A Gilmore Revisiting - The Viewing Party (Bringing Tuesdays Back)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 10:48:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  A Gilmore Revisiting - The Viewing Party (Bringing Tuesdays Back)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43 Print
Author Topic: A Gilmore Revisiting - The Viewing Party (Bringing Tuesdays Back)  (Read 260592 times)
lozman
Inn Manager

Community Points: 198

laura, yep thats me

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 09:24:05 am »

I think it would be pretty damn impressive if we could make it last 3 years!!! its better than 7 lol, bear in mind many people have followed this show for 7 years anyway, sure it will take 3 years; however, all you are really doing is setting aside a tuesday night, watching and talking - sure the discussion will take up more time, but lets face it; nothing really happens on a tuesday night!!! im sure people could add their opinions as and when hehe

and Ggirlfan; i think the time thing will be a bit different as bear in mind it is an international thread as somebody said earlier; so it will be different times for all - we all know what happens anyway, so its not as though there will be any spoilers!!!! Either a set time where it could be deemed considerate for all - if that is even possible, or 8pm our local time...and now im rabbiting on...sorry!!!

L xxx

JavaJunkie...Lieterati...Noddie...Flyswatter
F.A.I.T.H 
sig by monicakeller!
no season 8 makes me SMAD
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 12:31:36 pm »

We couldn' talk to very many people about the episode because of the time zones. like after I watch it, it would be midnight in the east coast!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 01:32:47 pm »

But you'd have a week to discuss it.
And I think we should all watch it the time it usually aired in our hometowns.
That way some people aren't watching it at 2am.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Steph18
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 04:03:20 pm »

Great idea I am so in. Although I am still new and I am not sure where the threads are.
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 04:05:23 pm »

Hi guys.

I think for the official timing of the viewing I will make it 8pm Org time as that is how this site has always run.  But as was mentioned by CathyCoffee, if you live in another part of the States, just watch it when it would have aired.  And if you are international, yes you have that entire week to choose your time to watch it (I used to have to wait a good day or so to get my hands on a copy of the episode to watch).

The main purpose of this Party is that the viewing is concentrated to the one week and therefore discussion in the relevant episode thread would be recent and mostly full of those watching it for the second time around (some people came on board as GG fans a little later than others).  Therefore there will be new opinions, old opinions and maybe our opinions will be very different to what we first thought and that is what will be fun to discover.

For me I'm excited because although I watched the show from the start first time around, I wasn't a member of this site until just over a year ago so I haven't visited these early episode threads to have much of a say.  Maybe that is the case for others also.

Great idea I am so in. Although I am still new and I am not sure where the threads are.
Glad to hear it Steph18.  Don't fret as it won't be starting for a few weeks yet, so by then you will be more familiar.  And as each new episode nears, I will be making an update in the first post of this thread for the episode airing that week which will include a link to the relevant episode thread.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 04:06:44 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
lukelorelaifan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Self Proclaimed Gilmore Girls Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 09:23:06 am »

This is pretty exciting.  I'm definitely in.  I've had small viewing parties of my own (me sitting in my room watching all the dvds and tapes i have and eating junk food), but i think it's great that we'll also have discussions.  It's gonna be fun!

misstease
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Gilmore Girls Is My Escape.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 03:14:10 pm »

I am so pumped! This idea was pure genius! hehe this is so going on my calendar! Cheesy

Live. Laugh. Love.
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2007, 06:08:46 am »

this is an AMAZING idea!!! Im soooo glad i bought the dvd sets!!!!

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2007, 06:44:11 am »

Yeah, "I'm all in!" Cheesy  What a great idea, I've already rewatched the whole series in chunks with my sister in law to introduce her to the show for our business, but its been so rushed (we did it in like 3 months, without seeing season 7, and she watched a lot without me)... plus we didn't really talk about them as much I will with you guys!! And since Im fairly new here, I haven't really shared thoughts about many episodes... Fun, fun!! I NEED my Tuesdays back- I still can't get into new tv....

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
~*emily*~
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2007, 07:06:24 am »

This sounds like a great idea. Tuesdays, fun again! Just thought I'd let y'all know that I'm in, and off to make my graphic! Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 07:07:38 am by ~*emily*~ » Logged
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2007, 01:57:12 pm »

so i love the idea and i have ever intention on doing this, but i don't have seasons 4 or 6. i am going to try and get them before we get there in the 'viewing party' hopefully that works...=)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2007, 04:34:42 pm »

Caryn and Shell,

Is there any suggestions for people who do not have all seasons of DVD's yet? I just thought I'd ask as I know some don't have every season or they don't have any season. I was just wondering if there were a 'supported' suggestion for those GG fans. I would hate that they can't some how enjoy the revisiting with everyone! Though, I also know that we must be careful of what we promote on the ORG, such as downloading and such. I just thought I'd ask as I have had this question come up. I unfortunately, don't have any ideas as I know that YouTube has been going through and taking down videos of actual episodes, I would assume per the network's request. Any thoughts? Thanks ladies! Smiley

This is pretty exciting. I'm definitely in. I've had small viewing parties of my own (me sitting in my room watching all the dvds and tapes i have and eating junk food), but i think it's great that we'll also have discussions. It's gonna be fun!

I had to smile when I read this! I too, have had several of my privet viewing parties, with myself and a bowl of popcorn or some chinese food...but nothing with discussion afterward. And nothing with others, even just knowing that others around the world will be viewing at the same time or at least the same day, and then discussing, just makes me so happy!! And what better way to keep the spirit of the Gilmore Girls alive!!! Celebrate

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2007, 04:48:45 pm »

this is an AMAZING idea!!! Im soooo glad i bought the dvd sets!!!!
I know me too! Like everyone said, this is a great idea! And I'm giving *pretty sticks* to the people who thought of this! Tongue

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
I LUV JESS~!!
Inn Chef

Community Points: 598

Hey

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 10:56:54 pm »

Caryn and Shell,

Is there any suggestions for people who do not have all seasons of DVD's yet? I just thought I'd ask as I know some don't have every season or they don't have any season. I was just wondering if there were a 'supported' suggestion for those GG fans.
I was just about to ask the same! I hope there is some alternative! I only own season two and four on Dvd, and I would really love to participate in this. Everytime I missed an episode of GG, I would download it, but I don't think it would be very "healthy" for my computer if I downloaded that many! Ohh, why must the Dvds be so expensive? Roll Eyes

Brenda Hearts
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight Hearts x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2007, 11:26:48 pm »

This is such a fun idea! I'm definitely in! I was thinking about doing this since watching the finale, but never got around to it. It's good that it's starting now, too. Since it's basically after summer (or at the end of summer for those lucky ones) I'll try to stay as caught up as I can with the schedule as I can, though with work and stuff, I might have to put it off. It's all good though, we'll have a week to discuss. Plus, it'll just be interesting to see what everyone thinks.. I wasn't around at the beginning of the series (nor was anyone else, I don't think) so we never really got to discuss in depth what we thought! It'll be fun!
Thanks for starting this Caryn!
And if I can make a suggestion, maybe include the "winter" hiatus (December/January) and atleast part of summers. Just because with so many of us in school (or am I just assuming?) we'll have finals and what not, and just for everyone, those times seem to be busy. Just a thought!
Thanks again!

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: