Emily Gilmore / Kelly Bishop Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 05:21:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476535 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Emily Gilmore / Kelly Bishop Appreciation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Emily Gilmore / Kelly Bishop Appreciation  (Read 61400 times)
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2007, 02:38:24 am »

If Emily is as proud as we think then she won't show us that she likes the attention. It just doesn't work that way! So I think this is either a mistake by the writers or Emily is not as proud as she want us to believe and in the later case that opens a whole new Emily for us!!

Emily doesn't hold compliments out on Rory but Lorelai is a lost case for her. Cool But I like what you said that Emily is human "sometimes" that's funny and harsh but she sure deserved it.

I'm not surprised that Emily shows she likes the attention becaues even Mighty Emily can show a little girlish charm once in a while. It's so rare when she lets down her guard, why not when she is being charmed by a young man? If she had not reacted to the young waiter in Europe who fawned over her, then you might as well cast her in bronze and get it over with. As for her reaction to Michel, perhaps they understand each other on a snarky wavelength that non-snarky people can never understand.  Wink

I think it was nice the way she and Michel get along, it shows even if you are snarky you'll find a friend. Circle of life or something like that!! Luckily I don't understand the "how" part of how they get along so I am a non snarky person! Wink

Emily did let her guard down few times but that was in her extreme condition of stress or loss but in her good conditions she's the kind of person who if you gave a compliment will left her head up saying " I know"  or something like that. That's how I think of her anyway.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2007, 08:24:11 am »

... Emily did let her guard down few times but that was in her extreme condition of stress or loss but in her good conditions she's the kind of person who if you gave a compliment will left her head up saying " I know"  or something like that. That's how I think of her anyway.

Emily is generally that kind of person, though it might occasionally depend on who is complimenting her. There were elements of her Hartford society to whom she looked up to. For example, the Huntzbergers. Just the fact that Logan was a Huntzberger made him a prime piece of meat for Rory to sink her teeth into, in Emily's eyes. But for the most part she would consider herself the superior to most people giving her a compliment.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2007, 09:48:03 am »

Emily is generally that kind of person, though it might occasionally depend on who is complimenting her. There were elements of her Hartford society to whom she looked up to. For example, the Huntzbergers. Just the fact that Logan was a Huntzberger made him a prime piece of meat for Rory to sink her teeth into, in Emily's eyes. But for the most part she would consider herself the superior to most people giving her a compliment.

You made me think of something (although it might be the opposite of what you said). Emily doesn't care for the compliments given to her by the Hartford society. Because she knows very well they are just saying it to be polite. But when she receives compliments from normal people she hardly knows- like the waiter in Europe- she just loves it.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2007, 08:16:23 am »

You made me think of something (although it might be the opposite of what you said). Emily doesn't care for the compliments given to her by the Hartford society. Because she knows very well they are just saying it to be polite. But when she receives compliments from normal people she hardly knows- like the waiter in Europe- she just loves it.

Another way of saying they are being polite is to say they are being phony. Emily no doubt will return a compliment of some sort, just to be "poilite", and everyone will look at each other with phony smiles on their faces. I believe Emily has genuine friends in her Hartford circle, but there is an air of formality that goes along with it.

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2007, 01:55:40 pm »

Another way of saying they are being polite is to say they are being phony. Emily no doubt will return a compliment of some sort, just to be "poilite", and everyone will look at each other with phony smiles on their faces. I believe Emily has genuine friends in her Hartford circle, but there is an air of formality that goes along with it.

I have to argue about that. I do not believe she has genuine friends... when Emily and Richard were seperated she said she didn't tell anyone and had trouble finding someone to hang out with at 7 pm or 9 pm that she ended up spending her time with Paris in Asher's awake.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 02:01:43 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2007, 04:47:47 pm »

I have to argue about that. I do not believe she has genuine friends... when Emily and Richard were seperated she said she didn't tell anyone and had trouble finding someone to hang out with at 7 pm or 9 pm that she ended up spending her time with Paris in Asher's awake.

Not even Tweeny Halpern?   Grin Or the other wonderful DAR women? Yeah, it's sad but i think you're right! Sidney, maybe you'll have to be Emily's friend. You seem to understand her and to be sympathetic to her cause!

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2007, 07:01:55 pm »

Not even Tweeny Halpern?   Grin Or the other wonderful DAR women? Yeah, it's sad but i think you're right! Sidney, maybe you'll have to be Emily's friend. You seem to understand her and to be sympathetic to her cause!

Maybe I should.. I do have a favor to repay her. Cool I am ok with the idea so long as there 30 miles between us.
You know, Emily isn't so bad. I often think Emily is just a kid. You just have to know how to deal with her. I think Lane would be perfect for the job. She might even enjoy being a Gilmore!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 07:05:01 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2007, 07:23:53 pm »

Maybe I should.. I do have a favor to repay her. Cool I am ok with the idea so long as there 30 miles between us.
You know, Emily isn't so bad. I often think Emily is just a kid. You just have to know how to deal with her. I think Lane would be perfect for the job. She might even enjoy being a Gilmore!

lol - Thirty miles may not be enough! The way to deal with Emily is on her terms. Do as she says and all will be peaceful. I think Lane would run in horror from the Gilmore household. She would have her hidden floorboards and her psychedelic closet until the day she couldn't take it anymore and ran off to Star's Hollow.

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2007, 09:33:33 pm »

lol - Thirty miles may not be enough! The way to deal with Emily is on her terms. Do as she says and all will be peaceful. I think Lane would run in horror from the Gilmore household. She would have her hidden floorboards and her psychedelic closet until the day she couldn't take it anymore and ran off to Star's Hollow.

Or let her think you are doing what she wants and all will be peaceful. Most things in life go with with compromise anyway.

I can't believe you prefer living with Mrs. Kim to Emily Gilmore. That is just insane! With the way Emily keeps busy with her obligations and trips you won't have to see her much. Beside her house has like 13 secret exits. Cool

Hey, I read Star's Hollow as Star Buck's!! Cool
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 11:13:25 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2007, 03:43:44 am »

I love watching my mum watch Gilmore girls, because she absolutely loves Emily. It makes it fun ^_^

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2007, 04:54:05 am »

One thing to appreciate about Emily is that she's always eager to be part of Lorelai's life unlike Richard who never seemed to care or make an effort. We've seen Emily in more than one occasion tries to bond with Lorelai like in "There's The Rub".

Alexandria
Town Resident

Community Points: 28

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2008, 07:07:08 pm »

Does anyone know what Kelly Bishop has been up to since GG ended? I was watching the Emily in Wonderland episode and realized what an amazing actress she is. She made Emily Gilmore such a complex person, someone you hated at time and someone you cheered on or sympathized with at other times.
nicgc1
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2008, 02:23:17 am »

I think emily is hilarious!!! she makes me laugh in every episode. one of my fave characters
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2008, 04:11:45 pm »

I just want to make note that it's Kelly Bishop's birthday today and I want to wish her a happy B-day. 
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2008, 09:17:53 pm »

Oh, I didn't know that! Happy B-day to a great actress!!!!

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: