Marty / Wayne Wilcox Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2017, 06:42:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476533 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19874 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Marty / Wayne Wilcox Appreciation
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Marty / Wayne Wilcox Appreciation  (Read 38140 times)
youngb
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 07:23:48 am »

I so want to see Marty and Rory dating.
They look good together, and Marty makes great boyfriend
He is kind and ı dont know.. He didnt have any flaw so far...
He is near perfect at least better than Logan
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 01:44:22 pm »

Sadly, I think Marty was slowly written out.  *sniffle*

But...if he did come back, I would want him to be Rory's BOYfriend...not friend.  I'm sick of that.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
Erin

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 02:15:08 pm »

I agree about Marty not coming back as just Rory's friend; I don't want to have to see any more of Rory treating Marty like crap.  If Marty comes back, I want it to be as Rory's boyfriend.  I'm not going to hold my breath for that, though. 

Kukalaka
Inn Owner

Community Points: 349

~ Fanny ~

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2005, 02:28:03 pm »

Marty would be right perfect as a boyfriend now, after Logan. Because he's totally opposite and he really cares.  And he deserves more than how Rory treated him. I never saw what Rory saw in Logan...

~ Foodie ~ Teacher's Pet ~
Survivor of the GG Drinking Game
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 02:30:41 pm »

I thought Rory and Marty had chemistry, but well after what Rory pulled him...I wouldn't want him to be the next guy that never got over Rory. What is she supergirl? So maybe she should do some pining after her friend...take up Luke's old hobby.† Wink Grin Maybe he can give her some pointers.

LORELAI: Oh, donít be embarrassed Snuffy, Iím just teasing. Itíd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

LRaguette
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 02:42:00 pm »

sorry, im new and i wasn't sure how they'd look

not too good i guess
youngb
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 09:02:36 am »

marty was the best guy who liked Rory so far... He is better than Logan, Dean and considering how he treats rory and shows his love and interest, ı think he was a little bit better than Jess too... (Jess fans, dont be mad, my opinion!)
Whatever, they were good, believe me!
TheHumanCoffeePot

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2005, 06:14:54 am »

I'm a Jess fan, but I'll come right out and say that Jess was a jerk a lot of times.  The difference between him and Logan is that Jess actually cared about Rory.  I don't get that vibe from Logan.  He seems like he's just in it for the sex, which sounds harsh, but...eh.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2005, 12:16:23 pm »

OMFG!!!! I can not believe Marty was in RENT!!! I had no idea that he was going to be!! And he can sing too! I loved that....if no one remembers, he plays Gordon in the life support meetings....and he sings!

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
Kukalaka
Inn Owner

Community Points: 349

~ Fanny ~

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2005, 11:44:17 am »

This week, I watch an epi from season 5, aww, and Marty was in it. And I fell in love with him again... It was the episode when Rory fell asleep on his bed.

~ Foodie ~ Teacher's Pet ~
Survivor of the GG Drinking Game
nikki

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2006, 04:18:41 pm »

I absolutely love Marty too (and have recently added him as a character in the RPG thread).† I have missed him so much since he hasn't been on all season (which I understand... If Rory's not at Yale there's not much opportunity to work in Marty).† I truly hope that with Rory's return to Yale we will see more of Marty.† It's uplifting to hear that ASP would like to work him in, schedules permitting.

I personally see Marty as Rory's Luke.† He's stable, kind, smart (he did get into Yale), funny, unselfish in his friendship with Rory, giving, caring, sensitive, reliable, patient, loyal, trustworthy, humble/not egotistical, helpful... I could draw parallels forever Smiley.† He's the one who belongs with Rory longterm.

I too loved the scene where Rory fell asleep in Marty's room.† I could be too overanalytical, but I think that scene has an important hidden message in it.† For a girl to fall asleep in a guy's room, she must have felt safe.† While I'm sure she didn't consciously think "I trust Marty, so it's safe for me to fall asleep," that's the message that her falling asleep sends.† It just shows a deep level of trust and security in the friendship.† Think about how much Rory trusts Logan.† On several occasions she's passively suggested that Logan was flirting with other girls when they were officially going out.† While she enjoyed the fun side of his playboy personality, she doesn't trust him because of the playboy personality.

About Marty being Rory's boyfriend, I have some torn feelings.
1) I worry that realistically the writers won't make them a couple because he isn't exciting.† I think we have to admit that GG writing has been leaning more towards the sensationalism/soapopera crap to gain more viewers.† Jess and Logan were exciting and stirred up a lot of drama.† I don't see Marty has fitting into that category, so he might get overlooked by the writers.

2) I don't think I want to see Rory take Marty as her boyfriend... YET.† I think Rory is still incredibly immature in relationships and has a long way to go befor she deserves Marty (yes I said it... <ducks from tomatoes>).† Plus I wouldn't want them to throw Rory and Marty together before they bring closure to the Logan break up.† It would really suck if Logan showed up and goes "I didn't think we broke up, that was just a misunderstanding on Honor's part" and Rory goes "Oh, oops.† Bye Marty."

3) I don't want the writers to play the Ross and Rachel game where once Rory sees how great Marty is, he is with someone else or claims not to be interested in Rory, and so on back and forth.† It's been done, writers.

4) What I really want is Rory to finish straightening up, realize that what she's looking for in a guy isn't just a fun good time, but a real mature, caring, nurturing sort of relationship, which I believe Marty can provide.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 04:04:52 am by nikki » Logged

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2006, 10:27:51 pm »

I love Marty!! He is such a sweet heart.   I wish he and Rory would get together I think they would be a lovely couple.  I am not a big fan of Logan.  He seems quite nasty at times.  Bring back Marty.   Smiley Cry

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
whatsername0137
Diner Regular

Community Points: 21

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 06:49:20 pm »

yes!  i soo agree.  marty is the best, hes sweet, hes got lots in common with rory, and he is just.... well.... marty.  lol.

i mean, i personally am a milo fan, but i have to admit that marty is probably my favourite choice for rory. 

Rory: Let's just play it cool.
Jess: Hey, I'm Frank at the Sands.
Rory: That's cool.

<3† Gilmore Girls† <3
PseudoLorelai
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 09:36:51 pm »

I love Marty!  I wish they had done more with him because seemed to be Rory's 'Luke', if that's possible.  I miss him.
Culwings
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 05:29:11 am »

This week, I watch an epi from season 5, aww, and Marty was in it. And I fell in love with him again... It was the episode when Rory fell asleep on his bed.
I loved that episode ....

Java Junkie, Headliner and Gilmore Guy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: