Luke Danes Unappreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2014, 04:45:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 104738 Members
Latest Member: vtimsldsrr

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Unappreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Luke Danes Unappreciation
Poll
Question: When Did you stop liking Luke?
Season One - 1 (4%)
Season Two - 1 (4%)
Season Three - 1 (4%)
Season Four - 0 (0%)
Season Five - 1 (4%)
Season Six - 15 (60%)
Season Seven - 6 (24%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Luke Danes Unappreciation  (Read 25212 times)
gilmore_luver_07
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

gilmore girls<3

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2007, 07:37:03 pm »

::peeks head in::
I didn't know there was a such thing as a Luke hater! (Just a joke!) I wish more people would post so I could see some of the reasons people don't like him. I am a major JJ.† Roll Eyes

Me 2 I havnt really heard that many ppl that dont like Luke. I love him, but Id like to hear reasons ppl dont like him. Its just not comenly found in GG.

<3Alison LeAnn.
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2007, 06:49:48 pm »

I love Luke!! I know he has been a bit of a jerk but he has always been there for Rory and Lorelai whenever they needed him and even if he didn't have to be around he was. I mean when Richard was sick he was there to help. He's a good guy.

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2007, 11:04:10 pm »

hehe this thread is turning into an appreciation thread Grin

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2007, 11:41:58 am »

Mods, please merge this thread with the other Luke Unappreciation Thread.†

Editing until this thread is merged with the current Unappreciation thread.  Although I stick firmly and unwaveringly to my opinion that people should have the right to one freaking thread where they can unappreciate Luke in peace and without objection or correction from anyone.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 04:41:07 pm by Dani257 » Logged

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2007, 02:53:22 pm »

I love Luke, but he can annoy me to no end.

I hated how there were a million instances when he could've asked Lorelai out, times when both were giving out signals, but nothing ever happened.  I know they might have lengthened the relationship before so we could be that much happier when they finally got together, but goodness, there was so many times.

I hated the April situation.  I know it was both of them and their communications, but this is the Luke one, so I'm going to focus more on him.  He should have told Lorelai, it was a stupid mistake for him not to.  He was pushing her out.

I agree about what people said with him pulling out of relationships.  He, I think, loves Lorelai more than anyone else, but he still has 'pulled out' at times.

So, Luke, like almost everyone in the show, has bugged me at one point, and I'm just glad other people have been bugged by Luke.   

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
gilmore_luver_07
Chilton Graduate

gilmore girls<3

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2007, 08:17:45 am »

I dont see how ppl like HATE Luke, yeah sumtimes he drives u crazy but HATE Luke? I think Impossible.

<3Alison LeAnn.
gilmore_luver_07
Chilton Graduate

gilmore girls<3

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2007, 08:22:14 am »

Thats a good idea so lets try it. Lol.

<3Alison LeAnn.
uncledub
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

I haven't had that much fun since labor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 11:10:12 am »

I'm not fond of Luke, but i don't hate him. I could say what i think about Luke, but dani257 already pointed out most of the things i was going to say off the bat, but there are some more. the one moment i really really disliked Luke is when speaking to Lorelei at the end of "He's Slippin' 'Em Bread... Dig" when he was lying his pants, shirt, belt, shoes & socks off.

It always uber-bugged me on how in season 1 he first encouraged the idea of Rory & Dean and then turned on him acting like he never liked him in "Forgiveness & Stuff" and then continued to have that petty beef with him.
He should have talked with Dean and/or telling Rory WHY she shouldn't have gone to the wedding. His behaviour in "We Got A Pippi Virgin", fecking ell, Luke was acting like he was 4.
What else,,,, oh yes, I wasn't a big fan of him during the end of season 5, with the whole first being opposed about Lorelei talking to Mike Armstrong, (she would have never sell the Inn anyways, she would have never leave Sookie in that position), and Luke getting jumpy since he thought he was going to lose her since Dean dropped very truthful bomb on him that he was ALWAYS going to be Mr. Stars Hollow.

And also, the guy fashion sense, or should i say, lack of. Yes, this is a bit superficial, and granted he knows when to wear a shirt (as in the pilot), the guy needed Lorelei's help for some good looking clothes since he was never going to go buy some of the stuff that she bought in "PS I Lo...". Nothing bugs me more than guys who (desperatly) need other women's help to buy clothes, especially from age 15-45. The only time i seen Luke look really really good (and i'm saying this in the most heterosexual way possible) is in "New & Improved Lorelei" when Luke & Lorelei is going on a date.

yeah, i think that's it.

Luke: Rory was a kid, Dean. She grew up. She moved on. Accept it.
Dean: You accept it. This town, itís all you are, and itís not enough. Sheís going to get bored, and you canít take her anywhere. Youíre here forever.
Luke: Itís different.
Dean: Itís not different. You and me. Same thing.
Mara
Diner Regular

Community Points: 25

"I'm the perfect storm of caffeine and genetics."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2007, 03:46:07 am »

Here I am ... I can't stand that guy ... mainly because I like Chris better, but if Lorelai would have been happy, well, who am I to stand in the way  Shocked ... I think the whole writing went bad ... really bad ... I didn't like him from the beginning ... I can't explain why ... but when he started to treat Lorelai like dirt and she let him ... I started hating that guy. No woman should let a guy treat her the way he did ! He has a bad temper and Lorelai became a very quiet person ... it even looked like she was "afraid" of him and his tantrums.
I just can't stand him !

katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2007, 05:21:34 am »

I didn't know this thread existed, wow I'm not alone.
Ok my problem with Luke isn't with him per se it's with him and Lorelai being together. So this is a J/J unappreciation post. I like Lorelai, I don't mind Luke, I don't like Luke and Lorelai together. Their banter is not timed right, I could never believe them as a couple and she seems like she needs to be with someone who's more of a free spirit and less grumpy. I also agreed with the Dean "you and me, same thing" quote. I felt like Lorelai didn't really get to have an adolescence as she raised Rory and now she needs to travel, go crazy, have fun and not be tied down to Stars Hollow. If she'd stayed with Chris she could have had ties to the hollow and wings to see the world.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2007, 09:58:17 pm »

I didn't know this thread existed, wow I'm not alone.
Ok my problem with Luke isn't with him per se it's with him and Lorelai being together. So this is a J/J unappreciation post. I like Lorelai, I don't mind Luke, I don't like Luke and Lorelai together. Their banter is not timed right, I could never believe them as a couple and she seems like she needs to be with someone who's more of a free spirit and less grumpy...

I find it almost impossible to talk about Luke without considering his connection to Lorelai, and so this also amounts to a L&L unappreciation post...

Through the first four seasons i rooted for Luke & Lorelai to get together. When it finally happened in the season 4 finale i loved it. But once they became a couple, all the pizazz went out of their relationship. This reached its low point in season 6 when they were engaged and living together. I could understand the usual ups and downs of any relationship, but they did not communicate and seemed to inhabit different universes. Some of this i blame on Lorelai for not speaking up about things, but mostly it was Luke's fault for being oblivious to Lorelai's feelings and being aloof most of the time. He made a few nice gestures, such as putting a tv in his bedroom for Lorelai, but mostly he seemed set in his ways and unwilling to compromise on anything. He, more than her, screwed the whole thing up. He always pined for Lorelai and when he finally had her, he blew it!! The message during season 6 seemed to be that they really do not belong together. This felt like a betrayal to me, because based on earlier seasons i had expected they would click.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:06:23 pm by bingbong » Logged

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
#1DeanLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 24

I love Dean, and I am insane!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2007, 05:36:42 pm »

How could anybody hate Luke?Huh

Censor Bam Pow Shocked Shocked
I love Luke! Smitten

~#1DeanLover
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2007, 07:23:27 pm »

How could anybody hate Luke?Huh

Censor Bam Pow Shocked Shocked
I love Luke! Smitten
Then why are you on this page? There is a luke appreciation board for just this kind of thing. I certainly wouldn't turn up on a 'dean appreciation page' and start knocking him.
Please post on boards that are relevant to your 'shipping. Or save the debating for the general boards such as 'Lorelai's boyfriends' or 'Which gilmore guy is your favourite?'
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2007, 08:41:49 pm »

Before i start talking about Luke , just wanted to say something .

I don't understand why everytime someone criticized† a character people immediately think that he hates it and start attacking him or her. I think if we want to talk about something we should mention the goods and the bads of it. For me, I think that people's faults are what make them special and more human.

=================================

The first thing that occurs to me when i think about Luke is " EIGHT YEARS " !! eight years of waiting - although some thinks it's romantic- i think it's pitiful† .
Think about it, he never told Lorelai that he liked her but the whole town knew and they took pity on him .supposedly he didn't get together with her in season 7 then he could have wasted 8 years of his life crawling for something never meant to be .

I didn't like the way he treated Lorelai in season 6 although I have to admit at the begining of that season he was great Just by going shopping with her even though he hates shopping .. He wanted to fill in Rory's place . He was really† thoughtful at the begining But then he messed up . I hate that he told Lorelai that they should tell each other everything no matter how uncomfortable it may seem. Then He didn't tell her about april so what he's saying was that role applies only when Chris is in the picture!! I hate that he told Liz ( but† not Lorelai) .

what i don't like most about him that he is so realistic and that's the main reason i think he's not the one for Lorelai. Lorelai is very† dreamy .. " snow - love - fate† - music- festive things ) mean so much to her & part of who she is. and that's why i thought Max was the one for her .

bingbong, Do you know how we talked about Emily not being much of a huger ? i think that applies to Luke as well . I feel he is Incapable when it comes to expressing feelings . what Lorelai said about him not telling her that he loves her often proves that . Because† He does love her, i don't doubt that - but he doesn't show it the way he's supposed to .

And he gets angry easily!!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:52:41 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2007, 09:55:27 pm »

Hmm interesting.  Luke was pretty much my favorite character...then Lorelai, but I came into this thread because I wanted to read why people don't like him.  Lots of good points made and yes, he definitely has flaws.  I definitely agree about the points about him waiting 8 years. 

I do want to counter the thing about Luke not saying he loved Lorelai-I guess thats based on the fact we didn't hear it-but we didn't hear it from Lorelai either.  So why is it just horrible that Luke didn't say it and not that Lorelai didn't? Or is this all based on the "I need to hear it sometimes" comment from the Valentines Day show, and assuming Lorelai often said it him? 

I have another question having never wandered into an unappreciation thread (well maybe I was on the Jason one once I don't remember), while I know the point of it and expected to read more bad things about Luke than I actually did, is it just too bad if we disagree with something like I do about the "I love you' situation, that I shouldn't have questioned it? This is an honest question so don't take it as a snipe at people who don't like Luke, because I don't care if everyone loves him or not, I just want to know what is expected on the unappreciation thread. Smiley

Sharon

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: