Fans over 30
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 06:59:09 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fans over 30
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] Print
Author Topic: Fans over 30  (Read 153070 times)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: June 13, 2008, 07:50:41 pm »

Lori ~ Hi, my name is Cheri.  I think that this is the first time that I have come here to this thread and I don't really know why I did today, but I am glad that I did.  I want to tell you that my hopes and prayers are with you and your daughter Ariel and I hope that all will be okay for you soon and that you will finally get your do over.  I didn't go back far enough to find out everything that you are going through or what happened to Ariel, but I do hope that all will turn around for you somehow and soon.  I know that there is government assisted housing around here.  I'm not really sure just how that works and what their requirements are, but my mother in-law is in an apartment that she only has to pay I think it is about $48.00 a month and that includes all utilities.  Is there something like that where you live?  I know that with the economy the way it is today more and more people need this help so I don't know how many places may be available.  It is just a thought that came to me.  I really hope the best for all of you. 

I also have to say that I got really excited when I read that you wrote 'A Mother's Hope'.  I have read it twice and really loved it.  It mad me cry, and laugh, and it made me think that the things that I am going through is nothing.  It could be so much worse.  You are an amazing writer with a lot of knowledge about the medical field.  DId you work in the medical field at some time?  I have a hard time reading the computer screen for very long and I had to print the story so that I could read it.  I would go into the thread just about every day to see if there was another chapter posted and was always so excited when there was.  Granted, I didn't like the idea of Rory loosing her legs, but the writing was amazing and you really brought it to a good ending.  As soon as I read that you are writing a sequel, 'A Mother's Love', I went to the FanFiction Thread to see if it was there, but I couldn't find it.  Have you posted any of it yet and if so where? 

Gilmore Girls seems to be like therapy for you as it seems to be for so many.  It is a fabulous show and I really love it.  It is the best show on TV even if it is only in reruns now.  I still watch it as often as I can and I watch three or four episodes at night after the rest of my family goes to bed.  I am a very lucky woman because I have a relationship with my youngest daughter that is much like Lorelai and Rory.  We are best firends and do a lot of things together.  I love my older daughter, too and we have a great relationship. but it isn't the same.  I also had a great relationship with my mother.  She was my best friend.   

One True Thing is one of my favorite films.  I didn't see it until I found out that Lauren Graham was in it, but I found that I like it because it is a great movie.  I have seen a lot of the movies that she has done.  Most, of course, on DVD because many of her movies went straight to DVD.  I think that she is a great actress and can't wait to see her in something new either on the big screen or TV. 

I hope that I didn't chat your ear (or eye in this case) off. And I hope that I am not interfearing in something that is none of my business.  I just wanted to say I hope the best for you and that I think you are an amazing writer.  Oh yes, I also wanted to say that I love you signature and what you have written in it. 

Okay, I am blind or a little brain dead.  I just went through your posts again and there it was,  where I could go to find 'A Mother's Love'.  I guess that I was just to excited when I read about it I just took off looking for it instead of finishing reading your post that told me right where to find it.  I just printed up the first five chapters and will read it tonight.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 02:07:47 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1141 on: June 19, 2008, 06:58:04 am »

Lori

I just read your post and wanted to wish you well finding a place for your family.  I just realized you said your daughter is coming home June 15th, so I am hoping by now you were able to work something out.  I agree with Cheri, I would imagine being on disability you would qualify for subsidized housing if you are stuck.

Best wishes... Wink

Kristin

~KRISTIN~
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 05, 2008, 02:44:29 pm »

Hi everyone! I'm baaack! I figured I'd give you all an update. I finally found place to live, less than a week before Ariel was to come home! Her father refused to allow her to live with him, so I put it in God's hands, and low and behold, the next day I found an apartment I could afford that took pets and was available immediately! The owner didn't even do a credit check on my sister and I cause my sister had a theft of identity and it ruined her credit. So now my sister is no longer living in her car and we had a surprise welcome home party for Ariel and she was shocked! I had to stay with the lady I took care of for another two weeks so they could arrange to get another caregiver for me to train. My sister and her friend moved all of our stuff from storage by the car load for two weeks, so I had no computer cause they took everything of mine too. I am happy to say that I am finally in my new home and hooked up to the internet! Yay! Cause I was going through serious GG withdrawals without my fanfics to read. I can now finally finish writing chapter 6 of "A Mother's Love" and post it. It will be up in a few days. What a month it has been! Although I am still in a serious financial bind (my sister still hasn't found work yet and my money covers rent and not much else), at least we have a roof over our head and I'm reunited with my daughter. Everything will work out. Ariel is very happy to be home. In fact, before I even moved in, she unpacked my GG DVDs and watched the entire season 7 without me! So much for watching it together! Lol! Of course now I have to share the computer with her so she can watch music videos on YouTube! Teenagers! Lol!

Hi Cheri! Welcome to the thread! Thank you for your well wishes and prayers...they seemed to have worked! Lol! If you want to know my and Ariel's back story, you can PM me and I'll tell you. It is so hard to get HUD housing or Gov't assistance. The waiting lists are really long! I needed something like right now! Well it worked out. So you read "A Mother's Hope" TWICE! Wow! You know you can leave  reviews for the chapters. Even if you print them to read later, just come back to the page and scroll down to the bottom and leave a review when you're done. I love reviews! They are like coffee to Lorelai! Lol! I will be posting chapter 6 of the sequel "A Mother's Love" in a few days. If you click on my pen name when you're on fanfiction, you will go to my profile page if you want to read any of my other GG stories. I have a bunch of oneshots about Lorelai and Emily that people seem to really like. I'm so glad you like my writing. GG has definitely been, not only very therapeutic, but an inspiration to me. And yes, I do have some medical experience. I was a Holistic Health Practitioner before Fibromyalgia forced me to stop doing massages. A also watch a lot of medical shows on TV and read a lot of medical stuff. I'm such a Rory! Lol!

Okay! I'm done with the world's longest post! Lol! Now I can get back to life and being a mom again. Have a great day everyone! Remember... Live passionately Celebrate, love unconditionally  Love, Laugh often  Cheesy and never give up hope!  Cloud Things will work out in the end!        Grin Lori  Smitten

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 05, 2008, 04:56:45 pm »

Only have a second but I just had to stop in and say this is all fantastic news Lori.  I'm so happy for you and Ariel, and your sister also.  I hope life continues to climb to magnificent heights for you gals and that you continue to find your feet.

Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 05, 2008, 05:39:06 pm »

Lori ~ It is really great to hear that you have found a place to live, that Ariel is at home with you, and everyone is all together and safe.  Thank God for that.  It must really be so great to have Ariel home with you and happy to be there.  Hoepfully she will watch season 7 of GG with you even though she already watched. It.  Now all we have to do is hope and pray that jobs will come soon for you and your sister.  

I am really enjoying "A Mother's Love" and can't wait for chapter 6 to be done and posted.  I keep checking for it.  When I was reading "A Mother's Hope"  the first time, I wasn't a member of the org. so I couldn't leave reviews and then the second time I was reading from what I had printed out so it never really occured to me.  I will have to start leaving reviews for "A Mother's Love".  I have a notebook that just has these two stories in it with the titles written on the spine.  I will have to go and check out your other stories.  Wow.  You really do know what you are talking about.  Almost as soon as I started reading "A Mother's hope, well, after I got over the shock of the accident and what you did to Rory Shocked , I could tell that the medical knowledge was there.  I even mentioned it to my family.  

I didn't really realize how hard it is to get HUD or Gov't Assistance.  My mother in-law has been in her place for some time now and althought it probably was had for her then, I would imagine that it is harder now with so many people on disability, losing there jobs and with prices of everything going up so high.  I have just recently been hearing about Fibromyalgia on TV and hearing about charity functions to raise money for studies on it, but I am not sure what it is.  I just know that it is very painful.  I don't feel that it is any of my business to pry into your life.  That is your private business so I won't pry into it, but thank you for offering to tell me about it.  I just hope and pray that everything will turn around for all of you.  It sounds like the mending has started and I am so glad.

You haven't seen the world's longest post until you see some of mine on other threads here at the org. LOL! Cheesy  I am sure that I have put several of the members to sleep.  It has been really great to meet you and I am sure that I will be over here more often and I will start leaving reviews.  You can PM me any time if you want to talk there.  Bye for now,  Cheri.

Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 07, 2008, 07:14:34 pm »

Hey Caryn! Thanks for the well wishes!

Things are still challenging but I have hope that it's only going to get better...at least till my mother, Emily Gilmore, comes to visit for two weeks next week! Gah! Lol! Years ago I moved 3000 miles away to have my own life, and I haven't even finished unpacking from my recent move, and here she comes! Oh well, she means well. She wants to celebrate my birthday on the 27th with me and see my sister whom she hasn't seen in a few years. She's the Emily of my life but we're getting along better. She has dementia even though she's only 67, so I have to have patience with her memory problems. I will make this a positive experience and enjoy her visit. My dad couldn't travel because of his health but he's glad, I'm sure, to get a break from caregiving duties with Mom.

Cheri, it is great to have my daughter home again. I'm going to be a better mom this time and support her. Oh, and Fibromyalgia is unexplained all over body pain that is very real and debilitating. I fatigue very easily and sometimes it's hard to do the things I used to be able to. I spent one evening unpacking boxes and moving things around in my bedroom, nothing heavy, and wound up in so much pain I spent the 4th of July in bed. It felt like I had been beaten up from head to toe by a gang with baseball bats! I'm better now. I just have to recognize my limits and not exceed them. I've gotten used to living in constant pain.

I just posted chapter 6 of "A Mother's Love" and I'll be writing the next chapter starting tonight. I won't take so long to post now that I'm settled and my computer is up. Now I can revel in my fantasy Gilmore world of fan fictions and writing. It's one of the things I do to distract me from the pain I live with. I like this distraction! Lol! Grin Now I have to learn to juggle my time between being a full time mom and writing. I'll figure it out.

Have a great day everyone! I'm going to have some dinner and start writing tonight. I am so going through Lauren Graham withdrawal! I can't wait to see her in SOMETHING soon. Lol! Ta ta for now... Lori  Grin

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 19, 2008, 06:38:38 pm »

Lori,  I hope that all goes well with your mom's visit.  I don't really know what it is like to have that kind of relationship with mom's.  I was very lucky to have a Lorelai/Rory relationship with my mom my whole life until she passed and I have had that kind of relationship with my youngest daughter.  I have a close relationship with my son and my other daughter, but it is different with Erin.  Maybe it is because she is my 'baby' or maybe it is just because she got stuck with me because the other two wouldn't include her in what they were doing most of the time.  Either way, I am really enjoying the ride. 

I hope that everything is still going good with you and Ariel.  I am sure that things will go better for the two of you this time around.  My thoughts and prayers are with both of you. 

Thank you for explaining about Fibromyalgia.  I thought that my pain with all of my problems was bad but it doesn't seem to be anything compaired to what you are going through.  It really sounds horrible. 

Has Ariel watched season seven with you or was once enough for her?  I just watched it again over the past week watching three or four episodes every night after everyone else has gone to bed. 

I am still enjoying A Mother's Love and can't wait for chapter 7.  I really enjoy reading some of the fan fiction for Gilmore Girls that is out there.  Some I wish I hadn't wasted my time on but others are really quite good.  There is one that I am reading that is in it's third part that is now I think it is 94 chapters.  It has really been fun to read.  There are times that I get ideas for a story line, but I don't have the skills to write them down on paper so I just run them through my head.  I will have to rely on good writers like yourself to give us good stories to read.  OMG the one you did with Lorelai in the Navy was a real blast to read. 

I am with you on the Lauren Graham withdrawal.  Although I don't want to wish time away, I can't wait until late October when 'Flash of Genius' comes to the theaters and 'Birds of America' comes out on DVD.  I wish that it would have come to the theaters but I will take it any way they will give it to us. 

Again I hope that all goes well with your mom's visit and that you will be able to enjoy her company while she is there....Cheri

QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 23, 2015, 04:27:34 pm »

Oh man, I have never qualified for this thread before, haha! I think I am not the only one in the same boat?

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 23, 2015, 08:51:52 pm »

When did not qualifying ever sway us away?! I lost some of my sig lists but really?

Yet I saw this and thought wow!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 08, 2015, 07:02:48 pm »

I was never one of the youngins' here but I do dare think and feel like I am younger than 30. Most think I'm still in my 20s and usually are shocked when they find out my real age.  I guess it is a perk, to still be mistaken as a high school student.

True story, this year I was participating in a student all night lock-in sporting event to raise money for local foodshelfs.  On the way into the event at about 9:30 I commented to a staff member walking in (who didn't know me) that I tried to take a nap before coming but I couldn't sleep well. She responded saying, "I'm sure you'll be fine.  It's us old people they worry about." I smiled and brushed it off. As we were about to register, I then asked her where the staff team was meeting.  She was then confused and flustered when I introduced myself to her.  She then felt terrible, assuming I was a student, but I was thrilled I could still pass for one.  Grin

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 08, 2015, 07:15:14 pm »

I was never one of the youngins' here but I do dare think and feel like I am younger than 30. Most think I'm still in my 20s and usually are shocked when they find out my real age.  I guess it is a perk, to still be mistaken as a high school student.

True story, this year I was participating in a student all night lock-in sporting event to raise money for local foodshelfs.  On the way into the event at about 9:30 I commented to a staff member walking in (who didn't know me) that I tried to take a nap before coming but I couldn't sleep well. She responded saying, "I'm sure you'll be fine.  It's us old people they worry about." I smiled and brushed it off. As we were about to register, I then asked her where the staff team was meeting.  She was then confused and flustered when I introduced myself to her.  She then felt terrible, assuming I was a student, but I was thrilled I could still pass for one.  Grin

Those are the kind of wins you hold on to for a lifetime. Its like getting ID'd buying alcohol. I am the youngest person in our office and when I turned 30 this year I got a lot of rolled eyes and a general 'how dare you imply you are old' reaction from people. I wasn't feeling young anymore but was being denied access to the old club. It should have been a positive but I was a bit sensitive at the time. Haha!

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1151 on: July 09, 2015, 07:36:49 pm »

I finally belong in this thread haha. I turned 31 in April, just saying that outloud makes me feel super old even though technically I know I'm not. I am glad I am not the only one over 30 on this site that helps me feel better. So how is everyone?

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 26, 2015, 01:19:11 pm »

I finally belong in this thread haha. I turned 31 in April, just saying that outloud makes me feel super old even though technically I know I'm not. I am glad I am not the only one over 30 on this site that helps me feel better. So how is everyone?

I have a rough week, where being an adult can really suck sometime.  Yet through it all, I stayed true to my beliefs no matter how hard I was pressured to change them. 

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 26, 2015, 03:38:43 pm »

I have a rough week, where being an adult can really suck sometime.  Yet through it all, I stayed true to my beliefs no matter how hard I was pressured to change them. 

Yes I saw some of that play out on your facebook page and I say good on you for not bowing to pressure. It can be hard to stick by our beliefs in high pressure situations and I dont envy you one bit!

That's why I like in in here so much. No matter what is going on outside of this site, you can loosen your tie (or remove your bra, haha), kick back and have some judgement-free fun.

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: