Marty / Wayne Wilcox Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2017, 11:48:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476533 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19874 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Marty / Wayne Wilcox Appreciation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Marty / Wayne Wilcox Appreciation  (Read 40051 times)
Potterxxx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 50

My new obssesion

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2006, 03:37:14 pm »

he WAS really nice, but she already had a nice guy: Dean. i love marty to death, but i think another nice guy would be repetitive.

**~Nora~**
rorylovesjess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 52

Plz call me Maddie...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2006, 05:19:52 pm »

Well, I think Dean kinda of lost the niceness factor...and besides shouldn't we be rooting for a "nice" guy for Rory? I mean I love Jess, and I love him with Rory, but he was a "bad" guy and Logan is a "AWFUL" guy, so I think by the end o fthe series, Rory should have someone who can care about her, and I don't really mind if it is repetitive, because I find Marty a "funny" guy to begin with, and if Rory can't be with Jess, Marty is really the only perfect choice...and he is sooo cute!!!! Cheesy   

banner made by unseen_shadows

Literati~JavaJunkie~Hamburger Hater~Flyswatter
1orelai
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 22

I am here for you and your sexy beard Taylor

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2006, 05:21:47 pm »

What Wayne sings in RENT:

Will I lose my dignity
Will someone CARE
Will I wake tomorrow
From this nightmare

He plays a man sick and dying with AIDS

Co-Creator of the Middies

WrittenStars
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 19

I demand everyone to read Twilight...now!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2006, 05:34:11 pm »

I love that part of the song! (well of course since its Wayne Wilcox!) He has such a great voice, really pure sounding. (it that makes sense at all)  Smiley
Marty was such a great friend to Rory and would have been a great boyfriend

"A match made in Heaven"
anastagee
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2006, 07:48:43 pm »

Rory REALLY needs to take a good look at the boy she's chosen to be with and realize that he's just a rich jerk who has anger/jealousy issues, a history of cheating and fooling around majorly in the past, and who is just plain wrong for her. He's been a completely bad influence for her. Sure, she's had some good times through him, she's become more adventurous, I guess, but the things that have happenned in her life in relation to him (and the Huntzburger family as a whole) have put Rory in aweful situations. Rory questioned her ability to write for crying out loud! For all the years we have watched Rory grow up, she has ALWAYS wanted to be a journalist. She wrote for the Chilton newspaper, the Yale Daily News, and she always knew that she wanted to be a journalist- until Mr.Hotshot jerk Huntzberger showed up... really, doesn't Rory deserve better?

I say BRING MARTY BACK!

Marty was kind, understanding, genuine, honest, and he really liked Rory. You could see it in his eyes (great acting, by the way-- I'd take you over Logan anyday, Marty).

Rory deserves someone who will treat her with respect, dignity, kindness, love- and she should be able to be with someone who's loyalty and affection she doesn't have to question.

C'mon, Rory, enough with the bad-boy chase, already. Catch the boy who's been falling for you all along.
tubish
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2006, 03:14:23 am »

ı th,nk you r wrong.marty is not for rory at all.logan has made sacrifeses(as far as ı know cause ı am from turkey and ı have watch only 5 seasons)
Kukalaka
Inn Owner

Community Points: 349

~ Fanny ~

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2006, 03:34:02 am »

Hello anastagee. Welcome to the board. Before opening a new thread, be sure, there isn't already an existing one with the same or a similar topic. Check out the Forum Rules about it.

If you want to discuss Marty, please go to the Marty Appreciation Thread.
If you want to discuss Rory's boyfriends, please go to the Rory's boyfriends discussion thread.
You can also go to the Logan Unappreciation thread, because it seems like you don't like him that much.

Please don't post in this thread anymore. Happy posting anyway.

~ Foodie ~ Teacher's Pet ~
Survivor of the GG Drinking Game
flex151
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 255

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2006, 08:48:23 am »

Did anyone else see Wayne on Law & Order, playing a Kevin Federline-esque white rapper? It was hysterical! Especially since I know him as Marty, and the two characters are sooo incredibly different. He did a good job.

"L&O" Rips Britney, K-Fed from the Headlines

by Gina Serpe
Sep 12, 2006, 8:50 AM PT

A talent-challenged wannabe rapper who's built a career on the back of his gum-chomping, seatbelt-averse celeb wife?

Stop us if you've heard this one before.

According to the producers of Law & Order, the preceding set-up is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event. Apparently, they've lapsed on their subscription to Us Weekly.

Dick Wolf's long-running procedural will kick off its 17th season with just such a couple--a fictionalized pair of suspects who bears a striking resemblance to Kevin Federline and Britney Spears.

In the show, the couple, J-Train (Wayne Wilcox) and Sky Sweet (Barbara King), bear several similarities to K-Fed and Spears, both in terms of storyline and physical appearance.

Hopefully, that's where the parallels stop.

In the episode titled "Fame," J-Train becomes the prime suspect in the murder of an NYPD detective and gets arrested when the killing is connected to incriminating photos of his paparazzi-hounded starlet wife (she's snapped dropping the baby in Central Park and then leaving the kid alone in a car while she runs into a coffee shop, per the New York Post), forcing the oversaturated couple even further into the media spotlight.

from www.eonline.com

I should probably post this in Show and Cast Member News, but the article isn't really all that Wayne-related, so I thought here would be more appropriate..
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 08:58:22 am by flex151 » Logged

*Kate's Stalker*

What the snap, crackle, and pop is going on?!
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2006, 09:37:44 am »

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Rent with all my heart.
And I got so excited when I saw him in it.
I started bouncing up and down going "THAT'S MARTY!"
And welll.......

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2006, 07:31:55 am »

although i don't think marty is rory-boyfriend material i do like him and maybe him and rory could have dated for a while and i do feel sorry for him they were such good friends and you can't help who you love!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2007, 06:57:38 pm »

I liked Marty when I first saw him.

I liked how Richard seemed to like him when he first met him at the Yale game. Richard doesn't like to many people like that instantly.

I also thought that Marty was like Luke in a way that he has been pining her like Luke pined for Lorelai. I just wish that they could of ended up togther.

ErinG
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2008, 08:06:04 pm »

I don't know if he has already been a topic, but oh well.
Whatever happened to Marty??
I always wished Rory would of went out with him instead of Logan.

Anyone else have any comments about Marty??
[/tt]

cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2008, 05:40:03 pm »

I always liked Marty and thought that he would have been better for Rory then Logan, but it wouldn't have made for good episodes.  There wouldn't have been all the conflict and kind of extreme scenes.  I do like Wayne Wilcox and would like to see him in more things and singing more.  He sings really great.  I really love Rent and have seen it many times.  To this day, though, I wonder if I said MARTY out loud in the theater when I first saw him in it.  I know that I sure was thinking it. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
gilmore for life
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2008, 02:29:12 pm »

marty was funny but not rorys type
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2010, 06:40:06 pm »

OMG please tell me we didn't forget to re-erect the marty thread.
Giggles. That certainly deserves a Dirty!

I thought Rory and Marty had chemistry, but well after what Rory pulled him...I wouldn't want him to be the next guy that never got over Rory. What is she supergirl? So maybe she should do some pining after her friend...take up Luke's old hobby.  Wink Grin Maybe he can give her some pointers.
I completely agree! Rory is no siren, so what's with all these boys falling at her feet? And what's with them not being able to get over her? Sheesh! I too love the idea of Rory pining after someone for once.

This week, I watch an epi from season 5, aww, and Marty was in it. And I fell in love with him again... It was the episode when Rory fell asleep on his bed.
That was the episode that really won me over for Marty. The fact that she could sit that intimately with him and fall asleep on his bed meant she was so comfortable with him. I know that's also a sign that she wasn't attracted to him (because she wouldn't have done that if she had been) but to me it was indicative of something more meaningful - how much she trusted him. The best foundation for a friendship, which is the best foundation of a relationship, IMO. That scene was what made me go back and look at their easy friendship we saw in a couple episodes of Season 4 and wished they had started something then. Oh, look at that! Apparently I'm repeating myself.

I actually wish the show hadn't made Marty fall for Rory in Season 5, and DEFINITELY wish they hadn't turned him into Pod!Marty in season 7. Since I was so dissatisfied with how the show handled Marty, I decided to rewrite history and wrote my own fanfic of how Rory and Marty's story could have gone. I posted about it here in the FanFiction thread.

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: