GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 22, 2022, 09:22:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls Season 8 And Beyond  (Read 78734 times)
Luke Danes Fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 28

All In

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2007, 12:41:55 pm »

I don't know about everyone else, but the Series Finale left me wanting more, so I decided to continue it online with a Virtual Season 8 and who knows how many other seasons, but I'm looking for help.

Season 8 will premiere in the fall and it will have 22 Webisodes. Each Webisode will be posted on Tuesday Night at 8:00 PM E.S.T. and will follow Gilmore Girls schedule so there will be a few weeks when there won't be a new Webisode, and such. 

I'm going to take on the roles of Head Writer, and Executive Producer. I'm not going to write every webisode myself, so I'm going to need a few Co-Writers who will work closely to create each webisode. I also need Visual Producers who will be in charge of finding, editing, and creating pictures throughout the season. If your interested in being a part of this just PM me.

We will have regular (Agreed on by entire staff) "Production Meetings" through MSN Messenger (It's free to download) and stay in regular contact through Messenger and E-Mails.

IF YOU WANT TO BE A WRITER: Write a brief message of what you think Season 8 should be like. Write ideas for the characters you want to see and what will happen. Example: Rory, reunites with her ex (Insert name here). Loreali and Luke get engaged and plan an actual wedding. Zach comes home to Lane and the twins. Michele gets a new dog. Sookie has her baby.  Then either link me to an example of your writing (A Gilmore Girl Fic you've written), or write a paragraph showcasing one of your ideas for a character. Remember this is suppose to feel like the show so, keep the style of the show and the characters in mind.

IF YOU WANT TO BE A VISUAL PRODUCER: Show me some of your work. Be creative. Banners, Couple pics, etc. Show me that you can tell a story with the images.

I want to start planning out the Season by the end of next month so please get back to me ASAP.

LUKE: Lorelai, This Thing We're Doing Here -- Me, You -- I Just Want You
To Know I'm In. I Am All In.

~Jay
RTJ
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:02:53 pm »

A virtual season 8.........

which really means you are making up your own stories, different actors, etc....

this is called "daydreaming"
you can't deal with the loss of a tv show, so you are making up your own version. that seems a bit obsessive.   do you really think the real shows writers, producers, actors, etc. will notice or care.
this is a sad fantasy, no different from the star trek dorks.
instead of making up stories for a show you did not create, how about using the talent and time to create original work, you know, like gilmores was.......

yikes!  its NOT season 8 of anything, its your own fantasy of someone elses original work.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:04:10 pm by RTJ » Logged
LogansReplacement
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 01:36:43 pm »

Wow RTJ. It is actually called FanFics or Fan Fiction. It is pretty common among most television shows. Im not a moderator here or even a long time poster but If you feel the need to post rude and unwanted comments like the one above please go to another forum and do so. This may not be your cup of tea, but dont be a jerk about it. I dont recall the original poster asking for the writers producers and actors to take notice or to care. He is simply asking if anyone would be interested in doing some creative writing, using some of the characters he or she knows and loves, and letting people know that he or she will post his final creations here.

Oh and "star trek dorks"?! What the heck? If you could speak Clingon you would sooo understand. *sarcasm*
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:39:20 pm by LogansReplacement » Logged
Luke Danes Fan
Town Resident

All In

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 02:55:50 pm »

Thanks you LogansReplacement.

The Virtual Season 8 is just for fun. I have no dreams of any of TPTB to read it, let alone give it any praise or attention, it is simply ment to be entertainment for the fans by the fans, that's it.

~Jay
RTJ
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 03:03:18 pm »

lol.

by the way, it is spelled Klingon, not Clingon........... what would Worf say.
Alexandria
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 04:08:04 pm »

Luke Danes Fan I have no ideas to contribute for a virtual season 8, but I fully appreciate your efforts to create one and to carry on the GG torch. And I will certainly read what you write.

All the best!
bigmouthnunya
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 04:24:43 pm »

Hi Luke Danes Fan.. Perhaps great minds think alike? or...?

I had the same idea - but not to make webisodes - to plead with them to take me on as a writer. I emailed them but highly doubt I will receive a reply.. I dont want to lose this show.  Been actually crying on & off since watching the last episode..  You guys can call me crazy - but this is ONE of the TWO shows that may family (children ages 9, 9, 15) can watch & "bond" with..

Again, before the anger monger comes out and bashes me - we do camp, fish, play boggle, and do other things - but anyone with children - who CARE what they are watching -has to admit that there are so FEW shows with these kinds of family values.

ANYWAY - this week they took both of the only 2 shows we watch away ; ( so I am very very sad, and so were my girls.

Am halfway thru with writing my own book  - and excited as I am to be halfway thru - I would file it away if I got the dream chance of writing for this show..
RTJ
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 04:47:55 pm »

"anger monger".........nope , just a 41 year old father with daughters 12 and 14 who have ALL been loving the GG show, but its over. reruns and dvds remain.

fan fiction is an obsession of the younger/internets crowd.  where is the fan fiction for mash, all in the family, mary tyler moore, etc...

fan fiction is self serving, it assumes the the fan and the creators of the show, actors, etc are all the same.

do what you will folks, but Please, Do Not call it Season 8, its not. It is season one of your own thing, based on someone elses ideas, writing, etc.
its not original, and it is not in any sense, especially legally, Gilmore Girls.
why not use the GG inspiration to write your own ORiginal work?

if you ever laughed at a elvis impersonator, stop, you just became one.

The lesson of Gilmores was to Be Original, be your own self. do not copy a show that was great, unique, and fun as hell. its just wanking.

besides, anyone who claims to be a big luke fan would know luke to be crabby/grouchy about such a jr. high school idea.

what if other folks do fan GG fiction and in their version, Godzilla and Mothra eat Stars Hollow, would that be any less real than your fantasy...........
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 04:49:44 pm by RTJ » Logged
Luke Danes Fan
Town Resident

All In

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 05:40:38 pm »

There are Fan Fics for shows like MASH, All In The Family (Actually there is a funny one where Gloria and Babbette meet), and other shows in TV Land. It's not an obsession, it's a hobbie, I enjoy writing fan fics and original fiction.

Fan Fiction does not assume that we are the same as the actors and creators, what it is, is a way for fans to create stories about characters that they enjoy, and if others do also, all the better. I actually have a healthy self esteem and I don't consider anyone better or above me (Nor worse or below me), so in that sense I do consider myself to be the same as them.

Here are just a few factoids about Fan Fiction.

Some Buffy: The Vampire Slayer fans wrote their own Virtual Season 8, and the show's creator Joss Whedon was flattered, and is currently writting his own Season 8 of the show in comic book form.

Star Trek Fan Fiction has actually been officially published in a popular series of books.

Now I don't expect anything like those to happen with this, I'm just pointing somethings out about something you know little about, yet look down on.

I'm going to call it Season 8, and if your not ok with it fine, newsflash I'm not going to go and cry in a corner over it. I'm not calling it the "Official Season 8", it is just a Fan's continuation of their favorite show. I'm calling it Season 8 because I'm going to follow the writting pattern of the show and pick up the story where it left off. Season 7 was not written by the creators of the series, so is the CW wrong to call it Season 7?

For someone who downs Star Trek Fans you seem to know about it. It's one thing to know it's Klingon, not Clingon, but it's another to know that there was a specific Klingon named Worf.

I am a big Luke Danes Fan, but I also know that Luke is a character created to entertain, so I don't go around asking WWLD before I do something.

Now I would like to thank  Alexandria and bigmouthnunya. By the way bigmouthnunya, I have four nephews, and I know what you mean. There aren't many shows for the entire family to watch anymore. The CW had 3 of them and ended them all this year.

~Jay
urbanmonkey
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 05:52:20 pm »

Jay--

I'm definetly up for doing something like this!  I'm a writer, and I'd love to read, write and help with anything!!  I can't promise anything amazing, but I can hold my own I think.  If you want a sample of my writing, I've written a few stories on FF.net and here's the link to my profile:

http://www.fanfiction.net/~urbanmonkey

I'll come back and edit with my own ideas on how I'd like season 8 to go...I have to run to a class....

**Edit**

Okay, back...

Now, for ideas for a season 8:

Luke & Lorelai:
~Getting back together officially, beyond just the kiss.  This would involve talking about everything during Season 6-7.
~An engagement, with a very romantic proposal from Luke.
~Planning the wedding
~Lorelai and April spending time together.
~An actual wedding
~Lorelai getting pregnant with their son (William Lucas)
~Luke catering to Lorelai's every need/whim. 
~Lorelai actually having Will 
~Scenes with mother/son & father/son...must include Luke holding Will... Smitten

Rory:

~On the road of course with the whole Barack Obama
~Runs into Jess SmileySmileySmiley
~reunites with him....details on this later...haha

Other Characters:

~Lorelai and Emily resolve their issues.  They don't become best friends, but they have a mutual understanding.
~Sookie has another girl.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:32:12 pm by urbanmonkey » Logged
RTJ
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 05:59:11 pm »

lol.
yep, love trek, star wars, hobbit, etc.... but i dont live in pretend land with that stuff, too many real life responsibilities to enjoy............
sarasmile18
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

Happy and heavily caffeinated

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 06:00:18 pm »

*Pretty Stick* to you Luke Danes Fan!!! Go for it......why not continue their lives....who knows...Maybe Amy will read it and be inspired to blog a Season 8 for the GG fans. Joss Whedon was so inspired by what the Buffy fans wrote....you never know. I was a Buffy fan from long ago....loved it and did read the virtual eppi's (they were actually well written) The new Joss/Buffy stuff is great and has continued her story for those of us devotees who wanted more.

So I say GO FOR IT!!!

If it's meant 2 b...It's up 2 me!
christianandy06
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 06:04:26 pm »

sounds like fun. you should start in sept. this fall. that way you have re runs of the 7th season Cheesy
holyguacamole
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

so happy together.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 06:15:36 pm »

I have to say that I sincerely love this idea. I wish I could commit to helping out with it, but I'm starting college in the fall- a roller coaster ride in itself.
I am, however, bookmarking this topic- I'll definitely be a faithful reader.
I got my entire family hooked on GG. My six-year-old sister knows all the words to the theme song (and most off the "La, la la, la la la- la la la la. La la la la, la la la" interludes- don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about  Grin), my mother (a hardcore CSI/House/L&O watcher) will turn it on even if I'm not in the room, and even my dad knows the love triangles Rory's been through.
It will be good to have a way to keep this alive, a way to imagine and craft and keep the characters going, if only virtually.
Thank you so much for this project, I know it's going to be fabulous.

Oh, and RTJ-
All Hail the Mighty One who thinks he's better than the rest of us.
Step off your throne, and stop trying to burst the bubbles of a group of people that just truly love this show.
It's not a wank, it's not an impersonation, it's not "pretend life" any more than watching the SHOW is "pretend life".
If you don't think this is a good idea, thanks, you've voiced your opinion now, and very rudely might I add.
Here's a suggestion.
See that little
  • in the top right corner of your screen? Click it.
And stop belittling us just because you disagree.
There's a difference between civilly expressing differing opinions and intentionally making people feel bad.
Thanks a bunch.

-Rach
holyguacamole
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

so happy together.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 06:18:08 pm »

Note:

"See that little  in the top right corner of your screen? Click it." should be:

"See that little "x" in the top right corner of your screen? Click it."

(I forgot about forum codes  Tongue)