Mrs. Kim / Emily Kuroda Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 02:48:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Mrs. Kim / Emily Kuroda Appreciation
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Mrs. Kim / Emily Kuroda Appreciation  (Read 41046 times)
Lindsay
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2006, 01:52:55 pm »

I just noticed there wasn't a thread dedicated to Mrs. Kim and thought we should have one. She is such a great character.

What would you say is your favorite Mrs. Kim scene or moment on the show?
One of mine would definietly have to be when she visited Lanes apartment with the band for the first time. haha!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 01:49:19 am by Heidi » Logged

Forever FFF #5

Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko
aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 21

--> Aryan . The . Apprentice <-- in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:57:15 pm »

i LOVE her reaction to the 'You Break, You Buy' i also love how now lane is doing it. they are like identical sells now. LOL

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 --. it
Lindsay
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 02:24:23 pm »

Haha! Yes, "You Break, You Buy" is great!  Grin And I also loved when she ran up to Zach on the street. LOL!! His face was priceless!

Forever FFF #5

Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko
Darkkie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 02:38:11 pm »

I loved when she planned their band tour with the Seven Day Aventis thing! That has to be the strangest tour for a Rock group!

"Get real! (Insert name here- not at home so no time to look it up) was number one in CD sales. He didn't curse and he mentioned God!"

I support the Lorelai-Luke relationship.

I suport the Rory-Logan relationship 100x more because after all, in my world God IS a woman and Logan and Rory will have to get back together.

Lindsay
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 10:30:20 pm »

I loved when she planned their band tour with the Seven Day Aventis thing! That has to be the strangest tour for a Rock group!

"Get real! (Insert name here- not at home so no time to look it up) was number one in CD sales. He didn't curse and he mentioned God!"

Haha! Yeah that would be strange for a rock band.
I loved the episode that Lane was falling apart and freaking out yelling at people at the store after she broke up with Zach and she sat Lane down and they had a drink together! Mrs. Kim is so cool!

Forever FFF #5

laurenfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 12:32:50 pm »

I love Mrs Kim she is great,I love it when she says You Break you Buy LOL!!

I love that she call's french fries the Devils starchy fingers (that's right isn't it)

I am so glad she is accepting Lanes life now and letting her be her own person.

gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 01:17:59 pm »

Ah Mrs. Kim...She's hilarious!!

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

Alice
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 03:07:40 pm »

I think what she said was "Prince made 57,000,000 take home last year. He didnít swear, and he mentioned God."

I love how she Emily Kuroda delivered that. Her portrayal of Mrs. kim is always amusing and intelligent. I'm sure that probably no one could play Mrs. Kim as well, or as lovably.

A lot of people don't like the character, and I don't know why. She's funny, she loves her daughter, she works and she's pretty. Why would anyone have a problem with that?
Lindsay
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 06:12:38 pm »

I love how she Emily Kuroda delivered that. Her portrayal of Mrs. kim is always amusing and intelligent. I'm sure that probably no one could play Mrs. Kim as well, or as lovably.

A lot of people don't like the character, and I don't know why. She's funny, she loves her daughter, she works and she's pretty. Why would anyone have a problem with that?

I agree, I don't think anyone else could play Mrs. Kim as well as Emily does.
I don't know why people don't like her either...its probably cause she is so intense. But thats what makes her so funny Smiley

Has anyone ever seen Emily in any of the other shows she's been on or in any of the movies she's been in?

Forever FFF #5

Alice
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 06:50:15 pm »

She's guest starred on a lot of things I watch in reruns/from tapings, like MacGuyver, L.A.Law, Doogie Howser, E.R., L.A. Heat, Chicago Hope, and Remington Steele off the top of my head. She also had a really small role in Dad, which I watched for Ted Dansen.

She really does rock, no matter what she's on.
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 06:51:02 pm »

How do you all think that Mrs. Kim will react to Lane's engagement? †I really don't think it will go over well, but who knows because we have all seen a different side of her lately. †Also does anyone know Mrs. Kim's 1st name?

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
Alice
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 08:46:23 pm »

Mrs. kim's first name has not yet been revealed.

I think she'll react well. She told Zach she wouldn't stand in his way, so I think she's accepted that Lane will not end up with a Korean.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 11:04:46 pm »

I think she'll react well. She told Zach she wouldn't stand in his way, so I think she's accepted that Lane will not end up with a Korean.

That's a good point ... and while true, I don't know if Mrs. Kim had marriage in mind when she said it.  She wasn't thrilled to have Lane dating to begin with and now a jump to marriage at such a young age ... that's enough to get most parents a little riled up.  Wink

~Heidi 

Flame    Flame
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 11:28:33 pm »

Well, people see her as a stereotype.  I think she's developed very well, considering she's only a supporting character.  Her strictness was out of her desire to protect Lane, and even in the beginning there were hints that she could listen and wasn't completely closed minded.  Letting Lane go out on the front lawn at the end of Double Date, when she was grounded. Yeah, it was played for comedy, so it was exaggerated, but it still showed she could listen to that harlot Lorelai (I'm calling her what I think Mrs. Kim would have called her Grin) about Lane.  And, then, when Lane broke up with Henry, Mrs. Kim was willing to let Rory talk to Lane even though it was after the time she usually wouldn't allow phone calls.

And, I'd be disappointed if Mrs. Kim didn't have some concerns about this engagement.  She can talk to Lane and still leave the decision ultimately up to her.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Lindsay
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 12:29:47 pm »

That's a good point ... and while true, I don't know if Mrs. Kim had marriage in mind when she said it.† She wasn't thrilled to have Lane dating to begin with and now a jump to marriage at such a young age ... that's enough to get most parents a little riled up.† Wink
~Heidi†

Yeah I agree...I don't think she thought it would come to marriage yet. She will probably have a little freak out but deep down I think she is going to be really happy about it.

Forever FFF #5

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: