Luke's Girlfriends Discussion
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 05:00:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 118349 Members
Latest Member: plerbrord

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Relationship Threads
| | | |-+  Luke's Girlfriends Discussion
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Luke's Girlfriends Discussion  (Read 21719 times)
stacyface
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2008, 08:13:14 pm »

Rachel was jealous of Lorelai and Nicole was jealous of Lorelai. Nicole was kinda unusual because as a lawyer she was not someone you would expect him to date. I wonder if Luke enjoyed the idea of going out with the lawyer of his enemy Taylor. But really he was marking time until he found the courage to do something with Lorelai. It was awful that it ended with Nicole cheating on him. I wish we found out why she did it. If it had something to do with jealousy over Lorelai i want to know. Luke was a loner and that experience was not going to help him open up to people.

I don't think Rachel had any major faults, except she was not Lorelai. Luke was always expecting her to leave him because of their history together and he never got comfortable with her. Even when he started to think she would not leave he wasn't comfortable and would run to Lorelai's house for home repairs. I think it was too hard for him to go back to a former love. Max was around in those episodes, but i think Luke was still hoping something would happen with Lorelai. Rachel was right when she figured out his feelings about Lorelai. Too bad it took so long for Luke to "see her face". That Luke is a slow operator!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 09:51:03 am by stacyface » Logged

iowagilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2008, 09:26:23 am »

I didn't like Luke with anyone but Lorelai.   Smiley
haileysister
Town Troubadour

i am the biggest fan of gilmore girls!!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2008, 07:15:54 pm »

mine is luke and lorelai to.they may get into some fights but they make a cute couple.

Madison Brown
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2008, 07:40:52 pm »

Katlyn

First of all let me welcome you to the boards.

I love that you have so much to share about GG and have oodles of enthusiam to chat about the show, but please take note of how many of your threads have been merged with the pre-existing topics.  This very same topic exists not more than about 10 threads down the list.  A new one did not need to be made.

Heidi, our Org Adminstrator does an amazing job of trying to keep the boards as neat and organised as possible and it only remains so if we all take note and contribute accordingly as a community.

Cheers.

Please read Forum Rules
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2008, 01:17:59 am »

Rachel was jealous of Lorelai and Nicole was jealous of Lorelai. Nicole was kinda unusual because as a lawyer she was not someone you would expect him to date. I wonder if Luke enjoyed the idea of going out with the lawyer of his enemy Taylor. But really he was marking time until he found the courage to do something with Lorelai. It was awful that it ended with Nicole cheating on him. I wish we found out why she did it. If it had something to do with jealousy over Lorelai i want to know. Luke was a loner and that experience was not going to help him open up to people.

I don't think for a second that Nicole cheated on Luke because she was jealous of Lorelai. I think she got passed that issue long before that. I think her major fights with him is because he doesn't know how to communicate with her. Everytime they are having a serious talk he would leave the room and go serve his customers leaving her behind. I know lots of people here love Luke but let's be face it, he makes a lousy boyfriend. He marries Nicole but don't move in with her. He gets divorce but then decide to date her again. The guy doesn't know what he wants. He is in his late 30s and barely knows a thing about being in a serious relationship. I have this theory that he loved Lorelai for 8 years because he thought he would never get together with her. That fantasy gave him joy but it was also safe, that's why he did not want to risk it, that's why his fantasy was so valuable because it was not about to happen. Why else do you explain that he didn't ask her out for 8 years but then when he finally takes a move he intentionally ruined it all because he was too scared.
Same goes with Rachel, he always loved her and wanted to be with her but when that wish came true, he suddenly doesn't want to, because the fantasy became so real and scary.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:25:27 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
stacyface
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2008, 01:40:38 pm »

^ ^ Yes i agree that Nicole did not cheat on Luke because she was jealous of Lorelai, although i don't think we ever found out exactly why she cheated, did we? But Nicole's jealousy was a factor early in their relationship and i couldn't help noticing the same thing came up with Rachel. I felt terrible for Luke when Nicole cheated on him with the sock guy! I always had the feeling Luke was holding out for his dream girl Lorelai and it held him back with his few other girlfriends. He and Lorelai each have their problems when it comes to romance.

cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2008, 03:44:16 pm »

Sidney, I so agree with you.  That is what I have felt  all along.  Luke and Lorelai both don't know how to be in a true committed relationship.  They always find a way to mess them up.  I feel that their was some jealousy for Lorelai in there, too, though.  I feel, too, that she Nicole, was sick of Luke not being their at their townhouse at night.  He kept coming up with excuses to stay in Stars Hollow.  Would have loved to see the two of them, Lorelai and Luke, together and able to put all of their insecurities behind them so that they could have a true, loving relationship.  Married would have been good, too.

gg crazy, I modified it with names.  does that make it more clear?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 11:43:17 am by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
gg crazy
Diner Chef

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2008, 09:31:00 am »

Huh   what?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2008, 11:45:17 am »

gg crazy, if you were confused with my last post, I read through it and it was a bit fuzzy.  I modified it with names so that maybe it is more clear.  I hope so.

I'm sorry about the confusion. Smiley

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2008, 12:06:20 pm »

Don't ya think it's time to root for a Luke/Lorelai baby?

Come on!  With those eyes, her quirks and his butt.  That's going to be a beautiful baby.  Not to mention two cool older sisters to be surrounded by.  Plus, the baby would give Chris the stink eye.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2008, 08:37:26 pm »

I think that it is time for a Luke/Lorelai baby.  That would be so great.  That baby would be so cute.

bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2008, 03:44:41 pm »

There is of course no question about Lorelai as a mom, but i think Luke could make a great dad. He is always so giving to people, from Jess to Kirk to Rory to Liz, and with his own child he would put all his "helpful skills" to full use.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2008, 04:06:52 pm »

Luke has had some girlfriends on the shows even a wife, there was Rachel Trash. There was Nichole Hidden. there was Lorelai Hearts. And there was Aprils swim coach Cry.

But out of all of them i loved Luke and Lorelai they just fit toghter. She made him the happiest man on earth and he made her the happiest women on earth. Plus they had been friends for so long we all knew that one day was going to be there day. Lorelai saw how much luke cared for Rory and how much he liked her in the episode RAINCOATS and RECIPES. Some fans did not like them toghter but all I have to say they ARE made for each other Smitten

Who is yalls favorite girlfriend for luke?

Lorelai of course... wait a minute.

Isn't it Rachel, then Anna Nardini, the Nicole, Lorelai, and April's Swim Coach?

There's a lot of Anna hate because she (and Christopher) kinda broke up Luke and Lorelai.  Anna because she never told Luke about his daughter and tried to get him in trouble over the fact that he wanted Lorelai in April's life. 
Marieke
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 12:17:23 am »

(sorry for my bad english =D especially my grammar)

I don't think that Aprils swim coach was his girlfriend, he dated her once and it was very funny  Grin

and I don't think that it's Annas fault. Lorelai and Luke had to broke up, for example because this whole Lorelai-Christopher-love story wasn't over. Everytime Christopher came back into Lorelais life she felt in love again or at least felt something for him. It was good that Lorelai married Christopher. She found out that he really isn't the right one.
Meanwhile Luke realized that Anna is egoistic and don't want him to be a fahther.
Besides if Luke had known of Annas pregnancy Luke maybe would have wanted to marry her, maybe he never would have fallen in love with Lorelai.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: