The lovely town of Stars Hallow Appreciation Thread!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 06:22:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 122524 Members
Latest Member: wucugfxmbk

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  The lovely town of Stars Hallow Appreciation Thread!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: The lovely town of Stars Hallow Appreciation Thread!  (Read 16635 times)
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 29, 2005, 03:26:44 pm »

Here's your chance to talk about all of your favorite Stars Hallow characters on The Gilmore Girls! Grin

« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 06:53:31 pm by kaylarox » Logged

coffeegilmoregirl
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 07:17:08 am »

All the characters are so... Stars Hollowy! I love how everyone
knows everyone elses business. I love when there are town events,
you can always count on laughing when Miss Patty, Babbet, Kirk, Taylor, and
all the others are around. And the town also seems so familiar. I'm sure that
many of us have the same type of characters where we grew up. And Stars Hollow
has so many memories. Like, the lake where Luke pushed Jess in, Doosey's Market where
Rory had her first kiss...and so on. It's a lot like the town where I live, every place has a
certain memory....
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 07:21:31 am »

Gotta love a small town like SH. My town use to be like that, but it's being eaten alive by the city next to us. Everybody knows everybody. That's what I love about SH...the smalltown feeling. 

LORELAI: Oh, donít be embarrassed Snuffy, Iím just teasing. Itíd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

Valentina
Town Resident

Community Points: 27

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 09:06:00 am »

Gotta love a small town like SH. My town use to be like that, but it's being eaten alive by the city next to us. Everybody knows everybody. That's what I love about SH...the smalltown feeling.

I agree, I love Stars Hollow and I want to live there! It's possibile?!?  Wink

I love GILMORE GIRLS
White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 09:14:02 am »

It really is possible, but you get a whole lot off cliche's too. Like small town people are dumb, are all farmers etc. But upside, we have hardly any crime, no intergration problems cause the people that didn't originaly come from the netherlands act and feel like Dutchies here and are treated like it because of it. Everybody knows everybody.....and talks about everybody.  Roll Eyes Shocked Angry Sad Grin ....usually completely untrue.     Grin Grin Grin

Valentina
Town Resident

Community Points: 27

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 09:50:41 am »

It's true! In small town people talks about everybody and this is not a good thing!

I love GILMORE GIRLS
White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 09:59:47 am »

Tell me about it, but it's funny though. 4 years ago I had a white summerjacket and worked after school at a local reabilitation/nursing home (office work). Well my entire street talked about the 'fact' that I was a nurse. Okay I am the helping kind so it's not that far fetched, but the idea of me changing someone's bedpan or being around really sick people makes me sick so.... Roll Eyes Grin

Ohh well at least the gossip about me is still positive. I have a guy living near my house who's always drunk and well according to people he use to have a wife who he locked in a closet so she left him. Probably not true, but well that doesn't make the guy less scary.

Lorein_ARG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 09:38:40 pm »

I think that most small towns are gossipy, in big cities I think it also happens but only with groups of neighbors or communities (school, workplaces, sports clubs...). (Not the whole city, I's impossible!!!!)
Anyway, I think (I hope) no town in the world makes a town meeting about dinner-owner and inn-owner dating!!!

Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing.
White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 05:04:14 am »

No that's true. I never realised the difference between a small town and a city as much as when I went to the universaty....turns out many of my classmates didn't even know who lives next door to them.  Shocked Undecided

Lorein_ARG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 11:10:30 am »

Well, that is also right! I live in a very huge building and I donīt know who lives next door to me. But then it happens that my neighbors know a lot about me! (my schedule, who do i live with, when did I move...) There is when i say that there is no such difference. But I also think that there are more differences than coincidences.
Back on thread... I'd love to live in Stars Hollow, the weather seems nice, it has a lake, camping places, a dance teacher, and something in the air makes all Starshollowers crazy! I just love that

Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing.
White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 11:12:38 am »

Maybe they put something in the water.† Cheesy Grin

EDIT: Freaky my posts are 666. † † †

Wink Grin

WEIRD, my karma is 55 and my posts just beneath it is 666. SO WEIRD! Maybe I should re-name myself '4' and complete the weirdness.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 11:18:45 am by White Onyx » Logged

pattypoet
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 09:41:37 pm »

One of the things I like most about SH is that it's always decorated for some reason.  An episode that I'm pulling out of my memory bank is when it was around thanksgiving, and rory was dressed up as a pilgrim in the center of town.
roryg fan
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 78

in omnia paratus (after a coffee fix)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 06:54:33 am »

I'm a city girl. I love big cities. I like anonymity (sp??).  I love the culture! I love the diversity!

For vacation, instead of the beach, you will likely find me in a city....Boston, DC, NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, Tokyo, Vienna, Munich, Firenze, Rome, Barcelona, Paris, London!   Cities are great and can be very much like having a bunch of little towns (neighborhoods) stuck together!

But, I think I might like Stars Hollow...it is so quaint.  I would love hanging out at Luke's counter for coffee, having lunch at the Inn, or reading in the gazebo..though Taylor and Kirk would drive me nuts.  Ha!  Cheesy  I would be right there with Luke and Lorelai trying to steal the clapper from the bell tower!

The thing that makes Stars Hollow great is its proximity to Yale and Hartford and Boston....I could do small village if a university town was not far away...university often = culture and diversity.

Java , Chocolate , Reading & Gilmore Girl addict
GiGi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

Gilmore Girl forever.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 05:56:23 pm »

I'm such a country girl...i love the town where i'm from ...in fact it's so small it's mostly my family in it..lol just kidding...but we don't have the 'characters' that stars hollow does...it would be nice to live in a place that has something new and different everyday...we seem to have the same old same old...but i suppose that's a good thing...either way i'll take it.

Phenobarbidol
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 11:13:48 am »

I Love Stars Hallow!
And I really do want to live there. I wish I could just jump into the TV and move right in.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: