GilmoreGirls.org Forum
August 03, 2020, 02:37:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.21 - Unto the Breach  (Read 263722 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2007, 08:41:43 pm »

Um, call me a tap dancing chicken (calling someone crazy is so last year) but I didn't think ratings had anything to do with whether or not the show had an 8th season. 

In my humble opinion, if the show still had its ratings of yesteryear the network could afford to offer the Girls even more money.  The network would be happy, advertisers would be happy, and who knows ... maybe the girls could have managed their grueling schedule for 13 more episodes had they been offered XX more money. 

Say what you want about scheduling conflicts, being tired, etc.  Higher ratings = more money.  More money gives you huge leeway do to what you want.

(This was just a general post of thoughts.  Not directed at anyone in particular.)  Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2007, 08:43:53 pm »

Is it considered a SPOILER to talk about the preivew for next week? 
I have a queston  about something I saw on it but do not want to do a SPOILER
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2007, 08:46:03 pm »

Yes.  Previews are SPOILERS.  I believe there is a thread in the season 7 forum for previews and there's also the spoiler thread where your question would be appropriate. 

The caps weren't directed at you for asking (and thanks for actually taking the time to consider that they might be spoilers).

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2007, 08:46:28 pm »

I am so mad Rory said no, they needed to end the series with at least one girls relationship worked out, and from seeing the preveiw for next week, I think that having both with their sole mates would have been perfect! Cant wait f or the big L&L kiss...hope david whats his face didnt screw up the SERIES (I hate typing that!) FINALE Embarrassed  Lips Sealed  Undecided  Cry  Cry

I know! I before e, except after c... headache. Thanks a lot, CW.

The news report, that's just for LA and the surrounding area right? I mean, three quarters of the country saw it four hours ago. What gets me is they don't count DVR viewings! I watch at broadcast time, I skip commercials the old fashioned way, by going to the bathroom or the kitchen. But I love cotton and kind of like Maybelline, and I'll never drive a car that weighs more than a pickup truck. Does that answer your question, Neilsen!?

Thanks for supporting AB, Dani I think it's just us...

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2007, 09:00:47 pm »

This fire may also cause ratings to go down because since KTLA News interrupted GG, then a lot of the people went to go watch American Idol....I really wanted to see this epi! I agree with you Heidi...This fire is a big deal....BUT they interrupted GG Sad

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
nhiltner
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2007, 09:01:54 pm »

Will someone explain exactly what happened on tonight's show because here in southern Calif. the show was preemted about 10 minutes in because of a fire in Griffith Park. Help!
DeaDuchess
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2007, 09:07:49 pm »

I (im)patiently waited through the whole hour on KTLA here in SO Cal just in case the episode came back on...but no luck. The fire is super tragic. I feel bad for all involved. I put in an email to Sam Ruben the entertainment anchor inquiring when they may re-air the GG.  I hope that they do.... Embarrassed
Burtnnator07
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2007, 09:15:52 pm »

Wall Fight

Gah. Maybe I just have high expecatations because these are the final two episodes, but man, I thought that episode sucked.

*I'm not a R/L shipper, and I read spoilers so I knew they would break-up but wow, that was awful. I suppose it would be okay if that wasn't Matt Czuchry's exit. "Goodbye, Rory." So bad.

*Surprise! Angry Luke and Lorelai were again depressing because none of the old spark seems to be there.

*The episode just felt kind of disjointed and boring.

/non-spoilery promo rant
I have deliberately stayed away from spoilers for the last couple of weeks now because I wanted the finale to be a surprise. I'd like to send a big freakin' thanks to my best friend, the promo guy, for showing me the climax of the next episode. Gee, am I glad I suffered through avoiding spoilers. It's soooo worth it now.
/end rant

I know that's bitter, but I don't really care. I really wish I could just ignore the fact that this season existed, but then I've got season 6 as an ending and well, frankly that sucks too. Perhaps I'll buy the season 7 dvds and just chuck out discs 2-5.  Angry

I'm also kind of hurt that the fans are getting this kind of treatment. Don't we deserve some kind of thoughtful series finale? Not just a half-cocked excuse for one?

Props to Lauren and Alexis though for putting up with so much for GG. I just wish the network could have held out for ASP and ended the series properly  Cry.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:17:48 pm by Burtnnator07 » Logged

Britney

"I ate the fuzzy certs....they tasted like keys!!!!"~Lorelai[/color]
nhiltner
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2007, 09:28:45 pm »

I didn't see the show because of the fire, but read a little about it. I am not upset that Rory said no to Logan. He was never right for her. First, he cheated on her with multiple girls and she took him back. Then, he botched his new job and lost money for the company. Rory is a winner. Logan is a loser, and she doesn't need to be with him. Remember the cute guy she got tongue-tied over a few episodes ago? I am surprised he hasn't shown up again and become a new love interest for Rory. I am so very upset this show is cancelled.
DeaDuchess
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2007, 09:35:06 pm »

anyone who missed tonight's episode of GG due to the fire in LA should email KTLA here http://ktla.trb.com/about/station/ktla-stationmanagement-email,0,5835532.htmlstory?coll=ktla-home-topnav and inquire about replaying the episode at a later time. The more we bug them the better chance we have!!nYou can also call 323-460-5500
GGgirl4life
Stars Hollow Tourist

Ryan Ross <3

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2007, 09:35:52 pm »

I'm sad. This is the second to last episode EVER and the episode seemed to lack those sparks between Lorelai and Luke. Plus, did Rory and Logan's break-up have to be so harsh? It felt like Logan was so cold-hearted and mean toward her. But the song for Rory was hilarious. Emily and Richard's singing was funny and it made the show seem a little cheerier tonight. I just hope the series finale is one of the best.

LORELAI: Pass.
RORY: Why?
LORELAI: Because I'm not Anna Nicole Smith. Next.
JaymeSue
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2007, 09:37:57 pm »

The episode tonight was really good. OK People, you knew that Rory was going to turn down Logan's proposal. It was all over the spoilers for this week so, this wasn't a big surprise for me to comprehend. IMHO, I really like Rory/Logan together as a couple and it would've been nicer to see them get engaged but, they are really too young yet to be stepping into a marriage. Lorelai isn't married so, why would they let Rory get married.

The scenes w/L/L could've been better. You can just see in both of them that they are still wanting each other so badly, it hurts. I think they are both afraid to make the next step or not sure how to approach the one another just to say, "I Love You". When Lorelai told Miss Patty/Babette that the karoke didn't mean anything, it really hurt Luke. You could just see it in his face. All of a sudden, he gave Lorelai the cold shoulder. Also, I watched as Lorelai was also hurt when Luke said, "Coffee to go" and she said, "How about a donut and a muffin to go w/it and after Luke brought the bag out and sat it on the table, Lorelai got this look of hurt in her face as well. They need to gt their act together so, why not give us a SEASON 8!! I would love to see these two get married, have a baby, etc. As for the promo's for next week series finale, I don't think were going to be disappointed.
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2007, 09:39:24 pm »

Recap Pt 1/3

After the thing with Lorelai and Sookie... Rory can't believe she's graduating and gets all sentimental about Paris packing up her stuff (after walking in on a sloppy kiss.) Paris is potentially a workaholic, but he loves her. She's so happy for them and she can't believe she's graduating.

Luke talks to Liz after he remarks on how different the garage looks housing a workshop instead of a boat, and he selects a pair of earrings to give to Rory. Amid protests that the SERENADE, which Liz can imagine clearly from the lengthy descriptions she's heard from half the town ("Half the town needs to get a hobby," Luke snaps) was just drunken Lorelai being drunken Lorelai, he also buys a necklace which coincidentally matches Lorelai's eyes as well as Rory's. And they mention Whitney, but not Dolly.

Liz doesn't let him pay, though.

Liz: After everything you've done for us?
Luke: No, no, I'll pay
Liz: After everything TJ's put you through?
Luke: Hey, thanks, that's really nice of you.

Me: LOL

Then, Lorelai goes to the diner as Luke is all aflutter, but he goes stiff when he hears Lorelai protesting to an overromantic pair of gossips that the song was just a song. And by the way, aren't they all invited to the graduation?

He quickly makes her coffee order "to go" and doesn't rise to her muffin vs. donut (was it donut?) musing, brushing it off with a cold but foreshadowy "Whatever you want." She's so hurt, she leaves her muffin and bagel on the counter as she dashes out.

Then she's on the phone with Rory, who tells her there's no way to get more than four tickets just now, she should have thought of that in September. Lorelai confides her hurt at Luke's cold shoulder, even though she didn't know what she wanted or expected. It's moot, she sighs, he doesn't feel that way anymore. Rory asks if she's okay, then there's a town council meeting. Kirk wants to hang over the town square in a transparent box. Lulu is supportive, Taylor objects on the basis that the tourist attraction would cause a parking crunch. The motion passes, and the town lets Kirk have his box.

Lorelai gets into a discussion about not being able to get tickets and Taylor (Being injured, drunk, and anxious to end the meeting so he can have it off with Miss Patty) admits the topic to the agenda. Lorelai begs forgiveness, promising to throw a party the weekend after graduation in the town square (two weeks from that day, catch the time shift?) The town quickly develops a (potentially annual) Reenactment of Rory's Graduation From Yale, insisting that Lorelai take all sorts of notes, minutes, and extra programs for accuracy. The legend lives!

I think there was a commercial, then Rory's grad party, the eve of her graduation. She and Christopher are okizzay, though Christopher wishes he'd been in on the "seeking the family's hand." And now they're divorced parents, how niche.

I can't remember the order much after the proposal, but there's a promo of Edward Hermann and Kelly Bishop singing a Rory-centric version of "You're the Tops!" as a graduation toast here.

Then Logan proposes, Rory needs to think, And Rory and Lorelai have a horse-drawn carriage ride on which Lorelai refuses to tip Rory either way.

Feel free to take it up, anyone, while I rewatch.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:39:44 pm by lessa » Logged

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2007, 09:41:42 pm »

This is my third post.
I keep coming up with new comments.

Why do they keep on messing up L&L?!
I mean, by now, can't they make them at least friends?
Normal friends?
Not akward fighting friends.
Rememeber in the 4th season when Luke actually confided in Lor about Nicole? I really miss those days.
And I KNOW that everyone will disagree with me here, but I think L&L where much better as friends.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE JavaJunkie. Thats the only reason why I kept up with the show at first, but they had less drama when they weren't involved.

And I thought it sooo out of character for Lor to not go after Luke in the diner.
And for Luke to look like that when she overheard Lor talking to B & Miss. Patty. He NEVER shows his emotions.

I agree with whoever said that DR just randomly wrote down lines without even CONSIDERING who the charcters are.
Seriously, does he want to be known as "the guy who ruined Gilmore girls"? Becasue he is sure heading down that path.

I am really holding a grudge against ASP, because she left there show in such a mess, that she must've known that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to bring it back to its entirety(sp??).

Gosh, I'm pissed.

The one good thing about this eppy was that it got me and my best friend talking again! We had been fighting for two weeks, and she texted me saying," You're the only one I can cry with about GG!"

I'll probably be writing back very soon!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
zeddie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2007, 09:41:54 pm »

Honestly, I was not happy with this episode. I agree with Rory's decision not to marry Logan, just not with how he handled it. He grabbed the ring from her hand and practically stormed off. What was with that!!!!!

I thought it was RIGHT how Logan responded, considering.  I mean, what is he supposed to do? He went to great lengths, putting himself out there - they profess their love all the time. I am SO TIRED of this bs about a man turning into some qween for his woman - being a little patsy / doormat - and NOT asking for what HE WANTS. Where are all the REAL MEN? Well i think Logan was as good a representation as you will get from Gilmore Girls /  Gilmore Wusses....  No kidding. The men are all emasculated - and I liked Logan because he was not - i thought it was PERFECT that he wanted to make an honest woman of Rory AND even that he wanted to "rescue" her - there is nothing "wrong" with that - so Rory rejected him (idiot) but that does not make Logan wrong.

Yes, the traditional repsonse would have been some nice sweet civil goodbye - yeah, well that is a TV goodbye, ok? IN real life there is usualy much swearing, drinkking and throwing things. I LOVED his response. He was DEVASTATED and probably ready to CRY - plus peoople were WATCHING HIM take back the RING? Very sad, and HUMILIATING. Well, i guess i disagree with anyone who does NOT understand him "storming off" - in fact, he held his composure pretty well, but then, i forget myself, i have promised myself NOT to waste my precious REAL - REAL time on a VERY FAKE SHOW.  Sorry = i have all the DVDs too, but i mean, come on - way to RUIN IT.

I just hope these stupid writers don't work again - i would hate to get ripped off in yet another series.  I AM PRETTY FRIGGIN MAD.  Angry

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: