Fans over 30
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 09:39:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fans over 30
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77 Print
Author Topic: Fans over 30  (Read 153148 times)
mmcd1967
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2006, 09:28:23 am »

Any fans over 30 please come to this thread!! I'm feeling reallllll old right now.
Kitty
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 09:52:50 am »

I'm over 30...39 to be exact. There are a few of us out here...

RORY: Mom?
LORELAI: Follow the Post-It's.
RORY: Does our life seem at all ridiculous to you?
mmcd1967
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 09:56:18 am »

Hi Kittty my name is Monica and I'm 39 also. Welcome!!!!My mom is 71 and shes the one who introduced me to GG
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 09:58:18 am by mmcd1967 » Logged
MikeinLA
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 20

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 10:23:33 am »

I'm over 30. Never mind how much.

Roll Eyes

Shameless plug for my book:  http://www.lulu.com/undeadlyspring
tylersmom
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 11:50:06 am »

ok, I'm 39 too and GG is my favorite show!
mmcd1967
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 12:06:48 pm »

Welcome Mike and "Tylersmom" I'm feeling less alone now. I to am a GG fan obviously.
Tracy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 12:23:09 pm »

I'm 38. Perhaps we can have a slightly more advanced conversation about GG. The other day on reruns they had the show where grandmother Lorelei was setting up a trust for Rory that she would ahve access to when she was 25 but she was going to give it to her early for her schooling (Chilton). Mayhem insued and in the end she decided not to give Rory the money early. Yet, not mention of this has been made since. That's poor continuity isn't it? That episode implied that Rory wiould have access to a trust at 25. Thoughts?

Kitty
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 12:24:29 pm »

Interesting that so far three of us are 39.  

Do you find that you relate to Lorelai a lot more because she is suppose to be around our age and all of the 80s pop references she makes?

The other day on reruns they had the show where grandmother Lorelei was setting up a trust for Rory that she would ahve access to when she was 25 but she was going to give it to her early for her schooling (Chilton). Mayhem insued and in the end she decided not to give Rory the money early. Yet, not mention of this has been made since.
It is interesting.  I wonder if it got set up at all given the situation that occurred between Emily and Lorelai.  Perhaps it is there, yet no one will know about it until Rory turns 25. 

It also raises the question of if Lorelai has a trust as well, or if she did at one time.  If she did, did she refuse it?  Was it revoked when she became pregnant?  Supposedly she was on the same path as Rory...as Lorelai was a smart kid, headed towards a prestigious school, but then the pregnancy changed everything. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:31:49 pm by Kitty » Logged

RORY: Mom?
LORELAI: Follow the Post-It's.
RORY: Does our life seem at all ridiculous to you?
mmcd1967
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 01:02:29 pm »

I'm so glad to have people my own age to talk to about GG. Yeah its interesting that so far 3 of us are 39 an now a 38 year old. Lor is 37 so yes we can relate to all her 80's pop references. As far as the trust fund I havent heard any talk of it since that ep . They've done that before where they have dropped a subject and its never talked of again.
dparkerdrankhere
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 29

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 05:38:39 pm »

I'm 32!  Grin ...although some people think I'm younger than I am.  ...must be the Hello Kitty shirts I wear  Undecided.  Anyway, it is nice to see that there are other folks on the org that are over 30.  These young folks here on the org sometimes make me feel like I'm the oldest person on the site.  I don't relate anymore to discussions about school, and finals.... miss those days.

I met my true love, my husband on gilmoregirls.org!
tv_lindy
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

"Would you just stand still?"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 07:21:08 pm »

I'm 33!  Nice to know there are others here close to my age. 

"When a woman gives birth to a crack baby, you do not buy her a puppy!" - Emily Gilmore

All hail the brilliant Amy Sherman-Palladino...  Don't leave us!  Come back, Amy!  Come back! 
Give Lauren Graham an Emmy!
mmcd1967
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 07:36:40 pm »

I'm glad to see so many people were interested in this thread.  Yeah I had started this today because I was feeling out of place in the forum.  I noticed there was no thread dealing with fans in our age group so I thought i start one myself. Nice to no others were feeling out of place like me. Glad to see there are many over 30ers out there.  Welcome!!!
MikeinLA
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 20

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 09:29:33 am »

A couple of threads I've been haunting are very adult-oriented. The one about alcoholic beverages is interesting, and I've pointed out over there we have 17-year-olds and even 14-year-olds explaining to us about drinking. It's a little creepy.

Also, I got mixed up in a discussion about whether or not Richard Gilmore is cruel and a real man. I think he's not and he is. The thread on Mitchum Huntzberger has mature input, too. The kids just saw him as the mean old man who devastated Rory and torments Logan, but some of us oldsters see him as a guy trying to be a good father to a spoiled son raised in an atmosphere of privilege.

I'm glad you guys are here, too. I'm kind of not interested in Jess's hair, and some of the kids on the Lauren Graham thread think it would be neet for her to be their mom and make them breakfast. I'd like for her to make me breakfast, too.

Ooops. Sorry. Bad MikeinLA!

Roll Eyes

Shameless plug for my book:  http://www.lulu.com/undeadlyspring
mmcd1967
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 09:36:21 am »

If you call pop tarts breakfast!! Lol  That's the only thing I've seen her make.
Merovia
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

supercalifragilistic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 09:37:54 am »

Well, I'm not over 30 yet... but 28 so I will be getting there eventually...

So hope that is OK that I but into your little age-talk  Wink

I have only made one other post than this one so I don't know about the normal agy-feel in here Smiley

"Stop Trying to Be Perfect and Start Being Remarkable"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: