6.11 - The Perfect Dress
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 12:56:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114080 Members
Latest Member: Pr4msjca4t

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.11 - The Perfect Dress
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: 6.11 - The Perfect Dress  (Read 47826 times)
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2006, 08:13:50 pm »

Feeling that he has missed too much and wants to get to know his newly discovered daughter April, Luke goes to have a talk with her mother, his former girlfriend Anna Nardini (guest star Fenn). Meanwhile, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) sets a date for the wedding after finding the perfect dress, but she is worried by the nagging feeling that something is about to go wrong. Back at Yale, Rory (Alexis Bledel) happily moves into a dingy off-campus apartment with Paris (Lisa Weil) and Doyle (Danny Strong), and tries to avoid running into Logan (Matt Czuchry). However, when Logan shows up at her apartment and declares his love for her, Rory breaks down.

The episode was written by Amy Sherman-Palladino and directed by Jamie Babbit.

To discuss preview information from the promo, please go the Assorted Previews thread, found here.  Please don't discuss preview info here since they are sort of like spoilers to some people.

Remember, no spoilers, either here or in the Preview thread.  To discuss spoilers, please go to the Spoiler board, found here.

If you missed the episode and want to find someone who can help you get a copy of it, please go to the Tape Trading thread, found here.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 06:40:22 pm by Summer » Logged

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
landalookalike
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 08:55:56 am »

Feeling that he has missed too much and wants to get to know his newly discovered daughter April, Luke goes to have a talk with her mother, his former girlfriend Anna Nardini (guest star Fenn). Meanwhile, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) sets a date for the wedding after finding the perfect dress, but she is worried by the nagging feeling that something is about to go wrong. Back at Yale, Rory (Alexis Bledel) happily moves into a dingy off-campus apartment with Paris (Lisa Weil) and Doyle (Danny Strong), and tries to avoid running into Logan (Matt Czuchry). However, when Logan shows up at her apartment and declares his love for her, Rory breaks down.

Please note that this thread is mainly for use after this episode has aired (countdowns are still fun).† This is a relatively new system and we would appreciate it if you could help us break it in

To discuss preview information from the paragraph above or from a promo, please go the Assorted Previews thread, found here.† Please don't discuss preview info here since they are sort of like spoilers to some people.

Remember, no spoilers, either here or in the Preview thread.† To discuss spoilers, please go to the Spoiler board, found here.

If you missed the episode and want to find someone who can help you get a copy of it, please go to the Tape Trading thread, found here.

Thanks! See you on Tuesday!

when was that on and how did i miss it Cry

I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS!!!!!!
beaches4me
Stars Hollow Tourist

Thanks GF.com forthe great pics!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 09:08:13 am »

Include me in the 'unknowing' also. I thought it was supposed to be on this week but missed it somehow IF it was on. I live on the East Coast, VA, if anyone knows if the time or day or both has changed for when it is supposed to be on (please let me know)....I so wished I had seen it if it had been on!!

Margo

~Thanks Krisleigh for the great siggie!!~
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 08:09:49 pm »

Well you had to figure Logan and Rory were gunna talk at some point. Now the question is is Rory gunna go back to him?

Luke has every right in the world to wanna get to know April and I think its dumb of Anna not to of told Luke. He would of stepped up.

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

nikki

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 10:44:43 pm »

Hello everyone,

1) Please stop posting on this thread until January 10th when the show airs.  As I mentioned in the first post, all pre-episode discussions should occur on the Assorted Previews thread.

2) No, you did not miss a show.  This is the preview summary that the WB posted on their website for the January 10th show.

3) See you Tuesday! Smiley

landalookalike
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 11:26:56 am »

I cannot wait Grin!!!!! i want it to be on NOW Smiley

I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS!!!!!!
thnuggs
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 02:05:47 pm »

I just wished Anna would not be Lukes daughter, how could ASP do that  Sad and why Sherilyn Fenn? couldn't they get some unknown actress I don't miss stars on the show.  Roll Eyes

LORELAI: I mean, Luke is a man. With man parts, we think.
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 02:11:22 pm »

Not to be a total pain in the ass, but can someone explain to me why this thread is open. You can't discuss spoiler or spec's here and the title 'the perfect dress' is already a spoiler. So shouldn't this wait this after the episode has aired. Or is there some other reason why this thread is open. Please help me to get this, cause I'm a little clueless today. Thanks.

LORELAI: Oh, donít be embarrassed Snuffy, Iím just teasing. Itíd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

thnuggs
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 02:44:44 pm »

sorry not sure why someone opened this just thought it's okay to answer since it wasn't closed

LORELAI: I mean, Luke is a man. With man parts, we think.
White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 02:50:00 pm »

That's okay, I just don't get why it's open already. I normally don't go on this board so I don't know what's normal here, but the last time I talked to a mod they weren't opening threads like this one till after the episode. Did that change?

nikki

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 04:31:59 pm »

Sorry for the confusion.  The last time I talked to Beth (which was a really long time ago) she hadn't mentioned anything about how just the mods would do it, so I didn't know about that.  Personally, I think the New Thread button should be disabled for this corner of the forum so just the Mods can start the new ones, but since it's not done that way yet...

The reason I started it was because it was only 4 days before the episode and I figured somebody else (who wouldn't use the "proper" first-post-format... yes I know I am anal... and who wouldn't put in a note directing people to the Assorted Previews thread) would do it soon.  So I thought it would be better if I did it first.

For now, I will remove the episode title from the thread until after the episode airs, and I will delete the episode summary to help avoid the discussions (which I thought would be avoided by the "go over here instead" note but didn't work).

I hope this helps.

chickadee
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 05:57:01 pm »

hey i can't wait Cheesy

haha u read it!! Cheesy
White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 05:30:01 am »

If it is possible to only have the mods open the new thread ON THIS BOARD...well that might help. But people (mostly newbie's) will still talk spoilers here. It's very frustrating for the mods. Especially when someone knows that they shouldn't post spoilers here but does it anyways. I don't know how that can be helped. 

Phoenix
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 07:52:06 am »

For now, I will remove the episode title from the thread until after the episode airs, and I will delete the episode summary to help avoid the discussions (which I thought would be avoided by the "go over here instead" note but didn't work).

I hope this helps.

It's helpful but it's still all there because someone quoted your original post.  I don't want to be spoiled, so I'm ignoring that post. 

Get Firefox 1.5
Happily a spree.
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 08:15:22 am »

Maybe to stop spoliers and these things to stop happening the mods should post the episode threads instead of us. I mean I don't mean to be a pain for those people who have posted episode threads (I am one of them) but like what was said before it won't stop some people from posting spoilers before they should be up.

I dunno...just a suggestion.  Undecided

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: