GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 24, 2020, 07:42:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask Ausiello: Gilmore Girls Reunion Movie - 05.23.07  (Read 195017 times)
katicus
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2007, 09:31:19 am »

I was slowly accepting the Gilmore Girls ending, but then I started watching Season 1/2 again, and I saw the episode where Luke made Lorelai that wedding thing - forgot the name of it - and they stood under it together...they possibly should have had a wedding and it would be there.  I kind of like that Rory isn't with any guy...Jess was my favorite, but all in all, I couldn't see her with any of them...but going back and watching the DVDs of early seasons convinces me that Lorelai belongs with Luke...and I'd love to see them married in a 2-hour episode...so if this tv/movie actually happens, I will be quite happy.
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2007, 09:34:50 am »

I was slowly accepting the Gilmore Girls ending, but then I started watching Season 1/2 again, and I saw the episode where Luke made Lorelai that wedding thing - forgot the name of it - and they stood under it together...they possibly should have had a wedding and it would be there.  I kind of like that Rory isn't with any guy...Jess was my favorite, but all in all, I couldn't see her with any of them...but going back and watching the DVDs of early seasons convinces me that Lorelai belongs with Luke...and I'd love to see them married in a 2-hour episode...so if this tv/movie actually happens, I will be quite happy.

it's called a hoopa
pretty stick for continuing to believe!!

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
lolalives
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2007, 10:02:02 am »

Amanda Elise, I love your sig! It's so beautiful and encompasses what a lot of us fans hope for and dream of for Luke and Lorelai, they belong together. I'm not overthinking the "will the 2 hour movie be enough" or "A S-P wrecked the last season by leaving at the end of season 6". I'm just so glad that the wheels are in motion for something more. Whatever happens I will be happy.
amanda elise20
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2007, 10:09:45 am »

thank you maam...
*pretty*stick* for you

*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2007, 01:59:43 pm »

At this point, Alexis hasn't said she wouldn't do a movie.  All she said, at least in the article I read in this discussion, is that she hadn't considered it before.  I doubt anyone besides ASP had considered it.  It seemed like everyone was surprised that ASP was even thinking of a movie.  All she said was she'd have to see how she felt.  Who can know exactly how they'll feel about something that's two years (and most likely more) away?  If it happens at all. Maybe in two years time, she'll be all for it.  Maybe the script will be a dream script.  Maybe it will be a dud.  (NO writer is immune to bad writing.)  Maybe circumstances will happen that prevent her from doing a movie at that time.  But one thing I didn't read her saying is that she won't do it.  Just that, it's a wait and see thing.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 02:02:07 pm by Dani257 » Logged

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
calbomm
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2007, 03:05:50 pm »

I have been watching season 1 again on ABC Family and I had forgotten how early in the show the Luke and Lorelai courtship started.  I agree with an earlier poster that Luke belonged to Lorelai and it still disappoints me that they weren't married in the final episode.  I think that is the only loose end that needs to be tied.  Who knows what Amy Sherman- Paladino has in mind.  Hopefully, it will be a wedding or a wedding has already occurred.
amanda elise20
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2007, 03:36:06 pm »

I'm such a happy ending kinda person that i would love to see it end with a wedding but lauren herself already said she'd hate to see it end with a wedding... which makes me wonder where ASP would go with it, cuz i know she'd want that void filled for us but at the same time, it was a show that was started on mother-daughter relationships.

*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

calbomm
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2007, 04:18:22 pm »

I have read the Lauren Graham quote ,as welll, about not having the show end in marriage for her.  However, the naturall evolution of the Luke/Lorelai relationship would seem to be marriage.  Lorelai pined for Luke for seven seasons.  ASP teased the viewers with some interesting and sometimes ridiculous plots twists with their relationship.  Marriage is what was hinted at through the years.  I understand that the show is about the Mother/Daughter relationship.  But most mothers and daughters get married at some point in their lives.  Lauren Graham played the role but ASP created the character.  Who has more ownership in the role.  Ther person who created the character or the actior who performed the role. I wonder if Lauren Graham would even agree to do a movie if a marriage to Luke is involved.  I was ok with the implied actions at the end of the last episode.  Each person can come to their own conclusion on how the relationship played out.  I think most viewers wanted to see a wedding, or at a minimum, a proposal
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2007, 06:00:37 pm »

I really hope they have a movie! I mean I do want another season but I will take anything Gilmore at this point! If they have a movie of course they do need a Luke and Lorelai wedding and we need to see who Rory ends up with and what happens with her new job. Ok I have convinced myself I do want a movie!
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2007, 08:22:28 pm »

This may be an unpopular opinion but perhaps a movie will actually create more unfinished business than it will resolve? I agree with bingbong in that the only thing that wan't completely settled was L/L, and I'm not a fan of marriage so I can use my imagination to tie those two together without the need for cake or tule.
wayfind730
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2007, 08:40:23 am »

Cheesy This a fantastic idea!!  I'm thrilled to death! 
I think we should all face facts and realize that we are never going to get the 8th season.  Not gonna happen. The series is gone.  (I know this is hard to accept!)  So a two hour movie written by ASP is the only way we're going to get the closure we all need so much!!  I believe two hours would be enough time to tie the loose ends together, especially because that final scene between Lorelei and Luke provides a foundation to build on.  If we pick up on them a year or so later and they're preparing for their wedding, it wouldn't be a wild, unacceptable leap!  Also, (my own personal hearts desire, because I'm a die-hard "Rory-Jess" fan...), it would be possible that Rory, in her travels, had re-connected with Jess, who loves her and is perfect for her : a fellow intellectual and bibliophile with ambition and drive, but he's also hip and off-center, just like the GG.  Rory connected with him in a way she never did with either Dean or Logan.  Well, that's my take on it, anyway.  (Remember why she left the pool house and went back to Yale?  It was Jess!  He said, "What are you doing? This isn't you." He understood her.)
 Shocked)
Maybe by that time Milo would have softened enough to be willing to make an appearance.  But if not, Rory could come home and just talk about her renewed relationship with Jess - who couldn't leave his bookstore in Philly. Uhm...a big book-signing event. 
Aaaanyway, the point is:  Yes!  Please, please, please give us a two hour movie, lest we perish.
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2007, 09:48:46 am »

Yeah, I've read that Lauren Graham quote about not wanting to end the show with a wedding.  I think I can see where she's coming from.  (And I actually don't need a big wedding for closure. )   But her character DID want to be married and talked about it all the time.   She told Luke she wanted to be married before those two even got together and he told her "you'll get it".  Then she got all drunk and sad over not being married at Lane's wedding reception.  Those are just two examples, but there were many more over the last seven seasons.

So I guess I can see both sides.    BUT-- if there was a season 8  Wink   the show wouldn't have to end with a wedding.  The wedding could be somewhere near the middle of the season.   lol... just my little attempt to make everyone happy.

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
amanda elise20
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2007, 09:52:38 am »

Yeah, I've read that Lauren Graham quote about not wanting to end the show with a wedding.  I think I can see where she's coming from.  (And I actually don't need a big wedding for closure. )   But her character DID want to be married and talked about it all the time.   She told Luke she wanted to be married before those two even got together and he told her "you'll get it".  Then she got all drunk and sad over not being married at Lane's wedding reception.  Those are just two examples, but there were many more over the last seven seasons.

So I guess I can see both sides.    BUT-- if there was a season 8  Wink   the show wouldn't have to end with a wedding.  The wedding could be somewhere near the middle of the season.   lol... just my little attempt to make everyone happy.

yeah yeah yeah i totally agree... thats why i'm really hoping that even though lauren graham didn't want a wedding to end it, that ASP still includes it in her 2 hour movie or whatever she does... i mean maybe it shouldn't end in movie but for Lorelai's sake she deserves a wedding... and us as fans i think would love to see one...

*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2007, 10:19:55 am »

I'm such a happy ending kinda person that i would love to see it end with a wedding but lauren herself already said she'd hate to see it end with a wedding... which makes me wonder where ASP would go with it, cuz i know she'd want that void filled for us but at the same time, it was a show that was started on mother-daughter relationships.

I am also a lover of happy endings but i don't think that a wedding is necessarily the way to achieve it for Luke & Lorelai. If anything, L&L's disastrous engagement in season 6 seemed to suggest that they should not get married (which, i will add, seemed to be a betrayal of everything that came prior). I personally know couples in long-time relationships who are perfectly happy but never bothered getting hitched. I am by no means anti-marriage, but L&L in the finale seemed to reunite in a way that said "i'll be there for you" more than "you're my soul mate".

Also, there have been plenty of big-hype weddings in television history and i think Lauren Graham was suggesting we don't need another.

I would love a movie in theory, but in reality i think it would be a disappointment. And, having said that, i would love to watch it anyway because there is no such thing as too much Gilmore Girls!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 05:32:45 pm by bingbong » Logged

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
ohfreakingilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2007, 11:11:53 am »

Interesting, two weeks ago I kept on asking: "What was the CW thinking?!" Shocked now I'm asking: "What is ASP thinking?!" Shocked. I don't get it. Huh She's the one who turned her back on GG. We're in this mess in the first place because she wouldn't stick with it and now she wants to swoop in and become a hero? Or is it she really hated seeing everyone so upset about the series finale lacking closure? Still two hours is not going to be enough either. I seriously doubt she can pull of things we really need to see in just two hours. If she is willing to do a two-hour episode then why not make it 11 and then add a two-hour series finale? I'm confused  Embarrassed How does she expect this to air? On tv, in the theaters? If on TV then she needs to deal with either the CW network or find someother network that can work with the WB studios.

I donīt want a Gilmore Girls movie and I wouldnīt watch it either, even if Amy produced it!!!!!!!!
I just want more seasons and Amy as the producent!!!
Lauren, Scott and Alexis want the movie???
Than they can shoot season 8, too!!!!!!! Sad

i want a gilmore girls movie.
but it would be better to have at least one more season.
at least we'll get to see how it ends afterall Smiley
that's the main reason why i was mad because of everything they just left hanging and unclosed.
it'll make me happy just to get to see how it ends.

lorelai:silly rabbit
rory:timers are for kids.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: