6.11 - The Perfect Dress
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2014, 11:28:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 104440 Members
Latest Member: BradleyPret

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.11 - The Perfect Dress
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print
Author Topic: 6.11 - The Perfect Dress  (Read 46862 times)
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2007, 09:05:19 am »

I am so happy someone noticed that! It's been bugging me for a while now! I tried to look up who the actress was online but I couldnt find it anywhere. I didn't want to post that and have it be a different actress, then I would just feel silly! This a dumb question but did you like her better as Jess' dad's gf or as Anna? I personally liked her better with the bonde hair and hippy head scarf thing.

lorelai leigh
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2007, 07:29:06 am »

i dont like anna but she looks prettier than sasha (that's her name, isnt it??)
i cant understand anna's behaviour when lorelai helped with april's party!!!
how stupid can someone be and fuss about something like that!!!
well i dont like her anyway, though i dont know why...perhaps cause she's so pretty and i was afraid,
luke could fall in love with her.... Huh
what do you think about anna??

Hearts lorelai leigh xxxx

kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2007, 07:41:02 am »

I get why Anna is so over-protective, she is a single Mom and she has a right to know who her daughter is with. However, if she trusts Luke she should trust him to surround himself and April with good people.

murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2007, 11:52:36 pm »

ahah when my mum first saw Anna she said "ohh that's Jess's dad's girlfriend" and I was like "No it's not mum! as if it is" and she kept insisting it was and I was like "no way!"  ahah and i just looked it up and realised it is! Ooops LOL

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

BonVoyage1
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Seven Years in Love

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2007, 06:56:01 pm »

Angry I dont know why but something about Ana I never liked. Im glad that the writer never had Ana and Luke get back together, that would have been stupid!

Rory: Look how you just said, "Luke can waltz."
Lorelai: What, I'm just saying, I'm surprised that Luke can waltz.
Rory: That sounded more like, "I'm surprised I still have my clothes on."
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2007, 12:16:53 pm »

I never really liked ana either
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2007, 06:54:24 am »

I dunno anna had a spirit that I could see Luke falling for. I dunno why. I am a JJ but still I could see that 13 years ago luke and anna could have been together.

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
JMARCH
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2007, 08:05:46 pm »

Did anyone else think Logan's appearing and declaring his love was a lot like Jess appearing and declaring his love?   

Jess's ILY was completely different to Logan's. Jess said it, not because he wanted to get back with Rory, but because he'd kept it inside for so long, and wanted to free himself from it before he left. Logan only said ILY because he thought by saying it, he could win Rory over. He was desperate and didn't know what else to do.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2008, 03:07:57 pm »

It's good that Rory and Lorelai are back together and did the Atlantic City thing.

Lorelai, finding the perfect dress and everything falling into place. 

Paris and Doyle doing Krav Maga... oh man, they're a hoot. 

Rory's breakdown in therapy, that was funny.  "Oh my God, I can't drink coffee anymore and I love coffee" 

Logan's "I Love You" was just him wanting to make up but that didn't work.  When Jess said it, he meant it.  It's just too bad that they can't really be together since Luke & Lorelai might be getting married... again (if they want to in Virtual Season 9). 

Lane going nuts and becoming like her mom was funny.  It was great to see her and Mrs. Kim drinking and taking shots at the end. 

Anna Nardini... I know it's weird to see Sherilyn Fenn back on the show when her previous appearance was in Season 4 as Jess' dad's girlfriend.  Here, she is in her natural look (and still looks good).  Of course, Luke would've gone for someone like her.  The look in Luke's face when he sees those pictures of April at her website was... it was getting dusty in there.  Luke deciding he wants to have a relationship with his daughter is definitely a bold step in his life.  Yet, he was about to tell Lorelai until he saw her in the wedding dress.  Damn... he just has bad timing and well, it would provide what would become the implosion of their relationship Pt. 2. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:09:32 pm by thevoid99 » Logged
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2008, 08:44:10 am »

Look who's back,
why i believe it is those adorable gilmore girls.

lol. i love this episode. i'm not completely sure why, it's just another great episode. i was just so happy rory and lorelai made up and did end up going to atlantic city for rory's 21 bday!  Cheesy

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2008, 11:45:21 pm »

Logan's "I Love You" was just him wanting to make up but that didn't work.  When Jess said it, he meant it. 

I think that's a tad harsh. Ok Logan's did have an air of desperation to it but I saw that as he didn't want to lose her. You can't say that he didn't mean it. If he didn't why would he have tried so hard to get her back. Plenty of guys would have given up but he didn't.
As for Jess, he said it to unburden himself before he left. Which was actually quite cruel - like when you tell someone something that you know will upset him but will make you feel better, and you do it regardless. What did he think she'd do with that info? Take comfort in the fact that he's left 3 times now but it's ok because he "loves" her?
flowergirl321
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2009, 01:51:14 pm »

Her dress was beautiful it just sucks that they didn't get married though.
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2009, 10:03:02 am »

Logan loves Rory...UGH!

Luke is gettin on my nerves, TELL HER ALREADY!

Paris and Doyle...LMAO!
I LUV JESS~!!
Inn Chef

Community Points: 598

Hey

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2009, 05:29:38 pm »

When Jess said it, he meant it.  It's just too bad that they can't really be together since Luke & Lorelai might be getting married... again (if they want to in Virtual Season 9). 
A lot of people think that it'd be so wrong for Jess and Rory to get together after Luke and Lorelai are married, but why? If Lorelai and Luke were married since Rory and Jess were kids and they grew up like family, then I'd understand why it'd be gross. But they didn't. There would be no blood relation whatsoever and they were together once before so I really don't see the problem.

As for Jess, he said it to unburden himself before he left. Which was actually quite cruel - like when you tell someone something that you know will upset him but will make you feel better, and you do it regardless. What did he think she'd do with that info? Take comfort in the fact that he's left 3 times now but it's ok because he "loves" her?

Since there's no way to be definite with his intentions, if that were true, would it be out of the question to be understanding about his situation? He was a kid, wasn't graduating, and to top it off, his dad, whom he's never met, showed up for a surprise visit. He was overwhelmed. Was he right to just take off? No, but is it possible that he really does love her and his his telling her that wasn't some kind of selfish act? If he didn't then he would have no reason to show at her dorm later in the season to ask her to go away with him (since he would have then been burden free if that were his intention). My reasoning for him driving away after telling her he loved her is that he's a proud guy. He believed the moment he told her that, "the ball was in her court".

Brenda Hearts
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight Hearts x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2009, 01:42:54 pm »

Ok so i loved the atlantic city thing! and the picture they brought back for luke to see that was funny! is it just me or did that dress look weird on lorelai cause i think it did.
It's good that Rory and Lorelai are back together and did the Atlantic City thing.

Lorelai, finding the perfect dress and everything falling into place. 

Paris and Doyle doing Krav Maga... oh man, they're a hoot. 

Rory's breakdown in therapy, that was funny.  "Oh my God, I can't drink coffee anymore and I love coffee" 

Logan's "I Love You" was just him wanting to make up but that didn't work.  When Jess said it, he meant it.  It's just too bad that they can't really be together since Luke & Lorelai might be getting married... again (if they want to in Virtual Season 9). 

Lane going nuts and becoming like her mom was funny.  It was great to see her and Mrs. Kim drinking and taking shots at the end. 

Anna Nardini... I know it's weird to see Sherilyn Fenn back on the show when her previous appearance was in Season 4 as Jess' dad's girlfriend.  Here, she is in her natural look (and still looks good).  Of course, Luke would've gone for someone like her.  The look in Luke's face when he sees those pictures of April at her website was... it was getting dusty in there.  Luke deciding he wants to have a relationship with his daughter is definitely a bold step in his life.  Yet, he was about to tell Lorelai until he saw her in the wedding dress.  Damn... he just has bad timing and well, it would provide what would become the implosion of their relationship Pt. 2. 
I know right!!! i never thought mrs. kim would do shots![/color]

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: