GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 04, 2020, 09:11:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask Ausiello: Gilmore Girls Reunion Movie - 05.23.07  (Read 191287 times)
gilmores_4ever82
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2007, 10:45:05 pm »

I would really love to see a GG movie because what i've heard the end of season 7 wasn't that good....
1 for GG movie.
 Grin

*I'm in love with the gilmores*
hockeychic0825
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2007, 09:25:58 am »

i agreee , we need a moveie because im sill sad! i need a proper good bye Cry

*~aNnA~* 
made by lucie
 [img]http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/iYgilmore/?action=view&current=together-in-the-end.jpg[/img}
ttfrancine
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2007, 10:18:38 am »

I think two hours would be enough to tie things up.  Most likely the movie would not pick things up exactly where the series ended--some time will have passed, so an assumption could be made of progress in the lives of the characters.  Maybe it would pick up at the point of the presidential election completed and Rory completing her stint on the campaign trail with O'Bama--she would then be more mature and ready to start a new phase of her life (renewed relationship time with Logan maybe??).  This would also have allowed enough time to go by for Luke and Lorelai to get their relationship on solid ground again -- and get them to the point where they could get married and start a family.  
  i want eany thing   ggn i love that show Grin
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2007, 04:05:21 pm »

I'm starting to lean toward a movie too now.
A season would just get boring.
The only problem I have with the space of time between is that it would resemble and epilouge, and those never satisfy me.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Lauren-Junkie
Town Troubadour

GG, Golden Retrievers,books- That's me!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2007, 09:38:22 am »

I really want a movie!
Please make us one!

LIFE IS SHORT
TALK FAST!

GILMORE GIRLS WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART!
monkeybaby
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2007, 08:39:31 pm »

I think it would be fabulous if there was a movie. I really hope this happens, and soon!!  Grin

Rory: Do something to make me hate you!
Lorelai: Go Hitler?
Mike_54
Town Resident

Community Points: 28

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2007, 04:52:59 am »

My only concern is, will they be able to re-create the town of Stars Hollow?
I assume some time will have passed, but it will really be wonky if the town looks too different.
I hope they took inventory of all the props & sets, so that when we watch the movie, we will all feel right back at home.

It's Hollywood... there are sooo many documentations of the sets that any reasonably competent continuity staff would have no problem.

I don't think any news should be expected now...Things haven't stalled.  They haven't even begun yet.  Unless Ausiello sends up fireworks when ASP writes page 5 of the first draft, I don't think there will be any news until there's an actual completed script, and probably not until there's actual production of the script happening.

Agreed. And let's be real, if Aliens in America takes off, Scott Patterson will be very busy and Lauren's working her "Juicy" off (she's deservedly getting a lot of jobs). Hey, they're human. They gotta rest some time. It's likely to be a year or two at best - I'm betting it will happen, but more like 3-4 yrs.

...but, hey, that's me!
Mike
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2007, 05:36:23 am »

I don't think any news should be expected now...Things haven't stalled.  They haven't even begun yet.  Unless Ausiello sends up fireworks when ASP writes page 5 of the first draft, I don't think there will be any news until there's an actual completed script, and probably not until there's actual production of the script happening.

Agreed. And let's be real, if Aliens in America takes off, Scott Patterson will be very busy and Lauren's working her "Juicy" off (she's deservedly getting a lot of jobs). Hey, they're human. They gotta rest some time. It's likely to be a year or two at best - I'm betting it will happen, but more like 3-4 yrs.

I'm more worried about Alexis Bledel. Wasn't she all anxious for GG to end?

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
xashleyx
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2007, 11:02:54 am »

i agree that if this was to happen it wouldnt happen for a long time. as for being worried about alexis i think she would do a movie because its not the crazy hours the actors had before for as long. a movie takes only a couple of months not seven years like the series did so i would hope the whole cast would be involved. i really hope this happens a gg movie would be so awesome and i think that they definately need a new way to end the show so a movie would be prefect!

debrarae
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2007, 02:52:02 pm »

Please forgive me but this sounds like a terrible thing to do.  i am unsure of how many of you might have watch the tv series Dr. Quinn.  well, great show, then they left it hang for a year and the 2 hour show that they brought back was really dumb.  they didn't start off where they had ended.  they started off like we had been watching it for years and thier child was older, and the three children that she raised were older and on thier own as well.  so you missed out on a lot of things.  so i really think that this will be interesting to say the least.  I really think that they need to bring it back for one more season and then if Alexis doesn't want to come back right away consentrate on the other people of the town for the time being, but then if needed write in a two hours season finially.  but as it stands CW won't be getting my tv watching until they bring back something that is fit to watch.

Good Clean fun
 Grin
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 33

Mick Jagger! Where is that dratted bell?!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2007, 05:33:23 pm »

Please forgive me but this sounds like a terrible thing to do. i am unsure of how many of you might have watch the tv series Dr. Quinn. well, great show, then they left it hang for a year and the 2 hour show that they brought back was really dumb. they didn't start off where they had ended. they started off like we had been watching it for years and thier child was older, and the three children that she raised were older and on thier own as well. so you missed out on a lot of things. so i really think that this will be interesting to say the least. I really think that they need to bring it back for one more season and then if Alexis doesn't want to come back right away consentrate on the other people of the town for the time being, but then if needed write in a two hours season finially. but as it stands CW won't be getting my tv watching until they bring back something that is fit to watch.

Good Clean fun
 Grin

I understand your point, but since the most important characters and the important minor characters are all adults, I don't think it will make a difference at all. We don't need to see Davey and Martha, and the new Belleville baby hasn't been cast yet. If Davey and Martha ARE needed, well, they can be recast with kids that look fairly similiar (if they can do it to Mia {I still hate them for that} then they can do it to them). And that's all. Barring any cast deaths or car accidents that alter a cast member's face to drastically that ASP will have to write a random scene involving a Wampa attack on an ice-covered planet, I think we'll be alright.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 05:56:07 pm by The27thGilmore » Logged

Fingers crossed for the Gilmore movie!!
willem
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2007, 11:04:01 am »

I think if they would make a movie, the whole GG feeling will get lost. I would go for a season 8. Tommorow they will show the last episode here in Holland...i'm sad already
iloveggirls
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

Just looking for something to shut you up

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2007, 09:06:13 pm »

I am totally for a movie. It woud give me that last dose I need of Gilmore Girls!

thanks amber!

I'm Nina_ grey's and gilmore lover_ java junkie~literati~noodie
willem
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2007, 11:03:11 am »

Colt Turkey on GG, way to heavy
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile