Gilmore Girls Set
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 06:20:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Show and Cast Member News
| | |-+  Gilmore Girls Set
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls Set  (Read 31838 times)
Lorelai82
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2007, 10:40:59 am »

Now that our favourite show is over,has anybody of you ever wondered what has become the whole set?The gazebo,Luke's diner,the Soda Shoppe,the Gilmore House,Kim's house,Sookie's house and all the others houses and shops we've seen for years while wathcing the show...If you take a look around the web you can see that...the whole set has been dismantled.Stars Hollow is still there,the square,the gazebo and the shops but it's no more Stars Hollow,it'severy town in the USA.No more benches around the gazebo,no more Stars Holow sign,no more sign on the various shops.Luke's Diner is totally empty.Out on the sindow there's only a simple sign sayng COFFEE..No more William's Hardware sign...Taylo's candy shop,Stars Hollow Video,Weston's Bakery had the same destiny...isn't it soooooo sad???All that pictures I saw on the web made me so sad!I can't beleive that one year ago I was ther,visiting the set...I was so excited...I was in Stars Hollow and not on the WB Tour...Everything was so real!
Girls,we miss u so much!
We love you...you'll be forever in our hearts! Cry
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 01:58:28 pm »

That is sad!!!

Are they going to tear down the whole thing?! Becuase I want a chance to go there!!

Another Q:
Is tthe WB or CW tour only for the GG set, or for a bunch of other shows to?

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
Lorelai82
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 02:04:57 pm »

There's no more trace of Gilmore Girls!The WB VIP Tour is great!Take it  if you have any chance!You can visit the entrance of the hospital of ER,Stars Hollow(no more now)square,Lorelai'shouse but only outside,the same is for Sookie's house and Kim's...You'll visit Freinds'Central Perk, the museum of the Wb were there are dresses used is some movies such as Harry Potter or shows like Friend.There is a reconstruction of Monica's apartment but unluckly there in the museum you can't take pictures.You'll see Harry Potter's car or Batman's.
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 02:08:39 pm »

Ok, but when you say its gone do you mean like nothing there?! You just said something was there. I dont care if theres furniture in the houses, but are they still standing? My dream is to stand in Lukes Dinner. I want that sooo bad. Is it possible?

Lorelai82
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 02:29:30 pm »

You can't stand in Luke's Diner,first of all because the tour guide won't let you come in and second because there is nothing more inside...there'sonly the building...You can see it's Luke's because you have seen the show many times butthere's no more sign,no more chairs or tables inside..the tour doesn't let you come inside the buildings...Sorry!
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 04:40:48 pm »

OMG, that's sad! If there is a movie, there will be a different set! No more Stars Hollow! Cry Well, if you wanted to go to Luke's really bad, you could sneak in, but you would be maybe arrested!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 07:19:49 am »

OMG, that's sad! If there is a movie, there will be a different set! No more Stars Hollow! Cry Well, if you wanted to go to Luke's really bad, you could sneak in, but you would be maybe arrested!
Yah... that wouldn't be good...... Grin

I really do want to go badly though.

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 02:32:55 pm »

I live like 7 hours from the california top border thing! It would take like 17 hours by car at least! But, a plane wouldn't take long. Really expensive though. I want to see it before they someday decide to knock it all down!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 10:36:20 am »

Cry

laaauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 06:12:39 pm »

i flew from vienna to la, and was there when they filmed the 2nd last episode, so i was really lucky, one friend traveled there this summer and she says, of course, there are still all those buildings but the signs and everythings are away, but of course you can still visit..i would do that pretty soon bec im sure some of the houses will be changed soon, like lorelais house..

cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 12:43:52 pm »

Speeking of the set, I just bought the first season of Pushing Daisies yesterday just so that I could see the episode that was taped at the gazebo and the church from Gilmore Girls.  You could see Mrs. Kims and a few of the other buildings as well.  It was really weird.  I like the show to but only watched about five of the episodes and of course I missed that one. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 05:10:16 pm »

I took the tour a few months ago and the guide said the town square is a generic town square set.  That is why all the signs from the show are gone.  In the unlikely event that they ever make a Gilmore Girls movie, they could have the town square set up in no time.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 10:11:55 am »

Last night I was watching some of the shows that I had DVRed and watched the October 28th episode of 'The Mentalist' titled 'Redwood' and got a big surprise.  Part of the show was done on the back lot of Warner Bros. that used to be our beloved Stars Hollow.  They used the high school for the Redwood Point Town Hall and when they came out of there, you could see Doose's Market and the other stores heading down towards Antonioli's Pizza.  Through the trees outside the 'Hall' you could see part of Luke's and the 'Soda Shoppe'.  And I think it was the Library that was just across the street from Doose's on the way to Luke's.  You could see a bit of the Town Square, but not as far as the gazebo.  It was really great to see the set again, but made me sad that it wasn't Stars Hollow  Sad.  I really miss that place even though I do see it just about every day on DVD or in reruns. 

Just thought I would share this with you.  I wonder if they used 'Stars Hollow' in any of the other episodes of 'The Mentalist'.  I haven't been watching the show on a regular basis, but I guess I will have to now just like I have to watch 'Pushing Daisies' since I saw the episode where they used the church, the gazebo and you could see Mrs. Kim's Antiques and a few of the other buildings. 

Has anyone seen any other shows that have used the Gilmore Girls set in it?

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 11:23:07 pm »

Just saw a big chunck of Stars Hollow in a Mucinex commercial.  They showed them turning off the street coming from Kim's Antiques with the town square to the right and then they turn left onto the street that goes by Doose's and then Luke's (you don't see Luke's though). You also see the high school and Miss Patty's.  It was really nice seeing so much of Stars Hollow even though it isn't Stars Hollow any more which also made it sad.  I love seeing the town in different things.  It keeps the place alive, kind of.

jessicagilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 07:24:08 am »

wow now i'll be watching out to see if i can see the town in orther show
i miss the girls too  Cry
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: