GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 20, 2022, 02:06:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.21 - Unto the Breach  (Read 357724 times)
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: May 12, 2007, 03:45:02 pm »

THAT MAJORLY SUCKED MONKEY BUTTT FOR ALL SO-CAL VIEWERS.  Angry
There was  a huge fire in Griffith Park [a huge park in southern california] and we got the first seven minutes of the episode and then it was intereuptted for breaking news.
GGRRRRR.
I basically checked youtube hourly and i finally was able to see it this morning.
sdjfalskdfjsadlkfjsdlkfsjdfasddfjasfk.

--Rory, what the hell?
--I guess thats the last we're seeing of Logan...
--OMG Emily would you just SHUT UP? So annoying  during the ceremony.
--The Luke/Lorelai fight was good. I think it was great for them.

A series this fantastic deserves a spectacular ending.
<33

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
Devilina07
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

Cause They Are

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: May 12, 2007, 04:23:11 pm »

He quickly makes her coffee order "to go" and doesn't rise to her muffin vs. donut (was it donut?) musing, brushing it off with a cold but foreshadowy "Whatever you want." She's so hurt, she leaves her muffin and bagel on the counter as she dashes out.
I was hoping she would realize that she forgot the muffin/donut, go back inside and clarify what had just happened.

Tanna
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: May 12, 2007, 05:08:55 pm »

ok-took me awhile but I have read all the posts about Unto the Breach.  I have to say that I have not seen this episode yet.  We had a tornado hit about 2 miles away from our place last weekend.  We luckily had no damage but electrical poles don't mix well with 120mph winds.  We lost power about 3am on Sunday and it didn't come back on until 11:50 on Tuesday night.  Yes-I only a had blank TV to look at my normal GG time. 

With that confession out of the way I must say there is something about reading all of these posts and not seeing the episode.  I know that will be looking at certain scenes more carefully then I think I normally would(when I finally get the chance to see it).  I was not a Logan fan in the begining and only recently have I begun to see him in a new light.  I don't think a public proposal is a smart idea especially if you had not seriously discussed marriage.   I know that my hubby and I discussed marriage and what it meant to each of us lots of time before we actually picked out a ring.  I can't recall Rory or Logan discussing marriage to each other but my mind does fail me now and again.  I don't like how the writers handled the breakuip from what I've read here.  Could be interesting to see if actually seeing the show will change that.  I can't see Logan handling things the way they were laid out in the posts.  He had just talked about who should factor who in their futures.  To go from this to all or nothing doesn't feel right.  This to me is a huge turn around and an example of bad writing and poor understanding of show history and recent history at that! 

I loved reading all the strong opinions in this episode discussion.  Can't say I agree with all of you but very eye opening to see things through a differing point of views.  I think that reading the posts at this forum helped change my view of Logan in the long run.  I had something else I wanted to say but heck if I can remember now.  So, instead of blathering on I'll stop. 

Tanna

Hey-this was my 100th post.  (doing a little happy dance)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 05:10:41 pm by Tanna » Logged

GilmanGirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 12, 2007, 06:49:08 pm »

THAT MAJORLY SUCKED MONKEY BUTTT FOR ALL SO-CAL VIEWERS.  Angry
There was  a huge fire in Griffith Park [a huge park in southern california] and we got the first seven minutes of the episode and then it was intereuptted for breaking news.
GGRRRRR.
I basically checked youtube hourly and i finally was able to see it this morning.
sdjfalskdfjsadlkfjsdlkfsjdfasddfjasfk.

--Rory, what the hell?
--I guess thats the last we're seeing of Logan...
--OMG Emily would you just SHUT UP? So annoying  during the ceremony.
--The Luke/Lorelai fight was good. I think it was great for them.

A series this fantastic deserves a spectacular ending.
<33
Glad to hear you saw it on YouTube.  I finally get to see it tonight (Sat. May 12), when KTLA will rebroadcast the May 8 episode at 8:00 p.m.
gilmore_luver09
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 12, 2007, 06:53:17 pm »

omg i cant beieve she said i kno i was sure she wud sayy yes!!  Cry im soo sad that its end soo soon after only 7 seasons.. Sad

GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 13, 2007, 06:44:31 am »

i totally agree with you...i feel the same way. I cried forever

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
willowsprite
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 13, 2007, 10:50:33 am »

Quote from: willowsprite
The aforementioned Sex in the City did, but they planned the last season, knew it was the end.  GG didn't so we're stuck.  I am hoping for a movie update sooner rather than later.

Amy said from the beginning she knew what the last scene was going to be in the last episode.  However it ends, they already had a plan for it.

That's true, but as this episode was planned as a season finale, not a series finale, we aren't going to have that last scene as Amy planned it.  Lauren Graham said in an interview that she thought Amy probably would have given her the last words/scene if they had known ahead of time the show was ending, but they didn't.  So we won't have the ending the creator envisioned.  Which is almost criminal in my view--this wonderful world was created, and not finished.  Its like a great book without the final chapters.

I would think that proposing in front of a bunch of people with no warning and not in a quiet, controlled atmosphere would also be considered trashy, then.

Have we not been watching the same show?  Everything in Logan's and Emily's world is about propriety.  Rory went to a cotillian for heaven's sakes!  As Rory's boyfriend, he should have factored in that she wasn't for all the fanfare (he did mention he considered that when they went outside - about how he finally decided it was appropriate because both her parents and grandparents were going to be there), but he did what was socially acceptable for a man of his stature and upbringing.  His father and Emily and Richard would have been proud and ecstatic they were able to be there to witness it...if Rory had said yes..

Yes, I agree, that if Rory had accepted, had had no hesitation, it would have been a great moment, and the perfect way to propose. 

Quote from: LoraleiAndLuke4EVA
I'M GONNA CRY MY EYES OUT ON THE LAST EPISODE.

You and me both!  I'm not only going to miss the one male character that I loved the most out of all the male characters in every show I've ever loved (Luke - the way that man holds a woman makes me weak at the knees), but I'm going to be sad that the girls never got a chance to explore everything they could be.  They kept going around in circles, returning to the same place they started instead of gaining some wisdom (Lorelai's neediness, Rory's inability to commit).  I'm going to miss all the town's people that I've come to know over the years, but most of all I'm going to miss the troubador!

Agreed!!! Tueday evening will be a sad night for me.  And thanks for your whole post Morada, had many good points and insights througout. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:52:08 am by willowsprite » Logged
GilmOre_fan4life
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 13, 2007, 03:48:10 pm »

I can't believe Rory said no, she said that she loved him and stuff so what made her say no. I don't think Logan should have given Rory and ultimatum, like come on man.

Babbett: So this is goodbye ?
Lorelai: No this is more like a see ya later
BON VOYAGE
05.15.07 <3
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: May 13, 2007, 05:18:27 pm »

The more I think about this R/L proposal thing, the more I think that Rory just didn't love Logan as deeply as we were supposed to think she did (and no, not because she didn't say 'yes', but just because I've been thinking about Rory a lot). And truly, I have seen her apathy grow towards him throughout the season. I do believe she cared for him, but when it comes right down to it, he just was not one of her priorities. I think she will have Lorelai's committment problems in the long run... But even her friendships are kept at arms-length--she never seemed to reciprocate Paris' affection, and she deliberately distanced herself from Lane.  It's like she's so co-dependent on her mother or something that she never bothers to let anyone else in; or she's too self-centered...I don't know. Or she's just the kind of person that doesn't really value romantic love; she's just so confident, it's insignificant; or she's so focused on her career that love seems frivilous and inconvenient right now- a nice bonus, but it's easily eliminated as soon as it becomes a hinderance... I dont get it still I guess Huh
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 05:27:15 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: May 13, 2007, 05:33:30 pm »

Even her friendships are kept as arms-length-she never seemed to reciprocate Paris' affection, and she deliberately distanced herself from Lane.

I don't believe she deliberately distanced herself from Lane, I just think they have grown apart.  Their lives are very different and its sometimes hard to keep your friendships strong after high school especially b/c Rory went away to College.  I do agree with your thought about her relationship with Paris.  I feel like Paris really appreciated all the things Rory did for her and values their friendship.  Rory to me just doesn't seem to care as much about her friends as she does Lorelai.  That is the one thing that bugged me about Rory over the years, she never really developed any close friends throughout college besides Paris and you can almost not count her because she has known her since Chilton.  I met so many wonderful friends in college it just seems weird to me that she never seemed to be close with that many people....I don't get it either. 

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 13, 2007, 05:41:07 pm »

Huh.  I didn't see any apathy growing.  I saw her a little high and mighty over things being done on her terms in Gilmore Girls Only (that's a rant for another thread, and probably pointless at this stage now.  Not that I might not get into it anyway) but no apathy.  There was more anger or annoyance.  I saw her horrified that she could find another man attractive because she was scared she was looking for trouble.  I saw her crestfallen when misinterpreted Logan saying he didn't want her to factor him in as he didn't want to be a factor, period. 

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: May 13, 2007, 07:13:32 pm »

For some reason, I think the word apathy keeps coming to mind when I picture that scene when Logan calls her on cell and he's in CA (oh, I can't even remember what epi this is from- bear with me, I've seen them only once and with children not quite in bed yet) I think she's outside of Luke's (?) There's something about her face and voice that seems like she could care less what he is saying. For some reason that feels like her tone of the relationship to me, I'm in dire need of season 7 re-watching. But you don't think apathetic is at least an appropriate word for how she acted after she rejected the proposal? It really kills me, when although she admits that she misses him already, Lorelai gets giddy over the prospect of her own avacado tree, distracting Rory with the quickness of a 3 year old, and she practically squeals with glee, "Oooh, guacamolee!!"... Logan? Eh, whatever. Avacadoes? Yay!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:18:24 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 13, 2007, 07:49:41 pm »

Oh, I can see apathetic after the proposal (although the memory of exactly how she was isn't sharp because I refuse to watch it again) but I felt that everything about this episode was contrived to break them up and sweep Logan away.  Clean up duty, before the end of the series.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
fcajoymartin
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 13, 2007, 08:35:32 pm »

Ok, I am a total newbie to this cite...and it has probably been discussed repeatedly...but is anyone else MAD that Rory said no to Logan and they are apparently not going to be together?  I personally loved the two of them together and I was so disappointed/mad after last weeks episode.  I cannot believe that GG is coming to an end.  I wanted them to have L/L get married, have babies, and let there be more Gilmore Girls.  Does anyone else feel this way?  I think they could have done so much more with the show...instead they did the same things over and over.....I will truly miss this show. 
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2007, 05:54:39 am »

I had my mom watch it last night, and she came into my room almost crying!
She's usually the stable positive one.
I hope tomorrow is better.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
  Print  

Jump to: