GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 20, 2022, 02:22:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 62
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.22 - Bon Voyage  (Read 519066 times)
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2007, 09:17:44 pm »

Luke and Sookie.
Too friendly for people that never really liked each other.

Sorry, but since when did they not like each other?? They fought about cooking, but Sookie was THE one cheering for Luke & Lorelai.  She jumps up and down and hugs Luke in "Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller" when she finds out Luke & Lorelai were kissing.  She hugs Lorelai and can't stop jumping up and down and telling Lorelai she knows when Luke asked her to not saying anything.  I always saw Sookie as Luke & Lorelai's biggest cheerleader, because she knew how Luke felt and she loves Lorelai and though he was best for her.  So the scene at the Dragonfly was perfect to me, because other than Rory, she was the one that would REALLY understand.

Ok, anyway, I liked this show.  It did have a bit of a rushed feeling to it but I think they had no choice there.  It was better than I expected, because I really thought I'd be left saying "Huh?" and I didn't.  No matter what they had done there'd be someone wanting to know what happens next.  So, while I wish we were getting a little more closure, I do think it worked.

I loved: Luke setting up the party so quickly, and REALLY loved the scene where he was sewing all the tarps together and then put the necklace in his pocket. Luke saying "I just want you to be happy".  YES!!!

Loved almost all of Lorelai's scenes, but when she said "It's too soon" that was the one that brought tears to my eyes.  It is too soon, too soon for Rory to leave her but also too soon for GG to leave us.  The scene where she watched Rory sleep was heartbreaking but I did think she was going to crawl into bed with her.  

Friday Night dinners are going on.  YAY! Though I do wish it had been handled differently I loved Lorelai's face when she said she was used to them.

Anyway, while I don't think it was an ideal final show, it was much better than several other series I've seen that had ample warning.  

Sharon

DeaDuchess
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2007, 09:18:05 pm »

I feel like I just lost a friend! Undecided
shafs
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2007, 09:23:09 pm »

I feel like a chapter of my life has ended with the end of the show. New beginnings for everyone, kind of scary.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2007, 09:24:10 pm »

Luke and Sookie.

Sorry, but since when did they not like each other?? They fought about cooking, but Sookie was THE one cheering for Luke & Lorelai.  She jumps up and down and hugs Luke in "Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller" when she finds out Luke & Lorelai were kissing.  She hugs Lorelai and can't stop jumping up and down and telling Lorelai she knows when Luke asked her to not saying anything.  I always saw Sookie as Luke & Lorelai's biggest cheerleader, because she knew how Luke felt and she loves Lorelai and though he was best for her.  So the scene at the Dragonfly was perfect to me, because other than Rory, she was the one that would REALLY understand.

I know she supported L/L.

But I remember so many times where they fought about anything.

I guess I didn't see enough friend-like behavior to judge correctly.
Sorry.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
sugar
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

"What's this?" "A hammer" "It has feathers"

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2007, 09:34:18 pm »

I was really impressed with the finale.  I was really hoping it would be good, as there have been so many shows with awful, cheesy, finales and this one was really awesome.  Lots of people have been saying they are mad about Rory being single at the end of the show, but for all those people who were logan-supporters; if she would have said yes, there would have been NO WAY for them to be able to show a wedding in ONE EPISODE LEFT.  I loved how they ended with Rory taking on the world with nothing holding her back.  It leaves me with a really fresh ending in my head.  
L&L!!!  YAY!!!  I was anticipating the kiss the whole show!!!!  And then Luke was just like "I just want you to be happy" AWW!!  I got all warm and fuzzy!!  I was dissappointed they moved the camera away from them so fast, but hey, at least we got our L&L kiss!!!!
I cried SO MUCH!!!  I was bawling when Lorelai went to see Rory in her room.  I am glad my family was outside while the show was on (I told them to get out of the house) cuz then I was free to cry as much as I needed to!!  And I was able to watch the show intently without any distractions.

It is sad to see the show go, but whenever we watch the DVDs it will remind us of the great,fabulous, amazing GILMORE GIRLS!!!

Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2007, 09:35:26 pm »

"I don't know how to say goodbye to you...
I'm not good at things that I don't want to do..."

Well, I'll buy that apple.

"Thank you"
"Oh it was no big deal"
"Luke..."

And that melted my heart.

Oh and the part when Emily realized Lorelai would stick around for Friday Night Dinners.
And Lorelai going into Rory's room while she slept.
And they're little scene at the ironing board.

God I LOVE how it ended with the slow zoom out of the diner just like the pilot.
Were those ASP's  last lines? Does anyone know for sure?

The rocket=(

Funny:
Sookie.
Jacks and Boobs.
My hair is 50/50 but my ankles you could take to the bank.
Spas are exploding--sounds dangerous.
The whole town in Ms. Patty's.

I, too, liked how the L/L reunion was private.

KALS;DJFKALSDFJASLKFHJASLDKF. THAT is what I have to say to that ridiculously sappy and degrading goodbye from the CW. This show deserved so much more.

I'm tempted to write some GREAT8MANDATE letters....but idk.
Although mellow, and light, it was at least concise and provided a bit of closure.

THANK YOU GG!
<3

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2007, 09:41:47 pm »

I'm neither sobbing my eyes out, or clenching my fists in anger (and certainly not over anything that happened with L/L.  I might have broken my jaw yawning, but that's it) or patting my stomach as if after a satisfying meal.  Nope, none of those things.

Christiane Amanpour was wasted.  Although, to be fair, I don't think there was any way to make her appearance meaningful or believable.  The show has always tried to put famous people in without making a big deal "Will and Grace" SPECIAL GUEST STAR feel, but it doesn't work.  One complaint, why would she give Rory her card?  She doesn't usually do it, but for some reason, slouching pajama clad Rory just showed some spark?  Don't buy it, but the status quo remained throughout the end.

And, now I know his name is Hugo Grey.

Really funny how the show ended up implying things with the last Lane and Rory convo.  Lane was the married and mother side.  Rory was the taking on the world career side (or at least writing about it).  And, there's no combination of the two, huh?

The scene at the end with Lorelai and her parents were rushed, but it did close a few important details.  First, we have Richard appreciating Lorelai, not for helping him out or for doing something he would have approved of his way, but for her own accomplishments as a mother and beloved townsperson.  And, second the Friday night dinners continue.  And, Lorelai offers to continue them, so it was sort reciprocal.  Not all one sided from R&E to Lorelai or Lorelai to R&E, but both ways.  And, they made sure to imply that neither Lorelai or Emily will have personality transplants.  They've moved a step forward (no more obligatory dinners or just there for Rory) but they're still Lorelai and Emily.

And, I think that's all I have to say.  Except, did Rory say Lane's married name, and if so, what was it?

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
skftex
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2007, 09:42:56 pm »

Luke and Sookie.

I know she supported L/L.

But I remember so many times where they fought about anything.

I guess I didn't see enough friend-like behavior to judge correctly.
Sorry.

Well you don't have to apologize, I just really didn't ever get that they don't like each other.  If you saw it differently, I was just wanting to know why? You are entitled to feel differently, I was just a bit shocked to read that, because I've never seen it. So sorry if I sounded a bit militant in my reply. LOL I know they fought, but the only fights I can ever think of were about food, or cooking.  Because Luke is so "here it is eat it" and Sookie being a chef is all about the presentation as well as the taste. So I always saw that as a bit of difference of opinion but they usually ended up compromising on that as well.  Like in Tale of Two Poes, they come up with a dish together sort of.  Smiley  

And, I think that's all I have to say. Except, did Rory say Lane's married name, and if so, what was it?

She did, but I didn't understand it.  I thought it was Von somethinggerber. LOL Sorry, if no one else knows, I'll listen to that part again and see if I can catch it.

Sharon
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:45:22 pm by skftex » Logged

neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2007, 09:44:03 pm »

Ah, see, this is is why its so sad that my tape messed up, because I stepped out of the living room: I didn't even *get* that Luke was sewing together tarps,although later figured that out. But what I really missed, and just read now, and thank you sktex I think... I did not see Luke put the necklace in his pocket, aww...

And, I don't think Rory getting this job justifies her refusal of Logan, because no one would expect the wedding to be in time for this next episode. An engagement would only be in anticipation of a season 8, which I think, their break up also happened in anticipation of a season 8; if that made any sense... If rory had said yes at her graduation, and then this job offer came up, I doubt Logan would rescind the offer because she would be away for a while (uh oh, is this a whole new debate...?)

I will accept that this show is over, but its still a shame because really, DR and this writing team was really starting to get a feel for how to write and be these characters; they could have woven the final fibers of their stories nicely in, say... thirteen episodes.

They did have a wonderful little family moment at the end, but..
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:45:55 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Burtnnator07
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2007, 09:47:03 pm »

I loved it. I laughed, cried, squee'ed, awwed, and finally blinked.

I tried not to get my hopes up in case it was bad, but I really enjoyed watching it. The second I thought I might cry, I would end up laughing at some quirky moment. (Like Luke sowing the tarps together? How adorable!!)

I can't wait to be able to watch the series from beginning to end.

I don't know how to express how I feel. I just have this nice warm, heavy feeling in my chest.

Britney

"I ate the fuzzy certs....they tasted like keys!!!!"~Lorelai[/color]
skftex
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2007, 10:00:06 pm »

And, I think that's all I have to say.  Except, did Rory say Lane's married name, and if so, what was it?

I listened to it and I think she says Mrs. Van Gerbig? No clue how to spell that but that's what it sounded like.

Sharon

gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2007, 10:01:01 pm »

Ok I dunno about the rest of you but I feel short handed.

I loved that Rory met her idol and got a job. I know that is what she is meant for. I was also happy with the Luke and Lorelai kissing of course but come on!! We have seen the kiss thing already. How about a wedding?! In all the years that GG has been on I have waited and waited to see the wedding. I feel so jipped!!

I liked what Richard said to Lorelai when she saw her parents at the surprise party. I just wish Emily had said something. I wish she could finally say she is proud of her daughter.

This episode was not what I had hoped for. I don't feel that this was the right ending after 7 years.. Cry

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2007, 10:06:16 pm »

She came back!!!! I was so happy when I saw that ASP was on as one of the executive producers along with Lauren!!

I can't believe it's done!!! I was sitting there listen to the theme song thinking, this was the last time I will ever hear the theme song on a new episode ever!! It was so sad.

I must say that I was really happy with the episode! It wasn't the best, I would have loved to see more between Lorelai and Luke but the moment I saw them standing in front of Lukes' I was sitting there thinking 'one more kiss! I have to see them kiss one more time' I could stand thinking that I would never see them kiss agian! Except on the DVDs so for that I'm extremely greatful for the outcome.

I was crying so hard! Our girl is gone! She got a job. And I think that it's a job that suits her well. I knew that after the New York Times shot her down that something amazing had to be coming! I was really sad when Lorelai had to say good-bye to Rory. But now in my mind I can make up little things that can happen between Lorelai and Luke.

Emily and Richard; I was glad that they came to the party. It was sweet, it reminded me of the episode in the first season with Rorys birthday party at Lorelais'.

I have so many things that I can say right now, but I'm so depressed that it's crazy.... I just can't believe it's done. I'm still totaly in denial that it's over.

Ok I dunno about the rest of you but I feel short handed.

I loved that Rory met her idol and got a job. I know that is what she is meant for. I was also happy with the Luke and Lorelai kissing of course but come on!! We have seen the kiss thing already. How about a wedding?! In all the years that GG has been on I have waited and waited to see the wedding. I feel so jipped!!

I liked what Richard said to Lorelai when she saw her parents at the surprise party. I just wish Emily had said something. I wish she could finally say she is proud of her daughter.

This episode was not what I had hoped for. I don't feel that this was the right ending after 7 years.. Cry
I don't know if it was the right ending and I know that it wasn't the ending that I hoped for. But you know I thought it was ok. As I said before I just hoped that there would be more between L/L. I always thought that they would end up getting married.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
invisibleasm
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

~Fuzzy certs taste like keys!~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2007, 10:07:42 pm »

I cried during the whole eppy! This was the best show of the season for me. It  was good from begginging till end. It is sad to see it end, I have watched this show since it first aired. So, It has been apart of my life for 7 years. I felt tlike
I lost my best friend. But I will always have my DVD's.   

trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2007, 10:13:41 pm »

As many others have posted I too wanted more Lorelai and Luke stuff, but I was happy about where they kissed, in front of the diner where one year ago the ultimatum was made.  To me it came full circle but at the same time I still want more.   I cried both tears of joy and sadness saying goodbye to our girls!

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 62
  Print  

Jump to: