A Gilmore Girls spinoff would you watch?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 07:43:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 118366 Members
Latest Member: ECIGARETTEDaync

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  A Gilmore Girls spinoff would you watch?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: A Gilmore Girls spinoff would you watch?  (Read 13457 times)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2007, 01:22:46 am »

I don't honestly think that I'd watch a spin-off of the Gilmore Girls. I don't think that I'd get into and don't know that I'd even want to. I'd love to see what someone has to say creatively about Lorelai's early years but very much appreciated what the Gilmore Girls gave us, though that was quite small. I don't know that I could really think of anything "spin=off" worthy to have a show and then, don't know that I'd watch it anyway. Perhaps that's just me being funny because I know it's not trying to be the Gilmore Girls but yet, I couldn't watch it because it relates to the Gilmore Girls...but isn't the Gilmore Girls. Gosh, I'm odd and it's late! So sorry!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2007, 01:36:45 am »

^^I think I get you
I think there is nothing to spin off. Even though GG is about Lorelai and Rory's relationship, it is about other characters and has measured quantities of their stories. But frankly, watching about just Kirk's life, or just Babette's life, or even just Lorelai without Rory wouldn't make that good a show.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2007, 01:42:59 am »

Agreed! When they were talking about just doing the show (GG) without Rory or Lorelai (can't remember which one at the moment), I thought "well then just don't do the show" because it wouldn't be the Gilmore Girls! Thanks for saying what I struggled to say, Seni! Smiley

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
JESSisHOT
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

Random word: Corn.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2007, 11:44:47 am »

i really get what you mean, but i think that kirk (the charactor) should write a memoir. It would be soo funny.

Woo-hoo! Gilmore Girls Roxs!
go to http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate
Must stop the cancelation of Gilmore Girls!!
 You can learn a lot about someone by looking through their trash.
RXJ
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

SIGMAdelta

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2007, 05:04:38 pm »

I read that there is going to be a Jess spin-off about the time he spent in LA? with his dad.

"Windward Circle"
The WB was originally going to continue Jess's storyline in a spin-off called "Windward Circle". In this new show, Jess works on building his relationship with his estranged father and befriends a bunch of California skateboarders. The Gilmore Girls episode 3.21 "Here Comes the Son" acted as a backdoor pilot for the show. It was originally picked up as a mid-season show, set for January of 2004. However, the network cancelled the show before it aired, citing high production costs to shoot on location in Venice Beach as the reason.

It was cancelled  Embarrassed nooo....

There should be a spin-off bout Mory and Babette. Smiley

How bout a spin-off about Michel??

Lorelai: The Early Years is a good idea too. In the episode where Sherry gave birth, there were already small glimpses into her past via flashbacks...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 05:08:57 pm by RXJ » Logged

Flame Flame
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2007, 06:39:21 pm »

Heck yeah I think they should do a spin off! More than likely it will be the stars hollow folks. You know, Babbette, Miss Patty, Sookie. etc. Maybe even Lane and Mrs. Kim

Augustus
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2007, 12:20:30 pm »

Nah.  A spinoff would never be the same.  I'd just want another season --- even half a sesason or movie, to finish off the show properly, but that's not going to happen.  *sigh*
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2007, 02:48:52 pm »

Well I agree about the spin off will never be the same, but it's better than no GG at all. What we have now. Cry

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2007, 08:57:55 pm »

i really get what you mean, but i think that kirk (the charactor) should write a memoir. It would be soo funny.

Haha! I think that would be great! Maybe an internet or Podcast type of thing, but not dedicated to a whole season show. It would be hilarious though! Smiley

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Augustus
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2007, 11:09:48 pm »

Nah.  A spinoff would never be the same.  I'd just want another season --- even half a sesason or movie, to finish off the show properly, but that's not going to happen.  *sigh*

I suppose that's true.  I just can't really think of something that would be satisfying...Loralei: the early years...was the best suggestion so far in my opinion. 
Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2008, 08:07:58 pm »

Very good idea
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2008, 05:34:53 am »

This thread seems dead!
C'mon peopel! There has to be more ideas. I don't know why though, Lol.
they could do a spinoff about Rory. Like, it would follow her job, and Lorelai would be in it when Rory goes to visit her. I probably would watch that. 

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
gg crazy
Diner Chef

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2008, 06:04:31 pm »

I..guess Huh

darkstarx9x
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2008, 08:15:29 pm »

My mom and I had this great idea.  I saw it earlier in the posts so some of us are on the same wavelength.  The early years of Lorelai.  I would love to see Rory grow up and you wouldn't need Alexis.  You might need Lauren, but I doubt it.  You could just have a very young Lorelai.  and a young Luke!  and  little Lane!  I would definitely watch that.  I would love to see how it all began.  You could still have all the town people and Lorelai and Rory would still be the main characters.  I think it could reallly work.  And we'd get our Gilmore Girls back!
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2008, 08:52:27 pm »

I would luv that! i miss having a show that i constantly want to watch. Greys anatomy just isnt cutting it for me anymore.  Wink   
Plus who hasnt at one time thought about what lorelai did after she left her parents that night when all she left was note.

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: