Baby Names: What Would You Call Your Little Nick&Nora?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 02:20:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 122117 Members
Latest Member: MarquitBro

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Baby Names: What Would You Call Your Little Nick&Nora?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Baby Names: What Would You Call Your Little Nick&Nora?  (Read 38213 times)
laya-05
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

There was a moment.

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2006, 02:04:56 pm »

just curious what names everyone likes, or what they would call (have called:)) their children.

personally, i like the names sophie, sophia, anna, emma, april (coincidence? i believe so.) isabelle, talan, ben, luke (another coincidence), ..and well, i like the name georgia too Big O  i know. i know . gigi is such a spoiled brat! but..let me defend myself.

my aunt is pregnant, and the sex is unknown, but we've brainstormed some baby names. their last name is jones, and my uncle suggested Georgia. and we all though georgia jones was an adorable name.

so there. that's my defense. i'll just be sure never to call her..or him, actually..gigi. although..i dont imagine we'd call it georgia if it was a boy. we were definitely thinking georgia for a girl.

anyways, so i was just curious what kind of names you all are in to.

-laya.

oh, and sorry if this has been posted elsewhere or was a previous topic. i'm new and i havent exactly had a chance to explore the site. and also, these are not baby names for luke/lorelai or anything, they're just names for you. although i suppose they COULD be fore L&L..

Undecided

Now that I've worn out, I've worn out the world
I'm on my knees in fascination
Looking through the night
And the moon's never seen me before,
But I'm reflecting light

---

Hit me with a season 8, baby.
SnowPrincess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 05:51:30 pm »

I've always liked the names Lauren and Gabrielle for girls and Caiden and Daniel for boys. Also, my aunts name is Georgia but I call her aunt Gigi for short.

Flyswatter~Spree~Noodie~Lauren Fan~and JavaJunkie above all (Have F.A.I.T.H.)
† † † † † † I support the Great8Mandate!

^ This wonderful banner, was made by Euran, not me.
louise
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 08:18:29 am »

I like Aaron for a boy and Bianca or Kirsten for a girl. My friends name's Ciara, i like that too, but i wouldn't call my child it. Cheesy

and i wonder of all the crazy places i have been, will it ever be as good as sitting here just with a friend?
Canuck
Town Resident

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 10:34:58 am »

Girls: Sofia (with a F and not a 'ph'), Donna and Jane. I like Lara as well; but, people will call her Laura; which is nice, but it's not Lara.

Boys: Boys' names suck. I don't want anything biblical and boring (Michael, Chris, Paul, Peter, John, Luke, etc).

'I am having a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt. WHO would like a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt?
misguided angel
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 11:20:17 am »

My son's name is Damon. He is named after a couple of famous Damons - Damon Hill, the F1 driver & Damon Albarn from Blur/Gorillaz. My husband & I both liked the name, so there was no arguing. If we had had a girl, we probably would have named her Angela, after my mum who passed away when I was 21 (15 yrs ago). His middle name is Luc - this was my husband's choice. I also like Stefanie, Madison, Leia for girls & Ben, Jensen & Jacques for boys.

Smiley
lukelorelaifanatic
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 01:33:13 pm »

Girls: for some reason I have always liked the name MIA like Mia Hamm or Lydia

Boys: Zeke, Ezekiel, Jaiden, or Lucas (not because of Luke, but if I was a guy, my mom was going to name me Lucas or Christopher. Really Really weird and I swear that I am not lying.)

I really want my kids to have different and unique names so that when they are in class the teachers don't have to call them like John S. and John M. so as not to confuse everyone.

They are so meant to be, I mean just look.
Lorelai_Gilmore
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 01:38:50 pm »

Seriously, and I have wanted this for a long time -

Girl - Lorelai Elena

Boy- Charles Jonathan, we would call him CJ
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 05:46:04 am »

My mom wanted to call me Neeltje...:shiffers: Man am I happy she listened to my dad.† Kiss Okay my name still isn't something to jump up an down about, but it's better then Neeltje. Neeltje is to cutesy try getting reaspect at worrk when you are called Neeltje.And well there is a Dutch boat called Neeltje Jacoba, which was a boat used by Dutch criminals so thanks but no thanks. 

Okay maybe a little lame, but my initials are 2x one letter. So when I have a kid he/she will have that as well cause I loved that as a kid. Well unless my future husband hates that of course. I'm thinking Emma Elisabeth for a girl or something. Or JJ, cause my grandmother was called Johanna and I want to call my daughter after the woman who meant/means a lot to me growing up. But I don't do cutesy names, cause it's cute when they are small, but they will hate it when they are like 30 so.

Some names are pure child abuse. I've known a really fat boy and his parents called him Dicky, which in English is already a little funny. But in Dutch it means fatty.† Shocked Roll Eyes Grin So a fat boy called fatty. You can guess how his school years went.† Undecided

Sweet girls name (of a little girl on my block): Madelief...Dutch for Little Daisy. Can you picture her boss calling her into a meeting when she's 30 years old. Love the name....won't do it to my kid though.† † †

And for a boy, well I'm sticking with one really great modern name and the second name will be of a guy in my family: like Willem after my grandfather and uncle.† Smiley Okay I'm waaaaaayyyy to young to think about baby names so I'm gonna leave it at this.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 05:51:15 am by White Onyx » Logged

LORELAI: Oh, donít be embarrassed Snuffy, Iím just teasing. Itíd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

wanderinglilly
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 06:36:25 am »

my mum was going to name me Gabriel and i kind-of like the name but i like what she picked out later better. lydia.
estalita- (weird word) its pronounced "es- ta- lee- ta" I like it because its latin for star. i don't know if i would name my kid that but if i did i would call her lita for short (lee- ta). I havent thought about boys much . probably something like justin or austin , thoughs are used alot though. i love everything novilty so it would be weird. (like estalita! Wink )

love actualy is all around
Shania
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 09:11:32 pm »

for girls names i like Shania or jessica...

boy names i like Mark or Nicholas..

GGsCoffeeCup
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

binks!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 10:34:06 am »

Right now I'm trying to find meaningful names that my boyfriend likes as well.  Family names, flowers we choose for our wedding, place names where those places are important to us, etc.

Brainstorming:

Lily, Lucie, Margaret, Cameron, Alexander, Marie, Violet, John, Francesca, and believe it or not, my own name...Caroline.  I might pull a Lorelai and name my daughter after myself.  Rory would be a great nickname for her too! Wink

aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 21

--> Aryan . The . Apprentice <-- in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 11:13:52 am »

I would have named a kid: Lena - from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. But my dad's friends son named thier kid that, i would feel bad for the kid who has teh same name as a member in that family (they are a little annoyin)lol.

I like lorelai actually.

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 --. it
Jaredlover
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 11:30:31 am »

I like Julian For a Boy and Katelyn for a Girl. I also like Matthew for a Boy and Amy for a Girl. But my two fav. names r Aidan and Caleb for Boys and for Girls I love Charlie-Rose and Bailey. But I can't use Matthew for a boy because thats my boyfriends name and I hate when there r Jrs.
Nene
Diner Regular

Community Points: 39

Vina Morales as Elvira Aragoncillo Alicante

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 06:52:58 pm »

Girl: Anastasia,Arabella,Grace, and Nadia

Boy: I can't think of any. I won't like to have a boy.

.:~*Susan*:.
Visit my blog!
anna
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 01:28:43 am »

Adam for a boy and for a girl Charlotte, Charlie for short.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: