Luke Danes Unappreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2014, 02:36:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475985 Posts in 1571 Topics by 108869 Members
Latest Member: Nisiddj

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Unappreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Luke Danes Unappreciation
Poll
Question: When Did you stop liking Luke?
Season One - 1 (4%)
Season Two - 1 (4%)
Season Three - 1 (4%)
Season Four - 0 (0%)
Season Five - 1 (4%)
Season Six - 15 (60%)
Season Seven - 6 (24%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Luke Danes Unappreciation  (Read 25517 times)
Left Field
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 03:43:29 pm »

WOW a place to vent my splene about everything that frustrates me about the most annoying character on GG.  This should be my favourite thread on the GG forum, but I didn't even know it existed until a few days ago. Smiley
Can I just say I don't hate Luke, I just don't think he is good enough for Lorelai, and he has proven this throughout the entire running of this show, but never more than during season 6.  The April saga, need not have been a saga, if he told Lorelai from the beginning, and introduced her to April early on, and his inablilty to keep his anger/jealousy in check without all the information (Christopher's phone call).  These are all signs of a very insecure man, and man who deserves to spend the rest of his life without the woman of his dreams.  I could probably mentin a thousands more things that infuriate me about Luke, but I'm currently at work, so I can't blab for too much longer.

"Lorelai Gilmore.  Dissappointing mothers since 1968"
SnowPrincess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 06:07:09 pm »

I agree with gilmore-girl, Lorelai knows that she's lucky to have him and Luke knows he's lucky to have her, too. He's just been so out of character after April came into the picture. Lorelai waited very patiently while he sorted through all this new stuff in his life and she understood that he needed some time alone with her to get to know her, and being patient is very unlike Lorelai, but she did it becuase she loves him and he took it for granted.

Flyswatter~Spree~Noodie~Lauren Fan~and JavaJunkie above all (Have F.A.I.T.H.)
            I support the Great8Mandate!

^ This wonderful banner, was made by Euran, not me.
EternalFlame
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

Christopher & Lorelai Lover

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 08:11:42 pm »

LORELAI: I want Luke back.

LUKE: He’s standing right here.

LORELAI: No, he’s not.

I think that sums up all i would have said. I loved Luke, i thought he was funny and had a great friendship with Lore but then he changed. And i must say ive grown to not like him really at all any more. When i see him i get angry  Sad But i noticed something when i was watching season 2 the other day (really last night haha) and i realized he's really always treated Lore at arms length. Like with Jess and how he wouldnt listen about how he might be over his head. He didnt let her try to help him (even if there wasnt much she could do). ..Mer its just depressing.

I want old Luke back  Cry

Grin Aspiring Middy Grin Aimee Elizabeth- Causing Fear In Mothers Hearts Since 1988

Christopher & Lorelai Belong Together - CW stands for Cash Winnings
SnowPrincess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 02:47:35 am »

I want old Luke back  Cry

*sniffle* Me, too.  Cry

Flyswatter~Spree~Noodie~Lauren Fan~and JavaJunkie above all (Have F.A.I.T.H.)
            I support the Great8Mandate!

^ This wonderful banner, was made by Euran, not me.
ErinG
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 04:30:13 am »

I want old Luke back to, you know before he turned into an ass. I love the episode forgivness and stuff, when he goes through all that trouble to get Lorelai to the hospital to see Richard, that was good old Luke Cry

gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 08:14:17 am »

I have hope that old Luke will return..  Cry We got Rory back..

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

Karissa717
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 102

Luke & Lorelai 4E

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 01:38:46 pm »

i am a complete Loreli-Luke fanatic. he is just so perfect for her.

he definitely handled the april thing stupidly. he knows loreli's personality and how she loves to be involved in everything. and he shut her out. but loreli took it the wrong way too. she didnt tell him how he was feeling until it was too late, and all of her frustration bursted out, leaving a very confused luke. i mean it was completely out of the blue for him. their commmunication died in season 6. but hopefully they will get back together this season Pleased

Java Junkies will always keep their F.A.I.T.H.
Proud BBB

Noddie
Flyswatter
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 02:21:08 pm »

Like a lot of men Luke will realize what he has when Lorelai breaks it off. Then he'll fight and change his ways to win her back. We all had to figure the whole April and now Christopher thing was going to be an issue. This will make Luke appreciate what he truly has.

- gilmore-girl

EternalFlame
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 09:09:17 pm »

Mah im tired of hearing how bad Chris is, why dont people bring up how not nice Luke is? Its like he's freaking Moses and can do no wrong.

There is stuff i could say but i dont want to put possible spoilers in a place sprees read so i wont say much but watch the damn eps that are on now, and hello Season 6? Need i really say more? Gah im just ticked off and grrr.

I dont hate him i just really really really dislike him now  Angry

Grin Aspiring Middy Grin Aimee Elizabeth- Causing Fear In Mothers Hearts Since 1988

dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2006, 09:32:33 pm »

It's not that i don't like Luke. I mean I love him, I really do. But after all of the really bad stuff that has been happening lately, I don't know. Luke has been making me really really mad. I mean, he waited 8 years for Lorelai to come around and then when she does everything is good then here comes April and then Lorelai is nothing. When I heard some of the comments that Luke have said I got really mad at him. So that's what I feel about Luke right now, I am extemely mad at him.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
french1016
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 54

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 04:39:07 am »

I love Luke, to me he is a man's man and so responsible ect. Now my fiance` can not stand him, thinks he is a jerk and always has something to say while we are watching the show. It's cute really. The fact of the matter is, Luke is quite selfish and needs to put other's befor himself first not later when he screws up so bad he may loose everything. But I still love Luke!

Darcey
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 10:04:01 am »

All men screw up. I mean Luke is going to eventually realize that he was dumb and sweep Lorelai off her feet!!

- gilmore-girl

EternalFlame
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 01:47:21 pm »

If all men screw up (lord knows they do haha) then why does everyone hate Chris.. isnt he entitled to his mistakes like Luke?

gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 03:10:44 pm »

Of course.. I mean Christopher is only human but he knew in a lot of ways what he was doing in terms of not being in Rory's life that much. He tried and I give him some credit for that but Luke was there more.

- gilmore-girl

EternalFlame
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 03:57:52 pm »

If only peple could understand like you do. And yes Luke was there more, but like Sherry said  "He is obsessive about his call dates to her." We dont get to see much because he's not a regular character like Luke..but this is turning to something else then a rant about Luke haha

I still stick to what ive said about Luke, i dont like how his brain has shrunk... *giggles* Because thats what they say happens to men when they get older so they get meaner and snippier

But yeah, i just want him to come back to being himself

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: