GilmoreGirls.org Forum
August 03, 2020, 03:00:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: No Season 8  (Read 43549 times)
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2007, 02:00:26 pm »

I'll get straight to it. I found this on TVGuide.com...

Gilmore Girls by Mark Liddell/The CWIn the end, they just couldn't strike a deal.

That, in a nutshell, is the reason Gilmore Girls isn't returning for an eighth season.

Multiple sources confirm that Warner Bros. recently made one final offer to Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel that included sizeable salary bumps for both in exchange for a shortened 13-episode season. As is now obvious, that offer was rejected.

The good news? The May 15 finale was meant to serve as either a series or season finale. And having just read the script, I can assure you that it's a satisfying conclusion to the series. As I previously teased, it brings Gilmore full circle.

The official statement is below.

"Announcing the final season of Gilmore Girls is truly a sad moment for everyone at The CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters. We thank Amy Sherman-Palladino, Dan Palladino, Dave Rosenthal, the amazing cast led by Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as well as the producers, writers and crew for giving us this delightful gem for the past seven years. We would also like to thank the critics and Gilmore fans for their passionate support and promise to give this series the send off it deserves."

Much more to come. In the meantime, post your eulogies below. Stay strong, guys.†

I can't even comprehend. A shortened season 8 seemed so positive. A life without a new Gilmore Girls episode? I hate that life. This is terrible! There are going to be too many things left unfinished. I mean they shot the last episode before they even knew it was the season finale. That's crazy. Only two episodes left. They better be damn good.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:41:02 pm by Gilmorefan xx » Logged

August 6th! 
uncledub
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

I haven't had that much fun since labor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 02:25:09 pm »

i'm gutted. this is a bonifde pisstake. i will still love the show and still hope for a 11th hour change, but evenutally, all good things must come to an end really

Luke: Rory was a kid, Dean. She grew up. She moved on. Accept it.
Dean: You accept it. This town, itís all you are, and itís not enough. Sheís going to get bored, and you canít take her anywhere. Youíre here forever.
Luke: Itís different.
Dean: Itís not different. You and me. Same thing.
javalova
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 02:33:30 pm »

Is there any chance of an 11th hour change?

It would seriously have to be an amazing episode for me to feel like they gave it the ending that it deserves.  If they didn't know that it was going to be the series finale, did they use the famous "last four words"?  Does anyone besides ASP even know what they are?  Will we ever know? 
This really sucks.  I would hate to see this show end with anything less than brilliance.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:37:20 pm by javalova » Logged
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 02:35:39 pm »

Is there any chance of an 11th hour change?

Well last year 7th Heaven was revied after it aired it's "series finale". It was a horrible decision, in my opinion, but it can happen. I hope it does for our girls. I just don't see proper closure in these last 2 episodes

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 02:36:26 pm »

This sucks. †I guess I figured it was in the bag...but appearently not. †I don't think there is much of a chance for an 11th hour, but maybe a miracle will happen. †

I'm in so much shock I can't tell anyone, just point to the article. †

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 02:39:08 pm »

The 11th hour change would be great. It's not much, but I need to find something to cling to, or I'm gonna be in depression forever. It's not just that the 7th season is the last, it's the fact that we weren't expecting this. I cannot get over that they shot the season finale, not knowing it was the season finale. I'm sure they made it so that it could go either way, but still...

August 6th! 
Erin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

The poster formerly known as lovingg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 02:39:59 pm »

I have no words.  Only tears.

conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 02:43:10 pm »

But wasn't everyone signed on for 7th Heaven?  That makes it different from this.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
lsufan
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 03:02:34 pm »

I am so much more upset by this news than I thought I would be.  Angry

It's due to the fact that in these last weeks, I felt like I had my show back. Only to have it ripped away.  Cry

I don't know how to watch the last two episodes without the bittersweet cloud of this bad news dampening my enjoyment.

I will always hate what ASP ended up doing to the brilliant show she created. She created it and destroyed it.

Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 03:07:21 pm »

^ ASP wasn't the cause. She didn't destroy it.
I could say more, but I'm sure GilmoreGuy78 will probably put his two cents in soon. When there's anything regarding ASP, he normally has something to say. Plus, I don't know every detail of her leaving, so I'll leave that to someone else.

August 6th! 
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 03:13:59 pm »

I am so upset. Honestly. I .. I don't even know. I can't imagine all the witticisms, all the wonderful plots, all the things we loved to hate, all of that being ending. I love all seven seasons in every aspect, but I can't comprehend there being nothing new. Ever.

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
javajunkie93
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 03:19:19 pm »

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The exclamation points go on forever!
I need Luke and Lorelai HEADED somewhere, I need Rory with a job prospect, I need everything IN its place, before the series can end! DAMNIT!

JaymeSue
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 03:23:39 pm »

I'm in total shock!! I really had my hopes up of at least having a shortened Season 8, but now my hopes have been shattered. I'm really upset that we won't get a L/L wedding afterall and that R/L will be breaking up also. Not a good way to end a show that means so much to their fans. I think the fans should have gotten what they wanted and Lauren/Alexis should have signed on for a shorter season. There were alot of s/l that never really finished up and I'm really disappointed that GG is now nothing but a bittersweet memory.
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 03:46:13 pm »

Emails are great, but take a little time to get a stamp and envelope and mail a letter to:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
willowsprite
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 03:48:26 pm »

How a series ends does matter, its like the end of a good book --without the right ending, you just feel disatisfied and cheated --for instance with the Will and Grace finale. †Sex and the City did it right, when you think of that series (if you're familiar, you feel good, knowing it came to a good end. †Myths and stories have power. †We know how most of us wanted this to end. †And I just don't see how they could pull it off when they were keeping the options open for another season while shooting. †I can't say good-bye yet. †Cry

--I'm also curious how something goes from 'in the bag' to 'couldn't strike a deal'.  What happened, what changed Huh
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 03:52:30 pm by willowsprite » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: