2nd Annual GilmoreGirls.org Awards - Questions and Results
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:37:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  2nd Annual GilmoreGirls.org Awards - Questions and Results
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: 2nd Annual GilmoreGirls.org Awards - Questions and Results  (Read 81086 times)
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 06:58:19 am »

best sig creator- JavaJunkiee

the idea is to nominate via pm...
so please copy all the categories into a pm...nominate a member for each category (or just the ones you want to)
and then send the pm to mela489

thanks, marlies  Wink
ps: i love your sig..it always changes..you always put other pics of your daughter in..she is very sweet

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 07:00:02 am »

best sig creator- JavaJunkiee
Please don't post who you are nomonating here. Smiley Thanks
(haha, sorry this is twice, she just got to it first because when I write posts they tend to take time)

I would think not, but maybe, since you can nominate yourself. Cheesy

you can really nominate yourself? lol
yes you can! Smiley

haha I know what you are trying to say, but we have one kinda close...though it is only for one character.  But also the catigories are 'closed'. haha, now it is just time for everyone to nomonate people for the list of catigories above.
Oh, okay. So we're still having it, the nominationing is just postponed? Haha, I'm so glad you understand my mumbo jumbo; it's so rare. Cheesy

So I have a question: can I only nominate one person per category? I would think not, but maybe, since you can nominate yourself. Cheesy Once I find that out, then I will pm you with my nominations! Smiley

Thanks for doing all this, Mel!

Nomonations are going on now Smiley (the catigories are set because everyone is starting to nomonate people for the catigories, so that is why we cannot add any new ones)  Yes, you can only nomonate ONE person in each catigory

Since there seems to be some questions i'm going to try to make them clearer in the 1st post to see if it helps Smiley

THANKS EVERYONE!

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 07:07:18 am »

(haha, sorry this is twice, she just got to it first because when I write posts they tend to take time)

lol..melanie..*hug*

yes you can! Smiley

hmm..sorry to say this..but i think that is insane...
why should one be able to nominate oneself..

the idea is to nominate people and show them they are appreciated..
i mean: of course i would like to win an award..who would not? but i would not nominate myself..lol
just my 2 cents...

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 09:09:25 am »

i mean: of course i would like to win an award..who would not? but i would not nominate myself..lol
just my 2 cents...

Yes, some people believe that, and they thought it wrong, so they did not vote for themselves last year.  But my thoughts was, that if you think that you really want a specific award, why not?  It goes both ways, maybe we'll change it next year if a lot of people think you shouldn't be allowed to vote for yourself, but for now I think its best just to keep it this way.  I completly understand what your saying though.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 12:55:03 pm »

just my 2 cents...

Yes, some people believe that, and they thought it wrong, so they did not vote for themselves last year. But my thoughts was, that if you think that you really want a specific award, why not? It goes both ways, maybe we'll change it next year if a lot of people think you shouldn't be allowed to vote for yourself, but for now I think its best just to keep it this way. I completly understand what your saying though.

Holy cow!!! I was shocked to see this too! I wouldn't ever think of nominating or voting for myself in anything. That's crazy! I understand if you think you should have some certain award - or even if you want a certain one...that's just human nature. I just think that, as Marlies said, people should be nominated by others as it's a gift or a sign of appreciation. I just had to throw that in. I was going through the list yesterday, trying to figure out who I was going to nominate, and couldn't finish because there's just too many wonderful people here!!

There seems the need for more categories to include more people! (Not that I don't think what's here is wonderful!) I just really wished there were more so more people could be nominated for gifts or qualities that they have too! :sstar: Because, there's SO MANY brillaint, wonderful, amazing people here - and I hope that they know that, award or not! Smiley Just my two cents...Two Cents Thanks for all your work on this Mel! Smiley You rock!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 01:23:18 pm »

Hey M! (Wink)  If you really thought there should be more catigories you should have said something while we were coming up with them for a month Wink  lol
There are less than last year, which I said to Angela and Marian I think "there are only 23 catigories this year" and they both were like "only" lol, but there are so many deserving people I wish can recieve awards.

haha sorry if i'm just rambling, I need to do so much stupid homework/projects and I only really have one week left of classes, ugh...right now, this is me procrastinating. lol

thanks for voting, keep it up and spread the word! Cheesy

lozman
Inn Manager

Community Points: 198

laura, yep thats me

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2007, 01:33:12 pm »

cor so many less than last year, i so would won one before had i joined earlier (jokes) and im glad they are back, i think i joined just before the awards or during them last year, so ive had a year to get to know people on the board, and im sure i shall send u my nominations soon!!! right *gets thinking* glad i can participate this year!!!!!

Lozman x

JavaJunkie...Lieterati...Noddie...Flyswatter
F.A.I.T.H 
sig by monicakeller!
no season 8 makes me SMAD
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 02:12:11 pm »

Oh Melanie I was just expressing how much I think the members here are so awesome and amazing! I wasn't meaning that you did anything wrong by any means! I hope that it didn't come off as such! Sad Honestly, I hadn't seen anything about this until now, so it made me realize I should come to the main forum more often! Haha I think the categories are just wonderful! I just wanted to express how much I adore the members here and think that even if you don't get an award, that doesn't mean that you're not awesome or brilliant or creative or such! Smiley That's all! I appreciate all your work that you've done for this! You rock! (Good luck with your homework, that's what I have to get started on right now too!)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 02:13:25 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 08:38:12 pm »

Okay I'm making my nominations and sending them to you now Melanie. 

Just wanted to add that the award categories look much cleaner and simpler this year which is a good thing.  And whilst not everybody will win one (and yes I agree we do have many wonderful members here), it will just give them inspriation to contribute more to the community until the next voting period.

Think about celebrating those that have made you smile or laugh or look at something in a different light.  Also think of celebrating those that celebrate the show we all love.  All is good!

Caryn
xxx Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 12:41:05 pm »

Melanie, I just wanted to jump in here and thank you for all you're doing with this!  It really is amazing.  Smiley  Also, I sent you my nominations last night...sadly, I only felt comfortable filling out about half of them since I haven't been here long enough to really form an opinion on the rest.  Anyway, thanks again, and a *pretty stick* for all your hard work!  Cheesy

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 03:20:43 pm »

how long does voting last for?

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 04:13:16 pm »

OOH! Grin This sound like fun! My first Annualy Gilmoregirls.org awards! I'm PMing now!

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 05:35:05 pm »

Thanks Mel!

I PMed you with the nominations. I also agree with Sooks, even if some of us don't win, we're still pretty awesome. We're just one big happy family. Haha, I got that from a commercial... which commercial? I forgot.

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 05:47:46 pm »

cor so many less than last year, i so would won one before had i joined earlier (jokes) and im glad they are back, i think i joined just before the awards or during them last year, so ive had a year to get to know people on the board, and im sure i shall send u my nominations soon!!! right *gets thinking* glad i can participate this year!!!!!

Lozman x
yeah thanks!! Smiley  haha, yeah, I actually remember you twards when you first joined.  Its hard to vote when you are new and don't really know anyone.

OOH! Grin This sound like fun! My first Annualy Gilmoregirls.org awards! I'm PMing now!
haha I got yours! Cheesy  THANKS!!!!!!!

how long does voting last for?
The nomonating of people will last until June 22nd. (though that is the official end...I will really keep accepting them until I got to get the top people in the catigories for voting which depends on how busy I am with my friends graduation parties Wink and my own)

Oh Melanie I was just expressing how much I think the members here are so awesome and amazing! I wasn't meaning that you did anything wrong by any means! I hope that it didn't come off as such! Sad Honestly, I hadn't seen anything about this until now, so it made me realize I should come to the main forum more often! Haha I think the categories are just wonderful! I just wanted to express how much I adore the members here and think that even if you don't get an award, that doesn't mean that you're not awesome or brilliant or creative or such! Smiley That's all! I appreciate all your work that you've done for this! You rock! (Good luck with your homework, that's what I have to get started on right now too!)
aww THANKS!!! lol its okay.  I really don't come to most threads anymore...I remember the good old days when I used to use my 'show new replies to your posts' but now I have 8 pages there....and I have no time, so I stick with basically coming here and Heidi's soapbox and if i have time a couple others. lol

Okay I'm making my nominations and sending them to you now Melanie.

Just wanted to add that the award categories look much cleaner and simpler this year which is a good thing. And whilst not everybody will win one (and yes I agree we do have many wonderful members here), it will just give them inspriation to contribute more to the community until the next voting period.

Think about celebrating those that have made you smile or laugh or look at something in a different light. Also think of celebrating those that celebrate the show we all love. All is good!

Caryn
xxx Kiss
I'm glad you like the catigories this year...last year I didn't come up with them, this year its a joined effort of org members Smiley
yeah, so many people deserve to win.  SO many people are getting nomonated I want to say how everyone is amazing in their own way and are all super great people!

Melanie, I just wanted to jump in here and thank you for all you're doing with this! It really is amazing. Smiley Also, I sent you my nominations last night...sadly, I only felt comfortable filling out about half of them since I haven't been here long enough to really form an opinion on the rest. Anyway, thanks again, and a *pretty stick* for all your hard work! Cheesy
aww thanks! Smiley  I haven't used that option in so long. lol
haha its okay you couldn't fill out many...like I said about, its hard when you haven't been around long

Thanks Mel!

I PMed you with the nominations. I also agree with Sooks, even if some of us don't win, we're still pretty awesome. We're just one big happy family. Haha, I got that from a commercial... which commercial? I forgot.
thanks! Smiley  haha, you should have a PM back from me already Wink  lol yes.  haha, that does seem familiar too. oh well Smiley

keep up the nomonating and spread the word!!! Cheesy THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!![/color]

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 07:31:58 pm »

Mine should be with yousometime today Melanie.  I have two more categories to fill in then they are all yours.

Just letting you know where I'm at Smiley

Caryn
xxx Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: