GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 24, 2020, 08:16:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask Ausiello: Gilmore Girls Reunion Movie - 05.23.07  (Read 195022 times)
juststandstilll
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2007, 02:10:30 pm »

I can't wait for this. They better not be getting our hopes up for another rejection. But if Amy wants to add an ending and give us her final four words, it's obvious she wasn't satisfied with the finale. I hope the movie is like the first six season directed by her. She better not have lost her touch. What I hope to see in the movie is some Luke and Lorelai fluff moments and something that brings the Rory storyline to a full circle. I don't care if there isn't a wedding but what there has to be is something to help us know that no matter what Luke and Lorelai will stay together. I hope April isn't in it, though.
ilovegilmore101
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2007, 05:40:00 pm »

I am Surprised that ASP would want to do a GG movie although in a way it would fit in with the theme of GG because they are always watching movies on the show
i would perfer an 8th season but if that wont happen then this would be way better then nothing
it wold be great to tie up the lose ends that were left with everything at the end of season 7 (ie luke and lorelai, Rory, April and Luke, Emily Richard and Lorelai, Sookie and her new baby)
and if ASP writes it it will have the fast pace witty pop culture that was sort of missing in season 7
it would be amazing if it was in theatres instead of tv because then GG would really get the sendoff it deserves

Will you be my Edward Cullen??

^ made by mel. Pleased]

Dream Team For President!!

~October 5, 2000-May 15, 2007~
~March 10, 1997- May 19, 2003~
chlarkmajor
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

hi i like gilmoregirls and smallville,and stardoll

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2007, 06:56:00 am »

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Shocked im totally shocked! Bring back jess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy Wink Smiley Cool Hearts Smitten Kiss
Lauren-Junkie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

GG, Golden Retrievers,books- That's me!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2007, 07:47:29 am »

I would totally love to have a GG movie, but is this true? Or is it just some rumour? 
And is it just a maybe?!

God I hope we get a GG movie, cause I will miss them so much!

LIFE IS SHORT
TALK FAST!

GILMORE GIRLS WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART!
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2007, 09:16:07 am »

Do we really need the tease of a possible movie possibly in a couple of years possibly written by ASP? I am already going thru withdrawal pains at the thought of no more new episodes and now this is thrown at me? Not helping.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
laurygilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 29

Laura

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2007, 11:28:10 am »

Weeeee That's a great ideaaaa!! I can't wait a year...hehe I want the movie now!! I'd prefer a new season, but... better a movie than nothing... I think Alexis is jealous because the role of Lorelai is much better than the role of Rory, in the last season she was so...I don't know how to say "sosa" in English... Weary and Lorelai is soooo funny!! That's my opinion...
I really hope they do the movie...and we'll get ASP back!!

Trip from Spain to NYC: $12
Orchestra seatings for Guys and Dolls: $506
Lauren Graham carrying our gifts for 6 days: priceless!!

June 9 - June 14 -> best week ever!
Icon and signature by me
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2007, 01:32:56 pm »

Again, Alexis hasn't said she wouldn't do the movie.  People are reacting like Ausiello (or whoever got the reactions from the cast) asked her and she gave them the finger and spewed out expletives and a desire for the show to burn in hell.  All she's said is, I have to see.  At this point there's nothing for Alexis to agree to. 

But, if Alexis doesn't want to play Rory for a movie, couldn't it be likened more to someone eating pizza almost constantly for 7 years?  You might love pizza, you might have nothing against pizza.  But, when you finally stop eating pizza, you might not be so inclined to go back and eat pizza again.  That's just a slightly (although who knows if anyone else will feel that way) more sympathetic interpretation.  And, I'm fully aware that I have no idea why Alexis might not want to do a movie (which she has not said in any capacity).

And, I wonder how many people are really upset about the possibility of not seeing Rory and how many just want the movie itself and wouldn't be at all upset with Alexis if they found out that the movie could go ahead without her.  If it was ASP saying she didn't really need Rory, would people be upset that they weren't including Rory, or would they just be happy to have the movie with whomever?  Provided of course that whomever included Lorelai and Luke.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
laurygilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 29

Laura

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2007, 02:18:07 pm »

Well...I think the cast can say nothing now because they don't know if they will be able to do the movie in two years but I'm sure they want to!

Trip from Spain to NYC: $12
Orchestra seatings for Guys and Dolls: $506
Lauren Graham carrying our gifts for 6 days: priceless!!

June 9 - June 14 -> best week ever!
Icon and signature by me
gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2007, 05:25:43 pm »

I'm sooooo excited!

I've been trying to come to grips that something that has been a large part of my life for seven years (yes, I watched it from day one seven years ago) will no longer be so . . . even if it is just a tv show . . .

And it's been especially difficult to come to grips with the notion that for all intents and purposes last season wasn't official. There was a completely different plan in mind of the original creator who had envisioned a specific ending . . . and now I would never know how it played out! It was maddening!

Yet now . . . this possible tv-movie on the horizon has aliviated that "blueness" . . . Even if it doesn't pan out, at least the POSSIBILITY of it will help me deal with these next couple years. Smiley

As for Alexis, everyone is being too hard on her. First of all, all she said was that she'd not concidered it and was shocked ASP was, and that she'd have to read the script. That's exactly what is to be expected of her. Actors can't say "YES! I'LL DO THE PROJECT!" . . . Hollywood is a strategic game. When pre-production is underway, we can expect a "yes" from her. She's not going to pass this one up.

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2007, 07:05:09 am »

we had no closer (or at least i didn't) with  Luke and Lorelai- needs to know what happens in the future
Rory and Lorelai- needed to see more of their relationship
Rory and Marty- i don't think that we were qute done with Marty just yet

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2007, 07:11:30 am »

i really dont think its fair to say the palladinos screwed the show to left it cuz really they tried everything in their power to keep it pure...

i can't wait to see what ASP does with Logan cuz she even said herself that he brings something new to the show so hopefully he'll included in the movie
:::crosses fingers::::

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2007, 08:29:53 am »

If this movie really does happen in two-three years, i assume they will not pick up exactly where the "Bon Voyage" finale ended. (For one thing, we will have a new President by then and it would be silly to have Rory on the Obama campaign bus.) That means ASP will have to fill in a lot of gaps, trying to explain what happened to our Girls in the interim.

I hope Rory will have moved on and found a new boyfriend, maybe on the campaign trail or afterwards. Or, just imagine, perhaps she can be happy without a boyfriend! As for Luke & Lorelai, i have to imagine that even in the fantasy of tv-land, something of note would happen during that time-span. Maybe marriage, maybe a child (Lorelai's pushing 40 and better get moving if she decides she wants another kid), or maybe they will simply be happy together without any long-term commitment. All i know is they better be together in some capacity!!!

I think it will be difficult to make the thing plausible, but then again some of the plot twists of the last few seasons have been crazy anyway. Bring it on!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:08:27 am by bingbong » Logged

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
nodaybuttuesday
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 42

you're breaking my little lit heart... *Ingrid*

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2007, 05:43:58 pm »

THIS WOULD MAKE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIDDY-UP AMY.

GIDDY. UP.

Literati for life~'I can't help it- I'm addicted'~Java Junkies
Hi Rory! What are you doing? What are you wearing? What are you thinking? What about now? Do you miss me? Do you think I'm pretty? Where do babies come from?
Lukesfriend
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2007, 09:52:35 am »

I wont get to worked up over the movie. It appears none of the actors knew about it. It also sounds if Alexis was the big reason why there is no season 8 and/or movie. There is a lot of actors that need to be assembled for this movie. Both season six and season seven finales were disappointing. ASP and DR are at fault. The Luke and Lor relationship was never built up and made up on the last 5 minutes of the series. I'm not sure it could be fixed in a two hour TV movie. According to Scott in his interview it appears the actors have no passion for the show. So what would be the point.
lifesSHORTtalkFAST
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2007, 05:32:25 pm »

I am all for this as long and ASP writes it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: