GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 30, 2020, 02:52:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.22 - Bon Voyage  (Read 373268 times)
pinkhulagirl28
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2007, 05:10:40 pm »

When I saw this eppisode, I started bawling.  It was SO good and so sad that it was over.  AAHHHH Now I don't have something to look forward to during to week!!!!!

I MISS MY GILMORE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cry
gilmore_luver_07
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

gilmore girls<3

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2007, 07:07:15 pm »

I miss GG still and it was such a sad ending but also happy that Luke and Lor got together!

<3Alison LeAnn.
rainbow
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2007, 07:43:19 pm »

I liked it... I think they did a good job of answering as many questions as they could and they did a very fitting send off.  The whole town acknowledged dear, sweet Rory and Lorelai... and they recognized their "place" in stars Hollow...  Someone asked "was Rory the first Star's Hollow resident to graduate college and get a job away from town?"  I think she was... It's a pretty big deal to be the first one to do that... I was the first in my family to graduate college and get a job far away... I KNOW that's a really big deal...

I think it's silly to think that any of the actors didn't know this was the end...  To have the whole town out for a good-bye party was a big enough hint, but the fact that the episode ended pretty much identically to the pilot should have been a dead give-away...  Plus they always said they planned to do it through Rory's college graduation...
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2007, 08:55:37 pm »

But that was before, they shot this episode not knowing of whether or not they would have an 8th season.  Negoations were still being held, even at the wrap party they all left thinking about another season.  I don't think it was the best series finale, it left a lot unanswered and unfinished in all aspects of the characters and town.  It was a great season finale however, leaving plenty of room to elaborate on all story lines.

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
zeddie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 21, 2007, 10:02:35 pm »

RE: Did they know it was the end, and some of Dani257 comments.. I was also one who mentioned (but Dani may have read some other comment - there is SO much) that the send off for Rory seemed a bit excessive, considering "normalcy" - but for a series finale, we can suspend our disbelief. I would venture to guess that the producers did a proper tribute - "in case" or because it was looking like Seven might be FINI. Why not cover the bases - do a show that would double as a season ender and series ender, if need be. Makes good planning sense to me.

Lots of time, when i would be doing my own goofy "industrial / marketing" scripts i would have an actor say a line a few different ways, to cover my bases.  When i started out i thought i had to "decide on the spot" but then i started shooting alternate takes - that way, you are ready for anything.  It is possible that they shot different versions of the same show - a few extra scenes, etc. - but that they did "just enuf" - as Dani257 says, to make it a closer.  I agree, you do NOT need to see that far into the future to know how the future will unfold (in a story i mean).    I would still be ok with a two hour movie just to show in the future - for the heck of it. But i do not think that is necessary. I don't need it UNLESS they are gonna have Rory hook up with Logan again. But i DO NOT need to see some future boyfriend for Rory - not me, that would only tick me off i think - to introduce some "random" .  Ok, i already know Lorelai is gonna be with Luke and maybe have babies - or not, and i don't care if she has more kids. That is ancillary information. But i might care about Rory.  OR i might care if there is some other crisis they all must solve or whatever.  But i mention Dawson's Creek again - in that reprise, they had Pacey and Joey ending up together (that is a guy and a girl for those who didn't watch DC) and they only showed it in the LAST shot. I liked that. Suspense. Would she end up with Dawson or not. And Jen ends up dying of that thing she was sick of.  But the question of "who gets Joey" or "will Joey and Dawson be together in the end" was worth watching - and anyway, i liked that show.  It was new for its time also. In fact, it was one of the first couple shows that started the WB - (Jan, 1998) so...

ON ANOTHER NOTE. Finally, the girl i liked "won" the Bachelor. Yeah Tessa!  Cheesy

I HAVE MOVED MY ADDITION TO UNPOPULAR THREAD, DEEMING IT TO CONTROVERSIAL / POLITICAL. Thanks. Sorry - i should have done that in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 06:50:50 am by zeddie » Logged

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
misskitty
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 22, 2007, 06:13:08 am »

I just saw the final episode of Gilmore Girls! The last one, ever! Nobody told me it was the finale! Im so upset. GG has never been popular in Australia, it often got screened on Saturday nights if there wasnt any sports being covered (very rare occasion in Oz!). Now Im living in Japan so i have to download it to get my fix. I feel like Ive always been struggling to see this show and now its all been taken away  Cry Tonight I happily downloaded the next episode I hadnt seen, innocent number 22. I settled down to enjoy the pop-culture banter and lust worthy clothes...As I was watching it slowly dawned on me that this episode had all the trade marks of a finale. Not a season final but a FINALE. As everything began wrapping up, and Im thinking how can the show go on if Rory leaves, I started to cry. Goodbyes are imminent for me too, as I prepare to leave all my friends in Japan and head home.
I didnt realise that I should have put Lorelai and Rory on my farwell party list!!
Of all the trite that is put on TV these days and passed off as drama, here was one brilliantly written little show that created characters that seemed so real (even if they did have perfect hair)
Thank you Gilmore Girls, you give me hope that TV can be smart AND pretty!
Bring on the reruns!!
L+Lshipper
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 22, 2007, 08:01:14 am »

sorry but i hate that this show stoped the finale ok soo sad i cryed ??!?!?!
blinks
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 22, 2007, 11:40:28 am »

At last!! Somewhere to vent!

First of all i was so out of the loop i didn't even realize this was supposed to be the last seasons of GG....i litterally fought tears when i found out but that's just the cheesy kind of girl i am. Even in my darkest days the humor from this show could make me smile if not out and out laugh, it saved my life and that is the honest truth.

The finale was actually pretty perfect in my opinion save for one thing, they included every personality in their own lovable roles, they used it as a bridge for Luke and Lorelai to finally admit it was never and will never be over between them, and it found  mother and daughter back where they started as they say goodbye at Luke's diner. The only issue i have, besides the very large one of not wanting it to be over, is that somehow someone discovered that they didn't have enough time to tie up the loose ends with Rory and Logan and so wrote a totally uncharacteristic ending for them, leaving the finale Logan free and empty feeling.

Logan and Rory had a lot of ups and downs and if they had planned to write him out it should have been earlier this season, not at the last minute and not with him being so incredibly cold and unyeilding. After having written a show with him telling her he wanted to factor her in and telling her he wanted her to make up her own mind it was just too much of a turn around with him acting the part of some complete stranger who somehow didn't know that Rory needed the chance to get out there and soar.

I feel like it was a cop out, a sloopily put together and unecessary blast of bad writing that had them break up in a 2 minute window on the lawn of her graduation in between her mother crying as she graduated and her crying as she left her dumpy appartment for the last time. It wasn't worthy of the show, it was not an end but rather a cliffhanger that still has loose ends to be cleared up and it kinda ticks me off to realize they never will be.

I can live with the finale save that one empty corner left by a badly written breakup and an emotionless goodbye, and a feeling that the writers weren't even trying very hard in their final hour. But that is just my humble, if irritated, opinion.
Random Person
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 22, 2007, 01:39:39 pm »

I think the reason the show ended where it did was because they shot it when they thought there was going to be an 8th season. I am so happy Luke and Lorelai got together but someone should have a reunion in 5 years saying Luke adn Lorelai got married and she is pregnant Rory is moving back home and Everything is all hunky dory.
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 22, 2007, 01:50:03 pm »

This was a great way to end a season, but not series. It leaves so much un-answered!

What hapens with Lorelai and Luke? And how does April fit into there, if it didnt work before?

How does Rory do on her job? Does she hear from Logan again?

What are Lane and Zack's kids going to look like later?

What will Sookie and Jackon's kid look like?

Does Lorelai continue on a good track with her parents?

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
EmilyCaroline
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 22, 2007, 02:20:47 pm »

normally at this time, i'd be really excited about Gilmore Girls.

what am I going to do tonight?
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 22, 2007, 02:34:17 pm »

exactly what i was thinking^

Ive always looked foward to Tuesdays and now it just makes me sad

im watching a re run right now on ABC family

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 22, 2007, 05:43:56 pm »

I watched the rerun again on Sunday and I finally let the tears fall. I couldn't cry last week because I thought I'd miss something. I was so sad. I am surprised I made it a whole week without counting down to a new episode. It feels so weird to be on the computer at 8:43 on a Tuesday night.  Cry

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 22, 2007, 06:32:31 pm »

This was a great way to end a season, but not series. It leaves so much un-answered!

What hapens with Lorelai and Luke? And how does April fit into there, if it didnt work before?

How does Rory do on her job? Does she hear from Logan again?

What are Lane and Zack's kids going to look like later?

What will Sookie and Jackon's kid look like?

Does Lorelai continue on a good track with her parents?
1.  Lorelai and Luke get back together.  Luke already said that he learned he didn't have to have everything set with April before he could be committed to Lorelai.  And, April is only supposed to be with him part time since she lives in New Mexico now.  Everything works out.

2.  Rory does fine at her job.  How do I know?  Because it's the last episode and if they didn't specifically imply she was going to do badly, it's common tv trope to assume she's going to do well.  Just like if a series ends with a wedding, you don't assume the couple is getting a divorce two years later.  Does she see Logan again?  Canonically, no.  Lorelai pretty much spelled out how we were supposed to read that.  Rory didn't say yes right away, ergo, Logan's not the one.  (excuse me while I vomit, but that's the message of the show).  Add Lorelai saying that Rory will feel better after awhile, and the show is telling you that Rory will move on. 

3.  How much later?  That's one of those things that you could keep pushing back.  How will they look at age 3?  5?  Retirement?  As lecherous old men in a nursing home?

4.  This may be my prejudice of babies showing, but I'd guess, ugly.

5.  Yes.  Again, how the show ends tells you what to expect.  Friday night dinners continue.  It can be reasonably assumed that they get along with your normal amount of squabbles but a voluntary relationship.

But, one question they really needed to answer.  Who was the Stars Hollow Serial Murderer?  You know, the one who killed Kirk, Taylor, and the troubadour in a satisfactorily gruesome way?  Oh, wait?  That didn't happen?  Darn.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 22, 2007, 08:17:25 pm »

1.  Lorelai and Luke get back together.  Luke already said that he learned he didn't have to have everything set with April before he could be committed to Lorelai.  And, April is only supposed to be with him part time since she lives in New Mexico now.  Everything works out.
Only now instead of giving him space she nags him constantly because she won't put up with his habits anymore, and as long as it makes her happy, he'll do it. And he fishes a lot. April, on the other hand, is having sex with one of the professors at Harvard. It doesn't work out.

2.  Rory does fine at her job.  How do I know?  Because it's the last episode and if they didn't specifically imply she was going to do badly, it's common tv trope to assume she's going to do well.  Just like if a series ends with a wedding, you don't assume the couple is getting a divorce two years later.  Does she see Logan again?  Canonically, no.  Lorelai pretty much spelled out how we were supposed to read that.  Rory didn't say yes right away, ergo, Logan's not the one.  (excuse me while I vomit, but that's the message of the show).  Add Lorelai saying that Rory will feel better after awhile, and the show is telling you that Rory will move on. 

Logan would totally have been back. What is your obsession with her hesitation to get married? Lots of people don't have their stuff together at 24, a marriage would have been a complete uncertainty. And he broke up with her. Besides, darn it, they are young, and the outcome of a marriage between them is unknown except that they would have eventually understood one another.

3.  How much later?  That's one of those things that you could keep pushing back.  How will they look at age 3?  5?  Retirement?  As lecherous old men in a nursing home?

One will be smooth and good looking. He'll get all the babes, but the other one will be homely, and his suffering will make his art great.

4.  This may be my prejudice of babies showing, but I'd guess, ugly.

Awww, he looks just like his great-great-great grandfather!

5.  Yes.  Again, how the show ends tells you what to expect.  Friday night dinners continue.  It can be reasonably assumed that they get along with your normal amount of squabbles but a voluntary relationship.

Unless Lorelai has to miss one coincidentally after a big argument with Emily and/or Richard about something they are conspiring to do to Luke (a regular now, at FND) that affects them about as much as Mitch did Rory and Logan. But Luke gets in a snit about "exposing April to them" to redirect his impolitic wrath. In a rare turn of events, Lorelai finds it difficult to argue with him.

But, one question they really needed to answer.  Who was the Stars Hollow Serial Murderer?  You know, the one who killed Kirk, Taylor, and the troubadour in a satisfactorily gruesome way?  Oh, wait?  That didn't happen?  Darn.

It was Paul Anka. No one ever suspects the dog unless the camera zooms in on his shifty eyes while "dun dun dah dah dah duuuuuun" is playing in the background. Wait, does Paul Anka even have eyes?

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62
  Print  

Jump to: