A Gilmore Girls spinoff would you watch?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 03:02:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 115336 Members
Latest Member: DSquires

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  A Gilmore Girls spinoff would you watch?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: A Gilmore Girls spinoff would you watch?  (Read 13337 times)
chasbo28
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2007, 09:56:51 pm »

If this is the final season for Gilmore Girls and they wanted one more season to finish up everyone's story from the show and it could be called  "Stars Hollow" Would fans watch it?  I think it would be neat if that came true and it would be a better way to say goodbye to this great show.  If they could get Lauren, Alexis, Richard and Kelly to come back for at least 5-10 episodes and close out the show the proper way instead of rushing through it.

You could use the beginning eposides to get more in depth on the other characters we love.  There still is Kirk/Lulu, Miss Patty could retire and get married and move away, Luke and April, Jackson and Sookie, Michel could get married.  We could see how Paris starts her career and gets married. You have Lane and Zach.  Plus you could do something with Taylor, Andrew, Gypsy and others.  There could be a lot of stories to tell still.

Fun idea or very lame?

__NaddeL__
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 12:47:03 am »

If this is really the final season i think your idee would be so great. Because I hate open ends would this be the best way to say goodbye!!! I would watch it definitely!!!
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 33

Mick Jagger! Where is that dratted bell?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 09:07:22 am »

I've always said to my family (because they are the only ones that listen, and only sometimes) that there should at least be a half season or so to wrap things up. But if that's not possible, I would definitely watch a spin-off. Of course I would watch a spin-off! Even if it was kinda crappy, I'd have to see what happens.

Fingers crossed for the Gilmore movie!!
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 09:12:48 am »

Yeah, definatly. It's really a good idea...but...they could do the same thing in the original GG, just add a couple of extra episodes or something. There's no need for a spin off in my opinion.
But if there would be one I would watch it

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 307

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:30:48 am »

I'd definitely would watch it, even if it tured out to be awful. lol

Though I think that Gilmore Girls can survive without Alexis.  haha I know that sounds weird because she is 1/2 of the Gilmore Girls, but the show has been evolving and she can have her guest appeariances.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 10:20:41 am »

Hey anything is better than nothing right??? I'd watch it... there are still alot of interesting characters with interesting plot lines... it would be sad to say goodbye to the girls but... id rather be able to see how some of their lives progress then none of them...

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

TimK
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 05:04:53 pm »

Well, I would watch at least one episode. Whether I would watch more depends on how much I like it.

Frankly, I'm more interested in The Return of Jezebel James and in the future work of Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, and the other stars of Gilmore Girls.

-TimK

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 05:06:49 pm »

Well, I would watch at least one episode. Whether I would watch more depends on how much I like it.

Frankly, I'm more interested in The Return of Jezebel James and in the future work of Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, and the other stars of Gilmore Girls.

-TimK

whats "The Return of Jezebel James"? And.. do you mean that your not interested in a season 8.. or not in a spinoff?

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 05:10:12 pm »

If there was no Season 8, and they had a spin-off, I'd definitely watch it..... but it would be a little bit bitter.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
gina123
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 10:04:51 am »

I would definately watch it, although I have my doubts as to it's success.
clumsy_cardhouse
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 25

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 10:02:57 pm »

If they had a spin-off about the town of Stars Hollow, I'd so watch it! Mainly to see how Lane and Zach would handle raising twins!  Cheesy

Dave- "What we need is a name."
Brian- "I made my suggestion."
Zach- "Yeah, and we vetoed the Harry Potters. Next."
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 06:55:53 am »

If they had a spin-off about the town of Stars Hollow, I'd so watch it! Mainly to see how Lane and Zach would handle raising twins! Cheesy

That and to see Sookie and Jackson with another baby!

Maybe Lulu and Kirk could get married....  Huh

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 10:49:25 am »

If there was a spinoff, I would probably watch it. I don't think it would nearly as good as the original GG. But I would give it a shot. It would be really weird to have only one of the Gilmore gals and not the other... very strange... I wonder what they would call the show though. Stars Hollow? Or Luke & Lor? I don't know. It's something to think about. I just know that when my beloved GG does leave the airwaves I will be one sad girl.  Cry I grew up on this show. I watched it all through high school and all through college. Now that I live on my own I'm so thankful that I can use the rabbit ears on my teeny tiny tv set to get clear reception from the CW channel. WOO HOO! It's all about the small stuff peeps!  Grin

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
TimK
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 11:55:11 pm »

whats "The Return of Jezebel James"? And.. do you mean that your not interested in a season 8.. or not in a spinoff?
I am way interested in season 8! I love GG and would continue watching it forever.

A spinoff could be interesting, but it's the kind of thing that would have to be handled well. Most of the characters add flavor to GG. But Lauren and Alexis do most of the work. Their characters make the show. So a spinoff about Luke and Lorelai, for example, I'd definitely watch that, and it would have to be pretty bad for me not to like it. But a spinoff about Lane and Zack, it could be good or it could be bad. It depends on how the new show's writers would handle the transition, Lane and Zack transforming from secondary and tertiary characters into primary characters.

That said, the spinoff is a great tradition of great shows. (Or at least it used to be.) And it has worked before.

The Return of Jezebel James is Amy Sherman-Palladino's new pilot she's doing for Fox, starring Parker Posie and Lauren Ambrose. I also understand Scott Cohen (who played Max Medina) has signed on for the part of the boyfriend. Since GG, I'm a huge fan of Amy Sherman-Palladino's work. So I'm very interested in her next project.

-TimK

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 02:46:27 pm »

The Return of Jezebel James is Amy Sherman-Palladino's new pilot she's doing for Fox, starring Parker Posie and Lauren Ambrose. I also understand Scott Cohen (who played Max Medina) has signed on for the part of the boyfriend. Since GG, I'm a huge fan of Amy Sherman-Palladino's work. So I'm very interested in her next project.

-TimK

Thanks for clarifying.... Im quite intrigued.... I love her work as well!!! You rock!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: