Gilmore Girls Set
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 12:52:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 113830 Members
Latest Member: Ucspxel

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Show and Cast Member News
| | |-+  Gilmore Girls Set
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls Set  (Read 20790 times)
angelstar
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 07:28:50 am »

i can't believe they're taking it down!!
i want to live there.
i would so love to visit but by the time i got enough money to get over there i think it would be too late Sad
xxx
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 12:23:20 pm »

The back lot where they taped the outside stuff will pretty much always be there, it has been there forever.  The original movie 'Music Man' was filmed there and had the gazebo, Doose's, the high school, Luke's and a bunch of the other places in it.  They just had different names on them and different set ups inside.  The only thing is that all of the signage and other little things have been removed and changes for what ever show, movie or commercial is being taped at the time.   Most of the buildings have also had the inside stuff removed.  The actual buildings still remain so if you go, you will atleast be able to see them and recognize them, they just won't look exactly like you know them from Gilmore Girls.  Now, you won't be able to see the stuff that was filmed inside the studios, the inside of Lorelai's, Sookies, Richard and Emily's and places like those, because all of that has been taken down. 

It is really a lot of fun seeing Stars Hollow show up in so many different TV shows, movies and commercials.  I am sure that I haven't seen them all by a long shot, but I have seen a lot. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:24:50 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1248

P!nk concert; a night to remember.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 03:07:10 pm »

This is just a reminder to all our members.... Voting is still open for the 3rd Annual ORG awards

Please visit the Nominations/voting Page & make sure you send your votes to Mary (dancer1012)

All votes count, be in on the fun & vote today!! Grin

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Zachery Walker born 12.10.10
Nigella
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 12:28:28 am »

I'm loving the painting that's in Lorelai's living room, above the table where the phone is. It's a picture of a little woman, almost like the paintings by Botero, but different. Does anyone know who made her painting?!
gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 07:09:56 pm »

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles films on that set. A few episodes back they shot in Luke's Dinner (but it had been changed to look more like a run of the mill dinner and NOT a former hardware store).

Strangely, in the most recent episode they shot at the town square but the gazebo was gone. And in that same scene were the actors that played Rune (now playing a mysterious bad guy) and the Reverend (now playing a Reverend, hmph) and . . . grr. I forgot. There were three old Stars Hollow-ians. I should rewatch the episode.

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 06:46:32 pm »

I have a question.  Does anyone know how long GHOST WHISPERER has been shooting on the STARS HOLLOW set?  I don't watch it all of the time, but last week I was watching and I thought that I was losing my mind because I thought that I saw a lot of Stars Hollow, but then thought that it couldn't be because it is a Universal TV show.  So while watching it tonight, there was Stars Hollow for sure.  I thought that I had seen bits and pieces of the town in earlier shows this season but, again, thought that I was just seeing things.  I know that they had a fire at Universal last year, but I thought that all of the Ghost Whisperer set was okay.  Can anyone help me out here?

EDIT:  On the Ghost Whisperer that aired on 4/24, a lot of the scenes were taped outside which meant we saw a lot of the Stars Hollow set.  They used the Twickham House but it didn't have the pillars anymore and Melinda had parked in front of Sookies house.  You saw Kim's Antiques, the gazebo, the church, the library and other store fronts.  They even walked through Doose's going in the front door and out the side door.  It just dawned on me that Melinda's store, Same As It Never Was Antiques is where the pizza place, Antonioli's (I think that is what it was called) or at least one of the stores right by it.  Does any one know if I am right or not?   In the show that aired on 5/1, they showed a lot of the town including Luke's, Doose's Soda Shoppe, and the Library.  My attention has now drawn more to the town than the show Tongue.  I have to DVR it so that I can go back and watch it again just so I can get the whole story of the episode.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:05:40 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

James
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -12

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 03:14:16 am »

I'm loving the painting that's in Lorelai's living room, above the table where the phone is. It's a picture of a little woman, almost like the paintings by Botero, but different. Does anyone know who made her painting?!

I don't know about the painting. But I too liked it!!

Rock gives children, on a silver platter, with all the public authority of the entertainment industry, everything their parents always used to tell them they had to wait for until they grew up and would understand later.
-Allan Bloom
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 02:07:15 pm »

The new show "Eastwick" that is starting this fall and is based on the movie "Witches of Eastwick" is being filmed on the WB back lot that we fell in love with as Stars Hollow.  When I first heard about the show I was excited because I like the movie WoE, but then when I found out Robecca Romijn is in it, it turned me off from wanting to watch it.  Now that I found out that it is being filmed in "Stars Hollow", I am going to check it out.  I am anxious to see just what changes they have made.  I wonder if they will be using the Crap Shack at all.

I am wondering about "Ghost Whisperer" now.  I haven't heard if it is coming back for another season or not.  If it is, they must have rebuilt the set at Universal Studios where it was taped before they had the fire a couple of years ago.  I wouldn't think that they can tape two shows on the same set where they have to tape so much out side.  It would be hard to change everything every time they would need to tape one of the shows there.  I would think that it would just stay set up for one show to tape like it was for GG.

I saw a commercial for Hanes that has Sarah Chalk in it and realized that it was filmed on the back lot, right outside of Doose's Market.  I think it is an older commercial, but it is the first time that I recall noticing that it was done in Stars Hollow.

gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 06:03:40 pm »

I've been looking forward to Eastwick since I heard that Matt Dallas (Kyle XY) was going to be in it. He's dreamy.

So I tried to read the book . . . I didn't enjoy it.

BUT now that I know Rebecca  Romaijn is in it AND it's filling in "Stars Hollow" . . . I CAN'T WAIT!

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 04:20:12 pm »

I watched Eastwick last night and got really sad when I saw 'Stars Hollow' taken over by these other people and the changes that were made, especially having the gazebo removed and replaced by that ugly fountain.  The town was really different.  Saw several of the SH buildings.  Kim's Antiques always looks the same no matter what show it is in.  I was really watching to see if Lorelai's house was used.  The house of one of the witches did look like it could have been Lorelai's, but I wasn't really sure. 

I didn't really care much for the show, but I will probably DVR it every week just so I can fast forward to the town scenes just to see the town, even though it is changed a lot. 

One thing I thought was kind of neat was that they made the town into a New England ocean front town. 

EDIT:  Watched last weeks show, well, actually DVR'd it so I could skip through to the town scenes and then kept going over those scenes to see what the different buildings were now being used for.  This is what I fould.  Luke's is now Roxy's (Rebecca) art shop.  Stars Hollow High, at least the side seen from Luke's is the fire station, the Library is now the Eastwick Gazette paper.  This guy (Jamie I think) lives in Luke's and he has to go through the art shop to get to it.  Kat lives in Lorelai's house and it is really funny because Lorelai wasn't a gardener so there wasn't a lot of flowers around the outside of the house, but now it is a jungle of flowers of bushes.  Really changes the look of the house.  The Park across from Luke's and next to Patty's is a cemetery now.  Doose's is now the Eastwick Cafe.  I think the Stars Hollow Book Store (Andrew's store) is now a movie theater and I think that Patty's may be the town Historical Society, but the door must be on the other side of the building because it looks more like it is out of town and you can't see Bootsy's News stand to the left of the building.  It is funny that the town of Eastwick also has town festivals.  They had their Harvest Festival last week and I almost expected Taylor to show up.  I am wondering if they will have one for each month.  I have to admit that I am kind of liking the show.  It is on again tonight and I have my DVR set to record it to see if I can find any more of the buildings and see what they now are. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 07:25:02 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 09:30:06 am »

Well, another show on the old Stars Hollow set has bit the dust.  Eastwick has been cancelled.  Didn't like the show, but I liked checking out the set.  I wonder what will be filmed there next. 

Oh, I am not absolutely sure, but I was watching last weeks episode of the Mentalist and I think that they crashed into Lorelai's house towards the end of the show.  Broke the windows and the doors, both front and side (into living room).  It didn't have Lorelai's famed frosted glass windows in the front doors, but I am sure that it was her house.  That was weird.

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 01:00:00 pm »

I was watching The Mentalist last night and they used the WB back lot for some of the show again.  They showed Luke's (still painted as it was for Eastwick and they showed Miss Patty's as well.  They showed some for the store fronts across from Miss Patty's, but off had don't remember what they were in GG.  I love seeing the old set in other shows. 

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 09:22:37 pm »

Sorry about all of the posts in a row, but I don't think that anyone is even reading them any way.  If there is, just came by to say that there is another show taking over our beloved Stars Hollow.  Pretty Little Liars is now being shot on the WB back lot.  Luke's is a restaurant of sorts and it really looks different.  In tonights show people were sitting at tables outside on the sidewalk and you could see Miss Patty's and the gray building on the corner across the street for both Luke's and Miss Patty's.  They also showed the store fronts from like the Stars Hollow Book Store (Andrews) to Dosse's on the right and the town square on the left.  I didn't see if the gazebo has been put back or not or if there is still a fountain there like in Eastwick.  It really looked so different.  I knew that it could never stay our Stars Hollow, but it is so sad seeing all of the changes it has gone through since the show ended.   They showed some of the houses but the shots were all so close up that I couldn't really tell which ones they were.  One I am pretty sure was the Twickham House with just posts and not the pillars.  That is the same way it looked during Eastwick.   

If anyone has caught anything else, please let me know.  I didn't even notice that they were using the WB back lot until last weeks show and I spotted Luke's in that episode as well along with a couple of other buildings that I don't recall at the moment. 

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: