Music Thread
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 11:37:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 100289 Members
Latest Member: TRamaciot

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Music Thread
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 148 Print
Author Topic: Music Thread  (Read 207923 times)
lalaliz2005
« Reply #1080 on: March 23, 2007, 12:08:42 pm »

Yes there's already a thread:

http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6829.0
indiecoffee
« Reply #1081 on: March 28, 2007, 05:15:18 am »

oh man, I remember being in college a few years ago, in the summer before classes began, my roomate and I would sit out on our balcony, crack open a few beers, and just chill out with some "mad season."† That first song, with the strong bass line, it just gives me chills.† For me, it definately takes me back to that one moment in time.† I love how music can do that.† You can relate certain songs and bands to certain moments in your life.†

last song listened to/currently listening to: Sunny Day Real Estate - Snibe
gilmoreren
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 36

Fairtrade Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 28, 2007, 10:55:17 am »

oh man, I remember being in college a few years ago...I love how music can do that.  You can relate certain songs and bands to certain moments in your life. 

Totally get that. they can help inspire creative writing too. i'm writing something mainly 'by song' at the moment.

--
I'm a C19 girl

Gilmoreren an aunty soon...
vietvet1
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 28, 2007, 11:41:28 am »

The very first episode had a song on the opening scene that seemed to set the tone for the series. I'm not sure of the name of the song, maybe "There She Goes", or something similar. The first episode had brilliant music and made you want to see what was happening next.
Then something happened.
The following seasons seemed to drown us in Carole King and la-la-la or ba-ba-ba lyrics. What went wrong? And why did every episode have to have "I Will Follow" in its opening? Couldn't something else be played, even if by the same artist?
Sting, from the Police, summed up today's choices of music when he said it was terrible. The artistry of the songs is missing. Heavy drumbeats and moronic rhyming, similar to Dr. Seuss, don't make music more enjoyable.
Rather than just tell people what music we like, couldn't this thread also accept suggestions from people about what music they would like to hear during the show? I'm sure, with all the talent that exists out in cyberspace, there are some opinions on the subject.
Lets Shall
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 39

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 28, 2007, 12:14:32 pm »

Every episode, including the pilot, has "I Will Follow" as the opening song.  I'm pretty sure that every television show has an opening song when the credits are rolling.  The song doesn't bother me.  I'm sorry to hear that it bugs you so much?

Also, I don't think the music choices for the show directly affect the show.  The "la-la-la or ba-ba-ba" lyrics are referred to as cues.  They are not "songs". So, to say, "what went wrong with the Gilmore girl la-la-la songs", I can't help but correct you because they aren't songs.  They are 10 second cues between scenes.  Its a transition between scenes.  But again, I'm sorry to hear that it bugs you so much.

About your suggestion about changing the thread topic-- well, I don't have any music suggestions for the show, because like I said the opening song doesn't bother me but if it did I highly doubt one thread on a fan site would prompt the creators/music directors of the show to change the theme song of their show that's already in its 7th season.  Just a guess though.
clumsy_cardhouse
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 25

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 28, 2007, 02:06:23 pm »

Yeah, the theme song really doesn't bother me that much. I kinda tune it out when it's playing. And when I'm watching the dvds, I just skip that part.

I love that they play all sorts of songs in the show. The Shins were in an episode, which I thought was fantastic! I love the Shins. GG does a great job with finding good music to put in episodes.

Dave- "What we need is a name."
Brian- "I made my suggestion."
Zach- "Yeah, and we vetoed the Harry Potters. Next."
uncledub
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

I haven't had that much fun since labor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1086 on: March 28, 2007, 03:48:58 pm »

yeah, the hardcore watching gg fans skip the intro since you've seen it well over a 1000 times.
also the music selection itself that has been used over the 6 years have been good, alot of good bands and artist's music have been played. it was a bit fun to see even daft punk's around the world being played in the episode with lanes wedding. i listen to all music but i do spin house for a pleasure and that track is a modern classic.

been listening to these cds extensivly this week: růisŪn murphy - ruby blue, blondie - parallel lines, amanda rogers - something borrowed,something blue, bloc party - silent alarm & talking heads - fear of music

Luke: Rory was a kid, Dean. She grew up. She moved on. Accept it.
Dean: You accept it. This town, itís all you are, and itís not enough. Sheís going to get bored, and you canít take her anywhere. Youíre here forever.
Luke: Itís different.
Dean: Itís not different. You and me. Same thing.
delaware14
Town Resident

Community Points: 41

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1087 on: April 01, 2007, 06:05:39 pm »

okay so right now i am in love with the band Tegan and Sara!!
They arent very publicized, so not alot of people have heard of them, but I wanted to see if there were any other fans out here??!!

I'm listening to their CD 'So Jealous' right now, and it is absolutely incredible!!

RIP Mila

Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 01, 2007, 06:54:11 pm »

I suprisingly know who they are! I just started watching Grey's Anatomy this weekend and there are a lot of songs by Tegan and Sara on there. I really like their music!

Right now I'm listening to the new song by Maroon 5-Makes Me Wonder. I reeeeeally like it! Man, how I missed Maroon 5.

August 6th! 
delaware14
Town Resident

Community Points: 41

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1089 on: April 01, 2007, 07:10:14 pm »

i love maroon five, mostly their older songs. i havent listened to them in awhile.
but they were awesome, huh?

RIP Mila

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 01, 2007, 08:40:30 pm »

Paula Abdul singing cracks me up, but her songs are SOOO catchy!

Anyone agree?

love is blind so you didn't see me.
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 558

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 01, 2007, 10:10:07 pm »

Hey everyone.

Just a heads up. There is already a Music Thread in the General Discussions category (it may be a few pages in due to irregular use)

We like to keep things neat and tidy here and not duplicate threads so that its easier to navigate around the org.

Chances are one of the moderators will merge your thread into the main thread.

Cheers!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
indiecoffee
« Reply #1092 on: April 03, 2007, 04:36:40 am »

hey, this IS the official music thread...or was your reply merged?  Oh well. 

Tegan and Sara?  I liked them at first, but now I really don't.  sorry.  I think their concept is good, but that voice...oh man, after a while it really annoys me.  It's cool though, I do listen to them every now and then, just not all the time.  That's what's cool about music, one person can love something, and another can love something else!

CD last listened to in the car on the way to work this morning: Red House Painters-Songs for a Blue Guitar
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 04, 2007, 01:42:05 am »

Just thought I'd share that I've been in a rather nostalgic music mood lately.  Been listening to a lot of stuff that my hubby and I used to listen to in the earlier years of our relationship.  CD's from Spacehog, Brad, STP, Jeff Buckley and a few others, And if it's not that then I've been listening to really mellow stuff like Miles Davis, Thelonius Monk, Ray LaMontagne etc.  Oh and Pete Murray is always on high rotation in my car, house and on my computer.  The man is a GOD!! Smitten

Please read Forum Rules
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 06, 2007, 10:39:29 am »

say it right by nelly furtado

<3

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 148 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: