Discussion of Spoilers
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 02:24:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Spoilers
| | |-+  Discussion of Spoilers
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Lorelai and Chris getting back together?
Lorelai and Chris together; YES itís about time. Iím so watching season 7.
LL apart; well Iíll watch it till they get back together but I wonít be loviní it.
LL apart AGAIN; THIS IS IT IíVE HAD IT WITH THIS STUPID SHOW. I donít care if they fix it later on, they will never fix it with me. Iím boycotting this show.
LL apart; who cares.
LL apart; I wonít be watching GG till the good episodes come back on.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 413 Print
Author Topic: Discussion of Spoilers  (Read 793524 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 03:20:34 pm »

Saw that.† And here are my thoughts:

Ok so, the WB is one tricky little biotch.† It's a network based solely on drama and because Gilmore Girls is a dramedy with emphasis on the "comedy" part, I think they try to make it seem a lot more juicy than it really is through promos and stuff.† For example, the promo for 5.10 (But Not as Cute as Pushkin) said something like "She uncovers a secret about the relationship she thought she knew...a secret that they may never overcome" about the L/L fight.† Well, I'm in hives all week, worrying and thinking that they've only been together for eight episodes, so this is just dandy, only to discover on Tuesday that the fight lasts a total of six minutes.

I think the same thing is happening right now.† I think the little girl (April?) is just going to pick three random guys for her little project of whatever, and Luke will just go along with it as a good sport.

If he is her father, I will cry.  I will bawl.  I will boycott the show, and I might actually be serious when I say that.  I'm not sure yet.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 04:27:29 pm by TheHumanCoffeePot » Logged

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
rdbrnss808
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 05:44:09 pm »

i agree that it would bad for the writers of the show to have this little girl be luke's daughter.  they should make her be taylor's daughter....that would really throw the whole town for loop Grin
Beth
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

sunshine014 back in action!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 08:30:05 pm »

Dude. Anyone saw the newest spoiler? Newest sides? I can't believe it. It's gotta be a foiler. Just gotta be. Because? No. It just can't be real. No freaking way in hell.

The spoiler is that apparently Luke has a kid. There are new sides. No. I'm in denial.

When you told me, I almost fell off the chair. In agony? Maybe. I'm annoyed that this is the "complication" because if it was Rachel, at least we'd see that cool actress again (although, I don't think I could handle another love triangle!).

April popping up should be interesting, only to see how the writers handle it as to not have it be the cheesiest thing ever.

Also? On the promo note? The WB really is one "tricky little biotch." Emily saying "Oh My God, Richard!" was saying it about an EFFING BAG, not contraceptives or birth control pills! At least that would have been juicy. *sly smile*

Do you think my hair looks cool? 'Cause, you know, some days I wake up and I'm like, cool. Some days I'm like, could be cooler. Like today I got up and I was like, left side cool, right side not so cool.
~~~
Fox Force Five #4
er3465
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 09:57:48 pm »

So guys this is really bad, now they are saying that Chirs is coming back, that part is not as bad as April though.† I just cannot honestly see how this will end up well.  And the promo for this week was horrible that bag is not important at all what tricksters.
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 03:53:05 am »

I felt kind of stupid, but...did anyone else get what the big deal was about the bag?  Embarrassed  I mean, I figured out from all the Emily-stuff that it was really expensive, but I sure didn't know.

Anyways...sorry for the OT thing.  These new spoilers are depressing me beyond belief.  I don't care if Chris comes back, I really don't.  It's not like L/L are gonna break up again for the same reason.  But Luke cannot and will not have a daughter.  I just can't take it.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 06:26:38 am »

I actually came here cause I wanted to post that Luke's kid post as well. THIS SUCKS! It's a small town...don't ya think the man would know when someone he just slept with 9 months ago suddenly has a kid....I know he isn't very social but he isn't stupit either. The fact that Lorelai already has a kid I can deal with. Chris is making the storyline a little soapy and unrealistic, but well so can life be sometimes. But Luke having a daughter is just to soapy even for a soap. And God forbit we get to meet the mommy. Please tell me it's not gonna be a refurse Lorelai/Chris thing cause that isn't funny/intertaining. And I have a sick feeling I'm gonna stop watching GG soon.  Sad

LORELAI: Oh, donít be embarrassed Snuffy, Iím just teasing. Itíd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

Morada
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

VA Beach, VA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 08:39:53 am »

I actually came here cause I wanted to post that Luke's kid post as well. THIS SUCKS! It's a small town...don't ya think the man would know when someone he just slept with 9 months ago suddenly has a kid....I know he isn't very social but he isn't stupit either.
Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem with this?   Shocked

He was with Rachel 10 years ago, wasn't he?  He kept the horoscope in his wallet for eight years and he was with Rachel before that.  I'm kinda excited to see Luke's daughter.  I think he's been through enough character development to be a really good dad and I think deep down inside Rachel was a good person (even though she had a problem with being flightly).  If Christopher comes back and ruins everything, at least Luke has someone important in his life.  I thought the actress who played Rachel said she was retired from acting and it wouldn't be a far stretch to believe Rachel was killed while she was off doing photography somewhere.  Maybe that's why Rachel came back in the first place and when she relized Luke was in love with someone else, she wouldn't tell him about the baby because she didn't want to ruin his life.  No woman wants to be saddled with a man who's in love with someone else, but marries you out of some old-fashioned sense of duty.  Not to mention, if Lauren and Alexis are over doing Gilmore Girls, it gives Scott Patterson a wonderful opportunity to have his own show based on Luke. 

I've been much happier this season than I have in a long time.  Lorelai seems to be growing up in the way she interacts with Luke.  They've had some great scenes, like the one on the roof where Luke is trying to explain to her he shouldn't have had to tell Rory they were engaged.  That's where I would have hoped she would be last season, but I guess Amy wanted to really make her look clueless.  If Amy has to shake things up, I'd much rather have something new like Luke's long-lost daughter than another round with Christopher meddling.  The Christopher thing has just gotten so old and overdone. 

But that's just my opinion.

It only takes one kiss...

to speak from the heart.
sis way
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 08:42:08 am »

Yeah! Luke has a kid... Shocked

someone can tell me more about that?  Huh
White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 09:00:38 am »

Morada where did it say it was Rachel's cause that I don't mind, but another woman in town havin Luke's daughter would screw up GG for me. I don't want a female Chris hangin around. 

Vicks
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 11:55:40 am »

I felt kind of stupid, but...did anyone else get what the big deal was about the bag?  Embarrassed  I mean, I figured out from all the Emily-stuff that it was really expensive, but I sure didn't know.

A Birkin Bag is ridicolously expensive. Anywhere from $5,000 to $ 70,000. There were estimations that Rory's bag is about $10,000. It's a status symbol. There is usually a two year waiting time to get one, so I don't know how Logan could have gotten it so fast. I'm kinda suprised that they had that bad on the show...that's a lot of money to spend on just one  item even for a TV show.

FFF#3
B.A.D member

Patience, Grasshopper

Don't forget to vote at the GG T-shirt thread!
Morada
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

VA Beach, VA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 12:16:41 pm »

Morada where did it say it was Rachel's cause that I don't mind, but another woman in town havin Luke's daughter would screw up GG for me. I don't want a female Chris hangin around. 
It was based on pure deduction - I don't know anything. 

We know from previous episodes where Miss Patty has talked about Luke and Rachel that he was with Rachel prior to meeting Lorelai.  We know he was really broken up about Rachel because Luke alluded to that in a conversation with Lorelai about whether he should make room for Rachel...he said he got over her leaving before, he could do it again.  We know Luke feels things deeply and isn't much of a whore-dog as indicated by how much pushing Jess had to do just to get him to ask Nicole out, so I wouldn't suspect that Luke went out for revenge sex when Rachel left before he met Lorelai.  We know it can't be Crazy Carrie's because she's married and Luke would never sleep with a married woman.  That also means he would have had to sleep with Crazy Carrie after the high school incident because Luke's my age and I've been out of high school for almost 30 years...the kid would be much older if it was an accident that happened in high school with her.  It's too young of a kid to be Nicole's.  It has to be Rachel's by process of elimination. 

But Amy is a writer who likes to go for the full monty, so it could be anyone's kid.  I just hope it's Rachel's.

A Birkin Bag is ridicolously expensive. Anywhere from $5,000 to $ 70,000. There were estimations that Rory's bag is about $10,000. It's a status symbol. There is usually a two year waiting time to get one, so I don't know how Logan could have gotten it so fast. I'm kinda suprised that they had that bad on the show...that's a lot of money to spend on just one  item even for a TV show.
My first thought when I saw it was someone on the staff had finally gotten theirs and they borrowed it on the set (isn't that how Amy said she got her ideas, from things that happened to the staff in their every day lives?).  I can't see Birkin giving the WB one just so it can be shown on Gilmore Girls...but I could be wrong.

It only takes one kiss...

to speak from the heart.
White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 12:41:14 pm »

But the little girl will be 13 years old. So that's after Rachel left the first time and before Lorelai. And it will be a local girl, so which guy can't put 2 and 2 together and figure out he has a kid when suddently your ex has a kid 9 months after you slept with her?  Roll Eyes

I just can not see me watching GG if Luke goes over to help out this woman he has a kid with. Especially since she hasn't told the man about his kid in over 13 years. The man hardly has people in his family and she could have told him years ago he had a kid. Sure he wasn't kid-friendly back then, but still that's wrong.

I'm hoping she isn't really Luke's kid, but they just hang. Cause just because the little girl eliminates the other 'dads' that doesn't mean Luke's her dad. It only means the other 2 aren't and Luke looks like he could be. Sure he asks about her mom..whom he knows but that doesn't mean he has a kid. Who knows maybe his DNA is the closest match, but not a match. Okay yes dinial is my best friend!  Wink Grin

Liz
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

Lit/JJ forever

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 12:51:07 pm »

What are they doinnnngggg??? Yep I'm starting to whine.

I think it's a silly tv ratings gimmick to have this whole "long lost daughter" thing come up now.

... I can even see (as much as I'm going to hate it) the Christopher thing come back up - you know to 'interfere' in L&L's bliss - that was always an issue which I can see the GG writing crew wanting to mess with again.. except this time L&L can overcome him for good (at least they better!!!!) but ... a daughter? It's weird and I don't think it's a good way to get fans interested in GG again.. I'll eat my socks if it does work and GG becomes an even bigger success than before but I really don't think that's going to happen. I mean we're touching on the shores of Soap Opera world here.. what's next an evil twin for Lorelai?

JMO.

White Onyx - Is there room for me in the on the denial bus?

White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 01:15:53 pm »

Lets make it a train...so basicly every JJ can join us....cause trust me they will when they hear this. God I wish I was a spoiler-free JJ right now. I'm sticking with the fact that promo basterd is messing with out heads again, like he did about the 'problem' at the inn. So till I see it with my own eyes , I'll stay in denial.

And just in case it is promo basterd again, I just want to be the first JJ to say:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 01:21:15 pm by White Onyx » Logged

White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2005, 01:42:17 pm »

....Just lurked over at Fanforum. Well denial isn't going to well at the moment. I'm gonna quote a little piece of the actual slides of episode 6.09 genevieve put up:

Scene 25 - Day 5 - Science Fair - Luke walks into the middle school gymnasium and finds April's booth "Finding My Father: A Dughter's DNA homecoming". There are 3 photos on the board, two have slashes through them. Luke's photo remains unmarked. April is surprised to see Luke. Luke: So I guess... April: yeah, it's you. He asks if she's sure. She says absolutely and offers to let him look at her report. He has trouble deciphering it. Luke sees April's last name and recognizes it. He knew her mom, Anna, and asks how she is. Luke says he thinks he needs to sit down. April gives him her stool. April asks if he wants a Capri Sun. Luke takes a deep breath and says "So, I'm your father". April replies with a yes and Luke comments that he didn't know about her 'cause if he did... Anna says she knows. A group of people come by the booth and notice Luke sitting right under his picture...

Either promo basterd is getting really REALLY good at screwing with us. Or ASP obviously switched medication and should switch back immediately. Maybe he only thinks it. Cause come on a 13 year old did the testingÖthat doesnít scream accurate to me. Okay itís a show so Santa Clause could do the testing and it will be correct, but come onÖÖ Do they want this to be the last season, or something. Okay I get that Luke will see the whole Lorelai/Chris kid thing from a different side, but that will still stick the man with a daughter he never metÖ.and an ex he will have to be in contact with for the rest of his life.

EDIT: Okay denial kicked back in again and this is my take on it. Luke will think he's her father, cause she thinks he's her father and well her mother doesn't know who it is, cause apparently she slept with a big part of the male population in SH so... Wink Grin. Luke will like the idea of a kid and will ttally fall in love with the little kid, but will really REALLY want as kid after he figures out she's not his. And he will lighten up on Chris/Lorelai cause he would have done the same thing in that situation (the havin a kid together, so need to stay in contact situation).†
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 02:02:50 pm by White Onyx » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 413 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: