7.22 - Bon Voyage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 04:55:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475986 Posts in 1571 Topics by 111089 Members
Latest Member: suntndubs1

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.22 - Bon Voyage
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62 Print
Author Topic: 7.22 - Bon Voyage  (Read 179780 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 643

View Profile WWW
« on: May 14, 2007, 12:09:53 am »

Bon Voyage:  In the series finale, Rory gets a job as a political journalist and Luke organizes the whole town of Stars Hollow to throw a graduation party in her honor.  Emily and Richard attend the huge party, where Rory makes a speech thanking Lorelai and the whole town for giving her such a great start in life.  Luke's thoughtfulness brings out an unexpected reaction from Lorelai.  Journalist Christiane Amanpour has a cameo.

Screencaps:[/b]  http://www.gilmoregirls.org/screencaps/episode701
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 01:22:46 am by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
nicquii
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 01:25:56 am »

Huh Well this Doesn't seem like a fitting end to the whole series!! - i think instead of campaining toward CW and WB - we should also be campaining toward other networks that could potentially take up a series like this one - just like what happened to 7th heaven!! -

surely a new network would want the support and the ratings from such a huge amount of people - such as the one that follows the gilmore girls
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 05:26:20 am »

I wish tomorrow was not tomorrow! I keep trying to keep my hopes up but it's just so hard. I don't want to see them go! Cry
GlmrGrltAtHeart

Community Points: 44

Bunny cake! Yum!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 02:49:34 pm »

I am sad Cry, but hopefully this will be a good end to the series. Now I think it's really starting to hit me. No more new Gilmore Girls episodes after tommorrow. Let's all take a deep breath...in... and out... in... and out.

JJs  will always keep F.A.I.T.H.
Maurie: High on the Maze.
Beky
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

Forever L&L

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 02:59:08 pm »

Tomorrow can't come, this episode is to sad, this episode is the goodbye that I don't want to happen. I MISS GILMORE GIRLS ALREADYY...!!!!

Beky =)
Lizbelle45

Community Points: 13

She wants you, Luke.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 04:06:04 pm »

I was really hoping there would be a shortened eighth season. It just doesn't seem to fit that GG is ending! I hate to see it go. I've grown up with this show. I bought all 6 seasons in one summer, just to make sure I hadn't missed on by accident. I have loved this show, and it's characters so deeply. But I think it fits with the plan that AS-P had when she came up with this show. She wanted to end it with Rory's graduation and she's getting her wish. It's right after Rory's graduation and now the show is ending. It's just sad I guess! But all good things have to come to an end eventually right?

Wonderful Signatures Made By Lukesgirl

"You're going to kiss me now? So incredibly predictable."
-Lor to Luke

Java Junkie who's just keeping the F.A.I.T.H
calida
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

F.A.I.T.H.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 04:25:38 pm »

It's so sad. No more new Gilmore Girls. We'll be stuck with only 7 seasons. This show isn't getting the send-off it deserves. If it had a better ending I may not be SO sad. But now nothing happens. It's wide open for our own imaginations. Gr.

Java Junkie Part Headliner/Part Literati
iluvLandL17
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 06:12:53 pm »

I was really hoping there would be a shortened eighth season. It just doesn't seem to fit that GG is ending! I hate to see it go. I've grown up with this show. I bought all 6 seasons in one summer, just to make sure I hadn't missed on by accident. I have loved this show, and it's characters so deeply. But I think it fits with the plan that AS-P had when she came up with this show. She wanted to end it with Rory's graduation and she's getting her wish. It's right after Rory's graduation and now the show is ending. It's just sad I guess! But all good things have to come to an end eventually right?
that is exactley how i think about it. AS-P wanted to end it with rorys college graduation and it pretty much is so there is still a 50 50 chance that if she never left it would be ending any way. and your also right baout how all good things come to an end. every time i hear nelly furtados song " Good Things Come To an End" just the courus( i dont thinki spelt that right) i think of gilmore girls. Sad

sigs made by skftex:)
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 06:35:41 pm »

I'm just blocking out tomorrow.
Maybe it won't come...

love is blind so you didn't see me.
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 04:28:22 am »

It's tonight! I'm excited but I'm also dreading it. I can but I can't wait. God, this sucks. I'm wearing a black shirt today and a black headband and black ring and bracelets.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
HonoraryGilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Hi I'm Squeegee Beckenheim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 05:24:30 am »

wow. how do i survive this??! how do i live without my gilmore girls??!! 7 years. i grew up watching this show!!! i think my heart is literally breaking..

EMILY: Everyone’s awfully quiet tonight.
LORELAI: Sorry Mom, I’m just tired.
RORY: Me too - school.
LORELAI: Work.
RORY: Life.
LORELAI: Dig it man.
RORY: Peace out Humphrey.
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 05:42:30 am »

I'm just going to say something-

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

And I am wearing bright colors today, I'm not mourning. I'm celebrating 7 years, and hundreds of hours!!, of Gilmore Greatness.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
zeddie

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 05:48:06 am »

I woke up, got up - and then - i remembered.  I got depressed. I had a funeral to go to - in Stars Hollow.  Oh, i just am not handling this well. Tonight is THE END - how can it be? It went too fast. My sister will watch the end - she had become so despondant over things, she strayed, and here she was the one to first hold the torch. How sad. But she will have benefit of al the DVDs that i will own.

Hey - i wanted to invite everyone to read a little hommage i wrote to Gilmore Girls in the thread Mourning Loss of Gilmore Girls - page 5.   I am not sure i know how to link to that - is it hard?

Thanks, and wow, i think there will be a sadness over the world on this date, since our combined energy of sorrow must amount to something that could power a star for a million years....  Cry

I mean, how much does it BLOW that Paris, the GEEK of all times, gets her man to do it all - for her - she gets her love and RORY DOES NOT! That sucks major gas, sorry but it does! No matter who that man would be - (I am a Loganite myself) how much does it suck that we DO NOT KNOW if she will follow Lorelai and be searching into her 40's! O, i am so mad / sad about that - but oh, PARIS has it all going on - AFTER Rory was the one who helped her become "girlfriend material"

That is just plain BAD BAD WRITING. I better get going on my script. TimK will you help me figure out where to post it somewhere after i write it? THANKS!

I do think i will write a 2 hour made for TV movie about Gilmore Girls and try to get someone to do it.....  What else do i have to do after they go away... WAH WAH WAH.  Cry

Ok, see you on the backside... Cry Cry Cry Cry Kiss Kiss Kiss
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 06:54:44 am by zeddie » Logged

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
Stars-n-Moons

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 06:59:20 am »

Cry Don't think of tonight as a final farewell to all of our favorite Stars Hollow friends...but rather a celebration of 7 spunky, wonderful years.  Sit in front of your TV tonight, with a mountain of junk food, and celebrate those 7 great years...

I hope tonight's episode makes me laugh, cry, go through all of the emotions I have experienced while watching this show.  But, most importantly, I hope it gives me, and all of the fans, closure.

Tonight is a celebration, not a funeral!!     ...Cherish hearing Where you lead, I will follow, for the final time. Cherish the laughs and all of the quirky characters one last time. Cherish the smiles, the mother daughter relationship, and the friendships, one last time.  And most importantly, cherish the tears that have, and will, fall, one last time.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 07:21:38 am by Stars-n-Moons » Logged

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 07:10:51 am »

Well, today is the day. The day Gilmore fans have been dreading, the series finale. It's hard to believe that it's actually happening but we have so many memories from this show that will last long after it's gone.

Everyone, enjoy tonight's episode. Laugh, cry, relax, eat junk food, cherish the hour, sing the theme song when it comes on, marvel at the characters once more, and just don't let the hour go by without enjoying one last trip to Stars Hollow.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: