GilmoreGirls.org Forum
August 11, 2020, 02:59:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Patterson Stars in Saw IV - 06.19.07  (Read 5857 times)
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« on: June 22, 2007, 10:45:21 am »

Scott Patterson Stars in Saw IV

June 19, 2007

After the cancellation of Gilmore Girls, many of its stars have been able to land acting gigs on the big screen. Lauren Graham, who played Lorelai Gilmore, will be featured in the upcoming Evan Almighty, which will be in theaters this Friday, while Alexis Bledel, who played Rory Gilmore, will be reprising her role as Lena in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants sequel. As for Scott Patterson, who portrayed diner owner Luke Danes, he has been cast to star in the movie Saw IV.

Patterson, who gained popularity on Gilmore Girls, has appeared on shows like Seinfeld, Silk Stalkings, and Will & Grace. He has also graced the movie world with films like Three Wishes, Little Big League, and A Boy Called Hate.

While most of his acting credits are leaning towards drama, action and comedy, the 48-year old actor will now try his luck in horror-thrillers. Currently, it is unknown which role Patterson will portray.

Saw IV, which is directed by Darren Lynn Bousman, is the fourth installment of the Saw series. Following the death of Jigsaw in Saw III, Saw IV follows a man that must now uncover the tapes left by Jigsaw to unlock clues in order to find and save his missing daughter. Eventually, he uncovers absurd secrets about Jigsaw’s past. But to add complications, a character from the first film returns with different intentions.

Aside from Patterson, Saw IV also includes Tobin Bell as John Kramer / Jigsaw, Lyriq Bent as Rigg, Costas Mandylor as Detective Hoffman, and Sarain Boylan as Brenda just to name a few.

Saw IV, which completed filming on May 30, is currently in post-production and will be released on October 26, 2007.

Credit: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/gilmore-girls/gilmore-girls-actor-stars-in-s-7453.aspx

My New Website
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 01:33:03 pm »

im so watching that! i actually saw that like a few days ago when i searched him on IMDB....can't wait!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 08:55:52 pm »

Scott Patterson was on Silk Stalkings?  Shocked I knew there was a Patterson and a Palladino who worked on the show but I didn't think Scott was actually on it once. You have to understand I LOVED that show way before Gilmore Girls existed.  Kiss Even though I watched it when I was in Middle School and it had some dirty scenes in it; I was mostly drawn in by the amazing cases and the character chemistries. I'm curious to know what character he played? Probably a bad guy in one episode, right?  :Smiley

Well goodluck with the movie! I'm glad to see the three front actors of GG are trying to take off on their movie careers.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 10:04:49 pm »

He played someone called "Chick Chandler"  Shocked on one episode of Silk Stalkings called Pre-Judgement Day in 1996 according to imdb.com.  That's all I know because I didn't see it so I don't know if he was the bad guy or not, but his character name is pretty bad.

Sharon

minilorelai14
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 10:47:19 pm »

OMG IM SO SEEING THAT!! its weird its gone from Luke to Gilmore Girls and now Saw 4....so weird i could of never seen him in that..WOW! well it doesnt matter where ever my gilmore girl actors go ill go with them!!
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 10:56:39 pm »

He played someone called "Chick Chandler"   on one episode of Silk Stalkings called Pre-Judgement Day in 1996 according to imdb.com.
They used that name a lot throughout the series. They are awesome with characters but suck coming up with reasonable extra character names. They used the name Trisha many times too. But then again GG did that with the name: "Stan". Was it an episode with Chris and Rita? Oh, that would be a coincidence because Rob Estes played Jess's dad and had that "I'll put your head through a wall" scene with Scott Patterson.  Tongue
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:58:01 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 05:27:19 am »

Maybe kinda weird...but I can totally see him in a horror. And he's 48???omg he so doesn't look 48.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
HollowStar
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

There are no flowers, no not this time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 06:17:57 am »

I'm a Saw fanatic!  I loved the first three, and I actually thought they were going to stop making them after the third.  I'm glad I was wrong!  This is going to be great to see Scott in this movie.  I'm going to miss Luke, though.   Cry

It's also good news to hear that there will be a Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants sequel.  I know there are more than one book (but I'm not sure how many) so at least they aren't making it solely for $$ purposes.

I will let you down.  I will make you hurt.  What have I become?
lukefan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 02:28:03 am »

Heres the official synopsis for Saw IV which also lets us know which role Scott will be playing Smiley

Jigsaw and his apprentice Amanda are dead.

Now, upon the news of Detective Kerry's murder, two seasoned FBI profilers, Agent Strahm and Agent Perez, arrive in the terrified community to assist the veteran Detective Hoffman in sifting through Jigsaw's latest grizzly remains and piecing together the puzzle.

However, when SWAT Commander Rigg is abducted and thrust into a game, the last officer untouched by Jigsaw has but ninety minutes to overcome a series of demented traps and save an old friend or face the deadly consequences.

Tobin Bell --- Jigsaw
Scott Patterson --- Agent Straum
Betsy Russell --- Jill (Jigsaw's wife!!)
Costas Mandylor --- Hoffman
Lyriq Bent --- Rigg
Athena Karkanis --- Agent Perez
Justin Louis --- Art
Simon Reynolds --- Lamanna
Mike Realba --- Fisk
Marty Adams --- Ivan

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: