7.22 - Bon Voyage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 06:22:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 118288 Members
Latest Member: BKaleski

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.22 - Bon Voyage
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 Print
Author Topic: 7.22 - Bon Voyage  (Read 181919 times)
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: July 12, 2008, 09:06:25 am »

He asked her to marry him and she said no and then they were done.That is the short version.

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

doitagain
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 21, 2008, 12:33:43 am »

I'm new here, thought this would be the first episode I'd comment on.
I cried hysterically when they had the farewell party and kept crying for another 3 hours. It was so sad/happy/awesome.
Taylor's speech about birthing Rory into society, that was disgusting and awesome Smiley
I have to say I was quite dissapointed about the "famed" last words. And Luke and Lorelai getting back together - I mean, we all knew it was going to happen but it irked me nonetheless.
Man, I had so many other thoughts on this episode but they've all got lost in my dark empty head. I'll come back...
calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 02, 2008, 10:11:13 am »

The famed last words were something Amy Sherman-Palladino referred to when she talked about the end of the show.  She wasn't involved in the last season of the show.  So I understand the disappointment.  Also, when they filmed this episode they were under the assumption there would be another season.  ASP apparently had a plan for the last episode, but was fired after the sixth season. 

The relationship between Luke and Lorelai was set in the first episode of the series and the two actors played off of each very well.  I was irked that they did not give us more of them at the end.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 10, 2008, 09:48:38 am »

I wish we could have gotten the "famed last words" too...
I wish that at least the ending could have been better, even if we didn't have the famed last words. I didn't like the way it ended...like the conversation they had was pretty dull, not like the first episode's ending.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
brittersj
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 11, 2008, 02:48:55 am »

I know a lot of fans are upset about the way it ended and well the fact that it ended at all. I have been a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan from day one. Sometimes to the extent of ridicule from my friends (I'm 26). I even got my mom into the show. My mom and I have a relationship a lot like Rory and Lorelai so I immediately fell in love with the show.  As crushed as I was when I heard the show was ending I understood. Even the best shows have to end sometime. There reaches a point when the story line has to go in a direction that is hard to follow. I mean really, how many more times can you watch Lorelai and Luke get together and break up? And what happens if they finally get married. There goes the much loved antisipation of will they or won't they. And what did you expect Rory to do after graduation? Stay in Stars Hollow? Of course she was going to go off and start a new life. What kind of television would that make? And let's face it as funny as the Rory/Lorelai phone conversations could be, their face to face chemistry was far better. Basically what I'm saying is that even though I was sad to see the show end it is better to know your limits and bow out gracefully than to fizzle out due to lack of story line. Even the cast was ready for it to be over. As much as they all loved each other they were ready for a change, ready to move on. As we should be. Like it or not there is life after Gilmore Girls. I will always love the show, and having the box set I will continue to pull it out when I need a good Gilmoreisims fix, but rather than mourn the end I will choose to be thankful for the amazing 7 seasons that got me through so many mundane days.

As for the final episode I think it was a wonderful ending. It wasn't just about the town saying good buy to Rory, it was about all of us getting to say good buy to the series we knew and loved. No matter how a show ends there will always be loose ends. People will always want more. Yes I would have loved to see Lorelai and Luke get married, see the trouble Zach would get into on tour, See what kind of reporter Rory would turn out to be, if her and Logan would patch things up... i could go on but there is no point. Because even if all of those things had been reveled there would still be more. I thought it was tasteful and in keeping with the show. If they had done some over processed, uncharacteristic, big display it just wouldn't have been right. It was a little subdued but still very Gilmore Girls.

Just be happy that Amy Sherman-Palladino was brilliant, and had the foresight to see what a great show this could be.     
calbomm
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 11, 2008, 05:06:07 pm »

I agree the show had run its course, but there could have been a little more finality for the L/L relationship.  ASP not being there for the final season changed the tone of the show.  Over the course of the series she cultivated the L/L relationship and to have it end in the way it did was a letdown.  We can assume they ended up together, but a ring on her finger or some other sign would have been nice.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 11, 2008, 05:29:15 pm »

Yeah, I think that if ASP did it, then we would have gotten a better ending for the series....At least if they could have done a mini series.
I didn't like how the L/L relationship ended either...it was too sudden.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
natasha
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 67

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 13, 2008, 09:31:42 am »

but there are some signs that tell us whats the end.

i mean, the necklace lorelai is weariing in the last scene, its lukes gift... Wink

calbomm
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 13, 2008, 03:02:59 pm »

The neckace was cool, but there could have been a bit more to show they ended up together, maybe that would havae occurred if they had another season.
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 13, 2008, 08:12:55 pm »

Agreeded they couldve without a dout ended it better

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 13, 2008, 08:43:33 pm »

I know a lot of fans are upset about the way it ended and well the fact that it ended at all. I have been a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan from day one. Sometimes to the extent of ridicule from my friends (I'm 26). I even got my mom into the show. My mom and I have a relationship a lot like Rory and Lorelai so I immediately fell in love with the show.  As crushed as I was when I heard the show was ending I understood. Even the best shows have to end sometime. There reaches a point when the story line has to go in a direction that is hard to follow. I mean really, how many more times can you watch Lorelai and Luke get together and break up? And what happens if they finally get married. There goes the much loved antisipation of will they or won't they. And what did you expect Rory to do after graduation? Stay in Stars Hollow? Of course she was going to go off and start a new life. What kind of television would that make? And let's face it as funny as the Rory/Lorelai phone conversations could be, their face to face chemistry was far better. Basically what I'm saying is that even though I was sad to see the show end it is better to know your limits and bow out gracefully than to fizzle out due to lack of story line. Even the cast was ready for it to be over. As much as they all loved each other they were ready for a change, ready to move on. As we should be. Like it or not there is life after Gilmore Girls. I will always love the show, and having the box set I will continue to pull it out when I need a good Gilmoreisims fix, but rather than mourn the end I will choose to be thankful for the amazing 7 seasons that got me through so many mundane days.

As for the final episode I think it was a wonderful ending. It wasn't just about the town saying good buy to Rory, it was about all of us getting to say good buy to the series we knew and loved. No matter how a show ends there will always be loose ends. People will always want more. Yes I would have loved to see Lorelai and Luke get married, see the trouble Zach would get into on tour, See what kind of reporter Rory would turn out to be, if her and Logan would patch things up... i could go on but there is no point. Because even if all of those things had been reveled there would still be more. I thought it was tasteful and in keeping with the show. If they had done some over processed, uncharacteristic, big display it just wouldn't have been right. It was a little subdued but still very Gilmore Girls.

Just be happy that Amy Sherman-Palladino was brilliant, and had the foresight to see what a great show this could be.     

I agree with so much of what you said brittersj.  I think so many people are extremely and unabashedly hard on this finale because in my opinion it was a very moving and beautiful episode.  The truth is, they could never make a final episode of Gilmore Girls that would make me happy because I so wanted it to go on and on and on . . .but if it had to end I'm glad they took the time to have an episode that has warmth and so many elements of what Gilmore Girls is all about in it.  Yes, I'm a java junkie and would have liked to see more romantic L/L action in season 7, but I can sleep well knowing they were together at the end (and there was no doubt left that that's where they were headed). 

JuleeCooksey01
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 19, 2009, 11:21:34 am »

I'm so upset about the ending. I just haven't got enough of the Gilmore Girls. It's sad that there's no more seeing them.  I guess at least I have all seven season's to watch over and over. Sad
sandbag
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 28, 2009, 04:19:04 pm »

I tought the last episode was great. I mean I was disapointed too when Rory an Logan broke up, I thought now I'm never going to now how her life will be, who she is going to be with ... But the truth is that was the best part of the tv show ..it's soo realistic, it show life how it is , with good parts and bad parts...and in real life there are no happy endings, there are now moments when everything gets setteled and you life it's great... Life allways goes an ..An that's what this final chapter was about...showing us that theirs lifes still go one. And like in the real life, we can not now if Luke and Lorelai are going to have a great life , if Rory is going to be a great journalist, or if she is going to get back with Logan, or meat some other guy ....But that the beauty of life and of this show. And I'm not going to miss Gilmore girls, cause they are allways going to bee there Smiley
wazup
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 6

i am a die hard gilmore/rock fan

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 31, 2009, 01:46:33 pm »

when i watched the last show i cryed i was so sad and happy i was just filled with emotions my mom and dad walked into my room and they saw me crying and they where like Y ARE YOU CRYING and i was like BECAUSE I AM GOING TO MIS HEARING AND LEARNING ABOUT MY GIRLS LIFS

TWO ALL YOU GILMORE GIRLS OUT THERE
I WILL ALWAYS LISTEN

^ sig by: Zija
the * means that I did not know how to spell it
Me and Grace love pink lemonade!!
*Lexi*
flowergirl321
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 18, 2009, 02:03:35 pm »

I don't care what anyone else says this was a perfect ending to the series. More sad than happy though but I was like crying throughout the whole thing.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: