Luke's Girlfriends Discussion
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 05:36:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 122231 Members
Latest Member: IRib

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Relationship Threads
| | | |-+  Luke's Girlfriends Discussion
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Luke's Girlfriends Discussion  (Read 22026 times)
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 11:16:13 pm »

I agree with a lot of you: I think Lorelai is his perfect match, but Rachel was really nice too...

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 03:30:02 pm »

Yeah. Oviously Lorelai.
I dont think he really loved any one until Lorelai (he alays loved her) Vise versa.

I agree with a lot of you: I think Lorelai is his perfect match, but Rachel was really nice too...

In "Concert Interruptus", the way Sookie describes it, it does sound like Rachel was Luke's first love, before Lorelai came into his life, or at least the first one that we know of. Lorelai becomes obsessed with the idea that Luke had a great love and bugs Sookie for more info. When Luke talks to Lorelai about it at the end of the ep, it's clear that he did love her, despite the pain that came out of it.

I agree that Rachel was really nice. Really, really nice! She only had one fault that i can think of: She is not Lorelai!
 Smiley

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2007, 12:10:34 am »

Yeah. Oviously Lorelai.
I dont think he really loved any one until Lorelai (he alays loved her) Vise versa.

In "Concert Interruptus", the way Sookie describes it, it does sound like Rachel was Luke's first love, before Lorelai came into his life, or at least the first one that we know of. Lorelai becomes obsessed with the idea that Luke had a great love and bugs Sookie for more info. When Luke talks to Lorelai about it at the end of the ep, it's clear that he did love her, despite the pain that came out of it.

I agree that Rachel was really nice. Really, really nice! She only had one fault that i can think of: She is not Lorelai! Smiley
Cheesy Jim, maybe you could start dating Rachel and give her money for plastic surgery so she could look more like Lorelai  Grin

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2007, 09:46:08 am »

I agree that Rachel was really nice. Really, really nice! She only had one fault that i can think of: She is not Lorelai! Smiley

Cheesy Jim, maybe you could start dating Rachel and give her money for plastic surgery so she could look more like Lorelai  Grin

lol - no i don't think Rachel needs plastic anything. Hey, she's not Kylie Minoque!  Wink But for Luke, that was the only thing wrong with Rachel, even if he did not admit it at the time. Well, he was constantly expecting her to take flight, based on her past actions, but i think that was part of keeping her at arm's length and keeping his Lorelai Options open. It took Rachel to state Luke's feelings about Lorelai before he had the guts to do it himself.

Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2007, 12:50:34 pm »

You're right, Rachel is way more pretty than Kylie Minogue!!!  Grin
Luke was just so scared to face his own feelings! I just saw the episode where Luke and Lorelai are invited to Stars Hollow High school to talk about their business successes. In the end, Jess makes clear to Luke that it's very obvious to everyone that Luke's into Lorelai...  Luke's reaction is just: What are you talking about???

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2007, 11:54:02 am »

... Luke was just so scared to face his own feelings! I just saw the episode where Luke and Lorelai are invited to Stars Hollow High school to talk about their business successes. In the end, Jess makes clear to Luke that it's very obvious to everyone that Luke's into Lorelai...  Luke's reaction is just: What are you talking about???

Luke & Lorelai were each in denial about their feelings for each other for a long time. Jess said it to Luke as though he was stating the obvious, and he was. Likewise, Sookie among others saw it early on. It was silly the way they would each deny their feelings when someone else brought it up. On some level L&L had to have known inside that they were attracted to the other, maybe more so with Luke. For example, in "Lorelai out of water",  I don't think it is a coincidence that Luke asked out Nicole right after he knew that Lorelai was going out with Alex. He must have felt that he can't pine for her forever and if she is going out with other guys, he might as well go out with another woman.

Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2007, 12:36:12 pm »

True, but I feel sorry for those other woman, Luke wasn't searching for a girlfriend, he was searching for someone to replace Lorelai...

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2007, 06:23:52 pm »

True, but I feel sorry for those other woman, Luke wasn't searching for a girlfriend, he was searching for someone to replace Lorelai...

I agree and even with Nicole the "Lorelai issue" became a problem in their relationship. A lot of people don't like Nicole but i don't see any major problem with her. She was not really a good fit for Luke but she did not do anything bad to him either. She realized they made a mistake in rushing into marriage but also saw that they had something potentially good between them. She wanted to "date" rather than get a divorce, looking to see how it would work out. And, whadda yuh know, one of the main reasons it did not work in the end was her jealousy over Lorelai, which Luke of course denied. Nicole was yet another character who openly recognized the L&L attraction before L&L would admit to it!

skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2007, 06:39:54 pm »

I agree and even with Nicole the "Lorelai issue" became a problem in their relationship. A lot of people don't like Nicole but i don't see any major problem with her. She was not really a good fit for Luke but she did not do anything bad to him either. She realized they made a mistake in rushing into marriage but also saw that they had something potentially good between them. She wanted to "date" rather than get a divorce, looking to see how it would work out. And, whadda yuh know, one of the main reasons it did not work in the end was her jealousy over Lorelai, which Luke of course denied. Nicole was yet another character who openly recognized the L&L attraction before L&L would admit to it!

Nicole did nothing to Luke except cheat on him with the "sock guy".   Undecided

Sharon
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 06:49:34 pm by skftex » Logged

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2007, 07:05:54 pm »

Nicole did nothing to Luke except cheat on him with the "sock guy".   Undecided

Sharon

D'oh! Ok, so yer gonna hold that against her?!? Maybe the guy had exceptionally attractive socks!  Wink
Ok, thanks for the reminder. How could i forget poor Luke outside on the curb kicking the vehicle and going to jail for it? Woah, he showed quite a temper! Justifiably, i might add. Wonder what he would have done if he had gone into the apartment and confronted the two of them. He might have stuffed a sock where the sun don't shine....

skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2007, 07:12:46 pm »

No they weren't attractive socks, they had "some kind of weird reinforcment thing in the toe"  Cheesy Cheesy  And a gold stripe or something odd like that.  Not attractive bulk socks like Luke bought.   Roll Eyes

I think the fact that Luke didn't go shove socks and some other things "where the sun don't shine.." showed that while Luke had a temper he controlled it fairly well, other than beating up a car.   Tongue

Sharon

Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 12:44:04 am »

No they weren't attractive socks, they had "some kind of weird reinforcment thing in the toe"  Cheesy Cheesy  And a gold stripe or something odd like that.  Not attractive bulk socks like Luke bought.   Roll Eyes

I think the fact that Luke didn't go shove socks and some other things "where the sun don't shine.." showed that while Luke had a temper he controlled it fairly well, other than beating up a car.   Tongue

Sharon
True, he might have a bad temper, but he stays in control... Maybe it was also cause he knew it wouldn't work out with Nicole... We all know what happened between him and Chris. He isn't in control when it's about Lorelai

gggirlqwe
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2007, 01:41:16 pm »

Luke:What?
Lorilia:Luke, will you marry me?
Luke: what?
           Black out
     (Very end of 5th season!)

lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2008, 11:29:08 am »

I thought Nicole was a pretty big deal. I mean, she was a representative cross-section of all Luke's relationships. Nice girl gets a crush, Luke responds in a low self-esteemy way. Girl blows out her fire trying to get Luke to act out a passion, and eventually becomes frustrated with his emotional distance. After that, it's a matter of time before girl either breaks his heart over her disappointment or cheats to make herself feel attractive again, and Luke gets left in the dust hardly knowing what happened because he did everything she said to do.

Anyway, I thought Nicole deepened Luke up a lot, and highlighted a lot of the implied things that made him undateable at the time. I mean, I agree she was just a placeholder to foil Lorelai, but he had a full relationship with Nicole, and blew it at every step, even though she was obsessed enough with his dank soul to marry him. Giving Luke a shot during the Jess years could have wrecked Lorelai bad.

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2008, 12:46:23 pm »

I enjoyed the early phase of the Luke/Nicole relationship. Funny that it was Jess who needled Luke into asking her out. Jess had a habit of scoffing when Luke would deny his feelings for Lorelai and Luke never acted on it. Luke must have felt less pressure about Nicole because she was not his dream girl. But Luke needed someone at that point. Rachel was long forgotten and he wasn't doing anything about Lorelai.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: