A Gilmore Revisiting - The Viewing Party (Bringing Tuesdays Back)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 10:51:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  A Gilmore Revisiting - The Viewing Party (Bringing Tuesdays Back)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43 Print
Author Topic: A Gilmore Revisiting - The Viewing Party (Bringing Tuesdays Back)  (Read 260593 times)
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 04:26:53 pm »

Are we going to take haituses?
We should, to get the feel.
MissV327, do you need help with the worksheets? I'd love to help.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 05:15:57 pm »

Ahhh great idea! This is gonna be so much fun! Finally, Tuesday's are gonna be fun again. Lately, they've been... like Monday's. =/ I'm definately gonna participate!

-Pri

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 05:29:40 pm »

I wish I could take part in the graphic making except I have no talent or creativity in that department.  See everyone in the Pilot episode discussion thread on Aug 21st! 
LOL Amy, you're not alone with the feeling of not having much talent and stuff with graphic making! I here ya on that.. hahaha. Though I would love to create something..
I'm most definitely looking forward to this thing taking off! (I'm such a dork sometimes. Hidden)

Hm, I dunno how I'd feel about taking the haituses. I agree that it would give it the feel as we've been used to.. plus during those times (holidays) we are busy, sooo maybe it is a good idea? Just my thought.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 05:32:57 pm »

This idea is sounding better, and better! Tuesdays wil be funn again. Too bad I only have season 5 +6 and pre ordered 7. I remember them all, bc I just recently saw them on ABC family, and I can still chat about them, but Im not gunna be able to watch the epis....youtube maybe for some clips...

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 07:05:41 pm »

This definitely makes Tuesdays my favorite day of the week again! What a great way to celebrate what we have been given through the masterpiece of Gilmore Girls! Now that we've had a little bit to digest the end of a wonderful era and say goodbye to our best friends in Stars Hallow...it's a great and refreshing feeling to start from where it all began!

I'm so eager to see the graphics that people submit. I know there are going to be amazing pieces as we have such creative and brilliant artists here at the ORG! And, what better way to make a memory/ dedication!

I can't wait for August 21st to be here and to celebrate all that is Gilmore again! Whoo Hooo!! Celebrate

I may be dumb about this but what exactly are you referring to, taking a haitus? You mean after we've watched the episodes that are listed on the first post of the thread? If that's what you're referring to, I believe that they will be updated as we near the last episode. I'm sure there may be a little break here and there, perhpas between seasons as there was in the summer of when they first airing. I just wanted to get at what you were asking more. Smiley

I agree GilmoreAddict7899, Tuesdays will be fun again...no more sulking around and being depressed because our girls are gone! It's a time to celebrate and hold Tuesday nights high with honor...forever!!! I'm thrilled because by the time we (The Viewing Party) get to season 7, it will be out and we'll have had the opportunity to order it and receive it!

~Mel Hearts[/color]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:10:58 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 10:30:02 pm »

How long will it take to finish the series?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Lauren-Junkie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

GG, Golden Retrievers,books- That's me!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 09:32:41 am »

Sounds like a great idea!!  I'm totally on, though it's not so often I'm on the computer, but me and my mom has already now started to begin with season 1 again, though Sweden has 7 episodes left on the 7th.

Oh I'm going to miss our Gilmore girls!!!

LIFE IS SHORT
TALK FAST!

GILMORE GIRLS WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 12:18:38 pm »

@ Sooks - I meant fall, winter, spring breaks. And are we going to take breaks between seasons?

love is blind so you didn't see me.
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 02:50:26 pm »

@ Sooks - I meant fall, winter, spring breaks. And are we going to take breaks between seasons?

We are giving this some thought at the moment, but I have to say at first glance I can't see that we will follow the schedule of US viewing. This is for many reasons such as this being being an international site (not all coutries follow the US schedule), a lot of people come here more often on the hiatus as they have the free time, and probably most importantly if we were to do it, the project would last seven years Cheesy.  Now I'm all for being committed to things that I start, but I'm not sure I can commit seven years of my life to this one project Shocked Grin.

We will however have breaks at times, including major holidays (Christmas, New year).  Also remember, not everybody is going to be able to participate all of the time.  Weeks will be missed by all of us at some stage.  The plus side of this is that we get to watch a few episodes at a time to catch up (don't you love dvd's Smiley), and discussion will still have been fairly recent in the episode thread for people to post in when they are ready.

Cheers
Caryn
 Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 03:29:51 pm »

I am so happy that it looks like we're going to have a lot of great people participating - YAY!!!   Smiley Celebrate

Honestly, since this project is based on watching Gilmore Girls I don't see how it can go wrong.   Wink  Nothing can be better than reliving this amazing show.

As far as the hiatus talk is concerned, I totally agree with Caryn (honkifuluvGG) in her post above.  The hiatuses the networks take are usually a good full month and a half in the winter and another month and a half in March and early April plus the three month hiatus in the summer.  It literally would take seven years if we did that.

So instead of invoking hiatuses, I think we should do as is stated above and take our own small breaks.  These breaks will most likely naturally present themselves at holidays and other times when people will get busy.  Instead of being a six week hiatus, they can just be for two weeks perhaps. 

Obviously, not everyone will be able to make it to every single viewing party as life has a way of presenting things outside of the ORG for us to do.   Smiley  So, it will be an open-invitation, come when you are able to type of situation.  I think it will work best that way!!! Nod

Since we haven't even begun yet, we'll see how it all goes.  Everyone keep your eye on the first post for schedule updates as we get into it! 

Also, yay for our graphics artists for stepping up to the play - good for you!   Kiss

Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 04:01:30 pm »

What a FANTASTIC idea!! I love it!  You guys are brilliant!  First the Postcard Exchange, now this!  Great Job!

We have our Tuesday nights back!  I have all the seasons on DVD, but I usually just jump around and just watch my favorites over and over when I feel like it.  This will be so much fun knowing what we know now, and talking about the episodes right after we watch them!  I am sure we will have a different take on things, and pick up more than we've ever noticed before! 

This may be a stupid question, but are we all watching each show when it normally would be on, (like 8:00 pm) then come join the discussion after?

~KRISTIN~
GlmrGrltAtHeart
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 44

Bunny cake! Yum!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 04:45:47 pm »

I am so excited for this! I thought this year I wouldn't have anything to do on Tuesdays and now I will. Thinking of Tuesdays will get me through the week. I wasn't into Gilmore Girls from the start(I was in 1st grade when it started), so now I will almost know what it was like for people when they first were anxious to know if Lorelai and Max will get married or not. Stuff like that. I say almost cuz I already know how it will turn out.

Ggirlfan- There is no such thing as a stupid question("How does ink come out of pens?" Cheesy)

JJs  will always keep F.A.I.T.H.
Maurie: High on the Maze.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 08:26:02 pm »

I think we should have snacks on Tuesdays when we view our episode! Who doesn't love a good snack! I'll be sure to bring the one for the first episode. What a special night that will be! It will be like going back in history, for more than one reason...I can't wait! It looks like there's interest gaining and hopefully even more by Aug. 21st! I like the idea of the breaks and not following the US schedule, as you said Caryn, I don't know about 7 years! haha! I mean, committed is a good thing but that's a looooong commitment! Tongue Great to see everyone getting excited! I'm SO ready!!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 09:54:15 pm »

I think its a great idea.  Wish I could do it, but I only have one season on DVD.  You know, watching one episode a week will take almost 3 years? 2 years, 11 months and two weeks (154 episodes with 52 weeks a year). That is with no breaks. Still a pretty big commitment, but like someone said, people will miss some along the way.  It'll be cool to see it go on that long!

Sharon

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 11:51:55 pm »

Maybe we should watch 2 a week so it will not take 3 years!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: