope that the show reads this letter because it out of all the ones ive seen, expresses how all gilmore girls fans of all ages are feeling right now. so thanks. and *prettystick* of course Pleased

Java Junkies will always keep their F.A.I.T.H.
Proud BBB

Noddie
Flyswatter
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: May 05, 2007, 06:21:07 pm »

Yeah that was an amazing letter.

luce
Town Resident

Community Points: 42

You say tomato, I say pimp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5573 on: May 05, 2007, 08:57:31 pm »

I just wrote my letter, and I'm gonna send it tomorrow!!!

"This is our dream, we are not gonna let this happen!!"

cafepress.com/ishallbelieve - unique gifts for the tv minded
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: May 05, 2007, 11:29:39 pm »

That's my thought for right now! It just HAS to happen!! I'm not giving up...for Luke and Lorelai...for my fellow GG fans! Great letters, great effort, great work! Keep it up! Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: May 06, 2007, 04:40:08 am »

Sooks-nice season8 supporting picture of Luke and Lorelai!!!

awww Lorelai singing to Luke sooooooooo sweet!!!

They have to get back together sooooooon!!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: May 06, 2007, 06:33:23 am »

I know... I hope they get back together in the course of the next two episodes. At this rate I don't even care how it happens, I just want it to happen.

Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: May 06, 2007, 06:36:48 am »

Mhmm: great letter (better but very similar in tone to the one I wrote). We all need to see (!) that Lorelai can 'stand still' and 'be' with Luke (that is, that we haven't been sympathizing for seven years with a fickle, self-centered woman and a sad loser of a guy who keeps putting up with her antics. So they'll kiss in the last episode: who says she won't bolt, again?). Love the 'boat out of the garage' parallel! It's the whole abruptness of this ending that is so frustrating, as I put it in some other thread, we've travelled on this ship for seven years, through the sunny as well as the darkest of nights (late season 6-most of season 7), faithful they would bring us to our destination (Paradise Island!), only to find we're getting chucked overboard onto a raft called "The Satisfying New Understanding", without any proper warning and with the coast just a measly 13 (or even less) miles away. They've kept this mirage of Luke and Lorelai happy ever after before our eyes from the very beginning and are now too cynical to actually make it happen. A marriage and jam hands too cheesy? Like I said, you need a lot of cheese to make a good pizza, Lorelai!  
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: May 06, 2007, 06:39:35 am »

^AMEN!!!! Jam Hands totally!!!
I know... I hope they get back together in the course of the next two episodes. At this rate I don't even care how it happens, I just want it to happen.
definitly as long as their together it'll be fine!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: May 06, 2007, 10:59:20 am »

^AMEN!!!! Jam Hands totally!!!
definitly as long as their together it'll be fine!!!

Of, course I would prefer something romantic and cheesy but that's just me...

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 508
  Print  

Jump to: