GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 26, 2022, 11:24:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: 5.03 - Written in the Stars  (Read 65226 times)
Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2007, 07:39:22 am »

Does anyone know where I can download clips of this eppie? I need the "Don't be so puritanicle, after all, Heather has two mommies." clip from Lorelai

Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2007, 06:58:34 pm »

Gilmorefan or Youtube normally have the full episodes. Try that! =]

August 6th! 
GilmorexGirlsxo
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

i just like to see you happy.<3

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2007, 12:38:24 pm »

i love this episode i love the whole story about wen lor and luke first met and i love how luke has a lukes
i so agree! i love this one!! its one of my favorite episodes. i wish there was a season 8!!
finally episode was SO SAD i still can't belive its over. Cry

i still support season 8!<3
JavaJunkiee
Diner Chef

Community Points: 269

GG and HP obsessed :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2007, 01:56:15 pm »

my favorite episode everrrrrrrrrr

I am always so embarassed for Lorelai when she walks into the diner wearing only Luke's shirt!! Every time I'm like OH NO LORELAI DON'T!!!  Embarrassed

LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2007, 07:24:23 am »

my favorite episode everrrrrrrrrr

I am always so embarassed for Lorelai when she walks into the diner wearing only Luke's shirt!! Every time I'm like OH NO LORELAI DON'T!!!† Embarrassed

Hehe, I know, I get so caught up in it, even though I've seen the episode multiple times before.  Smiley  It's a great ep, though!  One of my favorites. Cheesy

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2007, 07:07:58 pm »

i love how luke has a luke
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2007, 12:02:51 am »

Hate early, must kill early.

One of my fave episodes.  Grin

Luke was a bit overzealous with his "im all in" comment... but for him it was 8 years of bottled up feelings and emotions and he was trying to express that in a way... and along with the horiscope, it basically showed Lorelai that everything that happened over the past 8 years, everything he did for her wasnt just out of friendship. It probably why Lorelai decided to jump into bed with him on the first date.

But later on in the episode after richard and emily's wedding we see lorelai return the "all in" comment to luke, even though they broke up for a while it showed how their relationship had really changed, because now it was Lorelai who was really wanting it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 03:21:51 pm by Tucker » Logged

JMARCH
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2007, 02:11:57 am »

I loved L&Lís date, and how he Ďfessed that he kept the horoscope for eight years. Who knew Luke was a romantic, eh?

I thought Iíd hate Logan, but I quite like him. Confident and cocky; his attitude is reminiscent of Tristan, whom I also liked. Martyís such a sweetie, and it seems like heís got a thing for our Rory. I canít see him as anything more than a friend to her, though.
Carrie Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2007, 12:46:56 pm »

Hate early, must kill early.

One of my fave episodes.† Grin

Luke was a bit overzealous with his "im all in" comment... but for him it was 8 years of bottled up feelings and emotions and he was trying to express that in a way... and along with the horiscope, it basically showed Lorelai that everything that happened over the past 8 years, everything he did for her wasnt just out of friendship. It probably why Lorelai decided to jump into bed with him on the first date.

But later on in the episode after richard and emily's wedding we see lorelai return the "all in" comment to luke, even though they broke up for a while it showed how their relationship had really changed, because now it was Lorelai who was really wanting it.

I have to disagree about Luke. I think when you are older, now Luke is supposed to be in his late 30's/early 40's maybe, and you've had a string of failed relationships and one failed marriage that you know in your gut (to quote Luke) when something/someone is right.

I was 30 when I got married. Now this isn't super-late by today's standards, but several years older than the average American woman. My husband and I had a very similar conversation on our FIRST date, that we were both "all in."

I don't fault Lorelai for jumping into bed with him on the first date. They have been friends for EIGHT years. They know each other very well and have been there for each other. This is completely different from being intimate with a complete stranger.

And, yes, I think it's obvious from Episode 1 Season 1 that Luke likes her, but I don't think his being  there for Lorelai is purely just alterior motive to date her. I think he genuinely cares about Lorelai and Rory from a friendship basis. He bring ice to Rory's birthday in season 1. He goes to her graduation from Chilton. He drives Lor to the hospital when her dad has his first heart episode in season 1. I think you see how Luke is there for others (like Kurt in Raincoats and Recipes) that it's just his nature. I think his friendship feelings for Lor are deeper because he does want something with her, but it's not his motivation in friendship.

Carrie

Carrie
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2007, 03:00:15 pm »

I loved Luke's "i'm all in" line at the time, but it lost its lustre after "Wedding Bell Blues". Did he really mean "I'm all in unless Christopher shows his face and your mother scorns me"? Not that i really doubt his devotion to Lorelai, but if he really knew that Lorelai's the one, why was he so quick to bail?

I agree with Carrie Ann, that Luke's motives throughout the years have been genuine. He is in some ways as much as a father figure to Rory as Chris. Relationships on this show often have multiple layers and his friendship with Lorelai was just as real as his attraction.†

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2007, 06:01:15 am »

I loved Luke's "i'm all in" line at the time, but it lost its lustre after "Wedding Bell Blues". Did he really mean "I'm all in unless Christopher shows his face and your mother scorns me"? Not that i really doubt his devotion to Lorelai, but if he really knew that Lorelai's the one, why was he so quick to bail?

I agree. When Lorelai told him after the wedding blues that she is all in, i thought that would remind him of what he promised her but he bailed so quickly. It took him a lot of time to get back with her and the worst part is it was after Emily's talk.

I agree with Carrie Ann, that Luke's motives throughout the years have been genuine. He is in some ways as much as a father figure to Rory as Chris. Relationships on this show often have multiple layers and his friendship with Lorelai was just as real as his attraction.†

I don't think that Rory ever thought of Luke as a father. There is some kind of formality between them. Even when he hugs her it's so weird for both of them and when L&L started dating she went to her father to tell him to leave them alone, describing Luke "and he is.....well, he's there". I don't know i always thought that was cold like she didn't really like Luke, she just thought he was the best for her mom. No father/daughter feeling involved.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 06:07:14 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2008, 04:28:21 pm »

This was a great episode...

Luke & Lorelei's first, real date... Luke keeping her horoscope... mmm... Luke taking her to a restaurant he never takes anyone too... it must've been special.

Then, the sex!  I bet it was everything they've anticipated times a million.  Then Lorelei waking up to get coffee only to be seen by the town wearing Luke's shirt.  Hilarious...

The town all over their relationship is funny and Luke & Lorelei are sticking with each other.  Someone play the Velvet Underground's "I'm Sticking With You".

Emily and Richard's seperation... strange... that was kooky and awkward.  Richard doing his own thing and Emily doing her own thing... wow. 

Poor Paris, Asher died... Marty lost his bet.  Paris' coping with Asher's death is hilarious and Rory being her friend.  Paris crying to Emily about Asher. 

The introduction of Logan... and Finn & Colin.  I kinda like Logan, sure, he's kinda an asshole but kinda fun.

Marty wanting to be with Rory but no... she goes to Dean... it's wrong... IT'S WRONG!!!  IT'S WRONG!!!!!!!!!
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2008, 11:50:33 pm »

...The town all over their relationship is funny and Luke & Lorelei are sticking with each other.† Someone play the Velvet Underground's "I'm Sticking With You".

Wow, i did not expect to see this song referenced. I love the Velvet Underground. And Lane has expressed her own love for Nico.

We got a taste of how incomplete Emily's life is without Richard. I'm sure the same emptiness applies to him but the focus was on Emily's lack of purpose. Where were her so-called friends from the DAR? It was a sad moment when they were haggling and Richard pondered that this was how it was going to be from now on. But i enjoyed the rare scene shared by Emily & Paris, who are two kindred spirits wth their blow-torch personalities, even if Paris' blow-torch was on low in their scene.†

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2008, 04:46:10 pm »

...The town all over their relationship is funny and Luke & Lorelei are sticking with each other.† Someone play the Velvet Underground's "I'm Sticking With You".

Wow, i did not expect to see this song referenced. I love the Velvet Underground. And Lane has expressed her own love for Nico.

We got a taste of how incomplete Emily's life is without Richard. I'm sure the same emptiness applies to him but the focus was on Emily's lack of purpose. Where were her so-called friends from the DAR? It was a sad moment when they were haggling and Richard pondered that this was how it was going to be from now on. But i enjoyed the rare scene shared by Emily & Paris, who are two kindred spirits wth their blow-torch personalities, even if Paris' blow-torch was on low in their scene.†

It's scary how snarky people get along so well in this show, Emily & Paris, Emily & Michel, Emily & Mrs. Kim. hmmm, the key word here is "Emily". I think she can pick up the snarky vibe in people! That's a talent!  Cool

I was sad when Emily and Richard were separated. These two are meant to be together! Although i admit i have always wondered what do they see in each other. they seem to be living in two different worlds. As for the DAR women, they didn't know about the separation because of course Emily is too proud to say something. Now that i think about it, i wonder what did they say when Emily went on a date?!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 04:56:16 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2008, 11:39:00 pm »

I was sad when Emily and Richard were separated. These two are meant to be together! Although i admit i have always wondered what do they see in each other. they seem to be living in two different worlds. As for the DAR women, they didn't know about the separation because of course Emily is too proud to say something. Now that i think about it, i wonder what did they say when Emily went on a date?!

Emily & Richard are perfect together, two sides of the same coin. But after almost 40 years they went through a phase where they were no longer seeing eye-to-eye. I think Richard was more to blame for his increased aloofness towards Emily and ignoring her good sense during the whole blow-up with Jason and his father. His attitude was, "this is what i am doing on our behalf and you have to go along with it, nothing more to be said on the subject." About Emily's date, there probably was plenty of gossip on the subject amongst the DAR people. I reckon Emily and Richard survived it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: