Favorite Gilmore Girls Couple
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 05:10:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 105939 Members
Latest Member: gffuozhe

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Relationship Threads
| | | |-+  Favorite Gilmore Girls Couple
Poll
Question: Who is the best couple in the show?
Lorelai and Luke - 86 (69.9%)
Rory and Logan - 27 (22%)
Liz and T.J - 1 (0.8%)
Lulu and Kirk - 8 (6.5%)
Miss Patty and Taylor - 1 (0.8%)
Total Voters: 122

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print
Author Topic: Favorite Gilmore Girls Couple  (Read 49194 times)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2008, 09:56:16 pm »

Hey, you forgot to take a swipe at Dean! Wink There were times when it felt like Jess enjoyed the hunt for Rory more than the actual conquest. He cared for her as much as he was able to care for anyone at that point in his life, which wasn't a whole lot. As her boyfriend he sometimes took her for granted, or fell into his "i'm too cool to show i care" attitude. He was too screwed-up inside to be a consistently attentive boyfriend.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2008, 10:28:13 pm »

Ah but I did take a swipe at him albeit in indirectly. I implied that I found his and Rory's relationship quite boring and enjoyed watching Jess deliberately try to break them up.  Wink
I agree with Jess preferring the hunt. It probably made life for him in Stars Hollow bearable. He made no secret of his disdain for small town life so he created his own fun by riling up Dean. But once he had the girl, he still had his underlying issues to deal with.
On that note Rory enjoys trying to change people doesn't she? I just realised. With Dean it was expanding his literary tastes and getting him to go to college, with Jess it was getting him to go to school and lighten up and then Logan, getting him to commit and settle down. 
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: June 19, 2008, 07:55:39 am »

i didn't like jess too.

cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2008, 07:54:46 pm »

Jim ~ I agree with you about liking that Rory didn't have anyone to stop her from going out and getting a job without having anyone holding her back.  And yeah I think that the way it ended with Rory and Logan was because of bad writing and/or how the whole show ended.  It was said that if there had been and 8th season, Matt Czuchry, was coming back so maybe they might have gotten back together and the writers just assumed that that is where it was going, but then there wasn't an 8th season.

I would like to have seen Rory with someone different.   I liked Dean at first, but then later, especially after Jess came to town, he started changing and started getting to possessive.  I started not liking him.  Didn't like Jess until after he went to Philadelphia. Atleast not as a boyfriend for Rory.  And never liked Logan. 

Katie_lou - We don't see eye to eye about Jess and his motives.  I really hated the way he went about stealing Rory from Dean.  But that is life.  Everyone has their own look on things and that is okay.  I do have to admit that if Rory really liked Dean like she said that she did and if Dean hadn't started treating Rory the way that he did, Jess probably wouldn't have been able to win Rory over.   

I remember when Jess was dating Shane, he told Luke that he didn't really like her but the kind of girls that he liked (meaning Rory) didn't care about him.  Kind of felt bad for Jess at the point.

Yes, I agree, Rory did have a tendency to try to change her guys.

Like Jim said, Jess did care for Rory the best that he could at that point in his life.  He really didn't know how and ended up taking her for granted, but maybe not on purpose. 

All of Rory's boyfriends were screwed up in one way shape or another.  That is why I would like to have seen her with a totally different guy.  Maybe one that she would have met on the job. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2008, 05:43:47 am »

I do have to admit that if Rory really liked Dean like she said that she did and if Dean hadn't started treating Rory the way that he did, Jess probably wouldn't have been able to win Rory over......I remember when Jess was dating Shane, he told Luke that he didn't really like her but the kind of girls that he liked (meaning Rory) didn't care about him.  Kind of felt bad for Jess at the point.

I don't really see that. I think Rory was ready to move to the next step of her growth and she needed someone different from Dean. It's not that Dean's changed but she was the one who was changing. She needed someone to challenge her but at the same time she wanted someone so different from her. You know what i find funny though? She wanted someone to talk to about books and music but she never had any meaningful conversation with Jess about any of that. Not as far as i recall, even before he started to have his problems.

I never felt sorry for Jess when he talked about Shane. He was a jerk (like always). And i am surprised that Rory didn't lose interest after she'd seen him with Shane. I mean, how can she be interested in someone who doesn't have respect for women in general?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 05:48:31 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2008, 01:22:32 pm »

Sidney ~ you and I are just never going to agree on anything, are we?  That's okay.  It makes like interesting. It was so evident that Dean was changing.  Part because Rory was talking to Jess more and more and Dean started to get more jealous and possesive.  Because he did change, it helped to push Rory more to Jess.  You just said what Lorelai had said about Rory being ready to move on and maybe she was, but Dean helped push her towards Jess.  I know that if I were with a guy who acted like Dean did, I would want to move on, too. 

Even though Jess acted like a jerk the way he worked at breaking up Dean and Rory, I still felt bad for him because of the family situation that he was in.  His dad walking out on him (according to what was said in Nick and Nora/Sid and Nancy, Jess's dad walked out on them when Jess was 15) and his mom not knowing how to deal with him (I don't think she was much of a mother to begin with), he was really messed up and confused.  He didn't want girls like Shane, but they were the only kind of girls that would give hime the time of day.  He wanted an intelegent girl that he could really sit down and talk with about intelegent things, like books. 
The Shanes in this world seldom even pick up a book.  I think that Jess and Rory had the best of both worlds so to speak.  Books and making out.  Yes, I am sure that if Jess really put his mind to it, he could have changed and could have attracted girls more like Rory without going to the extremes like he did to split up Rory and Dean.   Not every girl needs a bad boy in her life at some point and I really  didn't see Rory as one who did.  Although, she did end up with another bad boy later on.  Just a richer one, Logan. 

bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2008, 08:52:08 am »

Assuming Jess was telling the truth, the non-caring relationship he had with Shane was mutually agreed-upon casual dating. He went with Shane partly to make Rory jealous and partly because she offered her lips with no strings. Considering his pysche at the time, that was probably the perfect situation for him. I agree with Cherilee in feeling sympathy for Jess in regard to his messed-up life. But that is completely separate and does not excuse him from hitting on Dean's girlfriend. Jess broke the code of hitting on another guy's girl, a code which applies even if you don't like the guy. But i put the ultimate blame on Rory because she could have stopped Jess. If she had looked him in the eye and seriously told him to back off, i believe he would have done so and that would have been the end of it. He knew that she was intrigued, it kept him in the game and his moral compass wasn't strong enough to back off on his own.

As far as Rory trying to "change" her boyfriends i think they were mostly good-natured attempts to help them. She viewed success in life through formal education and tried to guide Dean and Jess along that course. It might not have been the best course for them but she meant well and i never saw any negative or selfish connotations in it. Dean might have helped himself by going to college, possibly picking up a few practical skills. With Jess, she saw his intelligence and hoped school would give him direction. With Logan, she tried doing it his way, casual dating, and it didn't work for her. So, she issued him a challenge at monogamy. He could have rejected the idea but he decided that she was worth the effort and he would give it a try.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2008, 02:14:27 pm »

As far as Rory trying to "change" her boyfriends i think they were mostly good-natured attempts to help them. She viewed success in life through formal education and tried to guide Dean and Jess along that course. It might not have been the best course for them but she meant well and i never saw any negative or selfish connotations in it. Dean might have helped himself by going to college, possibly picking up a few practical skills. With Jess, she saw his intelligence and hoped school would give him direction. With Logan, she tried doing it his way, casual dating, and it didn't work for her. So, she issued him a challenge at monogamy. He could have rejected the idea but he decided that she was worth the effort and he would give it a try.
Oh I wasn't trying to imply that she was acting for selfish reasons, like Richard trying to get Luke to franchise his diner. It was actually a reaction to 'But I'm A Gilmore' when Lorelai says "are you sure you want to be in the business of changing people?" re: Logan and my reaction was "what planet have you been on? That's what she does". Even Tristan who wasn't her boyfriend received some good-natured advice about pulling his socks up.
And if we were to ask Rory, if she were real, she'd probably tell us that all she did was suggest things and that if they changed for the better, eg Dean getting into college or Logan moving past the LDB, it was all their doing.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2008, 06:42:53 pm »

Jim ~ I agree that his upbringing is no excuse for hitting on Rory when she was with Dean.  He did break the code.  That was wrong and that is why I didn't like him until after he went to Philidelphia and got his life straightened up.  Rory did try to tell Jess to back off, that she was with Dean but Jess just talked over and disregarded everything she said.  Rory also wants to like everyone so she looks beyond peoples faults to see the good and wants to be their friend.  Jess was persistant and wouldn't give up.  I dodn't think that he would have backed off no matter what Rory said.  He had it in his mind that he wanted her and he was going to get her.  Pissing  Dean off was just a plus. Yes, Rory did become interested in Jess, but Dean also pushed her towards him by his actions.  Being jealous and posessive.  The blame really is on all three of them.   

I agree that, even though Rory was trying to change her boyfriends, it was all in a positive way.  It was to broaden their minds.  To show them that education is a great thing and that they were capable of doing better.  Jess and Dean, anyway.  Logan she did try to get him to settle down and make something better of himself.  To not be this Rich Kid who thought that life was just a game to play.  To be responsable.  I don't think that Rory was issueing Logan a challenge at monogamy, if you are talking about when she got upset about him just wanting a casual relationship where they would see other people and then she got drunk when the town museum opened and she went to him to tell him she wasn't a "casual dating" kind of person.  I think that she just went to say she was done and was going to move on.  I feel Logan just took it as a challenge and he would take it because he deceided she was that one he wanted to be with.  Just my thoughts.   

Katie_lou ~ now there was a real act of trying to change someone.  Richard bombarding Luke  with all of those things.  Man, it made my head spin. 

gg crazy
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: July 07, 2008, 02:22:37 pm »

I think the best couples r:

Chris and lorelai
logan and rory
Luke and rachel
kirk and lulu
 Love

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 07, 2008, 08:27:43 pm »

Chris and lorelai
logan and rory
Luke and rachel
kirk and lulu
 Love

I like those couples you chose! It makes everyone end up with someone great.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
Jess1395
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 05, 2008, 06:02:06 pm »

ok.
how do you hate logan
he is such a sweet heart and reallyl does love rori

ya he makes a couple mistakes sometimes but so what?
i love
i hate that they broke up=(
gg crazy
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: August 05, 2008, 06:40:53 pm »

ok.
how do you hate logan
he is such a sweet heart and reallyl does love rori

ya he makes a couple mistakes sometimes but so what?
i love
i hate that they broke up=(

me 2!!!!!!!!!!!

giuly94
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2008, 09:20:48 am »

Chris and lorelai
logan and rory
Luke and rachel
kirk and lulu

GG CRAZY-- U ARE SOOOOO RIGHT!!!! those are exactly the best couples of the gilmore girls!!!!
And 4 those who say that lorelai and rory shoudn't be with chris and logan ................ U  NEED HELP!!! Grin
CHRIS AND LOGAN 4 EVER!!!! Kiss
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2008, 06:28:58 pm »

I think the best couples were...

1. Luke and Lorelai  (the best in my opinion)

2. Luke and Rachel

3. Lorelai and Chris (Second Best in my opinion)

4. Rory and Logan

5. Kirk and Lulu
                                            Ok im totally for Luke and Lorelai but Chris and Lorelai where an awesome match too!!!!!!!!
                                              So dont hate me for saying that I like chris plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: